Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:08:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIR] ---- PirateCoin | Exchange listed ---- Arrr!  (Read 47841 times)
Mortimer452

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:47:32 AM

Okay so it sounds like we need to:

1.) Change the logo back to what it was and do not have anything to do with The Pirate Party
2.) Change the Piratecoin abbreviation to ARR and get a new wallet compiled
3.) Get the new web site up and keep it up
4.) Get a blockchain explorer (if the original is still down)
5.) Decide together on how to promote and expose this coin to more people
6.) Find something good to be involved in with the coin (make it useful)

I personally do not like the idea of changing the whole name of the coin. I like Piratecoin better than Bootycoin and think it is a better choice. But I'm just one vote and the majority should rule.

I would just like to see some unity here and to get things running normally/smoothly like they were for a few weeks at least when this coin first came out. Then we can focus on getting bigger.

I agree, I think these are the best next steps.

I really don't think keeping the name PirateCoin necessarily "endangers" us in being associated with the Pirate Party political movement.  In fact, I think it's probably best we distance ourselves from them entirely - if they want their own coin, they can (and should) make it and manage it themselves using their already-established democratic process.  I, too, had never heard of it until I read about it here.  Must not be particularly popular in the U.S.

Personally, I really dislike the idea of changing to Bootycoin.  There is already a sexy-pirate-themed BootyCoin (http://www.bootycoin.com).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hankbooty

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:09:50 AM

You put forward a convincing argument, I'll give you that.

Out of curiosity, are you a miner? Without premine bounties on offer how do you stand to gain from developing booty coin?

Howdy! My background is 18 years of developing software and startups... C, Java, Ruby, Javascript, etc. I'm new to bitcoin but not new to the entire libertarian point of view and the entire notion of how fiat currency is a scam, etc. I'm a reformed gold bug of sorts. I still think that having a place to store your hard earned money should exist but alas, in this world of financial alchemy there's not a single market left that is left to true price discovery but I digress....

I've been looking at bitcoin and alt coins more seriously since December after some guys I know sold their bitcoin related company and after getting to talking it seemed that the bitcoin community held some of the same beliefs as I have. For short hand I call it the zero hedge mentality (zerohedge.com)

So to answer your question directly, no I'm not yet a miner. I have a fork of litecoin that I've rebranded to bootycoin and have that working on my laptop. As I said my focus was more on figuring out the branding and messaging to partners before the technology since the technology isn't the real differentiator here. And yes, a premine of some amount is needed in order to pull off some of the marketing plans and partnerships. At the end of the day people can cry scam all they want about pre mines and what not but as you so adeptly pointed out there needs to be an incentive to actually work on the coin, and the only thing I can see is, just like shares in a company, you set some aside that's used to compensate the team and used for marketing and business development. My time is valuable and if I'm going to spend it here it needs to be with some semblance of a promise for a reward in the future. Otherwise I'll go work on something else.

In my few months of diving into this world I've seen lots of people decide to fork litecoin, rename it, and announce it here in these forums with really no amount of branding or planning at all. Just some dudes wasting lots of time building something that nobody's gonna care about. That's why when you look at the bootycoin site you see that what's there is a landing page that's focused on the differentiation which is the branding and the focus on merchants. If you get merchants on board you'll get the miners, period. I guess you truly have no way of knowing if I'm just another scammer or not, especially as my identity is hidden here, mostly because of the nature of the coin and not wanting to attach myself to an adult focused coin (if that's how it ends up going), just yet. Once it's successful then of course I'd be more open to revealing my true identity.

Regardless I can tell you that I'm in the bay area (California), work in tech, am not hurting for money, and don't really need to do this project. I just happened to own the domain from a different failed experiment last summer and thought it'd be fun to launch a coin called bootycoin and immediately saw the potential for it to be a real thing. For you guys, and anyone that wants to be part of the community I can tell you that other than my identity I'm all about transparency. I simply can't help it given my libertarian and gold bug leanings. I'm a modern day Robin Hood of sorts that would love nothing more than to stick it to the establishment rent seekers and rejoice in justice.

My thoughts around how this currency should work is that you want a large number of coins like doge.. 69B is the first target (see what I did there?).. but with a little inflation 1-2% so as to encourage spending. There needs to be a way for everyone to easily gain access to receiving and spending the coin. So web wallets but perhaps with client side encryption like blockchain.info's wallets. A Twitter tip bot (@btybot... BTY is the symbol I picked) so that you can easily send and receive booty without being a techie. There needs to be an easy way for merchants to accept it and easily convert it to bitcoin but also with additional features that are enumerated on the site right now. I'd really like to investigate a way to make this CPU mineable so that it's accessible to everyone and open the door for javascript miners. Vertcoin seems like maybe a good coin to model for that, I dunno.

Look at the end of the day this is an experiment, like bitcoin itself really. The only way to differentiate at this point is to come up with a new technology or have a great marketing angle. There's the opportunity to do both here if we were to copy something like vertcoin and combine it with a great marketing angle like bootycoin. That's the hypothesis. Who's on board to see if that can be reality? :-)
hankbooty

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:46:59 AM

Okay so it sounds like we need to:

1.) Change the logo back to what it was and do not have anything to do with The Pirate Party
2.) Change the Piratecoin abbreviation to ARR and get a new wallet compiled
3.) Get the new web site up and keep it up
4.) Get a blockchain explorer (if the original is still down)
5.) Decide together on how to promote and expose this coin to more people
6.) Find something good to be involved in with the coin (make it useful)

I personally do not like the idea of changing the whole name of the coin. I like Piratecoin better than Bootycoin and think it is a better choice. But I'm just one vote and the majority should rule.

I would just like to see some unity here and to get things running normally/smoothly like they were for a few weeks at least when this coin first came out. Then we can focus on getting bigger.

I agree, I think these are the best next steps.

I really don't think keeping the name PirateCoin necessarily "endangers" us in being associated with the Pirate Party political movement.  In fact, I think it's probably best we distance ourselves from them entirely - if they want their own coin, they can (and should) make it and manage it themselves using their already-established democratic process.  I, too, had never heard of it until I read about it here.  Must not be particularly popular in the U.S.

Personally, I really dislike the idea of changing to Bootycoin.  There is already a sexy-pirate-themed BootyCoin (http://www.bootycoin.com).

Hey there... that's the same bootycoin that's being proposed here so no worries about the collision. :-)
bobdylan

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:20:29 AM

New logo or not please ?

adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:31:46 AM

Last 2 long posts...

I like what you are saying and you seem to be more competent in terms of getting us somewhere than anyone else here. However, it sounds as though you want to create a whole new coin... As in, from block 0 with nothing. Is that what you are saying? Otherwise, how could we go from total of 52,000,000 coins to 69B, etc...?

adam1230
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:32:33 AM

New logo or not please ?

I like it!
digitalvacuum

Activity: 78

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:59:33 AM

New logo or not please ?

I like it!

Sorry dude, clipart is not going to cut it... pun intended.

http://www.clker.com/clipart-15550.html

It's the very reason there's no pirate image on page 1 of this thread.

CTRL ALTcoin DELETE
furcoin

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:37:52 PM

I for one don't want a sexual connotation tied to the coin. I say keep it at piratecoin.
I know that this coin has a lot more priorities (like regrouping and deciding on a new direction), but it doesn't hurt to keep voting for us on mintpal @ https://www.mintpal.com/voting

lemfuture

Activity: 686

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:15:48 PM

buying monster legends gem with piratecoin  Tongue

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
bobdylan

Activity: 71

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:29:32 PM

Website www.arrcoin.com, twitter, and FB updated..
prodeo

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:13:16 AM

Where is the dev? First page have not coin picture and wallet still PTC. Why so long? It should be PIR or ARR, as you like. Just correct it!
Mike_Rotch

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:55:03 AM

Where is the dev? First page have not coin picture and wallet still PTC. Why so long? It should be PIR or ARR, as you like. Just correct it!

The original dev said he'd hand the project over to the pirate party and after that never was heard of again.
But the community wanted to continue and not give the name to the pirate party, so there is not really a dev.

The situation is a little bit confusing at the moment.

I personally think the coin should be relaunched by the pirate party international movement. (Even though I myself have got a decent amount of pirate coins that i would be willing to give up)

BTC:12axUHTuJPB2wRrHSVSdckHW118zvMjZpt 
Support n0nplusultra.net
lemfuture

Activity: 686

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:09:53 AM

The original dev said he'd hand the project over to the pirate party and after that never was heard of again.
But the community wanted to continue and not give the name to the pirate party, so there is not really a dev.

I personally think the coin should be relaunched by the pirate party international movement. (Even though I myself have got a decent amount of pirate coins that i would be willing to give up)
me too id be willing to giveup my coins for atleast half decent projects if theres any

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:34:26 AM

me too id be willing to giveup my coins for atleast half decent projects if theres any

So maybe you should also vote for renaming it to booty coin.
I think hank knows what he is doing plus he's a guy you can work with and find solutions. I believe something could be worked out for the benefit of all.

Or maybe asking to rename or not was the wrong question to ask?
(Every time I think about this coin I see Jim Carrey before my inner eye: "It's over let it go!" ^^ )

Support n0nplusultra.net
adam1230
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:06:36 PM

At this point I am for anything that can get this coin going.
Creating a whole new coin with a new block chain is stupid. It basically says to everyone that has mined it and got it on allcrypt and worked on things "screw you." I know it doesnt seem like much but a handful of people have mined and worked on this project to get it at least trading and known by a few.
So rebrand, rename, market, do whatever. But if the blockchain is being abandoned and a whole new coin is going to launch from block 0 then I'm out.
Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:07:35 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 04:15:08 PM by Mike_Rotch

At this point I am for anything that can get this coin going.
Creating a whole new coin with a new block chain is stupid. It basically says to everyone that has mined it and got it on allcrypt and worked on things "screw you." I know it doesnt seem like much but a handful of people have mined and worked on this project to get it at least trading and known by a few.
So rebrand, rename, market, do whatever. But if the blockchain is being abandoned and a whole new coin is going to launch from block 0 then I'm out.

Don't know if you noticed but allcrypt is down since a few days. They will probably take their time securing the system, at least i would do that.

And i think you worry to much, i can see your concern and i think so will everybody else but don't you think if one puts his mind to a problem that it can't be worked out?
For example:
If a hardfork was implemented and the problem would be like mentioned above that the new coin should have only 69 coins in total (don't take this for an actual value i don't know it's just an example) then it would be no problem to calculate how much everybodys coins would be worth if there were 69 instead of 25mio, it's just a percentage to calculate with and then you would see less coins in your wallet but exactly the same amount in relation to the new total supply.

or

If we would relaunch there could be a premine which you could trade you coins in for but it would come to the same end.

The thing is I think the launch of a coin is important to give everybody the same chance. This wasn't the case with this coin because it was not properly pre-announced so it will be hard getting people in. But certainly not impossible if the community would be willing to take part in giveaways and such.

Support n0nplusultra.net
adam1230
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:54:46 PM

Well if that is a possibility then lets do something and get this coin going!

However, think about this... you say "sex sells" and sure it does but look at sexcoin that has already gone this route and there is no way another sex-type coin (IMO) will match it. That being said, the current network hashrate is only 140 MH/s and the coin is selling for 500 satoshi (with the same block reward as PIR). We could have attained this with PIR by itself if we had marketing done on the coin. So unless this booty guy has a better plan than the whole sexcoin community then I doubt it is going to do us any good to make this coin all about sex and kill any hope of professional investors. Maybe I'm short-sighted here but this is just how I see it.
Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:22:01 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 05:42:54 PM by Mike_Rotch

However, think about this... you say "sex sells" and sure it does but look at sexcoin that has already gone this route and there is no way another sex-type coin (IMO) will match it. That being said, the current network hashrate is only 140 MH/s and the coin is selling for 500 satoshi (with the same block reward as PIR). We could have attained this with PIR by itself if we had marketing done on the coin. So unless this booty guy has a better plan than the whole sexcoin community then I doubt it is going to do us any good to make this coin all about sex and kill any hope of professional investors. Maybe I'm short-sighted here but this is just how I see it.

I think you could be right that you are a little short-sighted here.

Sexcoin hits you in the face for what it really is but bootycoin works more subliminal, like hank already pointed out and it has also the pirate theme in it. I think that's a great combo because you get a broader spectrum of uses for the coin and people. So i believe it's not that certain you can state sexcoin will never be matched.
Besides he said he has a marketing plan and merchants on board...what more could one ask for?

In my opinion if he really does go along with us we all would owe him big-time...

Support n0nplusultra.net
adam1230
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:47:37 PM

I think you could be right that you are a little short-sighted here.

Sexcoin hits you in the face for what it really is but bootycoin works more subliminal, like hank already pointed out and it has also the pirate theme in it. I think that's a great combo because you get a broader spectrum of uses for the coin and people. So i believe it's not that certain you can state sexcoin will never be matched.
Besides he said he has a marketing plan and merchants on board...what more could one ask for?

In my opinion if he really does go along with us we all would owe him big-time...

Well in light of this coin no longer having a dev I do not think we are going anywhere but down unless we turn this over to him then. Unfortunately that seems the only route to take that doesnt end in walking the plank here.

Anyone else agree with that?
bitideas

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 06:23:55 PM

The original dev DID NOT say he'd hand the project to the pirate party, he said he'd hand the project to the PIRATE COIN COMMUNITY.  He gave ME the login info, not the Pirate Party.

I, too, spent a lot of time mining this coin and I'm not willing to give it up.

There is a secret Facebook group created to plan a marketing strategy for this coin.  If you would like to join it, add me as a friend and I'll let you in.

http://facebook.com/leighann

Build your Bitcoin Downlines at the Bitcoin Downline Builder!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: