Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:41:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blockparty - Revolutionizing events and ticketing with cryptocurrency  (Read 604 times)
cryptoblockparty (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 12:53:34 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2018, 01:34:15 PM by cryptoblockparty

When was the last time you had a great ticketing experience?

From unfair pricing, scalpers and fake tickets to complicated procedures at the gate, ticketing is broken.  That's about to change:

Why does the ticketing industry — $57.4 billion in the U.S. alone — need blockchain?

Anyone who attends enough live events or tries to run their own events will notice that ticketing is wrought with challenges such as bots, scalpers, fake tickets and unfair pricing. Blockchain offers the characteristics of immutability, transparency, and consensus, which can ease the pain of event goers, venues, event organizers and ticketing companies alike.

Blockchain solves the major challenges facing event ticketing:
  • Keep track of tickets from creation to redemption — Ticket transactions are recorded by a distributed network, which is a transparent auditable solution.
  • Prevent or limit ticket price hikes in secondary market — Each ticket can be created as a unique smart contract with rules dictating transfer price and revenue sharing for transfer fees.
  • Eliminate fraud — As smart contracts on the blockchain, tickets are immutable and can’t be duplicated.
  • Create demand — Creating a new cryptocurrency creates opportunities to earn native tokens as rewards for early ticket purchase, referrals, and loyalty actions.

How Blockparty Delivers

Eradicate Bots & Eliminate Fraud.

Blockparty eradicates bots by connecting each individual ticket sale to a secure digital fingerprint. Each ticket is associated with an encrypted and anonymized touch ID or facial recognition scan, and each digital transfer is recorded on the blockchain.

Enhance security and ticket accounting.

Blockparty provides security for venues, event managers and attendees by validating each attendee’s identity with two-factor authentication. Attendees unlock tickets on their mobile phones utilizing a scan a fingerprint or face at the gate, and results must match the encrypted scan linked to the ticket’s QR code.

Earn secondary revenue.

With Blockparty, ticket purchasers can legitimately and anonymously earn revenue from ticket transfers. Blockparty simplifies ticket transfer mechanisms with smart contract rules that are also applicable to artists, athletes, sports team owners, venue and event operators, season ticket holders and anyone seeking to transfer their tickets. Transfer terms are coded into the smart contract when the ticket is created.

Create real demand.

Artists and venues can use rewards and incentives, such as event-specific airdrops and at-event rewards, to sell more tickets. Customers, artists and promoters can earn BLOX tokens for actions such as inviting and referring guests, and can redeem those rewards for ticket discounts, free drinks, VIP access, artist meet-and-greets and more.

Introducing Integrated Smart Contracts

The Blockparty team has developed a revolutionary new technology — integrating ERC-20 and ERC-721 to create scalable non-fungible tickets. Since each ticket contains unique identification data as well as capabilities and restrictions (over 21, VIP, free drink, etc.), the tickets are built with non-fungible ERC-721 smart contracts. The native token of Blockparty, BLOX, uses the ERC-20 standard and functions as a reward mechanism. The Blockparty protocol ties them together to provide the first truly groundbreaking blockchain-based ticketing solution.

About the Team

Shiv Madan, CEO

Madan previously served as COO at Time Inc.’s music brand NME.com, Asia. Madan is no stranger to the live concert world, having owned and operated a 20k+ person music festival and run multiple college tours. He cut his teeth at eBay, Accenture and Lehman Brothers in banking, derivatives trading, strategy and business development.

Andy Goldstein, COO

Goldstein comes to Blockparty by way of Metal Payments, a cryptocurrency payment app where he served as COO. His career also includes a term as a sales executive at BitPay and 16 years at Visa (managing merchants) along with a stint at First Data.

Rikesh Thapa, CTO

Rikesh is an experienced blockchain engineer with a background in artificial intelligence, cryptography, cybersecurity and product development. His specialty is in building and managing robust, scalable applications from the ground up in startup environments. Thapa’s most recent accomplishment in blockchain was building, scaling and selling a decentralized energy blockchain system to a billion dollar company.

Aaron Chawla, Board Advisor

Chawla brings a rich history of connections and experience in the entertainment industry that gives Blockparty vital insight into the scope of the problem. Chawla has produced or directed operations at the Super Bowl halftime show, Coachella, Life Is Beautiful, Lollapalooza, Bonnaroo, Kanye West, Daft Punk, Kaskade, Kevin Hart, Aziz Ansari, Michael Jackson, Prince and more.

Greg Consiglio, Board Advisor

Consiglio has 25 years of experience in the entertainment and electronic music industries. After serving as executive vice president of business development at Ticketmaster, COO at SFX Entertainment and CEO at Beatport, he has developed influence in the industry and has an eye for the challenges upstarts face. He also served as a senior vice president at AOL earlier in his career.

Project Timeline

While the Blockparty protocol and mobile app have been tested in a “Private Alpha” launch mode in March 2018 in a rigorous environment at a major music festival, the Blockparty team has operated in stealth mode since its seed raise in December. Blockparty formally unveiled the company during Blockchain Week 2018 in New York, including a company presentation and live concert that was ticketed using a private version of the Blockparty protocol.  The concert featured musicians A-Trak, Playboi Carti, Topaz Jones, and James Murphy of LCD Soundsystem. Furthermore, Blockparty has announced that the mobile app and BLOX token will be utilized at Elements Lakewood Festival in Pennsylvania on Memorial Day Weekend 2018, a 3-day music festival featuring headliners Claude VonStroke and Jamie Jones. The app and web platform are designed for universal accessibility via iOS and Android platforms. Blockparty intends to roll out its product at music festivals throughout the summer 2018 festival season.

Get involved

Blockparty is the future of event ticketing. To get involved, simply register here to earn the chance to win tickets to music festivals throughout the summer of 2018.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JPelite

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:02:58 PM

I saw this and had to make an account.  Newbie here.
Very interesting, been doing some research on your guys.  I think this might be the next hidden gem?  I have not seen anything quite like this.  Especially with the transparency the block chain provides, this to me makes a lot of sense.  I see capabilities of scaling here as well.

One of the most important features to me would be the ability to prevent fraud.  I wonder how one would be able to view the above proposed.

zepherius
Copper Member

Activity: 24
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 05:36:58 PM

Hmm very interesting idea.. I read https://themerkle.com/what-is-blockparty-cryptocurrency/ . I then looked for more information on the project and I came across this thread. It seems all pretty new to me, will definitly want to stay updated regarding the project. To be honest I like this idea of incentivization the most (who doesnt lol). Are their any projections for when the ecosystem will be ready? Anyways interesting idea and hopefully you ll keep us all posted Smiley

zepherius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 05:50:21 PM

I saw this and had to make an account.  Newbie here.
Very interesting, been doing some research on your guys.  I think this might be the next hidden gem?  I have not seen anything quite like this.  Especially with the transparency the block chain provides, this to me makes a lot of sense.  I see capabilities of scaling here as well.

One of the most important features to me would be the ability to prevent fraud.  I wonder how one would be able to view the above proposed.

How did you find blockparty? You are right it seems a bit like a hidden gem lol.. I m wondering the same, what do you think?

Cryptoman227

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:23:34 PM

Interesting, when can we expect more information or dates?
havin_a_daydream

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:14:08 AM

hey guys I just ran across this whole looking for more information on this project. I remember back in the day and going to concerts late so the scalpers would sell cheap just not to have the loss, but today with counterfeit tickets and scams getting better, this is needed !! I did judst see this posted for those interested so I thought i would share:

https://medium.com/@goblockparty/music-festivals-are-fertile-breeding-ground-for-blockchain-b8ef1803deab
zepherius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 12:26:15 PM

Counterfeit tickets does that actually happen? Thats pretty bad..

Thank you for the medium article, will definitly read it!

Cryptoman227

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 01:03:51 PM

Have you all seen this telegram group already? Its not that big yet but has some interesting discussions.
https://t.me/BlockpartyCommunity
cryptoinveste

Activity: 293

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 06:31:05 PM

Wow, I can't believe such a great project going to launch. According me the most wanted feature is to enter the gate by unlocking own ticket using your app that fully encrypts and anonymizes your digital identity from your phone's in-built facial recognition or fingerprint scanning technology. I am sure this will bring a revolution for ticketing system. That's great. Thank you the whole team behind the BLOCKPARTY Project!
Cryptoman227

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:10:27 PM

Wow, I can't believe such a great project going to launch. According me the most wanted feature is to enter the gate by unlocking own ticket using your app that fully encrypts and anonymizes your digital identity from your phone's in-built facial recognition or fingerprint scanning technology. I am sure this will bring a revolution for ticketing system. That's great. Thank you the whole team behind the BLOCKPARTY Project!

Wait so you mean to say the ticket might be annonymous towards the vendor and the place where the ticket is used? And only has the real data in the application?
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:21:45 PM

Wow! Blockparty could really be that hidden gem I was looking for. Cheesy
While surfing your site and looking for additional information, I wonder if you are planning an ICO and bounty campaign?

zepherius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 07:24:49 PM

+1 would definitly be interested in that Cheesy would love to get some tokena!

B3rNiko

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:28:32 PM

I don't think that such projects have chances in ICOs at the moment. You shouldn't hope for any donations...
zepherius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 07:37:11 PM

I don't think that such projects have chances in ICOs at the moment. You shouldn't hope for any donations...

Oh why is that? Why do you think that, I would love to get some tokens somehow. Seems like a very interesting project

barshabray

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:07:24 AM

I was just looking on this project and realized that this project will solve some major problems in ticketing system at the time of attending any party/event. This will make fully transparency with blockchain technology. Many people will get help by this project real time like tracking, no fraud etc., I like this project so much.
LoveCryptoAll

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:48:33 PM

Interestingly presented project. I would like to get acquainted with more detailed technical information. Also, we are waiting for the presentation of the team.
FJan

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:58:35 PM

A unique project with very realistic goals and I believe that this can be achieved in the near future. Kudos!
lordaquila91

Activity: 97
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:23:50 PM

I just came across this project. Looks like a solid solution for a very big problem. Don't know how I didn't hear about this earlier. I want to get some tokens but don't know where. Does anyone know where they are traded?
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:34:43 PM

A unique project with very realistic goals and I believe that this can be achieved in the near future. Kudos!

Someone had this idea already but I don't know if they are successful or not. Addressing the long time issues in the ticketing industry is great as there will be more beneficiaries of this system. Less money for those corrupt ones in this industry.
georgedicdiquin

Activity: 75

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 11:36:10 AM

I feel Blockparty would be more successful than crypto.tickets. They might have the same platform but the marketing of Blockparty and the development of their mobile app will be the gamechanger. With advanced facial recognition, encryption and fingerprint verification, only the tickets true owner will have access. These are the key feature which will be a cut above the rest.

Know more about blockparty: https://coinjournal.net/blockparty-bring-blockchain-to-even-ticketing-transforming-global-live-event-industry/amp/
LoveCryptoAll

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:18:14 PM

"The creation of a new crypto currency creates opportunities for obtaining their own tokens as rewards for early purchase of tickets, referrals and loyalty actions." And about what tickets and referrals are we talking about?
Vitamin_52

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:39:49 AM

https://support.cryptopia.co.nz/csm?id=kb_article&sys_id=be149934db135b4084ed147a3a9619a1
Blockparty (BOXX) will be available on Cryptopia for trading at 3:00 AM (UTC) on 13/07/2018. The following trade pairs will be available – BOXX/BTC, BOXX/LTC & BOXX/DOGE. You can start depositing and withdrawing BOXX immediately.
jan cok

Activity: 281
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 04:53:14 AM

I think this project is good, and have interesting ideas and make it easier for many people when want to travel by plane with ease, I hope this project is much in demand and liked by many people, success.

bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:02:38 AM

https://support.cryptopia.co.nz/csm?id=kb_article&sys_id=be149934db135b4084ed147a3a9619a1
Blockparty (BOXX) will be available on Cryptopia for trading at 3:00 AM (UTC) on 13/07/2018. The following trade pairs will be available – BOXX/BTC, BOXX/LTC & BOXX/DOGE. You can start depositing and withdrawing BOXX immediately.

Yep, BOXX is now trading on cryptopia but still needs more volume to get other traders and investors to notice it.
Btw it is cheaper to get BOXX on bancor.network Wink

bellaobella

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 07:48:31 AM

This coin has been listed on @Coinmarketdaddy (CMD). For all the trading information, total Supply, current price,  1 hour change, 24 hour change, 7 days change,  historical data , graph, calculator, convertor, reviews, statistics, and comments check out CMD twitter page @Coinmarketdaddy (CMD) and visit

BOXX Market & Trading Data

Market Cap    $ 6.82M   
Current Supply    22,601,116   
Volume (24h)    $ 5.99M   
Total Supply    90,000,000
Price %(1h)    3.50%
Price %(24h)    94.85%
Price %(7d)          66.21%

https://coinmarketdaddy.com/currencies/token/boxx-token-[blockparty]/boxx/
Divine Bitch Diana

Activity: 96

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 10:07:54 AM

Any Discord?
Leftneck

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 11:04:09 AM

good project and carries the concept that can be an attraction by investors.
I monitored the progress of the project and the progress experienced was very good, quickly developed well.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
tranquilitor

Activity: 46

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 08:36:44 PM

BOXX listed on coinexchange!
Trade here: https://www.coinexchange.io/market/BOXX/BTC
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 01:56:07 PM

Green candle on boxx Cheesy
KawaBunGa

Activity: 437
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 04:09:44 AM

Looks like Bittrex delisted BOXX. Any other news or announcements from the devs or is this coin just dead like many others that came before it?
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 01:26:04 PM

Wow, that is amazing please just don`t leave this idea. I adore buying tickets online. If there was no such services I would live the most boring live ever. Then I`ve got a three time I just check fo tickets online to plan my weekends. If this services would be more useful and better with the help of blockchain it would be nice. last night I was at a show which I also found at such type of the site. The show was a hip-hop dancing show of 5 guys  Jabbawockeez https://exclusivetickets.net/cheap-jabbawockeez-tickets-las-vegas/. I really enjoyed the show.

This is the reason why the ticketing industry really needs blockchain technology. There were actually few projects that explored this area, however, I haven't encountered their thread anymore. So that means, they are not successful in implementing their mission to this industry. There are so many loopholes in ticketing division, and sometimes there are agents that are taking advantage of the situation, selling tickets at a very expensive rate. So this is where this kind of platform should get in.

Looks like Bittrex delisted BOXX. Any other news or announcements from the devs or is this coin just dead like many others that came before it?

I sincerely wish that they are only in the background doing their developments. And not abandon this good project.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: