Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:52:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Spend Bitcoins Actually Asked Questions  (Read 4121 times)
Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 04:21:51 PM

I'm wondering if you've had any problems with the Paypal transfer service. Is it reliable? Do they lock funds randomly or flag accounts as shady or something? I plan to withdraw from the Paypal immediately once payment is received. Thanks!

Hi there,

I have only heard of locked funds three times in six months and all the people had to do to get them unlocked was provide ID to verify their paypal accounts. However I always say use PayPal with caution as we cannot accept paypal refunds if they do lock the funds because they then lock them on our end.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brobocop

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 06:40:33 AM

I'm wondering if you've had any problems with the Paypal transfer service. Is it reliable? Do they lock funds randomly or flag accounts as shady or something? I plan to withdraw from the Paypal immediately once payment is received. Thanks!

Hi there,

I have only heard of locked funds three times in six months and all the people had to do to get them unlocked was provide ID to verify their paypal accounts. However I always say use PayPal with caution as we cannot accept paypal refunds if they do lock the funds because they then lock them on our end.

Jeremy, I used your Paypal service yesterday morning, received the confirmation email in my inbox, but the funds have yet to arrive. 70.98 btc to 1JZzCQ63WHbVmcCVRKcyL1wiGWAivqKWYo. You say 8-12 hrs, so I'm wondering if there's a delay or if you missed it somehow.

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 07:26:08 AM

Hi there,

Jeremy, I used your Paypal service yesterday morning, received the confirmation email in my inbox, but the funds have yet to arrive. 70.98 btc to 1JZzCQ63WHbVmcCVRKcyL1wiGWAivqKWYo. You say 8-12 hrs, so I'm wondering if there's a delay or if you missed it somehow.

Hi there,

I'm sorry. I don't know what happened there. You only received that email because we marked the order as complete, but I just checked and did not find a payment to you. I sent it now. Sorry again for the inconvenience!

brobocop

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 08:12:07 AM

Got it, thanks!
isthisreallife

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 11:17:14 AM

Purchased BTC with AUD. Very fast service!

Thanks  Grin
hashmat

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 08:56:58 AM

Yo Jeremy,
i bought 32 bitcoins around 3pm thru westpac, but the address i gave is
different to the one i seein my bitcoin wallet under 'recieve coins'. My address
or what i thought was my address is half the size of all these addresses ive seen on this thread.
Im trying not to panic, your rep tells me, you wont rip me, but, could it have gone to someone else?
The BTC address i gave, dont know where the hell it came from, this is all so confusing to a newB, its
only around 10 characters long, as opposed to 14ZETYRwkA6RjeA73WJ5jf2HGksXChPoGh which is the address
when i look under 'recieve coins'.
I hope its not too late, everything has fucked up for me today(friday 13th too), Lord please allow one thing to
go right and let Jeremy work some magic.
going to take a xanax, and check back soon.
thanx mate,
Matt

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 04:41:39 PM

Yo Jeremy,
i bought 32 bitcoins around 3pm thru westpac, but the address i gave is
different to the one i seein my bitcoin wallet under 'recieve coins'. My address
or what i thought was my address is half the size of all these addresses ive seen on this thread.
Im trying not to panic, your rep tells me, you wont rip me, but, could it have gone to someone else?
The BTC address i gave, dont know where the hell it came from, this is all so confusing to a newB, its
only around 10 characters long, as opposed to 14ZETYRwkA6RjeA73WJ5jf2HGksXChPoGh which is the address
when i look under 'recieve coins'.
I hope its not too late, everything has fucked up for me today(friday 13th too), Lord please allow one thing to
go right and let Jeremy work some magic.
going to take a xanax, and check back soon.
thanx mate,
Matt

Hi Matt,

If it wasn't a real bitcoin address it would not let me send. Can you please forward your quote to jeremyATspendbitcoins.com and I'll look it up for you. Take a breath. All will be okay. Smiley

kpatrickwv

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 05:27:51 PM

It seems that US-based purchases are temporarily suspended [2012-07-14, 1320-hrs, EDT].
Any idea when that might change, and will you still accept MoneyPak after?

Thanks.

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 06:08:42 AM

It seems that US-based purchases are temporarily suspended [2012-07-14, 1320-hrs, EDT].
Any idea when that might change, and will you still accept MoneyPak after?

Thanks.

Hi there,

US spending of bitcoins is working fine with everything except eBay at the moment. US buying of bitcoins is suspended because we have hit Moneypak limits. We are working on other ways to exchange USD for bitcoins at the moment but don't have any set up yet. Please sign up for our email, Facebook, or twitter lists if you would like to be notified when additional options are available.

Happy spending!
Jeremy

mitbax

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 11:46:18 AM

Hi Jeremy,

Any update when will be the Amazon service will be back up?

thanks

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2012, 06:25:16 PM

Hi Jeremy,

Any update when will be the Amazon service will be back up?

thanks

Hi there,

Unfortunately no. Just waiting on Amazon Germany to confirm my ID from faxes. I'll try to contact them again today.

qt

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 05:47:15 AM

Hi,

What's the story with receiving a confirmation email after we send through the photo of a receipt. Are we to receive one.

Also, coins used to be paid within 5 hours of deposit, I believe your site says by 5pm. Is this standard now?

cheers,
parno

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 04:04:09 AM

Yo Jeremy I've got some questions:

Do you keep logs? If so do you delete them at any stage?
Would also like to know if the BTC addresses you use are deleted or even kept in logged aswill?

From what I can see you use only 1 BTC address for all sell orders which is where the generated BTC addresses initially provided forward payments to.. such practice is not really safe

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2012, 10:16:11 AM

We do have to keep logs for our own accounting records, but we do not ask for any personal information whatsoever for buy orders and bank details are the only personal details we have for sell orders. We will never give anyone access to any of our records unless required to by law, and the bank has and will deliver those exact same records if required by law.

I don't see how all bitcoin addresses forwarding to our own address is unsafe whatsoever. All it means is that the bitcoins have come to us, and we are a perfectly legal company registered and following all laws and regulations to the best of our and our legal team's knowledge. Selling bitcoins to us is perfectly legal and there is no reason I can think of that it would be unsafe for anyone to know that a particular address sold bitcoins to us.

Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3041

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 10:52:17 AM

I don't see how all bitcoin addresses forwarding to our own address is unsafe whatsoever. All it means is that the bitcoins have come to us, and we are a perfectly legal company registered and following all laws and regulations to the best of our and our legal team's knowledge. Selling bitcoins to us is perfectly legal and there is no reason I can think of that it would be unsafe for anyone to know that a particular address sold bitcoins to us.
Think harder. Suppose someone obtains bitcoins through some illegal activity (which the police find out about), they sell them to you, then the police will know that you received bitcoins from an illegal activity, and they will get a subpoena for the seller's name and bank account details. As a perfectly legal company, you will hand over this information, and the seller gets arrested. But that's not your problem, the problem is with criminals being complete morons and thinking that using bitcoins magically makes them anonymous. Hint to would-be criminals: If you obtained bitcoins illegally (or have any other reason to remain anonymous) and need to sell them in a way that can be linked to your name and bank account, use a damn mixing service ffs. Roll Eyes

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
jash

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:00:04 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2013, 04:15:58 AM by jash

Got the email confirmation that my coins will arrive, but there is nothing in the block explorer after 1 hr.. even though the email says it will be 10 minutes until the funds show up in the block explorer.

From what I can tell according to blockexplorer - the coins have NOT been sent

I haven't seen much activity in this thread.

Are there any issues using spendbitcoins recently?

All good now, I see the transaction in the block explorer...

This is a service I would definitely recommend.

scab

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:17:24 AM

Got the email confirmation that my coins will arrive, but there is nothing in the block explorer after 1 hr.. even though the email says it will be 10 minutes until the funds show up in the block explorer.

From what I can tell according to blockexplorer - the coins have NOT been sent

I haven't seen much activity in this thread.

Are there any issues using spendbitcoins recently?

All good now, I see the transaction in the block explorer...

This is a service I would definitely recommend.

Why so many scratch outs :/
jash

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 06:25:56 AM

After I raised a ticket yesterday and got my bitcoin promptly, I decided to buy more today.
Unfortunately I have had to raise another ticket, and have received nothing but a blockexplorer reference showing 0 transactions.
So I'm again hoping to get this resolved.
I have sent them the deposit receipt and I am certain the teller entered the correct reference number (I asked).

So hoping Jeremy can sort this out  Undecided
jash

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:39:03 PM

Jeremy got this sorted out for me, and I've received the coins.
Cheers!
xKore

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:29:37 PM

Hi, im new to purchasing bitcoins, but im intending on buying some via abnk deposit.

I'm just a little confused with the reference part?

In the instructions it quotes "(and ask the teller to include your reference)"

What does this exactly mean? Will the teller give me a reference number when i give the deposit slip? Please help D:::

thanks in advance
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: