Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:55:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this possible?  (Read 507 times)
btc925 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:42:43 AM

I'm a gold and silver buyer working out of a retail location. We would like to offer customers the option to be paid in btc when they sell us their precious metals. Is this something we can work with Coinbase or Bitpay to implement? We don't want to invest capital in keeping a large inventory of coin on hand because of the price fluctuation and our initial test on btc interest in the area was low.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
USD-e

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Cryptonankee - your trusted USDe servant

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 04:45:24 AM

I'm a gold and silver buyer working out of a retail location. We would like to offer customers the option to be paid in btc when they sell us their precious metals. Is this something we can work with Coinbase or Bitpay to implement? We don't want to invest capital in keeping a large inventory of coin on hand because of the price fluctuation and our initial test on btc interest in the area was low.

I believe that bitpay would be a much better option.  They are receptive to business opportunities and run a tight ship.  That's a sure way to accomplish your goals.  Good luck!

Donate to the USDe Development Fund BTC: 1N2ZrY7zft13WY1hw8zfAHc2pDzXFXFj1Y   USDe: Gg4LbCtSzw7HoFd5np2TuXD6TRty32U6ug

Do you have USDe in YOUR Wallet?
fearisfearless

Activity: 250
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:07:32 AM

I do not think you can go wrong with either one.  As a business make your calls and pitch the vendors against one another and see who gives you the better deal.  I am not sure about bitpay, but I know coinbase has some very respectable people who work there, such as the creator of litecoins, and are backed by some pretty big venture capitalist as well.

Bottom line, you can't go wrong either way, just seek out the best deal for your company.  Good luck!
btc925 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 10:16:54 PM

Thanks for the advice! I'll contact Coinbase and Bitpay to see if they have any solutions.

Can anyone think of another way of doing this? I'm open to all ideas.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: