Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:44:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: hypothetically speaking.. ..would you invest in my company with bitcoins?  (Read 845 times)
stevendobbs (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 01:08:10 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2011, 01:19:41 PM by stevendobbs

http://www.thunder-works.com/ this is my company, its a computer games company, we have some investment but need a little more. For an investment in bitcoins for bitcoins at some return. Do you think people might invest?

Bitcoins might be rather useful for us as an investment pot, because our company although british based, has owners and workers overseas - the Co founder is from Brazil. For us, a cheaper way to exchange wages for our staff abroad would be beneficial.

Its either we use a novel source of potential investment, bitcoin, or we go to the banks. At the moment interest rates on business loans, despite bank of england rate being near zero, is approx 10%

Has anybody done anything like this? what is the best way?

Bitcoin is anonymous, so does it make sense to tie capital to a bitcoin purchase? Normally one would inform company house of share holder exchanges? (so is the agreement better described as a bitcoin loan)

I would appreciate any advice. We look for about 2000 Bitcoins to complete our project in a timely manner which would be spent on office rental, wage for 3 part time staff, 1 based in the UK, 2 artists in south america. I'm the director and programmer and I work full time on Jet Thunder, our launch product. We have a publisher lined up for the game, we just need to finish it. We have a good royalty level agreement with our publisher.

Our project is 90% done, but we don't want to crawl back to our investor to ask for more for sake of reputation. We like our royalty % as it is, and don't want to touch that.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCcommodities

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2011, 01:12:21 PM

glbse.com, much?
i know i bought some stock there. and maybe, given a good prospectus, someone will buy yours...

stevendobbs (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 01:22:15 PM

Being new to bitcoin, I've never heard of GLBSE before - interesting - I was wondering if there was an equivalent of a stock market with bitcoin.

BTCcommodities

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2011, 01:48:09 PM

go and try!
the signup procedure is a pain, but i assume once you're set up and provide for a good idea, a good product and some nice dividends, you'll be good.

stevendobbs (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 01:54:26 PM

indeed, if it is such a pain to sign up, is it just as difficult for those who would invest? the pool of potential investors might be quite small? Its worth a try. I'd rather give somebody other than the banks an opportunity.
BTCcommodities

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2011, 01:58:26 PM

indeed, if it is such a pain to sign up, is it just as difficult for those who would invest? the pool of potential investors might be quite small? Its worth a try. I'd rather give somebody other than the banks an opportunity.
search some threads and talk to the people at glbse, then decide :-D

Surawit

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 02:00:11 PM

Wow, that game looks great! You should get some celebrity endorsement, it will make it much more attractive to investors and customers.

Simon Weston's Thunderworks. For some markets you may need to use an Argentinian war hero instead, e.g. Diego Maradonna's Thunderworks
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2011, 02:39:53 PM

Hey stevendobbs,

Getting started using glbse as a share buyer is easy and we're working on making it easier. Our problem is that when we started we said we were going to make it secure (and it is/was), and have then slowly over time made it easier to use. Most other websites start the other way around and only begin making things secure after they've had a breakin (or a couple of them).

If you need any help getting starting just send me an email, and you might head over to the glbse.com/forums/ for any specific questions, that's where the community for that sort of thing is.

Nefario.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 02:46:11 PM

This is looking pretty impressive. Do you have an estimate on release dates?
stevendobbs (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 01:09:14 PM

2-4 months time. Depends on how we're funded. If funding is no problem, then we can concentrate on getting our first product out the door. Alternatively we snap up short term work to make ends meet. We prefer the former. - On release we get an advance on royalties. Most of our earnings will probably come within a few months after release.

Going to set up an account to offer some assets.

We've got a bit of a cash flow problem until the royalties come. Our original funding source as said, has run dry.

I phoned the bank up today, and they've said okay to a small loan to cover us. So we have that fall back option if the bitcoin asset sale doesn't bear fruit. Bitcoin seems more interesting though.
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2011, 02:35:10 PM

So what are you offering? Kind of need to know what proportion of the royalties are going to be going to GLBSE shareholders. IS it just for this release or from here on. If it's long term then all your shareholers can be put on GLBSE and mangaged though that.

It also does require that you be very open with accounting and such. I think for the fact that you've already got something close to completion (i.e. this isn't just an idea) is going to be a really big selling point. I think that GLBSE should be able to raise the needed amount of funds if financially it looks ok.

Nefario.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
echris1

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 03:27:52 PM

The big problem you run into with a Bitcoin based investment is that the price isn't based just on how well your company does.  If someone invests when 1BTC is $15, and later on that same BTC is worth $8 (which is about what has happened over the last few months) it isn't a very good investment.

If on the other hand you are just using Bitcoins as the transfer method, and people's investments are then recorded and tracked in $ or what have you, that isn't much of a problem, except that you might have to buy more BTC to pay those investors out.  Of course, I encourage you to buy BTC anyway, since any upward pressure on the price is much appreciated.

I hope it works for you, and make sure to let people know, growing the BTC economy is good for everyone involved =)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: