Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:06:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Thin Red Line  (Read 3440 times)
Voodah (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 05:53:39 AM

It seems as though our growth was planned way back in time.

I give you the most important line in Bitcoin history.

Everyone who sold above it is a winner. Watch out for this one in the future. Clearly big whales have been watching it (and it's parallels).

Someone has been steering these channels since way back.

(this was inspired by ronfkinswanson's version over at TV; it is now a Schiff Pitchfork and it's placed on the first 2011 bubble instead).

TV Link: https://www.tradingview.com/v/LZQWPiI3/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dalmar

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 05:59:46 AM

Children eventually stop growing and become adults. So, why not the same for bitcoin? I am not saying it has reached its peak now, but this delusional 25k-100k per BTC future is just silly.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
pietje

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:42:50 AM

Children eventually stop growing and become adults. So, why not the same for bitcoin? I am not saying it has reached its peak now, but this delusional 25k-100k per BTC future is just silly.

when bitcoin was $10 probably everyone thought 1k was silly. 10k will become the new 1k in terms of accepted price. If all the adoption continues ofcourse.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:38:28 AM

It's a natural reflection of virality. The situation is chaotic and uncontrolled, despite numerous conspiracy theories.

The charts only ever reflect the reality. Reality comes first. Too many charts and the analyst may begin to fear he is the creator.

Nothing to do with your work in particular Voodah - it's a subconscious mindset prevalent here!

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:49:01 AM

If the exp(exp(t)) trend holds, everyone will buy and sell everything over that line before too long.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
mooncake

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:53:31 AM

I was here.

One year later, I shall revisit this thread if I remember.
oOoOo

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 03:38:21 AM

Everyone who sold above it is a winner.

Dude! Anybody who sold above any of those lines (except maybe for the bottom two) turned into a winner...  Roll Eyes
pbody

Activity: 198

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:57:41 AM

Thinking 25-100k is delusional is silly. You're aware that there are only 21m coins that will be made? It could easily hit 25k if it became another currency option, which it is quickly becoming from being used as a marketing tool.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
Eusebio

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 12:20:21 PM

when bitcoin was $10 probably everyone thought 1k was silly. 10k will become the new 1k in terms of accepted price. If all the adoption continues ofcourse.

talk to the people in the streets, i mean ordinary people, and you will see that most of them still think that 1K for Bitcoin is very silly. and to buy BTC at 1k is just phenomenally silly. thats what most ordinary people think. and i agree with them:) to buy BTC for 1k this year would be ridiculous.
tutkarz

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 12:34:02 PM

talk to the people in the streets, i mean ordinary people, and you will see that most of them still think that 1K for Bitcoin is very silly. and to buy BTC at 1k is just phenomenally silly. thats what most ordinary people think. and i agree with them:) to buy BTC for 1k this year would be ridiculous.

they still can buy bitcoin only to make purchase with it to get discount many merchants provide. And it doesn't have to be whole bitcoin.

bitbrasil

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:01:00 PM

that's a psychological effect only. It's just a matter of what unit you use. If you say 1mBit is 0.800 USD the picture changes. If people start using mBit instead of Bitcoin when referring to units, acceptance would grow faster.
Eusebio

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:05:38 PM

but mBTC is not so atractive as BTC for people:) miniBitcoin doesnt look as good as Bitcoin. and media keep pushing the news that not so long ago 1 BTC was worth around 1 penny.
bambou

Activity: 346

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:17:51 PM

that's a psychological effect only. It's just a matter of what unit you use. If you say 1mBit is 0.800 USD the picture changes. If people start using mBit instead of Bitcoin when referring to units, acceptance would grow faster.

yeah, lets just skip mBTC and start considering satoshis... Cheesy

Non inultus premor
Eusebio

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:34:38 PM

and i have heard that there are other cryptocuriencies with faster transaction times and maybe smaller transaction fees, and with a higher total coins amounts to be released. so those would be easier countable, one coin wouldnt need to cost 10 000$ and be divided into shitloads of smaller peaces. so i see no reason why those more advanced coins wouldnt overtake Bitcoin (which has its shortcomings) in the future, when more and more companies would start accepting those other, better coins.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:03:28 PM

and i have heard that there are other cryptocuriencies with faster transaction times and maybe smaller transaction fees, and with a higher total coins amounts to be released. so those would be easier countable, one coin wouldnt need to cost 10 000$ and be divided into shitloads of smaller peaces. so i see no reason why those more advanced coins wouldnt overtake Bitcoin (which has its shortcomings) in the future, when more and more companies would start accepting those other, better coins.
Which?

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
doctor877

Activity: 896
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 02:19:26 PM

Get a grib son.
Eusebio

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 03:31:18 PM

Which?

dont know yet:) maybe this future coin is not even released yet. from the egzisting ones, Dogecoin looks interesting:
http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency/coins/dogecoin

i personally would like PenisCoin to succeed, that would make me feel more advanced against some other people, because i have a penis.  
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 03:59:45 PM

As neat as that looks, it doesn't mean much. Anything can happen in the world of virtual currencies.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

Eusebio

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:18:51 PM

Bitcoin has only one advantage over other more advanced cryptos - it is its name. Bitcoin. that name looks solid.
but if it will be replaced by milibitcoins or microbitcoins or Satoshis, it will lose its last and only advantage. milibitcoins or microbitcoins sounds lame, Satoshi sounds very japanese. imagine if someone would be ofering you microdollars, would you be happy?
reg

Activity: 463

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:36:09 PM

As neat as that looks, it doesn't mean much. Anything can happen in the world of virtual currencies.
I was told the definition of an expert is "x is an unknown property and spurt is a drip under pressure". Of course the tendency is to use measurement parameters we know ie elliot patterns. linear and exponential lines. But they are all lagging indicators. I do not think they can be realistically applied to bitcoin because it is not one thing but many. I think of it as a "valuable number" and because it can be applied to many spheres of human interaction it's value is incalculable and inherently only limited to the uses it can be put. Who know perhaps one day 1 BTC will get you a nice little solar system in a quiet but select part of the galaxy!.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: