Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:16:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer U1s running with BEs  (Read 891 times)
Xbits (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:04:58 AM

I found a way to get BEs and U1s to run on the same machine at full hash rates using both versions of cgminer at the same time. I had to use
Code:
--hotplug 0
in the antminer .bat file so it doesn't try and read any new devices. In order to have more than one U1 run at the same time I needed to hotplug each addtional one, to get around this I just run another instance of the cgminer (antminer.bat) for each additional U1 one at a time. After the ants are running then I can just plug in the BEs and start normal cgminer for them.

The only issue I have is when running all U1s together in one instance of cgminer, as opposed to one instance for each, it runs for only a few hours before it "stops working". I have no idea why.
Rh3nium

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:20:47 AM

thanks, I will try that, I have so far used two separate machines because of this.
nerobie

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:27:13 AM

in order to have more than one U2 run at the same time you need to hotplug each addtional one, to get around this instance of the cgminer
Xbits (OP)

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:15:40 AM

in order to have more than one U2 run at the same time you need to hotplug each addtional one, to get around this instance of the cgminer
My problem came from the Ant version of cgminer would crash when I tried to plug in BEs while it was running. So I had to tell it to stop reading hotplugged devices, which in turn stopped me from being able to run more than one. So after I have a single U1 running using
Code:
--hotplug 0
in the .bat file, I simply plug in the next U1 and run that same exact .bat file, this opens another window that reads the new device (as the other is in use already). Once I have all U1s running I can plug in the BEs and run regular cgminer for them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: