Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:40:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: iMine.org.uk - New e-shop selling mining hardware!  (Read 3242 times)
iMine.org.uk (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:24:58 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2014, 01:44:46 PM by iMine.org.uk

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:34:35 PM

Site content looks good, though the logo (to me) looks like its been drawn by a kid with crayons .... doesn't give the professional look you need for a mining site. Just my opinion though.
iMine.org.uk (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:58:10 PM

I can only apologise for my poor introduction before, it was a quick announcement to get us off the ground and I posted it with very little sleep and a very sore head.

As stated on the site, we are a new company based in the UK, specializing in providing the latest and greatest mining hardware and accessories.  We are offering worldwide shipping and aim to process our orders and have them sent out to the customers as quickly as possible.  Our website is still in Beta but we have plans to widen our product range massively, possibly sell mining contracts in the near future and offer useful information and links for people looking to get started mining.

As I said above, our site is still in Beta until we have fully established ourselves and widened our product range, so it's worth checking back to see the latest news!  We have several units ordered/preordered and hope to become the come to place for mining related hardware and equipment.

Thank you
iMine.org.uk

@empoweoqwj: We appreciate your comments and will take your comments on board and look into a more professional looking logo, Thank you.
ArpFlush

Activity: 623

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 09:40:26 PM

Hi, is everything in stock?

"Panic Selling is not an Investment Strategy"
Kenshin

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 09:44:14 PM

Good luck mate. Your site looks good. The prices are also quite reasonable.  Smiley
WinterParker

Activity: 356

Dock.io

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 10:07:13 PM

When does the items ship??

▀ ▀ ▀▀▀
                 ▄█▄
         ▄▄      ███
         ▀██▄    ███
      ▄▄▄▄▄███▄  ███
   ▄███████████▀ ███
 ▄███▀    ▄██▀   ███
▄███     ██▀     ███
███              ███
███              ███
███▄            ▄███
 ███▄          ▄███
  ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
    ▀▀████████▀

██                            ██               ▄▄
          ██                            ██               ▀▀
          ██                            ██     ▄▄
  ▄██████▄██    ▄██████▄      ▄██████▄  ██   ▄██▀        ██    ▄██████▄
▄██▀    ▀███  ▄██▀    ▀██▄  ▄██▀    ▀▀  ██ ▄██▀          ██  ▄██▀    ▀██▄
██        ██  ██        ██  ██          █████▄           ██  ██        ██
██        ██  ██        ██  ██          ██▀▀██▄          ██  ██        ██
▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▄▄  ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄▄  ██  ▀██▄    ▄██▀
  ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀  ██     ▀██  ███  ██    ▀██████▀

▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK        TWITTER        TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬

iMine.org.uk (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 10:10:38 PM

Thank you!  We knew we would have to be competitive due to the nature of the business and are already working with a smaller margin than planned.
& yes, everything currently listed is in stock and ordered as processed asap.
iMine.org.uk (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:49:02 AM

site updated! Smiley
nytrolic

Activity: 165
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:30:31 AM

Will you be getting some THS machines? and would I be able to collect in person?

Thanks

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:31:49 AM

One stop shop.  Roll Eyes

1980 called, it wants to get it's cliche back.
iMine.org.uk (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:58:40 AM

We have pre-orders for more powerful machines, yes and if you're local, we could possibly arrange something..
& lol, the 80's were awesome!
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:03:51 AM

site updated! Smiley

Thought you might have updated the logo .... maybe soon .... maybe you like it Wink
iMine.org.uk (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:15:39 PM

site updated! Smiley

Thought you might have updated the logo .... maybe soon .... maybe you like it Wink

Embarrassed It's not that bad is it? - It possibly appears differently on your screen to ours but do happen to like it and think it's quite fitting.
tokona

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 08:04:59 PM

The logo is ok!

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 10:22:15 AM

site updated! Smiley

Embarrassed It's not that bad is it? - It possibly appears differently on your screen to ours but do happen to like it and think it's quite fitting.

Its your logo dude. Totally up to you. If you like it, stick with it. Just offering my opinion. But as a guess, you didn't pay anyone to do it? Wink
tom_o

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:45:33 AM

Prices seem good but the lack of fiat payment and bug use of a basic webs.com website make me cautious.

Also why have you chosen one of the cheapest domain types and only registered for a year, also whois obscured you real details using 'crazy-domains?

Where in the UK are you based? Any chance of collecting a miner?
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:15:37 PM

Prices seem good but the lack of fiat payment and bug use of a basic webs.com website make me cautious.

Also why have you chosen one of the cheapest domain types and only registered for a year, also whois obscured you real details using 'crazy-domains?

Where in the UK are you based? Any chance of collecting a miner?

I was going to mention the crappy domain but I thought criticizing the logo was "enough" Wink
iMine.org.uk (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:06:40 AM

We like our logo, encourage the use of Bitcoin and aren't very experienced when it comes to making sites, so thought we would opt for an easier option..

We've received a lot of criticism in a short while, over minor details IOO and would appreciate if we could refocus discussion.

Thank you
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:12:56 AM

selling antminers for 3 BTC while they are 1.9 BTC at official store with FREE DHL shipping ? good luck scamming people
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:48:54 AM

We like our logo, encourage the use of Bitcoin and aren't very experienced when it comes to making sites, so thought we would opt for an easier option..

We've received a lot of criticism in a short while, over minor details IOO and would appreciate if we could refocus discussion.

Thank you

You can get a reasonably professional logo for $30 anywhere on the web. When you launch a service, take all criticism as constructive. Don't go "all defensive", I said the logo was childish because I have seen 1,000 logos and the one on your site was clearly "home made" and sucked. If you don't want to spend $30 on a real logo, so be it .....
iMine.org.uk (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:00:45 PM

I would like to apologise on behalf of the team at iMine.org.uk - It wasn't the best of ideas to reply to the board comments whilst in a rotten mood and I may have misread/taken some comments the wrong way..

After listening to the suggestions and taking on-board the criticism we have received;
We have decided to updated our website's prices as well as hold a competition where you can design our new logo.

Competition: Design us a new logo!

Due to the criticism we have received over our choice of logo, we are holding a competition where you can design us a new one..

We would prefer if the logo was similar to our old one and used the same basic colours throughout.

[ Our shade of orange: #fb9b08 ]
- May be animated,
- PNG / GIF preferred.
- roughly 200 x 200 px

We will pick the winner on the 27th, who will receive a choice of prizes (physical/non-physical) and announce which design we have picked via this thread / our news page.

Entries can be posted in the thread below or PM'd to us.

Thank you and Good luck!
tom_o

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:39:10 PM

What about the points made about you using the cheapest possible domain, for the shortest amount of time and hiding your real registration details?

Other important questions; are you a registered business; sole trader or LLC? If so what's your VAT number?

And why do you claim a shipping time of 2-3 weeks? Royal Mail take a maximum of 7 days and offer special delivery which is pretty much guaranteed within 24 hours.

Looks like it could easily be a scam, sorry to doubt you but you've gotta understand most of us ain't daft or gullible.
iMine.org.uk (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:25:36 PM

When we registered the domain, our iMine title wasn't for certain so we didn't want to pay out for a more expensive domain, when we may soon change it. - & Bitcoin is partly about anonymity, so we didn't feel having our direct details on show was the smartest of ideas.  we are a small team, and an unregistered company and we have stated the longer shipping times to cover international orders..  We appreciate due to the nature of the business, we could appear to be a scam but would like to stress, we are legitimate. (We'd appreciate if our past customers would back us up!) - Also, due to no entries being made for the logo competition, we will be extending the closing date to the 3rd of February.

Due to the criticism we have received over our choice of logo, we are holding a competition where you can design us a new one..

We would prefer if the logo was similar to our old one and used the same basic colours throughout.

- May be animated,
- PNG / GIF preferred.
- roughly 200 x 200 px

We will pick the winner on the 3rd of Feb, who will receive a choice of prizes (physical/non-physical) and announce which design we have picked via this thread / our news page.

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:05:38 PM

When we registered the domain, our iMine title wasn't for certain so we didn't want to pay out for a more expensive domain, when we may soon change it. - & Bitcoin is partly about anonymity, so we didn't feel having our direct details on show was the smartest of ideas.  we are a small team, and an unregistered company and we have stated the longer shipping times to cover international orders..  We appreciate due to the nature of the business, we could appear to be a scam but would like to stress, we are legitimate. (We'd appreciate if our past customers would back us up!) - Also, due to no entries being made for the logo competition, we will be extending the closing date to the 3rd of February.

- May be animated,
- PNG / GIF preferred.
- roughly 200 x 200 px

We will pick the winner on the 3rd of Feb, who will receive a choice of prizes (physical/non-physical) and announce which design we have picked via this thread / our news page.

You cannot "stress" you are legitimate, you have to demonstrate it. Personally, I pay no heed to "private WHOIS info", but I do worry when someone running a business wants to remain completely anonymous and has no business entity formed. Every business in the UK has to have some kind of business structure for legal / tax reasons. Are you in the UK at all?
tom_o

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 06:03:48 PM

we are a small team, and an unregistered company

Then I doubt it is legal for you to be trading, whether with bitcoin or not.

and we have stated the longer shipping times to cover international orders..  We appreciate due to the nature of the business, we could appear to be a scam but would like to stress, we are legitimate. (We'd appreciate if our past customers would back us up!)

This does nothing to encourage me to trust you.

I would like to stress, I am legitimate, trust me Wink

*Hey guys have you got any old bitcointalk accounts laying around? We just need to to comment on something a min...*
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:11:20 AM

we are a small team, and an unregistered company

Then I doubt it is legal for you to be trading, whether with bitcoin or not.

and we have stated the longer shipping times to cover international orders..  We appreciate due to the nature of the business, we could appear to be a scam but would like to stress, we are legitimate. (We'd appreciate if our past customers would back us up!)

This does nothing to encourage me to trust you.

I would like to stress, I am legitimate, trust me Wink

*Hey guys have you got any old bitcointalk accounts laying around? We just need to to comment on something a min...*

An "unregistered company" is not a legal business entity. You are either a registered company, or a partnership (both legal), or possibly just a group of people that have thrown a web site together and pretending to be in business .....

How many customers have you had to date? Sure some of those could back you up?
Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:50:32 AM

When we registered the domain, our iMine title wasn't for certain so we didn't want to pay out for a more expensive domain, when we may soon change it. - & Bitcoin is partly about anonymity, so we didn't feel having our direct details on show was the smartest of ideas.  we are a small team, and an unregistered company and we have stated the longer shipping times to cover international orders..  We appreciate due to the nature of the business, we could appear to be a scam but would like to stress, we are legitimate. (We'd appreciate if our past customers would back us up!) - Also, due to no entries being made for the logo competition, we will be extending the closing date to the 3rd of February.

- May be animated,
- PNG / GIF preferred.
- roughly 200 x 200 px

You cannot "stress" you are legitimate, you have to demonstrate it. Personally, I pay no heed to "private WHOIS info", but I do worry when someone running a business wants to remain completely anonymous and has no business entity formed. Every business in the UK has to have some kind of business structure for legal / tax reasons. Are you in the UK at all?

This is not true. You can trade as a sole trader in the UK. This means you are personally liable should someone sue you, but most people setup a LTD company so only the business assets can be sued. You don't have to register for VAT unless you have turnover more than £79,000.
However having looked at the domain registrant info I wouldn't trade Bitcoins with a PO Box company as it's a way to hide their identity.
http://www.who.is/whois/imine.org.uk

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:26:02 PM

When we registered the domain, our iMine title wasn't for certain so we didn't want to pay out for a more expensive domain, when we may soon change it. - & Bitcoin is partly about anonymity, so we didn't feel having our direct details on show was the smartest of ideas.  we are a small team, and an unregistered company and we have stated the longer shipping times to cover international orders..  We appreciate due to the nature of the business, we could appear to be a scam but would like to stress, we are legitimate. (We'd appreciate if our past customers would back us up!) - Also, due to no entries being made for the logo competition, we will be extending the closing date to the 3rd of February.

- May be animated,
- PNG / GIF preferred.
- roughly 200 x 200 px

This is not true. You can trade as a sole trader in the UK. This means you are personally liable should someone sue you, but most people setup a LTD company so only the business assets can be sued. You don't have to register for VAT unless you have turnover more than £79,000.
However having looked at the domain registrant info I wouldn't trade Bitcoins with a PO Box company as it's a way to hide their identity.
http://www.who.is/whois/imine.org.uk

Yes, you can be a sole trader, so are you saying that's what you are legally? A "sole trader" and "small team" at the same time. Prey tell more.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: