Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:26:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIR] ---- PirateCoin | Exchange listed ---- Arrr!  (Read 47839 times)
hankbooty

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:18:15 AM

Well if that is a possibility then lets do something and get this coin going!

However, think about this... you say "sex sells" and sure it does but look at sexcoin that has already gone this route and there is no way another sex-type coin (IMO) will match it. That being said, the current network hashrate is only 140 MH/s and the coin is selling for 500 satoshi (with the same block reward as PIR). We could have attained this with PIR by itself if we had marketing done on the coin. So unless this booty guy has a better plan than the whole sexcoin community then I doubt it is going to do us any good to make this coin all about sex and kill any hope of professional investors. Maybe I'm short-sighted here but this is just how I see it.

I think you could be right that you are a little short-sighted here.

Sexcoin hits you in the face for what it really is but bootycoin works more subliminal, like hank already pointed out and it has also the pirate theme in it. I think that's a great combo because you get a broader spectrum of uses for the coin and people. So i believe it's not that certain you can state sexcoin will never be matched.
Besides he said he has a marketing plan and merchants on board...what more could one ask for?

In my opinion if he really does go along with us we all would owe him big-time...

How's it goin everyone? So one correction on Mike's comment here....

"Besides he said he has a marketing plan and merchants on board...what more could one ask for? "

I do NOT currently have merchants on board but I've spoken with a couple and they're interested but want to know more. Like I said in another thread, other than my identity I'm all about full disclosure. I see that there's been a vote here and that currently the vote is in favor of a switch to BootyCoin. I've also seen some discussion about what that means, rename, reboot, etc.

Listen mates, I'm a pragmatic pirate but I see a problem with the low coin count of Piratecoin. So we can make an adjustment to the existing piratecoin code to increase it and adjust some of the existing stakeholders as necessary. The other thing that needs to happen is a pool of coin that gets set aside for promotion and developer bounties/rewards.

Look I know that the entire philosophy behind bitcoin has been equality, decentralization, etc. but the reality is that unless there's some form of leadership driving things forward things will languish. It's already hard enough to figure out what a justifiable angle is for a new alt-coin without the challenge of having little to no incentive for working on it.

The angle here is the fun double entendre with it being both a pirate currency with a sex angle. The branding has been well received and everyone has seen the potential and agreed about the tongue in cheek branding vs. something blatant like sex or pirate coin. Plausible deniability is a wonderful marketing mechanism and causes people to share in order to show how clever they can be. That's fundamentally it. If you don't believe that's a potentially valuable angle that can be used to vault this coin into popularity then you fundamentally don't believe in it and that's fine. I may be wrong, you may be right. Wouldn't be the first nor the last time I'm wrong :-)

That said, if this vote holds up and you guys want to rebrand I can put forth more details about what I see as needing to be done and am asking for help in crafting that list as well. The only way this is worth doing is if there can be the same level of enthusiasm generated for this coin as there was for doge.

So there ya have it mates... what say ye?
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ickyt2012

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:28:14 AM

I don't see the decision as to rebrand or not to rebrand.
It looks more like to rebrand or do absolutley nothing and watch as the coin dies a slow painful death.
I'm in favor of the high-risk/high-reward path over low-risk/certain death. Or in pirate terms... I'd rather fly another ship's flag than walk the plank.
I understand the sentiment and attachment to the current piratecoin, but the reality is that your coins are *not* gaining value, and currently do not provide reason for anybody to believe they will gain value.

Whatever the direction, its time to move move move

Cryptocurrency.... because hey, fiat money is just imaginary too
Mike_Rotch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:58:37 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 08:06:47 AM by Mike_Rotch

Sry if I maybe been to enthusiastic and overstated things hank but that was basically what i meant...

So the vote has an interesting outcome from my point of view.

Piratecoin: 17
Bootycoin: 18

and not to forget:

Not give a shit about the name: about 280 (visited the thread didn't vote)

Which in my opinion is the most powerful statement and I think it says:

"The name doesn't matter it's all about the marketing and the source-code..."

So I personally am still in favour of working together with hank here. His constructive motivated approach motivates me too and like I said in hanks and my email correspondence I am willing to donate some of my mined coins and contribute on every edge I can to make bootycoin a success.

BTC:12axUHTuJPB2wRrHSVSdckHW118zvMjZpt 
Support n0nplusultra.net
motd2k (OP)

Activity: 81

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:44:51 AM

Sry if I maybe been to enthusiastic and overstated things but that was basically what i meant...

and not to forget:

So I personally am still in favour of working together with hank here. His constructive motivated approach motivates me too and like I said in hanks and my email correspondence I am willing to donate some of my mined coins and contribute on every edge I can to make bootycoin a success.

The links to the new site have been updated in the first post.

For clarification to anyone that isn't 100% clear on this matter, had it not been for the involvement of Mike_Rotch, the original site, the DNS nodes, the block explorer and all the rest of it would still have been active.
motd2k (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:51:41 AM

New PirateCoin permanent node added:

addnode=98.174.25.28

Thanks.. the 2 you posted seemed to do the trick. Riddle me this.. why do most all of the new coins coming out have this sync problem? I've got wallets/coins that don't even have a .conf and work just fine. To me it appears to be either sloppy work on the part of the devs or that they just don't know WTF their doing. COMMENTS??

Most coins have this problem because the developers didnt bother to update the DNS seed nodes in the sourcecode.  You saw this problem because the piratecoin.co DNS nodes were taken offline.

If I can find an elegant way of handing over piratecoin.co to the community I will do so.  On the express condition that it's not used in any way to generate goodwill or promote the Pirate 'movement' in any way what-so-ever.  If they want a coin they can create their own, and the rest of the world will continue to not care.
Mortimer452

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:30:09 AM

addnode=98.174.25.28

Thanks.. the 2 you posted seemed to do the trick. Riddle me this.. why do most all of the new coins coming out have this sync problem? I've got wallets/coins that don't even have a .conf and work just fine. To me it appears to be either sloppy work on the part of the devs or that they just don't know WTF their doing. COMMENTS??

Most coins have this problem because the developers didnt bother to update the DNS seed nodes in the sourcecode.  You saw this problem because the piratecoin.co DNS nodes were taken offline.

If I can find an elegant way of handing over piratecoin.co to the community I will do so.  On the express condition that it's not used in any way to generate goodwill or promote the Pirate 'movement' in any way what-so-ever.  If they want a coin they can create their own, and the rest of the world will continue to not care.

Turn it over to me, then.  I do not, absolutely do not, want Piratecoin to have anything to do with this political "pirate movement" that MyCrotch keeps talking about.  Never heard about them before it was brought up here, and I care even less about it now.

I am already hosting the replacement website http://www.arrcoin.com and http://www.piratecoincrypto.com, as well as the new permanent node listed above.  It would be nice to get the original domain name back online.

Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:42:02 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 06:23:22 AM by Mike_Rotch

Sry if I maybe been to enthusiastic and overstated things but that was basically what i meant...

and not to forget:

The links to the new site have been updated in the first post.

For clarification to anyone that isn't 100% clear on this matter, had it not been for the involvement of Mike_Rotch, the original site, the DNS nodes, the block explorer and all the rest of it would still have been active.

My only request to you was to take down the pirate party logo and the ppi text, not the site/block explorer nor nodes. You simply didn't respond anymore and took down everything. I even wrote you a second pm (unanswered) after my last (unanswered) pm stating:

"hey

i saw you took down the site. do you want me to take the domain of your hands? you wanna keep your nodes running? or are you just saying: "i'm out!" "screw you guys i'm going home!" ^^

either way just let me know how you want to handle this.
but i really want to assure you if you decide to take part in anyway just say a word. Smiley

greetz"

That was on the 13th man! and now you come along and suddenly discover there is unusually much activity in your thread because of someone really looking and posting in here everyday. so you decide you want your pride back by talking bad about me?! i got news for you I'm not the one who made you lose it! people where talking bad about you long before the pirate party logo.

I don't understand what you want to blame me for now. I simply gave you a heads up that it's probably not a good idea to affiliate your p2p-network with an political movement without being a part of it and you obviously got scared and overreacted.

So welcome back! try to be a little more constructive this time!

Support n0nplusultra.net
Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:52:53 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 06:17:29 AM by Mike_Rotch

addnode=98.174.25.28

Most coins have this problem because the developers didnt bother to update the DNS seed nodes in the sourcecode.  You saw this problem because the piratecoin.co DNS nodes were taken offline.

If I can find an elegant way of handing over piratecoin.co to the community I will do so.  On the express condition that it's not used in any way to generate goodwill or promote the Pirate 'movement' in any way what-so-ever.  If they want a coin they can create their own, and the rest of the world will continue to not care.

Turn it over to me, then.  I do not, absolutely do not, want Piratecoin to have anything to do with this political "pirate movement" that MyCrotch keeps talking about.  Never heard about them before it was brought up here, and I care even less about it now.

I am already hosting the replacement website http://www.arrcoin.com and http://www.piratecoincrypto.com, as well as the new permanent node listed above.  It would be nice to get the original domain name back online.

finally somebody gets the double meaning of my alias... Grin

ohh and just to be clear I wanted to also give a heads up that a pirate party piratecoin is coming if you like it or not and it's launch will be properly pre-announced so I wish you much luck with your little project here if you want to go about it this way.

I repeatedly stated I was here from the launch and also have a bunch of coins so in my view I was acting in the best interest of all when I proposed to go with hanks ideas because it's also my best interest and I know what we would be up against if we kept sailing in this direction.

Support n0nplusultra.net
motd2k (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:54:52 AM

My only request to you was to take down the pirate party logo and the ppi text, not the site/block explorer nor nodes. You simply didn't respond anymore and took down everything. I even wrote you a second pm (unanswered) stating:

"hey

i saw you took down the site. do you want me to take the domain of your hands? you wanna keep your nodes running? or are you just saying: "i'm out!" "screw you guys i'm going home!" ^^

but i really want to assure you if you decide to take part in anyway just say a word. Smiley

greetz"

I don't understand what you want to blame me for now. I simply gave you a heads up that it's probably not a good idea to affiliate your p2p-network with an political movement without being a part of it and you obviously got scared and overreacted.

From the start this has been your take on the whole project.  That it should / should not be affiliated with a 'movement' that most people have never heard of and frankly have never cared about.

Since it was not me that chose to change the logo or the copy, I have very given very little consideration to it.  Personally I believe that any implied affiliation would be negative for the project as created.  It was conceived as a play on a pirate (as in 'arrrr', not as in 'oooh - free m0vi3z') theme which is inherently marketable - your very first comment shows how much you misunderstood this.  You're a pirateparty member.  Good for you.

Mortimer452

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:08:49 AM

addnode=98.174.25.28

finally somebody gets the double meaning of my alias... Grin

ohh and just to be clear I wanted to also give a heads up that a pirate party piratecoin is coming if you like it or not and it's launch will be properly pre-announced so I wish you much luck with your little project here if you want to go about it this way.

I repeatedly stated I was here from the launch and also have a bunch of coins so in my view I was acting in the best interest of all  when I proposed to go with hanks ideas because it's also my best interest and I know what we would be up against if we kept sailing in this direction.

Best of luck, here are some tips for helping you plan a better Pirate Party

Cool
Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:32:25 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 08:15:09 AM by Mike_Rotch

My only request to you was to take down the pirate party logo and the ppi text, not the site/block explorer nor nodes. You simply didn't respond anymore and took down everything. I even wrote you a second pm (unanswered) stating:

"hey

greetz"

From the start this has been your take on the whole project.  That it should / should not be affiliated with a 'movement' that most people have never heard of and frankly have never cared about.

Since it was not me that chose to change the logo or the copy, I have very given very little consideration to it.  Personally I believe that any implied affiliation would be negative for the project as created.  It was conceived as a play on a pirate (as in 'arrrr', not as in 'oooh - free m0vi3z') theme which is inherently marketable - your very first comment shows how much you misunderstood this.  You're a pirateparty member.  Good for you.

I'm very sorry for you if you don't inform yourself well enough before you start a crypto project that could easily be affiliated with the pirate party and guess what as soon as you turned over control to the community that was the first thing they did!
And saying: "a movement that most people have never heard of and frankly have never cared about" just underlines your ignorance further. Wanna take a quick guess for example why the guys who had the logo idea had no luck getting piratebay on board?! because one of them will be a pirate party candidate soon!!!
And if you now really think he is doing this for "free m0vi3z" then I really have to doubt your intelligence.

You clearly have no idea what our party or project is all about so I don't really see the validity of your arguments.

Support n0nplusultra.net
Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:45:52 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 07:20:09 AM by Mike_Rotch

Your business model looks like the one from the underpants gnomes in southpark:

Step 1: Create Coin

Step 2:  ? ? arr ? ?

Step 3: Profit!

Maybe you should rename it to Trollcoin (even if it's already taken because who cares right?!)! at least then people would have a good laugh reading the former thread... XD

Support n0nplusultra.net
motd2k (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:30:50 AM

Maybe you should rename it to Trollcoin (even if it's already taken because who cares right?!)! at least then people would have a good laugh reading the former thread... XD

The irony of you talking about this is hilarious on so many levels.  In short, jog on.
Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:37:39 AM

The irony of you talking about this is hilarious on so many levels.  In short, jog on.

A little self humor never killed anybody Wink

but too much can obviously kill a coin though! XD

Support n0nplusultra.net
motd2k (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:46:20 AM

The irony of you talking about this is hilarious on so many levels.  In short, jog on.

What is self humor?  When you look in the mirror and laugh? 

You've added nothing productive to this whole thread and yet you still post.  Go ahead and 'talk to your techs' (ie the people who might actually have a grasp on how any of this interwebs stuff really works), and when you've done so... do your 'PRE-ANN' which would appear to have been your gripe all along.  Just don't call it PirateCoin, because, well, that IP is mine.  Have a good launch.
Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:55:07 AM

What is self humor?  When you look in the mirror and laugh?  

You've added nothing productive to this whole thread and yet you still post.  Go ahead and 'talk to your techs' (ie the people who might actually have a grasp on how any of this interwebs stuff really works), and when you've done so... do your 'PRE-ANN' which would appear to have been your gripe all along.  Just don't call it PirateCoin, because, well, that IP is mine.  Have a good launch.

lol i have some of your shitcoins too you're forgetting that if that doesn't entitle me to post here what does? further i can't contribute to something, the posting and sometimes informing excluded, where certain people are thinking in terms of mutany (also talking about you that way) instead of cooperation and those people you give control and really believe that will lead anywhere?

Support n0nplusultra.net
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:28:28 AM

So... We up to 10,000 satoshi yet?

No?

Well then lets talk about how to get there and do it.
bobdylan

Activity: 71

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:01:05 AM

'BOUT TH' DOUBLOONS
MINING Arrrr!
http://pir.pitythepool.com/
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:06:58 PM

Guys since this coin is truly not going anywhere I say we ask Mr. Booty or whatever his name is to take it. I mean seriously, we have nothing here and no future without someone that is competent taking charge whether it is the direction we WANT or not. We HAVE to do something or we will become nothing.
Mike_Rotch

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 10:24:06 PM

Guys since this coin is truly not going anywhere I say we ask Mr. Booty or whatever his name is to take it. I mean seriously, we have nothing here and no future without someone that is competent taking charge whether it is the direction we WANT or not. We HAVE to do something or we will become nothing.

Captain Hank Booty! ^^

But seriously I think I underlined their business strategy pretty accurate so basically we're fucked....

because if I were hank I would not risk my business strategy getting compromised by a bunch of guys who...I don't know how to put it actually...it just makes me sad...

Taking time arguing with me and trying to make me look bad after bailing at first but on the other hand don't even react to serious questions of community members...wtf?!

Support n0nplusultra.net
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: