Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:32:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why aren't more people buying bitcoins?  (Read 6698 times)
DrYe5

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 01:11:42 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2011, 01:26:15 PM by DrYe5

Technicals point down and there is quite some probability to see a crash-type decline before a more meaningful bottom can be put in place.

This crash can go down and slice below 7$, 5$ and even 2$, without endangering the longterm bitcoin trend.

I've been waiting for it... and someone's going to be holding those coins. What I'm not sure about is if it's going to stagnate there (I expect) and whether the global economy will improve enough over the next few years to invalidate the movement (if you can call it that).
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 01:49:15 PM

Perhaps we could ask someone who has bought up a lot of Bitcoins as to what they think and why people should continue to pile money into bitcoins today.

http://falkvinge.net/2011/05/29/why-im-putting-all-my-savings-into-bitcoin/

He allegedly (no one can check) put all his savings into bitcoins on 29 May 2011, at presumably $8.30 per bitcoin.  The price just happens to be $8.25 right now, and bitcoin has been as high as $32 and as low as $0.01 (due to a hack, but still, the guy must have been packing his pants).  He's been in for one heck of a wild ride over the past three and a bit months.  I wonder if he's still as bullish now as he was back then.

He was rather excited about the exponential growth in price back then.  "And there’s no indication it’s slowing down or saturating. Quite to the contrary: interest is picking up."  Thousandfold growth in a little over a year, and no signs of it letting up.  I wonder if he feels the same way today.

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 04:09:01 PM

Perhaps we could ask someone who has bought up a lot of Bitcoins as to what they think and why people should continue to pile money into bitcoins today.

http://falkvinge.net/2011/05/29/why-im-putting-all-my-savings-into-bitcoin/

He allegedly (no one can check) put all his savings into bitcoins on 29 May 2011, at presumably $8.30 per bitcoin.  The price just happens to be $8.25 right now, and bitcoin has been as high as $32 and as low as $0.01 (due to a hack, but still, the guy must have been packing his pants).  He's been in for one heck of a wild ride over the past three and a bit months.  I wonder if he's still as bullish now as he was back then.

He was rather excited about the exponential growth in price back then.  "And there’s no indication it’s slowing down or saturating. Quite to the contrary: interest is picking up."  Thousandfold growth in a little over a year, and no signs of it letting up.  I wonder if he feels the same way today.

He's probably one of the ones who's been selling bunches on the way down.   Wink

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 05:48:01 PM

Technicals point down and there is quite some probability to see a crash-type decline before a more meaningful bottom can be put in place.

This crash can go down and slice below 7$, 5$ and even 2$, without endangering the longterm bitcoin trend.

I'm holding out to see if that's true, and if it definitely happens I will subscribe also for the sake of the depreciation. Wink

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 06:00:42 PM

My question is why are all the trolls coming in saying sell sell sell!  instead of buy buy buy!!!   we have the wrong kind of trolls. 

I consider myself a noobie, but after the second "THE END IS HERE"  Or "SELL SELL SELL!" thread  its so obvious they are trolling.  That got me thinking why havent we had any "buy!" trolls ?
any time you want to know why trolls are doing what they are doing... just head on over to the "Troll handbook" called  Encyclopediadarmatica http://encyclopediadramatica.ch/Bitcoin
as you can see the list of things to do to piss off bitcoiners it to post to sell on the forums.

Although I must admit i get some lolz checking out the site i think that people actually have the time to troll is just sad while the other rest of the country are trying to change the world for good.

Maybe trolls just need a hug!?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: