Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:29:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: squidnet SC pool ate my hash?  (Read 1386 times)
svojoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 07:07:54 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2011, 08:31:52 PM by svojoe

Just to a experiment I gave squidnet SC pool about 1Gh/s over the night.  I represented around 15% of the hash of the pool  I mined for about 8 hours.  My workers on the pool showed the shares submitted.  But when I woke up I was sad to see a 0 reward balance.   Its it somehow possible that at 6-7 Gh/s the pool didn't get a single block all night?

I feel like someone collected a bunch of SC without working for it.  Of course squidnet has zero contact info on the site....   hmmmmmm

This isn't really a support question more like a concern that maybe will help someone else Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CoinHunter

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 08:03:17 AM

Just to a experiment I gave squidnet SC pool about 1Gh/s over the night.  I represented around 15% of the hash of the pool  I mined for about 8 hours.  My workers on the pool showed the shares submitted.  But when I woke up I was sad to see a 0 reward balance.   Its it somehow possible that at 6-7 Gh/s the pool didn't get a single block all night?

I feel like someone collected a bunch of SC without working for it.  Of course squidnet has zero contact info on the site....   hmmmmmm

This isn't really a support question more like a concern that maybe will help someone else Wink

I was also mining there and during about ~5 hours we found one block. And I also wasn't given any SC for it. So perhaps there is an issue there.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
moonboon

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 08:13:51 AM

Ahoy, the squidnet pool is very much on the up and up... I am currently in talks with the pool frontend developer.. I can verify that several blocks went unpaid, and just basically went into the "liquid assets" portion of the wallet.  Which is the same area that the mining donations also go into.. 

I was hoping to have this resolved by now but it's taking longer than I thought to deal with..  I want to be fair since there are many people that have mined thus far so me just manually doing it could result in even more errors.. 

I just want to reassure you the coins have *not* been swindled/eaten/misguided.  I am leaving them in the "temporary" holding area until the shares/blocks can properly be accounted for and paid out.

Very sorry for the delay in paying out but I assure you, I will not miss a single penny.

Thank you..
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 04:53:59 PM

I just saw you clearing unpaid shares and the payout is far below whats to be expected.

I had unpaid: just under 8000 shares out of ~90k pool shares that was across atleast 4-5blocks yet you paid out 2.x SC ?

Hopefully you are still busy paying out cause thats a huge error in payment.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
moonboon

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 05:47:35 PM

I just saw you clearing unpaid shares and the payout is far below whats to be expected.

I had unpaid: just under 8000 shares out of ~90k pool shares that was across atleast 4-5blocks yet you paid out 2.x SC ?

Hopefully you are still busy paying out cause thats a huge error in payment.

Hello, that could have been from an older block before it was found to be an ongoing problem as I was initially paying them out manually as there were only a few regular miners on the pool at the time..  That number has grown along with the amount of blocks solved by the pool so it became increasingly difficult to manually calculate each users payout.  There is still a pool of SC to be paid out..  Also that 2.x could have come from a block that did pay out properly after you saw the issue with some unpaid blocks.. 

I'm doing all I can right now to solve the problem and to pay out each user fairly for their work. 

There is just over 300 SC in the pool which have yet to be paid out.  A big chunk of that will be slotted for the miner who was doing around 20 G/hash helping us solve all the blocks that we did. 

I will keep you all posted on this forum as to the progress..
Nebuluz

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 11:27:54 PM

Hi moonboon...

I've just got the same problem with my testpool. After 24 hours of mining nothing shows up. But i did check the wallet and 4 block are found. So there must be a frontend problem. I'm also working to findout why. If you find a solution pls pm me Smiley

/Best Regards
moonboon

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 11:44:36 PM

Hi moonboon...

I've just got the same problem with my testpool. After 24 hours of mining nothing shows up. But i did check the wallet and 4 block are found. So there must be a frontend problem. I'm also working to findout why. If you find a solution pls pm me Smiley

/Best Regards

I will let you know as soon as I know for your pool as well.. Thanks for verifying that it's not just mine using an alternative currency with the same front-end however.. Smiley
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 12:21:16 AM

hmm just started mining here again and it doesnt seem to allocate the confirmed blocks automaticly still.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: