Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:31:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO Reviews, trust them or NOT?  (Read 2252 times)
dimonarka

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 05:50:10 PM

Watching what reviews. But in general, I understand the essence of the project and draw conclusions based on various reviews presented by different types on different sites. but the main information is contained in the project documentation and on the main site

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
furball64

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 05:55:34 PM

So far I have no significant experience with the crypto market. But already picked up several thematic sites with ratings and reviews of promising ICO. I regularly use these sites to pre-select promising projects, but in any case I need to study the information on my own - whitepaper, the development team, technology and project strategy.

I do not trust the rating sites. I have repeatedly seen how representatives of rating sites appeared in telegrams of the projects, told about the assigned rating and suggested writing to them in the PM if you want to increase the rating.
Here, even the most foolish person understands that in the PM they called the amount of money necessary for payment.
Perhaps there are honest sites, but you should not look for a button in a barrel of shit.

Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 05:59:15 PM

I don't like them at all. They are biased and paid review. As far as I know, they get 4-5 ETH at least for reviewing an ICO and that's why they provide bias review. I think everyone should research more and more for avoiding fake and scam ICO.
daenarys_stormborn

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 06:14:48 PM

my advice do not be too trusting with the ico reviews website like that, because most ico websites reviews are paid websites, so ico organizers pay for the website to get good reviews

Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 06:25:03 PM

Certain reviews about the prospects of ICO, of course, can not be trusted. It is necessary, if possible, to get acquainted with other reviews, and the opinion should be compiled all the same. We invest in ICO projects our money or our efforts and time, and only we must objectively evaluate the relevance and prospects of each project we are interested in.

crudpuppy

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 06:34:35 PM

Certain reviews about the prospects of ICO, of course, can not be trusted. It is necessary, if possible, to get acquainted with other reviews, and the opinion should be compiled all the same. We invest in ICO projects our money or our efforts and time, and only we must objectively evaluate the relevance and prospects of each project we are interested in.
I think the review depends on the reviewer because if the person is not well-known then the rating is useless.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
kethan

Activity: 232

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 06:59:23 PM

Video Reviews, ICO mailers, Listing websites, Telegram Groups, Can you trust them?

Before expressing my opinion about this I would like to mention that the statement made by me is not regarding any particular blogger, vlogger or a listing website. These are all my individual opinions.

Coming back to our topic. I strongly believe that

Most of the ICO reviews made by vloggers on youtube, bloggers on websites, ICO review websites and Telegram channels and groups created by so called “Gurus” have absolutely no value associated with them, are “useless”.

Here is why I think these reviews mislead people more than they help:

They are all paid reviews

The fact that most of the reviewers take money from the company to write about them makes the first point. Why would you write bad about somebody who is paying you to write. That would be best idea to close your shop, isn’t it? :-) lol!. They get money to attract people to make an investment. It’s their job or business model and if they have to be successful they have to deliver well on that.

A good article or a video is the one which brings more people to buy the product

Think about this, A good review article or a youtube video has nothing to do with the success of the product. Usually, Success of the product will come long after you had watched the video and most of the time when you will see the result of your investment you would have forgotten the research you did to figure out if the ICO was good or bad. But, If the video or that content is not entertaining or engaging enough you would not like it which would mean less business to the paying party. To summarise, Reviews are 100% focused towards engagement rather than success of the product.

Have you ever seem a player who represent his country for football as well as Rugby?
Most of the reviewers will speak and write about every industry, product originating from every country, product using every technology and with the token economics as difficult to understand that a qualified economist will struggle. I mean, They say and write those things for which even Warren Buffet would have said “I don’t know” :-) but these guys know everything ( I don’t know why I am thinking about my wife while writing this content :-)).

They should be themselves made billions by now

Can you imagine a person knowing so much about the whole business field that he has a following of 10,000 or 100,000 people and not making billions. I mean, He is like the person who touches anything and that turns out to be gold, Isn’t it?. Don’t get me wrong, They make very good money from the companies who want them to attract traffic for their websites. The point is, A person who is super expert of a segment like “blockchain ICO” (It’s true that many ICOs have given more than 100,000X returns) must have invested his $500 into those 100s of successful ICOs, right? :-). Somehow, That’s not the case and they keep on freelancing or working for very big marketing companies.

So, To whom should you listen? Who can give you the correct information? How can you trust that information?

I will share my thoughts about it shortly. If I am thinking on correct lines or saying something completely incorrect, I would let you to decide.

In the meantime, Please checkout our ICO at www.talenthon.io, We are a very genuine team based out of UK trying to disrupt an industry which is desperately looking for change with a unique vision. Invest if you like the whole business proposition.

Today there are some thematic sites that I can completely trust. They can give preliminary information for choosing an option for investment. But you do not need to 100% believe these reviews and opinions. Because often there are placed custom-made articles and fraudulent information. Therefore, the investor must always conduct a thorough assessment of the selected project.
anisoptera

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 09:57:19 AM

No you can't trust them at all, in this industry everything is about money. If you have paid you will get a good review, if you haven't then a bad review; but if you will pay they will take the bad review out and replace it with a good one instead.

Barbatos

Activity: 272
Merit: 11

www.becent.com

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 10:24:28 AM

Video Reviews, ICO mailers, Listing websites, Telegram Groups, Can you trust them?

Before expressing my opinion about this I would like to mention that the statement made by me is not regarding any particular blogger, vlogger or a listing website. These are all my individual opinions.

Most of the ICO reviews made by vloggers on youtube, bloggers on websites, ICO review websites and Telegram channels and groups created by so called “Gurus” have absolutely no value associated with them, are “useless”.

The fact that most of the reviewers take money from the company to write about them makes the first point. Why would you write bad about somebody who is paying you to write. That would be best idea to close your shop, isn’t it? :-) lol!. They get money to attract people to make an investment. It’s their job or business model and if they have to be successful they have to deliver well on that.

A good article or a video is the one which brings more people to buy the product

Think about this, A good review article or a youtube video has nothing to do with the success of the product. Usually, Success of the product will come long after you had watched the video and most of the time when you will see the result of your investment you would have forgotten the research you did to figure out if the ICO was good or bad. But, If the video or that content is not entertaining or engaging enough you would not like it which would mean less business to the paying party. To summarise, Reviews are 100% focused towards engagement rather than success of the product.

Have you ever seem a player who represent his country for football as well as Rugby?
Most of the reviewers will speak and write about every industry, product originating from every country, product using every technology and with the token economics as difficult to understand that a qualified economist will struggle. I mean, They say and write those things for which even Warren Buffet would have said “I don’t know” :-) but these guys know everything ( I don’t know why I am thinking about my wife while writing this content :-)).

Can you imagine a person knowing so much about the whole business field that he has a following of 10,000 or 100,000 people and not making billions. I mean, He is like the person who touches anything and that turns out to be gold, Isn’t it?. Don’t get me wrong, They make very good money from the companies who want them to attract traffic for their websites. The point is, A person who is super expert of a segment like “blockchain ICO” (It’s true that many ICOs have given more than 100,000X returns) must have invested his $500 into those 100s of successful ICOs, right? :-). Somehow, That’s not the case and they keep on freelancing or working for very big marketing companies.

So, To whom should you listen? Who can give you the correct information? How can you trust that information?

I will share my thoughts about it shortly. If I am thinking on correct lines or saying something completely incorrect, I would let you to decide.

In the meantime, Please checkout our ICO at www.talenthon.io, We are a very genuine team based out of UK trying to disrupt an industry which is desperately looking for change with a unique vision. Invest if you like the whole business proposition.

Yes, it can be very useful and important information for a preliminary suitable project for investment. But you need to understand - today many ICO buy reviews on thematic sites, so there is a danger of deception and fraud. Therefore, in any case, you need to carefully study the specific project yourself.

pocketfullofpoke

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

www.daxico.com

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 10:45:06 AM

I don't usually trust ICO reviews because as what i have know, some ICOs are just paying the ICO rating websites just to gain hype of their ICO in order to draw investors in. I only believe in the ratings or reviews once i got to check on their website, team, and of course its impact to the community involvement of the ICo.

jefcasidy

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 11:06:53 AM

There are some people I can easily trust their ICO reviews because they have build reputation for themselves over years and there are people who i don't trust their ICO reviews especially most of the ICO rating sites, most of those sites review is bias and incentive. So I don't trust most them and most of the I trust.

════════⟹  Pro Fish  ⟸════════
The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments
ligerti

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 05:36:53 AM

I like to watch various reviews and read articles. They can provide additional useful information for a promising choice. But you don’t need to believe them completely, because there is always the risk of mistakes and fraud. Therefore, be sure to independently explore the potential of a particular project.
gerbas

Activity: 582

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 06:26:40 AM

I believe that not all of ICO reviews are to be trust, we still need to be careful in believing on an ICO review, also we have to gain more information from another source to get the best info as possible.
juragankambing

Activity: 125
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 06:36:26 AM

ico reviews is one way to find out about an ico, both in terms of products and teams, but in my opinion currently ico review is no longer a benchmark in choosing an ico, because most ico reviews are paid by an ico and we never know how they review and rate a ico,
KHCGlobal
Copper Member

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 06:43:45 AM

It really depends on the project on whether it is a solid project with backing or just a fund collecting project
Mikell556

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 06:58:49 AM

Watching what reviews. But in general, I understand the essence of the project and draw conclusions based on various reviews presented by different types on different sites. but the main information is contained in the project documentation and on the main site

Of course, I read various reviews of coins and tokens. Sometimes I look through ratings. But I never trust them, because the first place can be bought for money. You need to trust only yourself.
castiloros

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 07:44:49 AM

No one can be provided with information that is entirely true it is. even myself who analyze himself about the ICO also experienced several inaccuracies. but this is better because of the want of trying and trying, at least well-informed about crypto and ICO though not completely. such sites rely on rating articles, and much more is not a guarantee. even what they value too much.
hengha

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 07:48:48 AM

I certainly won't trust those comments and telegraph groups, although I will check out some information about ICO before investing, but I am only using it as a reference material!

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
niublity

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 07:52:31 AM

Most of these ratings are not believed. We all know that they only need to pay some money to get a good evaluation. This kind of evaluation doesn't make any sense to us, but even so, I think these ratings can be used as part of the reference because it can't be completely wrong and there must be some real information.

bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 07:57:48 AM

Promotional informations including the videos, websites, posters, reviews, and many more are part of the marketing strategy to attract investors. For sure these promotional informations are paid materials. Since these are paid, another part of due diligence is searching the personality behind the projects.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: