Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:56:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy anything from my store and get paid 1 BTC  (Read 2752 times)
helloworld

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 02:06:58 AM

Bitcoin is not meant evade governments or purchase illegal things I believe it is created to help fight against identity-theft.

LOL, citation please.

Site looks good by the way, OP.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 02:08:10 AM

I don't think you need to charge a tax if you are only accepting BTC as payment. BTC isint taxable....

lol BTC would be technically impossible to tax. the government wouldent have the resources to go rummaging through the block chain trying to figure out what went where lol.

Regardless, I have sell things by purchasing them with $$$ so I'm technically required by law. Its a fine line which I'm not ready to test the waters yet(nor do I plan on it) Some big billionaire can make a biz and evade taxes and test the government if they care about it or not, but by California state law I'm required to record all invoices accurately as well as apply 7.25% tax on all purchases. They will want to know what I did with all the money.....

Just think about it this way...

if goats were currency...
and someone paid me 20 goats for a video card, but my suppliers don't accept goats as payment....
So i sell my goats into dollars($$$) through the MT.Goats exchange,
i purchase the video card from suppliers with that money and then hand the video card to the customer....

Basically what just happened is that everyone got paid except for the california....
we all know what happens when you piss off the government.

it really isn't that big of a deal I'm working on getting zip code recongintion so no tax is applied when purchasing out side of california. Like someone else suggested I could use my "store credit" feature to give back the money in the mean time.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 02:10:00 AM

i have tried making some changes to my account "details" etc.. When I click the update button (for the section I just updated) it says syncing data then refreshes - with no data entered. Goes back to blank.

So the items are actually in stock or do you have everything set to in stock for testing?

I don't seem to be experiencing this issue although I will definably be looking into this problem.

As of right now "Optional Information" doesn't record any information is that what you could be talking about?

Yes items are stocked ready to go.....

Ah yes, that was what I tried. And also the bitcoin address as well didn't save.

Ready to go huh? I knew I wasn't going to be able to save any coins, I'm forced to spend em now

Thanks I'm not ready to take down optional information yet but now that i know it bothers customers I will get it fixed.
besides that everything has been tested, i've hired people of this community to hack up my application and they all deemed it safe...

Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 02:12:15 AM

Bitcoin is not meant evade governments or purchase illegal things I believe it is created to help fight against identity-theft.

LOL, citation please.

Site looks good by the way, OP.

Thanks for the compliment! Smiley

bitcoin is what you make it no citation needed but if you really want me to prove that bitcoins are ment to help fight against identity theft... go to this website living proof we don't need our personal information in the hands of business owners who don't give a crap about customer security all bussiness owners need to know is "Did we get paid?, yes..cooll do we have a place to ship? yes... cool, SHIP IT!!"
elggawf

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 02:15:29 AM

Don't listen to those shitheads, Bitcoin's taxability has nothing at all to do with the price of fish in kenya.

You're in California? I've known friends who've had run-ins with the State board of Equalization there, and they're animals... if they suspect you're fucking the state over at all, or that your numbers don't add up, they will make up numbers based off any equivalent business they can find. You're doing the right thing by paying your taxes, though if you can't make it not charge out of staters I would tack a tiny bit onto your prices to cover the average number of California buyers and remove the sales tax from the site, and "eat" the sales tax for anyone buying from California.

AFAIK "charging" sales tax that's not owed and not paying it to the state is even worse than not paying sales tax you actually owe.

^_^
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 02:15:37 AM

LOL so much stuff to fix.... where were you guys 2 weeks ago when i was paying people to give me this type of advice....
helloworld

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 02:17:18 AM

if you really want me to prove that bitcoins are ment to help fight against identity theft...

Haha, I was thinking more "bitcoin not meant to evade government" but in another thread, another time, perhaps Smiley

Thanks for the link anyway.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 02:18:43 AM

Don't listen to those shitheads, Bitcoin's taxability has nothing at all to do with the price of fish in kenya.

You're in California? I've known friends who've had run-ins with the State board of Equalization there, and they're animals... if they suspect you're fucking the state over at all, or that your numbers don't add up, they will make up numbers based off any equivalent business they can find. You're doing the right thing by paying your taxes, though if you can't make it not charge out of staters I would tack a tiny bit onto your prices to cover the average number of California buyers and remove the sales tax from the site, and "eat" the sales tax for anyone buying from California.

AFAIK "charging" sales tax that's not owed and not paying it to the state is even worse than not paying sales tax you actually owe.

Thanks for that awesome insight.
 Cool
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 02:19:34 AM

if you really want me to prove that bitcoins are ment to help fight against identity theft...

Haha, I was thinking more "bitcoin not meant to evade government" but in another thread, another time, perhaps Smiley

Thanks for the link anyway.

haha for sure mate.
skilo

Activity: 321

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 02:20:37 AM

I don't think you need to charge a tax if you are only accepting BTC as payment. BTC isint taxable....

lol BTC would be technically impossible to tax. the government wouldent have the resources to go rummaging through the block chain trying to figure out what went where lol.

Regardless, I have sell things by purchasing them with $$$ so I'm technically required by law. Its a fine line which I'm not ready to test the waters yet(nor do I plan on it) Some big billionaire can make a biz and evade taxes and test the government if they care about it or not, but by California state law I'm required to record all invoices accurately as well as apply 7.25% tax on all purchases. They will want to know what I did with all the money.....

and someone paid me 20 goats for a video card, but my suppliers don't accept goats as payment....
i purchase the video card from suppliers with that money and then hand the video card to the customer....

Basically what just happened is that everyone got paid except for the california....

it really isn't that big of a deal I'm working on getting zip code recongintion so no tax is applied when purchasing out side of california. Like someone else suggested I could use my "store credit" feature to give back the money in the mean time.

You would have to pay taxes on the stuff you bought that your selling but your BTC income is not taxable.

You won't find anywhere on a federal income tax form 1040 about bitcoins.

Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 02:22:50 AM

You would have to pay taxes on the stuff you bought that your selling but your BTC income is not taxable.

You won't find anywhere on a federal income tax form 1040 about bitcoins.

Oh rly? bird says....

I'm not a typical amateur(im no pro tho either) i have a lot of business failures(not enough capital) under my belt thanks for your concern mate!
skilo

Activity: 321

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 02:26:52 AM

lol not trying to troll you im just saying, unless california has implemented some new law and has the technology and the man power to pull it off to actually tax your btc income then NO its not taxable...

Im not sure what the state tax forms look like but im looking at the federal 1040 right now and NOWHERE do i see "BITCOIN" anywhere on it....
ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 02:39:54 AM

so a radeon 5850 for 16.68 btc on your site.. is this site legit? I don't want to be scammed. Can anyone vouch for this site or this guy?

Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 02:42:52 AM

Could you change the font? I don't know about other people, but it drives my eyes bonkers reading it in descriptions. I actually copied it to notepad.

I would have to agree - the description part of the products font is huge with very little spacing (line spacing)

Okay I just uploaded diff style for the fonts and i trimed the titles so they aren't getting mixed in with product descriptions
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 02:44:15 AM

lol not trying to troll you im just saying, unless california has implemented some new law and has the technology and the man power to pull it off to actually tax your btc income then NO its not taxable...

Im not sure what the state tax forms look like but im looking at the federal 1040 right now and NOWHERE do i see "BITCOIN" anywhere on it....

OH kay, yeah no i do not tax my income, i only tax my products. I just didn't put it on the development list during development of my site to to not tax customers out side of California. I hope to have this implement within the next couple of days(this feature will need lots of testing).
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 02:49:05 AM

so a radeon 5850 for 16.68 btc on your site.. is this site legit? I don't want to be scammed. Can anyone vouch for this site or this guy?

I just queried my supplier for that product and it looks like that was the last one.

I'm a pretty respected community member(i like to think anyways) I went out on a limb to making MiningFarm and ended up obtaining the bounty for it.
There is currently 12 BTC invested on GLBS Ehttp://charts.glbse.com/markets/CIB-Solutions.html
pbj sammich

Activity: 272

Fighting Liquid with Liquid

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 02:51:39 AM

I just queried my supplier for that product and it looks like that was the last one.

damn, i procrastinated to long
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 02:55:56 AM

I do however have

3 | 5780's http://cheaperinbitcoins.com/product.php?productId=2513
1 | 5770 http://cheaperinbitcoins.com/product.php?productId=2514
2 | GTX 560's http://cheaperinbitcoins.com/product.php?productId=2515
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 03:01:32 AM

Okay so scince I'm not getting any takers, I will pay for the whole product of any mouse on my website that is a total of 1BTC(before shipping).

All you must do it order it, press check out, send in the BTC and I will refund your money in full! not only that I will still purchase the mouse and have it shipped to your house!!!
(this offer will not including getting paid 1BTC)
helloworld

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 03:12:05 AM

Not sure if someone told you yet by the way, but there's a 'laptop' for sale which only shows a picture of a mouse.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: