Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:49:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIR] ---- PirateCoin | Exchange listed ---- Arrr!  (Read 47839 times)
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:22:58 PM

New PirateCoin permanent node added:

addnode=98.174.25.28

Can you explain to me how to create a node for the network? Is it just a matter of having a machine dedicated to always being up with the wallet open and then using that IP as a node?
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aiesecliyang1

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:32:31 PM

We need to be on some exchange ?
So let's make a list
Polo
Mintpal
Crypsy
coindup
bter.
Go Go . Grin

Mortimer452

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:45:27 PM

addnode=98.174.25.28

Can you explain to me how to create a node for the network? Is it just a matter of having a machine dedicated to always being up with the wallet open and then using that IP as a node?

It's basically the same as setting up a wallet for solo-mining, except you have to setup port forwarding/NAT so your firewall is allowing incoming connections to whatever P2P port the wallet is running, and you publish your router's external IP address as the node's IP. 

Not the same as the rpcport used for mining - the p2p port is usually one number higher or lower.
Mortimer452

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:52:12 PM

We need to be on some exchange ?
So let's make a list
Polo
Mintpal
Crypsy
coindup
bter.
Go Go . Grin

Up until a few days ago I would have suggested CryptoRush - the BTC required to get to the top of their voting list is significantly lower than most other exchanges.  However, after the events transpiring there the last few days . . . no thanks.  I don't think they will be around much longer.

CoinedUp would be great, they simply pull highest voted coins from their reddit I think.

Cryptsy, Mintpal would also be fantastic but unfortunately it takes quite a bit of support (and BTC) to get listed there.

For now, I say we concentrate on Poloniex and CoinedUp, but we really should wait until I get the wallet updated to show the new symbol ARR.  I'm pretty confident I can have this ready over the weekend.
Pi_Rat

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:52:30 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2014, 04:09:18 PM by Pi_Rat

addnode=98.174.25.28

I'm wondering the same thing. I think if thats all it takes is a machine with a wallet on it that is on the correect blockchain the best way to have a dedicated node that is connected all the time is to have a Raspberry Pi machine with a wallet as a node. Rasp Pi's have a low foot print and power consumption to run a wallet. I would be up for dedicating a Rasp Pi as a node. I don't have the programming skills or the compilation skills to build a wallet or an OS for a Pi.

My other concern is people have shared 2 nodes at the moment. I have added these to my conf file and still nothing. My wallet does not sync. Have I properly created my conf file? I think I have. I was successful in creating another .conf file for another faultering coin wallet I have, but then again, I'm not a crypto wizard so I do have my doubts. I had to create my pirate.conf and I'm wondering if I named it correctly for the wallet to see the file. I created my conf file in my Appdata Piratecoin folder and deleted everything except my .dat file. Another concern of mine is the two nodes that have been shared- is there a way to verify these nodes and is there such a thing as a bad node. Can a bad node allow someone to hack my wallet, pc, or other crytpo wallets.

Along with having permanent nodes is to have enough hashing power to prevent a 51% attack. I def do not have this ability. And I don't think relying on pools is enough to prevent this.

Why change the name of the coin. Changing the name for anything other than legal reasons is rediculous. I think if the Pirate Political Party adopts the coin it would be a move in the right direction. Regardless of how altruistic the party is or isn't. The party just needs a media spin doctor to promote their cause in a positive direction.
Mortimer452

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:19:06 PM

addnode=98.174.25.28

I'm wondering the same thing. I think if thats all it takes is a machine with a wallet on it that is on the correect blockchain the best way to have a dedicated node that is connected all the time is to have a Raspberry Pi machine with a wallet as a node. Rasp Pi's have a low foot print and power consumption to run a wallet. I would be up for dedicating a Rasp Pi as a node. I don't have the programming skills or the compilation skills to build a wallet for a Pi.

My other concern is people have shared 2 nodes at the moment. I have added these to my conf file and still nothing. My wallet does not sync. Have I properly created my conf file? I think I have. I was successful in creating another .conf file for another faultering coin wallet I have, but then again, I'm not a crypto wizard so I do have my doubts. I had to create my pirate.conf and I'm wondering if I named it correctly for the wallet to see the file. I created my conf file in my Appdata Piratecoin folder and deleted everything except my .dat file. Another concern of mine is the two nodes that have been shared- is there a way to verify these nodes and is there such a thing as a bad node. Can a bad node allow someone to hack my wallet, pc, or other crytpo wallets.

Along with having permanent nodes is to have enough hashing power to prevent a 51% attack. I def do not have this ability. And I don't think relying on pools is enough to prevent this.

Why change the name of the coin. Changing the name for anything other than legal reasons is rediculous. I think if the Pirate Political Party adopts the coin it would be a move in the right direction. Regardless of how altruistic the party is or isn't. The party just needs a media spin doctor to promote their cause in a positive direction.

Sounds like you have the conf file in the proper directory (%appdata%\Piratecoin) but the file must be named PirateCoin.conf for the wallet to read it.

No worry about bad nodes being able to hack your wallet.  The only way a node can go "bad" is if there is a fork in the blockchain, and the node ends up syncing up to the wrong blockchain.  There is no possibility of other nodes being able to hack your PC, steal your coins or anything like that.

Your worries about a 51% attack are valid, until the net hashrate comes up significantly this is a real possibility.  However, it requires some specialized skills to implement, not very many people know how to successfully do this.  There's really no reason to do it unless there is significant profit to be made, and I'm pretty sure the people with those skills would probably rather spend their time elsewhere, than a coin only listed on 1 crappy exchange with about $15 per day of trading volume. Cool
Pi_Rat

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:36:53 PM

addnode=98.174.25.28

I'm wondering the same thing. I think if thats all it takes is a machine with a wallet on it that is on the correect blockchain the best way to have a dedicated node that is connected all the time is to have a Raspberry Pi machine with a wallet as a node. Rasp Pi's have a low foot print and power consumption to run a wallet. I would be up for dedicating a Rasp Pi as a node. I don't have the programming skills or the compilation skills to build a wallet for a Pi.

Sounds like you have the conf file in the proper directory (%appdata%\Piratecoin) but the file must be named PirateCoin.conf for the wallet to read it.

No worry about bad nodes being able to hack your wallet.  The only way a node can go "bad" is if there is a fork in the blockchain, and the node ends up syncing up to the wrong blockchain.  There is no possibility of other nodes being able to hack your PC, steal your coins or anything like that.

Your worries about a 51% attack are valid, until the net hashrate comes up significantly this is a real possibility.  However, it requires some specialized skills to implement, not very many people know how to successfully do this.  There's really no reason to do it unless there is significant profit to be made, and I'm pretty sure the people with those skills would probably rather spend their time elsewhere, than a coin only listed on 1 crappy exchange with about $15 per day of trading volume. Cool

Thank you. Properly renaming the file worked.  69000 blocks to GO! woohoo!
Mike_Rotch

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:56:36 PM

Why change the name of the coin. Changing the name for anything other than legal reasons is rediculous.

Like I said one really can't exclude that legal problems could occur. But I'm no lawyer and don't know if it would be a problem in some countries or even worldwide. (After all it's a global movement)

I think if the Pirate Political Party adopts the coin it would be a move in the right direction. Regardless of how altruistic the party is or isn't. The party just needs a media spin doctor to promote their cause in a positive direction.

I didn't quite get the input on the last part. Could you try being more specific?

BTC:12axUHTuJPB2wRrHSVSdckHW118zvMjZpt 
Support n0nplusultra.net
mugwampbro

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:12:21 PM

addnode=98.174.25.28

Thanks.. the 2 you posted seemed to do the trick. Riddle me this.. why do most all of the new coins coming out have this sync problem? I've got wallets/coins that don't even have a .conf and work just fine. To me it appears to be either sloppy work on the part of the devs or that they just don't know WTF their doing. COMMENTS??

Painful Truth

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:53:46 PM

has the dev still plans with this coin? seems pretty silent. Undecided
lemfuture

Activity: 686

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:26:08 PM

sshhh they still mining easy treasure  Cheesy

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:53:11 PM

addnode=98.174.25.28

Thanks.. the 2 you posted seemed to do the trick. Riddle me this.. why do most all of the new coins coming out have this sync problem? I've got wallets/coins that don't even have a .conf and work just fine. To me it appears to be either sloppy work on the part of the devs or that they just don't know WTF their doing. COMMENTS??

That's the reason I think it's unrealistic that the majority of pirate party members would vote on adopting this p2p-network (like some have proposed). Innovation is key I believe else it's just another coin copy (no offense) and holding on to that is something i don't really understand.

I think it would be best to refer you to page 29 to catch up...

Support n0nplusultra.net
ddwy758

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:57:46 PM

Currency too much !

Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:03:51 PM

Currency too much !

Copy Currency way too much !

Support n0nplusultra.net
cakir
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 12:54:01 AM

what's the short name of this coin? is it PIR or PTC as it says in the wallet?

,'#██+:                 
              ,█████████████'             
            +██████████████████           
          ;██████████████████████         
         ███████:         .███████`       
        ██████               ;█████'      
      `█████                   #████#     
      ████+                     `████+    
     ████:                        ████,   
    ████:    .#              █     ████   
   ;███+     ██             ███     ████  
   ████     ███'            ███.    '███, 
  +███     #████           ,████     ████ 
  ████     █████ .+██████: █████+    `███.
 ,███     ███████████████████████     ████
 ████     ███████████████████████'    :███
 ███:    +████████████████████████     ███`
 ███     █████████████████████████`    ███+
,███     ██████████████████████████    #███
'███    '██████████████████████████    ;███
#███    ███████████████████████████    ,███
████    ███████████████████████████.   .███
████    ███████████████████████████'   .███
+███    ███████████████████████████+   :███
:███    ███████████████████████████'   +███
 ███    ███████████████████████████.   ███#
 ███.   #██████████████████████████    ███,
 ████    █████████████████████████+   `███
 '███    '████████████████████████    ████
  ███;    ███████████████████████     ███;
  ████     #████████████████████     ████ 
   ███#     .██████████████████     `███+ 
   ████`      ;██████████████       ████  
    ████         '███████#.        ████.  
    .████                         █████   
     '████                       █████    
      #████'                    █████     
       +█████`                ██████      
        ,██████:           `███████       
          ████████#;,..:+████████.        
           ,███████████████████+          
             .███████████████;            
                `+███████#,               
Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:06:32 AM

It was PTC at the beginning then it was decided it should be PIR because PTC was already taken but the wallet never got changed even though it was at two exchanges (one down already because of lacking security and the other is not popular and i believe i heared had issues as well) as PIR and now it seems some guys from within the community are setting up social media sites on their own and want to advertise it as ARRR what also already is claimed by bootycoin (which isn't clear if the community wants to adapt this brand, there is a vote pending right now). So it's pretty confusing with all those un-consensus and persons acting on their own calling it mutany or not acting as for the wallet that hasn't got PIR in it etc...

as posted above: I think it would be best to refer you to page 29 to catch up...

Support n0nplusultra.net
MeGaDoOm

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:33:50 AM

ARR to the moon !

▄▄
  ▐████▌
  ██████
  ▐████▌
    ▀▀
█▄  ▐▌  ▄█
██  ▐▌  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██▄ ██ ▄██
 ▀▀████▀▀
   ▐██▌
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
   ▐██▌
   ▐██▌
   ▐██▌
   ████
   ████

|
                         ▄▄
                    ▄▄██████
               ▄▄███████████
          ▄▄████████████████
     ▄▄█████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████

██████████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████▀▀
█████████████████████ ▄▄███████████
████████████████████ ▐█▀  ▀████████
████████████████████ ▐█▄  ▄████████
█████████████████████ ▀▀███████████
██████████████████████▄▄
▀█████████████████████████████████▀

|

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
    █                █
    █  █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
    █                █
    █ ▄████████████▄
    █ ██████████████
    █ ██████████████
    █ ▀████████████▀
    █                █
    █ ▄▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▀▀▀▀▄ █
    █ █    █  █    █ █
    █  ▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  █
    █                █
     █              █
      █            █
       █          █
        █        █
         ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
           ▀██▀
            ▐▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:57:54 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 03:09:28 AM by Mike_Rotch

ARR to the moon !

lol then you would have to vote for bootycoin because at least in my opinion it would make us even less credible if we again use a short name already claimed and if we want this p2p network to get bigger that would not mean a good public opinion.

don't you think so too? opinions?

Support n0nplusultra.net
lemfuture

Activity: 686

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:45:47 AM

i vote for booty coin

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:45:53 PM

i vote for booty coin

did you see?  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=524408.msg5825634#msg5825634

Support n0nplusultra.net
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: