Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:55:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AAQ (Actually asked questions) for Spend Bitcoins  (Read 19942 times)
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 06:49:41 PM

Okay, I want to give this a try. So ive put a cheapo phone headset thingy in my amazon.uk shopping basket.

Items:    GBP 4.99
Postage & Packing:    GBP 2.99

Do I order a gift code for 5 or 8 pound on your site? Or can I order a bigger one and spend the amount on more than one purchase at amazon?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2012, 09:35:10 PM

Okay, I want to give this a try. So ive put a cheapo phone headset thingy in my amazon.uk shopping basket.

Items:    GBP 4.99
Postage & Packing:    GBP 2.99

Do I order a gift code for 5 or 8 pound on your site? Or can I order a bigger one and spend the amount on more than one purchase at amazon?

Most people would do 8. But if you don't have enough bitcoins you can do less, if you want to save it for more than one purchase you can do more. We're working on an extension which will automate all of this. Hopefully it's out soon!

P4man

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 09:40:15 PM

Thanks. I was unsure if you could use giftcodes to pay shipping fees or how you can use gift codes in general I suppose.

On a side note, its a bitch to find out shipping fees before selecting and confirming your paying method. IE, you cant see them until after you have entered the gift code (or selected visa/paypal..). Makes it difficult to know how big a gift certificate you have to buy on your site.

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2012, 09:47:21 PM

Thanks. I was unsure if you could use giftcodes to pay shipping fees or how you can use gift codes in general I suppose.

On a side note, its a bitch to find out shipping fees before selecting and confirming your paying method. IE, you cant see them until after you have entered the gift code (or selected visa/paypal..). Makes it difficult to know how big a gift certificate you have to buy on your site.

I know. You can use a fake credit card number to get past that screen, but it is definitely a pain. That's why we're working on an extension that will do that bit for you. I hope we can get it to work the way we want it to.

P4man

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 10:12:37 PM

Well, that went fast and painless!

I think the website could use a bit of work, as it looks more complicated than it really is, but I will be using this again!

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2012, 11:47:19 PM

Well, that went fast and painless!

I think the website could use a bit of work, as it looks more complicated than it really is, but I will be using this again!

Agreed. It's all getting a major overhaul very soon which will actually make it easier than using a credit card on Amazon! Smiley

P4man

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 09:58:46 AM

Also, out of curiosity, where is your profit coming from? Is it from amazon affiliate programs or something? I was (pleasantly) surprised to find your BTC exchange rate exactly matched that of Mt Gox, and there were no other fees or anything. I didnt pay a satoshi extra to use bitcoins.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2012, 10:46:18 AM

Also, out of curiosity, where is your profit coming from? Is it from amazon affiliate programs or something? I was (pleasantly) surprised to find your BTC exchange rate exactly matched that of Mt Gox, and there were no other fees or anything. I didnt pay a satoshi extra to use bitcoins.

Yes. Our profits come from the affiliate programs, so please make sure you start your shopping from our links at http://links.spendbitcoins.com. You can even do so when using fiat money if you want to help support us! Thanks!

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 05:09:34 AM

Hi, I'm an Australian wanting to buy bitcoins via http://au.spendbitcoins.com and I'm just wondering if I can depost the cash via internet banking and send you a screen shot of the deposit receipt?

Hi there,

Unfortunately, due to fraud to previous bitcoin exchangers who accepted internet deposits and had the deposits reversed after sending the irreversible bitcoin payments, we are unable to accept any form of deposit apart from cash over the counter at the branch.

We know this makes things more inconvenient and apologise for this, but hope you understand it is what we must do to manage our risk.

Happy spending!

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 08:34:40 AM

I ordered some bitcoins around 25 hours ago and have not received them yet.  Does it usually take a while? Whats up?

They should be in your wallet by 10pm QLD time on the day you send a scanned or photographed copy of your deposit receipt. We have one unclaimed deposit from yesterday. If that is yours, please reply to the quote email with a scanned or photographed copy of your receipt as per the directions on the website and the quote email. If you have already done so, please forward it again, as we have not received it. Thanks!

bittenbob

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 06:05:30 AM

It is encouraging to hear that you are making it easier to integrate into Amazon but I have a few questions:

1. When is the approximate timeline of this to be completed? If it is in the near future I will probably wait until it is implemented.
2. I notice that CAD is lower than USD even though the market is about the same price. CAD is currently worth less than USD in real life so would it not make more sense to sell at US price and pay a currency conversion charge (usually 2.5%)? As far as I know MTGox can do this.
3. Do you have any plans for adding newegg as a website? I will probably order from Amazon since you have the best gift card deals but usually newegg has better prices (Newegg.ca would be best for me)
4. If my order is say $250.00 and i have $215.xx in bitcoins can I put in the request for 250 and send all the bitcoins I have to make as close as possible to this amount? I say this because I will probably suppliment my order with a rebate credit card I received from OCZ and will be spending every bitcent for the card when I buy it which is very soon (Near $200 atm).
5. Would it be possible to put it a section to place orders for BTC amounts if #4 isn't possible. I know how many bitcoin I have but it might be hard to time with the market to fully complete my order in bitcoin alone.

Thank you

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2012, 11:27:06 AM

It is encouraging to hear that you are making it easier to integrate into Amazon but I have a few questions:

1. When is the approximate timeline of this to be completed? If it is in the near future I will probably wait until it is implemented.
2. I notice that CAD is lower than USD even though the market is about the same price. CAD is currently worth less than USD in real life so would it not make more sense to sell at US price and pay a currency conversion charge (usually 2.5%)? As far as I know MTGox can do this.
3. Do you have any plans for adding newegg as a website? I will probably order from Amazon since you have the best gift card deals but usually newegg has better prices (Newegg.ca would be best for me)
4. If my order is say $250.00 and i have $215.xx in bitcoins can I put in the request for 250 and send all the bitcoins I have to make as close as possible to this amount? I say this because I will probably suppliment my order with a rebate credit card I received from OCZ and will be spending every bitcent for the card when I buy it which is very soon (Near $200 atm).
5. Would it be possible to put it a section to place orders for BTC amounts if #4 isn't possible. I know how many bitcoin I have but it might be hard to time with the market to fully complete my order in bitcoin alone.

Thank you

1. It will probably be about a month.
2. We use a US credit card and charge the exchange rate that our credit card charges us for other currencies.
3. Newegg is already listed on our page at http://links.spendbitcoins.com. You must use a PayPal account to pay for Newegg purchases as Newegg does not allow us to order Newegg gift codes from our Australian IP address.
4/5. You just put in the request for the amount of bitcoins you want to send. It is pretty easy to figure out how much your bitcoins are worth. Just multiply the number of bitcoins you have by the CAD or USD rate listed on our front page (hover over the USD rate to get the CAD rate).

Hope this answers all your questions satisfactorily.

Happy spending!

FredericBastiat

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 10:53:28 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2012, 11:33:01 PM by FredericBastiat

Why does the Amazon Payments option take 5-7 days? I'm beginning to believe there really is a conspiracy by the fiat currency banking cartel to limit the uptake of bitcoin related businesses.

Don't we live in the 21st century and have computers that can move quadrillions of bits of data around the globe in an instant. Annoying.

http://payb.tc/evo or
1F7venVKJa5CLw6qehjARkXBS55DU5YT59

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2012, 10:04:23 AM

Why does the Amazon Payments option take 5-7 days? I'm beginning to believe there really is a conspiracy by the fiat currency banking cartel to limit the uptake of bitcoin related businesses.

It is usually out within 12 hours, but we put 5-7 days on the website as they will sometimes delay payment 5-7 days when we have hit certain monthly limits, so we would rather impress by being 5 days early than depress by being 7 days late.

Don't we live in the 21st century and have computers that can move quadrillions of bits of data around the globe in an instant. Annoying.

Agreed. But I guess that's why we want to replace the centralised systems with decentralised ones. Here's to the day when we can pay & be paid in bitcoin and not worry about transferring into and out of traditional currencies. Smiley

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2012, 10:00:29 AM

Does SpendBitcoins support NewEgg.ca?

Yes, we support any store that accepts PayPal plus others listed at http://links.spendbitcoins.com.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2012, 01:04:30 AM

"PayPal will charge you $0.30 + 2.9%"

has your paypal policy changed ? no more free personal transfers  Sad

i kinda saw that coming  Tongue

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2012, 01:47:07 AM

"PayPal will charge you $0.30 + 2.9%"

has your paypal policy changed ? no more free personal transfers  Sad

i kinda saw that coming  Tongue

Yeah. They keep randomly only allowing credit card (with charge) payments or echeck (takes forever) payments and then I have to get back to the customer and ask whether they want one of these two options or a bitcoin refund.

So, just to keep things consistent, I've decided to just go back to all payments being by credit card with PayPal's charge. I do apologize profusely for PayPal sucking. Smiley

davux

Activity: 288
Merit: 263

Firstbits.com/1davux

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 05:47:18 AM

Do you offer Amazon payments for addresses outside the US (Mexico in this case)?

1DavuxH9tLqU4c7zvG387aTG4mA7BcRpp2
México (Oaxaca) – France - Leeds

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 06:16:54 AM

Do you offer Amazon payments for addresses outside the US (Mexico in this case)?

I don't believe Amazon payments currently works outside the US. If it does work in Mexico, please let me know.

payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 08:38:09 AM

I don't believe Amazon payments currently works outside the US. If it does work in Mexico, please let me know.

can you let us know a bit about the new 'tool'? eg. is it portable?
can i use your new website at a public internet cafe?

does the ordering process still require an email address?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: