Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:07:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 [494] 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055610 times)
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:34:44 PM

Blake256      Kiss

Not a fan of blake,  unless it wasent put on that merged mining pool, and nothing could stop that from happening anyways if implemented. Lots of shady stuff from that core group.

Such as?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoLTD

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:36:47 PM

Blake256      Kiss
Do you have any details or info on BLake? We know it was a Sha finalist and it is merged mined with a few coins. But what about hardware performance for GPUS?

The best person to ask about it is Bryce Weiner as he helped to develop Dirac.

Why, he admitadly just creates coins for absolutely no reason, comes up with some mumbo-jumbo tin foil hat crap to hope it catches interest, but never does a single usefull thing for any of the coins he makes, he's as pure as a pump/dump coin artist as one could possibly be. You want one of the algos to get locked in stone like that instantly? I guess there would be 4 others to choose from.
DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:38:20 PM

Scrypt, N Scrypt (cant have n-factor schedule built in, or just set in stone) , Grostl

Im all for any GPU algo that actually uses a GPU's abilities, IE creates heat. I have personal beliefs that the x11/x12 x/w/e  have mining software that actually DOES use a gpu's abilities that the masses are un aware of.
+1 We agree. We will most likely not do x11, x13 etc.
Glad to hear that you will be rather implenting groestl than these xShits, you've got my full atention once it will be done again Wink
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 07:39:13 PM

Scrypt, N Scrypt (cant have n-factor schedule built in, or just set in stone) , Grostl

Im all for any GPU algo that actually uses a GPU's abilities, IE creates heat. I have personal beliefs that the x11/x12 x/w/e  have mining software that actually DOES use a gpu's abilities that the masses are un aware of.
+1 We agree. We will most likely not do x11, x13 etc.
Glad to hear that you will be rather implenting groestl than these xShits, you've got my full atention once it will be done again Wink
Great to hear Dub! We appreciate the support!

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 07:40:35 PM

Blake256      Kiss
Do you have any details or info on BLake? We know it was a Sha finalist and it is merged mined with a few coins. But what about hardware performance for GPUS?

Why, he admitadly just creates coins for absolutely no reason, comes up with some mumbo-jumbo tin foil hat crap to hope it catches interest, but never does a single usefull thing for any of the coins he makes, he's as pure as a pump/dump coin artist as one could possibly be. You want one of the algos to get locked in stone like that instantly? I guess there would be 4 others to choose from.
At this point we have not seen any technical data suggesting Blake would outperform Skein. Skein is very good for GPU mining right now and very few others have used it which makes it better for long term mine-ability for GPUs.

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:48:29 PM

I agree with the 1st 3.  If you use the Groestlcoin (rather than Myriad) implementation of Groestl that would allow merged mining with GRS.  I think crypto-note mining like Monero/Quazar might be more suitable than cubit for CPU miners (GPU mining is available but worse than similarly priced CPUs).  Blake 256 would be a nice addition for merged mining with Dirac/Electron/Blake.
Or primary goal is to allow for efficient GPU decentralized mining well into the future. Grostle seems to be the best candidate for this at the moment. But we want to implement two other energy efficient algos for GPU as well.

That way if more ASICs for more algos come in the future (which they will) we still have two other GPU friendly algos heading into the future.

As far as I know Blake 256 is supposed to be more efficient than Scrypt - although in these cirumstances "efficiency" and what it refers to is debatable.  It does give significantly higher hash-rates than Scrypt but then it is a different calculation.  The GPU miner software for Blake is able to utilise most of the GPU's hashing power (unlike current X11/Groestl) miners so although you get more hashing power than Scrypt you also get similar amounts of heat.  It should be noted algorithms can't alter the energy efficiency of a CPU or GPU - they can only change the amount/how the hardware is used.  For example very memory intensive algorithms slow down the rate of computation (since RAM is significantly slower than Processors and generally scarce) thus generating less heat (assuming I understand it correctly).  If the processors in the GPU are being used less and work is spending more time sitting on GPU and system RAM then less energy will be used - however under these circumstances the energy efficiency for the GPU may actually be lower (as is often the case with many electronic devices).
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:50:04 PM

Blake256      Kiss

Most altcoins have no purpose until they actually get one.  The rest is just BS.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:54:38 PM

Blake256      Kiss

At this point we have not seen any technical data suggesting Blake would outperform Skein. Skein is very good for GPU mining right now and very few others have used it which makes it better for long term mine-ability for GPUs.

I'm personally a big fan of Skein.  The main reason I'm putting forward Blake is due to the opportunity to merge mine DGB with Blake coins, another good algo is Heavy (from Heavycoin)/Hefty(the specific implementation for Mjollnir) - which are even more cool running for Summer than Groestl.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 07:58:28 PM

Blake256      Kiss

I'm personally a big fan of Skein.  The main reason I'm putting forward Blake is due to the opportunity to merge mine DGB with Blake coins, another good algo is Heavy (from Heavycoin)/Hefty(the specific implementation for Mjollnir) - which are even more cool running for Summer than Groestl.
We may stick with Skein as it would be the easiest to move forward with.

CryptoLTD

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:00:44 PM

Blake256      Kiss

Summer dosent last forever, any miner that complains about heat and switches to a coin just cause of that reason alone is only interested in one thing & not a positive for network support year round. I bought my GPU to work, not get coddled , its a tool, anyone 'selling' me the idea of using it in a less than optimal and less than maximum potential, has other motives.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:15:02 PM

Blake256      Kiss

Summer dosent last forever, any miner that complains about heat and switches to a coin just cause of that reason alone is only interested in one thing & not a positive for network support year round. I bought my GPU to work, not get coddled , its a tool, anyone 'selling' me the idea of using it in a less than optimal and less than maximum potential, has other motives.

I would be suspect of anyone who doesn't care about the heat.  We need more people mining at home rather than large hash farms.  Sorry if that hurts your feelings but it's better for the coin.
CryptoLTD

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:31:03 PM

Blake256      Kiss

I would be suspect of anyone who doesn't care about the heat.  We need more people mining at home rather than large hash farms.  Sorry if that hurts your feelings but it's better for the coin.

I buy a hammer to hit nails hard, I buy a socket & extender bar to horse down on, or break free bolts, I buy a saw to cut, I bought my GPU to work aswell. If heat is a deciding factor as to mining a coin with a GPU, you have the wrong tool for the job. Wrong tools for the job, dont get the job done. Not getting the job done would be equally bad for a coin. Sorry if reality hurts your feelings. The multi-algo approach gives those whom want to mine with their GPU's like myself the option to work hard, or not to. As far as huge hash farms, theres nothing wrong with them what so ever. Its the equal distribution of the large hash thats the potential problem. And if you think for one moment 'people @ home' dont have huge farms , your highly mistaken. Not that its the norm, its not.. however their not 'uncommon'.

ycagel

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:43:57 PM

Jared,
 What about Quark? Seems to have a huge following and one of the most secure coins from my understand. Might drive in another huge community following if we integrate. I of course am no expert and could not speak of all the strengths/benefits.

YC

Multi-Algo testing is moving forward for #DigiByte. What is your favorite GPU mining algorithm right now & why? We want to explore several options while we have the opportunity right now.

Right now these are the algos we are leaning toward:

Edit: Multi-algo mining means DigiByte distribution will be split and weighted equally among 5 different mining algos. Each algo will have its own difficulty. This essentially puts SHA ASICs on an equally playing field with GPUs, Scrypts ASICs and to a limited degree CPU miners.

Algos that will be implemented for sure:
Algo #1: Scrypt (We started here, and embrace Scrypt ASICS here as a market to tap into)
Algo #2: Sha256 (Huge existing Bitcoin mining infrastructure to tap into)
Algo #3: Grostl: Outperforms x11 with lower temps, and higher hash. Most GPU friendly.

Open for Change:
Algo #4: Qubit: Best CPU algo, still GPU mine-able. 3:1 ratio to CPU for performance. Would allow new people with CPU only mining to get some coins.
Algo #4: Skein, Keccack, Blake, Quark... we are undecided here

Also, we are happy to announce multi-algo mining will dramatically reduce the chance of a 51% attack on the network. As well as making mining much more fair for everyone. To conduct a 51% attack an attacker would need control of 3 of the 5 algos.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 09:01:00 PM

Jared,
 What about Quark? Seems to have a huge following and one of the most secure coins from my understand. Might drive in another huge community following if we integrate. I of course am no expert and could not speak of all the strengths/benefits.

YC

Multi-Algo testing is moving forward for #DigiByte. What is your favorite GPU mining algorithm right now & why? We want to explore several options while we have the opportunity right now.

Edit: Multi-algo mining means DigiByte distribution will be split and weighted equally among 5 different mining algos. Each algo will have its own difficulty. This essentially puts SHA ASICs on an equally playing field with GPUs, Scrypts ASICs and to a limited degree CPU miners.

Algo #1: Scrypt (We started here, and embrace Scrypt ASICS here as a market to tap into)
Algo #3: Grostl: Outperforms x11 with lower temps, and higher hash. Most GPU friendly.

Open for Change:
Algo #4: Qubit: Best CPU algo, still GPU mine-able. 3:1 ratio to CPU for performance. Would allow new people with CPU only mining to get some coins.

Also, we are happy to announce multi-algo mining will dramatically reduce the chance of a 51% attack on the network. As well as making mining much more fair for everyone. To conduct a 51% attack an attacker would need control of 3 of the 5 algos.
YC,
Great idea. We will do some more research on quark as well. We know they had an issue with botnets to begin with but last we heard they had some updated mining software.

ycagel

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:26:01 PM

Jared,
 Might be worth posting on their Reddit / BTC thread and asking them about your concerns. This could be a soft way to market to them. Smiley

YC

Jared,

YC

Open for Change:

YC,
Great idea. We will do some more research on quark as well. We know they had an issue with botnets to begin with but last we heard they had some updated mining software.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:32:07 PM

I read somewhere about an idea that was about implementing an algorithm that required (or took good use of) instruction sets of modern cpu's to run properly, which could then be hard to optimize for gpus and asics. Dunno if that would be doable or a good idea at all though.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:19:04 PM

Blake256      Kiss

I would be suspect of anyone who doesn't care about the heat.  We need more people mining at home rather than large hash farms.  Sorry if that hurts your feelings but it's better for the coin.

I buy a hammer to hit nails hard, I buy a socket & extender bar to horse down on, or break free bolts, I buy a saw to cut, I bought my GPU to work aswell. If heat is a deciding factor as to mining a coin with a GPU, you have the wrong tool for the job. Wrong tools for the job, dont get the job done. Not getting the job done would be equally bad for a coin. Sorry if reality hurts your feelings. The multi-algo approach gives those whom want to mine with their GPU's like myself the option to work hard, or not to. As far as huge hash farms, theres nothing wrong with them what so ever. Its the equal distribution of the large hash thats the potential problem. And if you think for one moment 'people @ home' dont have huge farms , your highly mistaken. Not that its the norm, its not.. however their not 'uncommon'.

Wow you must be a real man - do you bash yourself to sleep too? LMFAO
CryptoLTD

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:22:20 PM

Whats your issue 'soul eater'? Upset that some one dosent agree with you? Thats life, just like people wont agree with me. What kind of degenerate are you? Want 'emotions'..ok lemme eat dinner 1st..and Ill bite the hook of your e-fight for e-rep points that your clearly looking for.
Moxymore

Activity: 159

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:38:45 PM

I have a question related to this "new multi-algo" system : you said that each algo will have it's own difficulty. Ok, I understand this. But what can happened if, one day, one algo is lacking of hashpower (like few days ago with our scrypt algo on DGB)? This will create some problems in the blockchain, isn't it?

♥ Digibyte ♥ "THE" Digital currency of the future ♥
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:59:18 PM

Whats your issue 'soul eater'? Upset that some one dosent agree with you? Thats life, just like people wont agree with me. What kind of degenerate are you? Want 'emotions'..ok lemme eat dinner 1st..and Ill bite the hook of your e-fight for e-rep points that your clearly looking for.

You're the one who said that being concerned about heat was "suspicious".  It's OK I really believe you're a big man who bashes tools together because it's so tough.  Overcompensating for something or what?
Pages: « 1 ... 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 [494] 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: