Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:41:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] #coin  (Read 39678 times)
coinpr0n

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:11:34 PM

I like idea of low nominal rewards on initial blocks, but I suppose these are post-premine?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hashtagcoin (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 11:29:50 PM

I like idea of low nominal rewards on initial blocks, but I suppose these are post-premine?

Yes coinpr0n, these would be after the initial pre-mine. Glad the low reward to day 4.5 agrees with you I thought it was a good idea too.
weedoge

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:22:32 AM

Spelling mistake on your site...

Mining software for "Max OS"? ;P

hashtagcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 12:34:00 AM

Spelling mistake on your site...

Mining software for "Max OS"? ;P

lol cheers
hashtagcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 12:40:32 AM

NEW Bounty

Wallet feature : Allow BTC/#coin trading from within the #coin wallet. Developers who feel they can programme this feature are invited to apply. Renumeration will be in BTC or #coin [OPEN]
elrugrim

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:55:24 AM

I see that your looking for trying to substain community interest/interaction with the coin.   Since you guys are going scyript-jane and the coin itself with be cpu friendly, I do have the following suggestions.

Alot of people who were very late to bit/alt coin chain show up on the forums each day.
Create your own pool and test it before coin is released-
More experienced people who know how to min/max will create their own pools if they see the need, and if this comes along smoothly and professionally, those pools will exist before release.

However, make your own #coin pool, and create a true Mining for dummies guide/setup-  Give it a small % fee, and who knows, maybe use the pool fee's to fund a faucet.
Once you have your own pool, target those newer members who constantly ask how to mine for fish.   If this is the first coin they get into, and the getting into is as painless as possible, you have a potential source of loyal/long term first adopters.  As they get experienced, they might shift to more competitive pools, etc.  Still, it helps create more educated ecurrency members, and might create people who are truly invested in the coin.   

The more you establish your infastructure, the more likely it is to catch on.    Maybe take part of the pre-mine to create a faucet or two.   People like free, and if they can get free even without mining, they are more willing to get the wallet.

Don't forget to test the wallet/mining/etc in advance of the release.   Any glitches in said release tend to result in OMGTRASHCOIN peer reviews.
hashtagcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 01:22:12 AM

I see that your looking for trying to substain community interest/interaction with the coin.   Since you guys are going scyript-jane and the coin itself with be cpu friendly, I do have the following suggestions.

Alot of people who were very late to bit/alt coin chain show up on the forums each day.
Create your own pool and test it before coin is released-
More experienced people who know how to min/max will create their own pools if they see the need, and if this comes along smoothly and professionally, those pools will exist before release.

However, make your own #coin pool, and create a true Mining for dummies guide/setup-  Give it a small % fee, and who knows, maybe use the pool fee's to fund a faucet.
Once you have your own pool, target those newer members who constantly ask how to mine for fish.   If this is the first coin they get into, and the getting into is as painless as possible, you have a potential source of loyal/long term first adopters.  As they get experienced, they might shift to more competitive pools, etc.  Still, it helps create more educated ecurrency members, and might create people who are truly invested in the coin.  

The more you establish your infastructure, the more likely it is to catch on.    Maybe take part of the pre-mine to create a faucet or two.   People like free, and if they can get free even without mining, they are more willing to get the wallet.

Don't forget to test the wallet/mining/etc in advance of the release.   Any glitches in said release tend to result in OMGTRASHCOIN peer reviews.

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions elrugrim. Mining pools weren't high on our agenda but I can see where it would be beneficial, as you mention, alot of newcomers are looking for an easy way to get into mining. I like the idea of the faucet giving back to the miners. Your right about ensuring a professional glitch-free launch to be taken seriously, that's definitely our main goal. Thanks, we'll definitely look into starting our own pool.
hashtagcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 08:21:28 AM

My Webhost (Host24.com) tells me our website is down for 20-30 minutes.
Minebeast

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 10:48:45 AM

All I can say is try to keep the premine as low as possible
wwtree

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 11:50:23 AM

seems good

Mjollnir

Activity: 182

http://virtualcurrenciesnews.com/

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 02:06:53 PM

Looks promissing :-)

I keep a eye on it and hope to contribute with my single gpu rig Tongue

My website. Collection of cuttings of crypto news world wide. With links to full article. http://virtualcurrenciesnews.com/
And on steemit.com now Smiley
hashtagcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 02:50:11 PM

All I can say is try to keep the premine as low as possible

I am thinking of even probably halving our initial pre-mine amount. Either that our do a straight give-away for the first 2,500 blocks when reward is only 1 coin. 
atleticofa

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:51:59 PM

The most important is get a good launch. Take too much attention on this point, and the coin will be very succesful.
hashtagcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 03:04:36 PM

The most important is get a good launch. Take too much attention on this point, and the coin will be very succesful.

Thanks for your feed-back guys.

@Mjollnir Your single GPU is what we want to see, Scrypt-Jane will even let you mine on your mobile phone. I'm looking into setting up a P2Pool but I will have to see how much time we have with development still to finish.

@atleticofa Thanks for your feed-back. I'm hoping it goes smoothly. I'm checking in with other launches over the last few weeks to make sure we have everything covered from that point. 
Mjollnir

Activity: 182

http://virtualcurrenciesnews.com/

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 09:50:10 AM

Thanks for your feed-back guys.

@Mjollnir Your single GPU is what we want to see, Scrypt-Jane will even let you mine on your mobile phone. I'm looking into setting up a P2Pool but I will have to see how much time we have with development still to finish.

@atleticofa Thanks for your feed-back. I'm hoping it goes smoothly. I'm checking in with other launches over the last few weeks to make sure we have everything covered from that point. 

I will be there at the start (if i am not sleeping ofcourse  Grin )

My website. Collection of cuttings of crypto news world wide. With links to full article. http://virtualcurrenciesnews.com/
And on steemit.com now Smiley
StewartJ

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:05:03 PM

NEW Bounty

Wallet feature : Allow BTC/#coin trading from within the #coin wallet. Developers who feel they can programme this feature are invited to apply. Renumeration will be in BTC or #coin [OPEN]

This!

A huge innovation for the hash tag coin,  if we can make it happen.

I hate trading on crypsty because my coins get lost in limbo, or come to find out that MCXNow exchange closed with no warning.  
And why pay trading and moving coin fees?

A pure peer-to-peer trading platform via coin wallet will make what alt coins were suppose to be: decentralized!

BTCbull

Altcoin Mania!!!

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:56:35 PM

BTC trading within a wallet is a flawed idea, just think it through a little bit and you'll come to the same conclusion. The wallet would have to also sync to the bitcoin blockchain, right? If you guys can accomplish that, then kudos to you but I really don't see it happening. Just my 2 satoshis.

I personally think your best chance is a marketing play. Use the trending hashtags of the week and get everyone to post in that thread on FB or Twitter to promote the coin.

Good luck.

Life is full of ups and downs... And so is the crypto market Smiley
StewartJ

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:02:05 PM

BTC trading within a wallet is a flawed idea, just think it through a little bit and you'll come to the same conclusion. If you guys can accomplish that, then kudos to you but I really don't see it happening. Just my 2 satoshis.

I personally think your best chance is a marketing play. Use the trending hashtags of the week and get everyone to post in that thread on FB or Twitter to promote the coin. It's a long shot though.

Good luck.

The wallet trading can easily be done through the BTC and Hashtag blockchains with messaging confirmations in the wallets.

Child's play really...
BTCbull

Altcoin Mania!!!

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:04:13 PM

BTC trading within a wallet is a flawed idea, just think it through a little bit and you'll come to the same conclusion. If you guys can accomplish that, then kudos to you but I really don't see it happening. Just my 2 satoshis.

I personally think your best chance is a marketing play. Use the trending hashtags of the week and get everyone to post in that thread on FB or Twitter to promote the coin. It's a long shot though.

Good luck.

The wallet trading can easily be done through the BTC and Hashtag blockchains with messaging confirmations in the wallets.

Child's play really...

Interesting, that was my concern. So you're saying the wallet will have to download both blockchains in order for it to work?

Life is full of ups and downs... And so is the crypto market Smiley
StewartJ

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:05:16 PM

Good luck.

Child's play really...

Interesting, that was my concern. So you're saying the wallet will have to download both blockchains in order for it to work?

It's in development... stay tuned  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: