Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:32:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Not yet an accusation - but I'm very nervous: gonefishing510  (Read 850 times)
jakedeez (OP)

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:02:20 PM

I know I posted in his thread yesterday and I will admit I was freaking out last night, hopefully I am wrong here.  I feel though, that I may have been scammed. 

I don't have a ton of skin in the bitcoin game.  I have a company that I founded with a friend of mine that makes bitcoin paperwallets, I had 3 silver 2013, golden B casasius coins, and I have a 3x 280x litecoin rig.  My best friend is a rather well know and important bitcoin developer... He and I bought 50 avalon rigs a while ago and sold them (mined with about half)...  I cashed out my portion of the profits from that, dumbly, in USD.  I make a decent living, a lot really, but living in Manhattan it doesn't go as far as you might think... Anyway, that's enough bio, idk why I even included this, I guess I just feel I need to explain who I am and its cathartic for me anyway...

So I posted a thread saying I was willing to sell one of my 3 coins for $2000 - As I am, short term, rather badly in need of a small cash bump.  I was contacted a few days later by gonefishing510.  He told me he would be happy to buy it, but that I would need to ship first.  I asked about escrow, he said he liked to use John K, but that he is not available atm.  After some hemming and hawing... I finally agreed and sent him the coin, via express mail.  Now there was an issue with the shipment beign delayed, and that clearly was not gonefishing's fault... that's obvious...

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9471203699300001418881

Anyway, he gets the coin, and then it gets odd.  First, he answers a text saying that "He is Mr. Fish and anonymous escrow" but that, "he is waiting in line at the bank to deposit the funds."  He first off says his "buyer" doesn't want it because it looks tampered with... I have never even taken it out of the airtite Mike Caldwell shipped it to me in.  He said it looked like the "top had been peeled off" but didn't and wouldn't send me a pic.  I will admit at this point I flew off the handle.  I started accusing him of scamming me and threatening him.  He finally answered as told me that if I took down the accusations and stated that I jumped to conclusions he would send me btc.  I agreed and posted.  Then he says he will send me extra bitcoins anyway when he got home last night... still nothing. 

I know this post is rambling, and I for sure I guess I am the idiot for shipping first but are there people who have done business with him that can reassure me here? 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lucky7slick

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:11:11 PM

I sent him 20 coins first, no problem. Please keep me updated on this as I was going to use him for escrow but now he is not responding. Then again, its only been a day.

I have been to his house before and met him and his family. Seems like a nice family but if I have proof of him doing anything wrong, I will release his info to you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: