Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:11:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIR] ---- PirateCoin | Exchange listed ---- Arrr!  (Read 47839 times)
Mike_Rotch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:57:29 AM

My personal opinion is that BobDylan continues to control the Facebook and Twitter account for the time being.  I suggest he does not hand that information over to anyone.

The original dev (motd2k) has pretty much acted like a douchebag to the community since the coin began.  Someone designed a new logo, started making progress without him and he just shutdown the website like an asshole.

Fortunately, I foresaw this and made a copy, and instructed BobDylan to change the Facebook and Twitter account passwords before motd2k could take down those as well.  For all we know, Mike_Rotch is just another alias motd2k uses, or a friend, trying to get the passwords back now that he's locked out.

Motd2k needed to go, so we are kicking him the fuck out.  The new website is http://www.arrcoin.com.  I have the source code and I am working on recompiling the wallet to update the coin's symbol to ARR.  I have also spoken with AllCrypt about changing the symbol and they're totally cool with it.

This is what we pirates refer to as MUTINY.

That's all to the good, and nice job getting the site back up.  Motd2k wasn't too much of a douchebag considering he gave us all the social network login info so that we could take over as a community.  The thing is, what started out as a cool coin about pirates turned into a political statement about piracy, which, no matter how well-meaning, advocates activities that are illegal in my country, and destroys the coin's broad commercial appeal.  "Pirates of the Carribiean" fans that might flock to a crypto like this will be turned away when they realize the mission of PirateCoin is to encourage practices that bring jail time in many places.

Can't it just be a coin about pirates?

If we're just looking to latch on to a movement of enthusiasts that could boost the commercial viability of this coin, why not get in with these guys?  They've got a massive following

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

finally somebody who gets my point that's why i (as a political pirate myself) think we should go with the proposal of booty coin as stated earlier and leave the synonym pirate to where it belongs nowadays to the movement.
everybody who wants to get involved with the political movement and project will do so anyway...but using the logo and the text from ppi as not official members is not cool man...it sooner or later will bring trouble! trust me I've been a pirate long enough to know if the wrong folks get a hold of this it's good night ever getting credibility as an p2p crypto coin community...

so can we pls just cooperate so the community doesn't loose everything they worked for?

BTC:12axUHTuJPB2wRrHSVSdckHW118zvMjZpt 
Support n0nplusultra.net

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitideas

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 08:04:11 AM

finally somebody who gets my point that's why i (as a political pirate myself) think we should go with the proposal of booty coin as stated earlier and leave the synonym pirate to where it belongs nowadays to the movement.
everybody who wants to get involved with the political movement and project will do so anyway...but using the logo and the text from ppi as not official members is not cool man...it sooner or later will bring trouble! trust me I've been a pirate long enough to know if the wrong folks get a hold of this it's good night ever getting credibility as an p2p crypto coin community...

so can we pls just cooperate so the community doesn't loose everything they worked for?

I'm open to the booty coin idea, but admittedly, I'm hoping for profitabilility Smiley

Being in the movement, no doubt you think about the movement any time you hear the word Pirate.  But 99% of the consumers who will be buying alts in the next few years don't know anything about the movement, and are more likely to associate Piratecoin with Captain Jack Sparrow and "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" and the old-timers will be thinking of Errol Flynn Tongue

I think that commercially, PirateCoin could succeed very well based on its name strength, without any political connotations whatsoever.

Build your Bitcoin Downlines at the Bitcoin Downline Builder!
Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:13:34 AM

I'm open to the booty coin idea, but admittedly, I'm hoping for profitabilility Smiley

Being in the movement, no doubt you think about the movement any time you hear the word Pirate.  But 99% of the consumers who will be buying alts in the next few years don't know anything about the movement, and are more likely to associate Piratecoin with Captain Jack Sparrow and "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" and the old-timers will be thinking of Errol Flynn Tongue

I think that commercially, PirateCoin could succeed very well based on its name strength, without any political connotations whatsoever.

I don't know where you are from but here in europe everybody will associate it with the party and even in america the pirate bay and the movement it became is well known by young folks...i just think the future of the word pirate will not be the old romantic image, so to say...

the thing also is that in some country’s the word pirate itself is a trademark of the pirate party so there could be legal issues as well.

so aiming for profitability i still think booty coin would be our best shot. i already corresponded with hank booty who proposed the idea and i personally think he has a pretty decent plan worked out already and i also agree with him that sex sells. ( we could even be better of then sex coin because booty coin is more subliminal)

Support n0nplusultra.net
bitideas

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 08:28:41 AM

I don't know where you from but here in europe everybody will associate it with the party and even in america the pirate bay and the movement it became is well known by young folks...i just think the future of the word pirate will not be the old romantic image, so to say...

the thing also is that in some country’s the word pirate itself is a trademark of the pirate party so there could be legal issues as well.

so aiming for profitability i still think booty coin would be our best shot. i already corresponded with hank booty who proposed the idea and i personally think he has a pretty decent plan worked out already and i also agree with him that sex sells. ( we could even be better of then sex coin because booty coin is more subliminal)

This is so funny to me, and will brand me as a superficial and insulated American for all time Smiley

Until 10 minutes ago, I had no idea there was an actual serious political party called the Pirate Party.  I'm sorry!

I just found this... look at the list of countries on the right... I'm so cut off...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_Party

And I totally agree with the entire platform!  And I think the name value is tremendous, and could be used to benefit the party without hurting the commercial value, especially if you tone down the political aspect, explaining it to people who don't know (through the Foundation, for example) the way I read it tonight:

"Pirate parties support civil rights, direct democracy and participation in government, reform of copyright and patent law, free sharing of knowledge (open content), information privacy, transparency, freedom of information and network neutrality."

Who on earth could object to that?

Mortimer452

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:35:45 AM

My personal opinion is that BobDylan continues to control the Facebook and Twitter account for the time being.  I suggest he does not hand that information over to anyone.

The original dev (motd2k) has pretty much acted like a douchebag to the community since the coin began.  Someone designed a new logo, started making progress without him and he just shutdown the website like an asshole.

Fortunately, I foresaw this and made a copy, and instructed BobDylan to change the Facebook and Twitter account passwords before motd2k could take down those as well.  For all we know, Mike_Rotch is just another alias motd2k uses, or a friend, trying to get the passwords back now that he's locked out.

Motd2k needed to go, so we are kicking him the fuck out.  The new website is http://www.arrcoin.com.  I have the source code and I am working on recompiling the wallet to update the coin's symbol to ARR.  I have also spoken with AllCrypt about changing the symbol and they're totally cool with it.

do me a favor and look at page 2 of this thread and search for my name and then you can rethink if me and motd2k are friends...

and fine if you wanna play kindergarden then keep it! but don't come crying to me after you regret the descission...

i just really don't understand whats so hard making community decissions?! you could've stated your consurnes much earlier and could also discuss things like writing to allcrypt with the community. instead of acting on your own behalf what will surely benefit the credebility here...don't you think so too?!

with such actions you are not behaving any better than motd2k...ever thought about that?!

I at least was honest with the whole community and like i already said, i could've said nothing about what i knew and the coin would've probably simply died...

i'm really astonished that you think this bullshitting will get us any further...
and i really ask myself what for have i been doing work? trying to communicate every step and connecting with the community members involved? didn't you read a few pages back?

and again i turn to the community and ask for your oppinion on this?

I definitely did read a few pages back, and it sounds like you were talking about turning this coin over to the Pirate Party movement, and also sounded like you really had no idea if they wanted it or not.  I waited a few days to see how this panned out.

I have not spoken up until now simply because I wanted to make sure some things were in place.  To be more specific, gaining access to the Facebook and Twitter accounts, and hopefully the domain name before making any statements (although, looks like that is not happening, hence we now have arrcoin.com).  I figured Motd2k would end up tearing down everything he could if he discovered someone else wanted to take over the coin, and I was right.

And besides that, scheming secretly with others is what pirates do Smiley

Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:55:46 AM

I don't know where you from but here in europe everybody will associate it with the party and even in america the pirate bay and the movement it became is well known by young folks...i just think the future of the word pirate will not be the old romantic image, so to say...

This is so funny to me, and will brand me as a superficial and insulated American for all time Smiley

Until 10 minutes ago, I had no idea there was an actual serious political party called the Pirate Party.  I'm sorry!

I just found this... look at the list of countries on the right... I'm so cut off...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_Party

And I totally agree with the entire platform!  And I think the name value is tremendous, and could be used to benefit the party without hurting the commercial value, especially if you tone down the political aspect, explaining it to people who don't know (through the Foundation, for example) the way I read it tonight:

"Pirate parties support civil rights, direct democracy and participation in government, reform of copyright and patent law, free sharing of knowledge (open content), information privacy, transparency, freedom of information and network neutrality."

Who on earth could object to that?

LAWL! you're killing me here! XD

Problem is motd2k didn't think of the possibility before (which i criticized on the second page like mentioned above) and pirates are base democratic. which means the whole project would have had to be discussed previous to launching the coin for the international movement to accept it...i would've told him if he had at least pre-announced the coin but after i talked to him he made clear to me he wouldn't have joined the party anyway...

the thing is there now is a pirate party crypto project being planned that's why i got in contact with motd2k after i saw he changed the logo and the website text to make him aware that this could cause problems. as stated earlier he then basically said he had much to do and also a few private issues he had to tend to and was happy to hand over the project to the pirate party. no more answer after that...

Support n0nplusultra.net
bitideas

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 08:56:35 AM

I figured Motd2k would end up tearing down everything he could if he discovered someone else wanted to take over the coin, and I was right.

Right you are!  But Motd2k turned everything over to the community (me, specifically) and left it up to the community to decide where to take it.  So as a community we've got to come together and make this work.  Look at our subreddit... we are a very, very small community right now.  I think that right now marketing this coin and growing the community is the most important thing. When we have more voices and people invested in the coin's success, it will be easier to reach a consensus about the purpose and possibilities.

Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:07:14 AM

My personal opinion is that BobDylan continues to control the Facebook and Twitter account for the time being.  I suggest he does not hand that information over to anyone.

The original dev (motd2k) has pretty much acted like a douchebag to the community since the coin began.  Someone designed a new logo, started making progress without him and he just shutdown the website like an asshole.

Fortunately, I foresaw this and made a copy, and instructed BobDylan to change the Facebook and Twitter account passwords before motd2k could take down those as well.  For all we know, Mike_Rotch is just another alias motd2k uses, or a friend, trying to get the passwords back now that he's locked out.

Motd2k needed to go, so we are kicking him the fuck out.  The new website is http://www.arrcoin.com.  I have the source code and I am working on recompiling the wallet to update the coin's symbol to ARR.  I have also spoken with AllCrypt about changing the symbol and they're totally cool with it.

do me a favor and look at page 2 of this thread and search for my name and then you can rethink if me and motd2k are friends...

and fine if you wanna play kindergarden then keep it! but don't come crying to me after you regret the descission...

i just really don't understand whats so hard making community decissions?! you could've stated your consurnes much earlier and could also discuss things like writing to allcrypt with the community. instead of acting on your own behalf what will surely benefit the credebility here...don't you think so too?!

with such actions you are not behaving any better than motd2k...ever thought about that?!

I at least was honest with the whole community and like i already said, i could've said nothing about what i knew and the coin would've probably simply died...

i'm really astonished that you think this bullshitting will get us any further...
and i really ask myself what for have i been doing work? trying to communicate every step and connecting with the community members involved? didn't you read a few pages back?

and again i turn to the community and ask for your oppinion on this?

I definitely did read a few pages back, and it sounds like you were talking about turning this coin over to the Pirate Party movement, and also sounded like you really had no idea if they wanted it or not.  I waited a few days to see how this panned out.

I have not spoken up until now simply because I wanted to make sure some things were in place.  To be more specific, gaining access to the Facebook and Twitter accounts, and hopefully the domain name before making any statements (although, looks like that is not happening, hence we now have arrcoin.com).  I figured Motd2k would end up tearing down everything he could if he discovered someone else wanted to take over the coin, and I was right.

I just stated the three options i saw given at that moment...if you didn't notice at least i had the impression that the general will of the community was not taking that risk and changing the name so it we won't get into any trouble...(the thing is i am only one of thousand pirate party members world wide and i honestly have no idea how the majority would vote on this issue)

scheming secretly? man you got your history wrong with propaganda! pirates where always the only democracy there was! read some books you scallywag! ^^

but you sound like a reasonable guy so i guess you're interested on the well being of the community which this p2p network "belongs" to (or in other words whom ever put effort in it). which means we're stuck here together so we'd better get along Tongue

and as for motd2k to be honest i thought he would bail sooner...after the grumpy post with the fridge i thought: aaaand he's gone...^^

Support n0nplusultra.net
Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:11:47 AM

I figured Motd2k would end up tearing down everything he could if he discovered someone else wanted to take over the coin, and I was right.

Right you are!  But Motd2k turned everything over to the community (me, specifically) and left it up to the community to decide where to take it.  So as a community we've got to come together and make this work.  Look at our subreddit... we are a very, very small community right now.  I think that right now marketing this coin and growing the community is the most important thing. When we have more voices and people invested in the coin's success, it will be easier to reach a consensus about the purpose and possibilities.

i agree that's also why i'm so fond of the booty coin idea...hank sounded like he had plan of marketing so i really would like to have him on board...i think you guys would also agree if he'll stop by...i hope he will have some time for it soon...

i also had a little idea:
we could make some sexy pic contest and the first 3 girls voted for their fine booty get a bunch booty coins for example...

Support n0nplusultra.net
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:37:38 AM

Okay so it sounds like we need to:

1.) Change the logo back to what it was and do not have anything to do with The Pirate Party
2.) Change the Piratecoin abbreviation to ARR and get a new wallet compiled
3.) Get the new web site up and keep it up
4.) Get a blockchain explorer (if the original is still down)
5.) Decide together on how to promote and expose this coin to more people
6.) Find something good to be involved in with the coin (make it useful)

I personally do not like the idea of changing the whole name of the coin. I like Piratecoin better than Bootycoin and think it is a better choice. But I'm just one vote and the majority should rule.

I would just like to see some unity here and to get things running normally/smoothly like they were for a few weeks at least when this coin first came out. Then we can focus on getting bigger.
Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:08:05 PM

1.) Change the logo back to what it was and do not have anything to do with The Pirate Party

I personally do not like the idea of changing the whole name of the coin. I like Piratecoin better than Bootycoin and think it is a better choice. But I'm just one vote and the majority should rule.

I would just like to see some unity here and to get things running normally/smoothly like they were for a few weeks at least when this coin first came out. Then we can focus on getting bigger.

agree...the only thing we see different is the issue of the name because i personally really am worried that it could cause problems.
trust me i know how such little things can lead to a big pile of shit. i don't know how much you were following the news about pirates international but in germany for example we just had an incident that is since then known as "bomber gate" a lean on to water gate. it's about a pirate party member that wanted to provoke some nazis and handled without consensus of the rest of the party. long story short: many pirates are evil trolls. trust me they will try to defend what they have established if somebody or something threatens their reputation...(sorry colleges if somebody ever reads this but you know it's true ^^ but to be fair we also have some of the most awesome individuals in the whole world Wink )

and cryptos are based on trust and good promotion, so that would be bad m'kay...i just wanna make this clear for everyone that this could be hazardous for the whole operation and i'm really sorry to be the bringer of bad news here...

it's also not easy for me being the intermediary of thousands of pirates world wide and this community. i have no idea how the other pirates all will react but you know every opinion will be present.

removing the logo and the text will certainly make less of a surface for accusations to grab hold on but you never know (like i said in some countrys the pirate party has the trademark on the word pirate) and even if there is no legal issue i don't think if the cypto projekt gets started that we could compete...like i said the only way i see to maybe get on with pirate party is to hardfork later on and even that is not guaranteed...

so if we changed the name we would be on the save side and i could also try to look after that our coin sort of as first becomes the little brother ( or better sister ^^) of the new pirate coin from pirate party...maybe also gets used until the partys own is launched (or longer if we have good ideas)...
i think it would give a better ground for me to argue because then it is not in competition...

besides like i said if anybody is interessted in getting on board the pirate party cryptoproject i can keep you up to date...and i personally think it would be great if we could gain expirience together here and later use that to really pull through with an whole new concept and the best crypto service the world has ever seen...

i hope i made everything as clear as possible because i really think this are important points to consider. if there are any questions i will be happy answering or forwarding them...

Support n0nplusultra.net
cherominerito

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:17:09 PM

+1 for all.

I am with you.

FootballCoin:  FXFCWvewynp8feR4ZQ1BJbYxeWzByvqgN8
bitideas

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 04:41:54 PM

agree...the only thing we see different is the issue of the name because i personally really am worried that it could cause problems.

and cryptos are based on trust and good promotion, so that would be bad m'kay...i just wanna make this clear for everyone that this could be hazardous for the whole operation and i'm really sorry to be the bringer of bad news here...

it's also not easy for me being the intermediary of thousands of pirates world wide and this community. i have no idea how the other pirates all will react but you know every opinion will be present.

There is no trademark or other intellectual property claim to the word or concept of "Pirate". 

"Pirate", as it's universally understood, outside of a movement that, pardon me saying, is relatively obscure even in the countries that recognize the party, has nothing to do with politics.  In the USA and worldwide, amongst 98%+ of the population, the term Pirate is more of a theatrical/historical concept that is widely appealing.

"Booty Coin" with its sexual connotations would severely limit the potential market.

I strongly advise keeping PirateCoin as it is and removing any connection to the political party.  That's my vote.

Start Booty Coin if you want, they can complement each other.

But PirateCoin can stand alone, without any connection to anything other than the "Ahoy, Matey!" image that it conjures up to the vast majority of people on the planet.

Hashturbater

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 05:19:53 PM

There is no trademark or other intellectual property claim to the word or concept of "Pirate". 

"Pirate", as it's universally understood, outside of a movement that, pardon me saying, is relatively obscure even in the countries that recognize the party, has nothing to do with politics.  In the USA and worldwide, amongst 98%+ of the population, the term Pirate is more of a theatrical/historical concept that is widely appealing.

"Booty Coin" with its sexual connotations would severely limit the potential market.

I strongly advise keeping PirateCoin as it is and removing any connection to the political party.  That's my vote.

But PirateCoin can stand alone, without any connection to anything other than the "Ahoy, Matey!" image that it conjures up to the vast majority of people on the planet.

Exactly, changing the name to bootycoin basically makes it a new coin with new intentions. When I think of pirate, I think of arrgh, ahoy there mateys! Never heard of pirate party until it appeared in this thread. Guarantee 99+% of people think of ships, beards, parrots, cannons, rum, treasure, etc when they hear the word pirate. When I started the pool for this coin, I wasn't thinking about fat bouncing asses. Keep it about pirates please. On a side note, I do enjoy fat bouncing asses.
Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:17:32 PM

sry to infom you i am not a liar. in austria (for example) i know for a fact the word itself is trademarked. i know that because the party was discussing to give the pirate the money who bought it and take it of his hands.
look guys just because i am a pirate does not mean i am not being honest with you. if you really hear from us here the first time (what really gives me a hard time because i really ask myself is it just america or are you from some other countrys with such controlled media? sry drifting of...^^) then I really think you should listen to the insider about the stuff he knows because it could give a tactical advantage and not just dismiss it...wouldn't that be logical?

for what i care bootycoin was just a proposal we could choose whatever we want. i just also thought of it that way that hank booty already sounds like having a good concept and I think that would be something this community needs.

if you guys decide to stick with piratecoin i will not be able to stop you and i won't try but i will also not be able to stop the movement and if a global movement launches a selfprogrammed coin then i don't really see how this scrypt copy could stand up against it.
In that case I'll join bootycoin because i personally really don't see much future in this as is and will not put any effort into something i believe will not have any future,

If you are asking me the romantic dream of a scrypt copy pirate coin has proven itself usless as a concept to get people involved. (sry i really don't want to offend anybody, it's simply the way i see it and if you don't it's okay with me and i wish you much luck even though i can't see that down the road)

Support n0nplusultra.net
bitideas

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 08:10:35 PM

sry to infom you i am not a liar. in austria (for example) i know for a fact the word itself is trademarked.

if you guys decide to stick with piratecoin i will not be able to stop you and i won't try but i will also not be able to stop the movement and if a global movement launches a selfprogrammed coin then i don't really see how this scrypt copy could stand up against it.
In that case I'll join bootycoin because i personally really don't see much future in this as is and will not put any effort into something i believe will not have any future,

If you are asking me the romantic dream of a scrypt copy pirate coin has proven itself usless as a concept to get people involved...

I know you're not lying, but Trademark law in whatever country would only protect the trademark as it involves the entity claiming the trademark... if PirateCoin called itself a political party, then maybe... but doubtful it would hold up in any court anywhere under those circumstances, certainly not in the USA.

As "PirateCoin" is specifically a cryptocurrency, no trademark infringement exists on any level.

Besides, it would be pretty ironic for the Pirate Party, who advocates freely sharing intellectual property, to go after a Crypto for trademark infringement... think about it...

And as to your "pirate coin has proven itself useless as a concept to get people involved", that's because there was no marketing plan and the whole thing got sidetracked by the worry about the Pirate Party, which is seriously a non-issue that got the developer disenchanted.

The developer gave me the login info, I shared it with bobdylan and if he's not going to reflect the will of the community and keep the coin as it was intended to be, then he needs to return that information to me.

If he's not willing to, we'll just get new social media accounts.  But hopefully he'll do the right thing.

We need to get the ball rolling, and I thought that's what we were doing when I gave bobdylan the login info so that he could update the website to show the updated pool and exchange information, which he did and I thought it was all good.  Then I login the next day and find a new coin design and "mission statement" that completely deviated from anything having to do with what we've been mining/working towards.

I would like that info back, please.

Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:47:36 PM

I know you're not lying, but Trademark law in whatever country would only protect the trademark as it involves the entity claiming the trademark... if PirateCoin called itself a political party, then maybe... but doubtful it would hold up in any court anywhere under those circumstances, certainly not in the USA.

As "PirateCoin" is specifically a cryptocurrency, no trademark infringement exists on any level.

Besides, it would be pretty ironic for the Pirate Party, who advocates freely sharing intellectual property, to go after a Crypto for trademark infringement... think about it...

And as to your "pirate coin has proven itself useless as a concept to get people involved", that's because there was no marketing plan and the whole thing got sidetracked by the worry about the Pirate Party, which is seriously a non-issue that got the developer disenchanted.

The developer gave me the login info, I shared it with bobdylan and if he's not going to reflect the will of the community and keep the coin as it was intended to be, then he needs to return that information to me.

If he's not willing to, we'll just get new social media accounts.  But hopefully he'll do the right thing.

We need to get the ball rolling, and I thought that's what we were doing when I gave bobdylan the login info so that he could update the website to show the updated pool and exchange information, which he did and I thought it was all good.  Then I login the next day and find a new coin design and "mission statement" that completely deviated from anything having to do with what we've been mining/working towards.

I would like that info back, please.

sry if i miss understood you...but it looked to me you wanted to say I'm lying...

I'm no lawyer but we have one that I could ask (which could take a while) and I don't really know if trademark is the right term in english...
I really only am stating my concurns here and do not want to intimidate anyone...

and it was my impression the developer already was disenchanted and only saw his opportunity to get out whilst at least to some degree keeping his face...

i also think beside the non marketing issue a real problem for the success of this coin was that there was no pre-ann...and that is also an issue hard to overcome...( i personally think only by getting the community to do massive give aways)
also i said the romantic version of pirate coin by which i mean that you can't expect a crypto to make it's way just by talking piraty...i mean yeah it's fun kind of but as soon as you are not an native english speaking person you'll gonna have a bad time talking that way yourself even more if your english is bad (then they probably won't even understand it)...i believe there has to be more to a crypto...

and the political issue really didn't take up that much time up to now...

Support n0nplusultra.net
hankbooty

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:50:29 AM

Exactly, changing the name to bootycoin basically makes it a new coin with new intentions. When I think of pirate, I think of arrgh, ahoy there mateys! Never heard of pirate party until it appeared in this thread. Guarantee 99+% of people think of ships, beards, parrots, cannons, rum, treasure, etc when they hear the word pirate. When I started the pool for this coin, I wasn't thinking about fat bouncing asses. Keep it about pirates please. On a side note, I do enjoy fat bouncing asses.

Ahoy ya scurvy dogs! There be nothin' preventin' Bootycoin from bein' a coin that's used for anything pirate related. It's what we pirates like to call a double entendre, which is something that instantly opens up tons of possibilities. If the pirate bay had a coin would it sound better if they had "pirate bay coin" or bootycoin? A pirate's treasure is booty, period. Any self respecting pirate seeks booty, spends it, trades in it... period. Just so happens that in the last 30 years a second definition of the word has appeared which also happens to fit quite well for a crypto currency.

I have plans for distribution that will make this thing go viral because of the fun nature. People *love* double entendres, especially ones related to sex. Just like sexcoin there's nothing inherently interesting or viral about a coin so obviously named "piratecoin".

As far as fat bouncing asses and such there can be adult.bootycoin.com and just plain old bootycoin.com where it's general purpose pirate. Honestly we really don't know who would be interested in taking part. But that's part of the fun. The branding can all be tongue in cheek bootycoin with plain old pirates but you can toe the line of sex with it if you like. Just how Disney hides sexual innuendo in their films for adults that caters to kids.

Look, I'm an entrepreneur at the core and I'm looking for opportunity. I simply don't see the greater opportunity in something called piratecoin. It's stale, predictable, and doesn't lend itself to spreading. Why was doge successful? Because it was fun. Now that's just a stupid meme that will be dead in a year and people will tire of that coin. Sex never gets old and neither does pirate speak apparently.

I was contacted about possibly merging Bootycoin with the Piratecoin community and honestly I think it's a great idea. But there has to be a recognition that bootycoin is actually a superior branding for a pirate themed crypto coin or else there's really no way to move forward I guess. Please don't take this as me saying that my idea or coin is better than yours, as I said I just look at what's possible and I just don't see the mass market potential for Piratecoin for the aforementioned reasons.

Now, I put forth the offer to the Piratecoin community to join up and realize the enormous potential in the branding with this coin. I've already been in contact with adult site owners that like the idea and are looking to get involved. I've also spoken with an investment team that helps alts launch and evaluates them and they think that there's real potential for this to be the first mainstream alt coin. That said there's a ton of work to do and a community needs to be built to truly support it. I've focused on the branding part of it and reaching out to partners because simply forking litecoin, throwing it out there with a new name and no branding, is simply not interesting at all. There has to be something unique about it, and here it's all about the double entendre and sex angle. People love plausible deniability and this coin gives you that. Send a little booty to that cutie that you have your eye on. "What, it's just pirate related coin? What's the big deal?" But the subtlety of sex is there.

So I leave it up to you guys. I'm going to press on with or without you, but I'd rather have you scurvy dogs on board because you've shown the same passion for the theme and I think if you really look at the true potential and think about it you'll see what I'm talking about.

So what say ye... ya scurvy dogs? Arrrrr :-)
digitalvacuum

Activity: 78

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:07:10 AM

You put forward a convincing argument, I'll give you that.

Out of curiosity, are you a miner? Without premine bounties on offer how do you stand to gain from developing booty coin?

CTRL ALTcoin DELETE
bitideas

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 02:52:28 AM

So I leave it up to you guys. I'm going to press on with or without you, but I'd rather have you scurvy dogs on board because you've shown the same passion for the theme and I think if you really look at the true potential and think about it you'll see what I'm talking about.

So what say ye... ya scurvy dogs? Arrrrr :-)

I created a poll in the mail Alternative Cryptocurrency board, so we can vote and also to get the opinions of people who are crypt investors, but who are likely not tied to otherwise invested in the outcome

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=524408.0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: