Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:05:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Bounty Hunters Sell Immediately they receive reward?  (Read 6380 times)
Linggis

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 07:16:18 AM

In my opinion, they sell coins from the Bounty because they want to get money immediately.
I know that coin prices may not be as stable as their value, and while there is an opportunity to sell coins, they sell their coins to get money that is higher in value.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Donnie_28

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:17:39 AM

I think because the token give them a good profit and sometimes they need money for a good purpose. For me, I would hold on it for a long time if I think it is good.

Quarantine34

Activity: 304
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:29:40 AM

Many ICOs have realized that Bounty hunters always sell their coins immediately they give it out to their wallets especially when they are on exchanges. What are the reasons why they sell it out and what should bounty hunters do when they are given the tokens.

They sell it immediately because the ICO is not so successful meaning once the token is listed in an exchange the value will get dump or they sell it immediately because they need money.
mahvia
Copper Member

Activity: 226

who am I to judge. I only flame

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:47:29 AM

Everyone do it for only one reason. Profit. And only way to ensure it is to sell it straight away. Because most projects lose much of its value after coming to open market.
Only solution i see here is to put timelock on the distributed tokens and it is tokens creators issue if they want that. (they might not want this because it gives some turnover and some consider it also important)
daladno12

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:55:03 AM

In order to avoid selling bounty tokens immediately when the token is listed on exchnage, the project must allow all hunters who need 'cash' (ETH or BTC) to sell their bounty stake to early investors who want to get tokens with great discount (by buying stakes). There is a solution on the market already: https://medium.com/@TokPie/how-to-get-eth-for-your-bounty-stakes-6a1bf92b0159

So, bounty tokens will be in hands of investors who would not want to sell for cents the tokens which they get NOT FOR FREE from hunters (opposite to hunters who get tokens for free)
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:16:17 AM

As far as I know, most of them sell because it is the only income they are getting and they need the money to spend. Some sell because they dont trust the project but more than 25% hold until they see some good pumps.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Ividanik
Copper Member

Activity: 205
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 09:39:13 AM

That’s because many bounty hunters are new and don't have money. They can't hold long, they need at least some money back immediately so they will sell for any price.
houjinglong

Activity: 335

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 09:42:48 AM

Many ICOs have realized that Bounty hunters always sell their coins immediately they give it out to their wallets especially when they are on exchanges. What are the reasons why they sell it out and what should bounty hunters do when they are given the tokens.
The reason for this is obvious,Selling coins is definitely for making money, or in exchange for ETH. Maybe the hunter feels more secure when switching to ETH.

rltim555

Activity: 451

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 09:45:19 AM

I can tell you my reason to do that. The reason is that it is crowd behaviour.
I know that other participants will sell their tokens and I just want to become the first who sell for higher price,that's it!
xandebnu

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

Infleum

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 09:45:35 AM

I don't think it's because bounty hunters don't have money  Cheesy My logic is this: it is better to sell your tokens right now and transfer them to another asset that will show growth with greater probability than bounty tokens. After all, based on my experience, most bounty tokens only fall in price with time, if this is not the moment of the general pump.

AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 09:47:31 AM

The reason for this is obvious,Selling coins is definitely for making money, or in exchange for ETH. Maybe the hunter feels more secure when switching to ETH.

I don't believe that most of them hold at least one coin, like ETH. Let's face it: even those who earn with crypto still prefer fiat, so they feel absolutely secure switching into their local currency, neither ETH, nor even BTC.

And this may be also a good strategy. Check this article by an experienced hunter: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4772679.msg43103509#msg43103509

CircularLoGic

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 10:40:19 AM

I think most of them just need money and they sell their bounty rewards right after exchange listing, some of them just prefer to hold their funds in bitcoin or other reliable cryptocurrency. Recently I've noticed that more and more ICOs are trying to lock up the bounty tokens, but this won't save them from crashing because the main reason is a downtrend, not bounty hunters.

lKSLMNSLKnkndlksnkJ

Activity: 770
Merit: 9

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 08:10:52 PM

The idea behind crypto is to spread the wealth far and wide to as many people as possible.  With fiat dollars, it's the complete opposite; that system concentrates the wealth into the hands of the few, leaving the masses impoverished.

A couple things:
1.) The Federal Reserve has caused common people to think that fighting for the crumbs that fall off rich people's tables is normal.  The entire population of the earth, except for the wealthy families, is yield starved after so many generations of this crap.
2.)  To little Johnny in some third world country, cryptos represent generational wealth.  To have the opportunity to seize a piece of the pie for the first time in their family's history is just too great an opportunity to pass up.
3.)  People get over-extended into crypto and the losses affect their regular lives, this sometimes starts a bad feedback loop where the person will sell anything they get their hands on as soon as possible.

If you are an experienced bounty hunter, along the journey towards performing the tasks and ultimately getting paid you get a distinct feeling in your heart, and you instinctively know at that point whether the project has a good chance to succeed or not if you hold long term.  You should trust this opinion emanating from inside you and heed it.  The projects you feel strongly about, try to hold for 5 years.  For the others, maintain a watch over them and be ready to sell when the project starts to go south.

Best of luck everyone!

BEP-20  0x10f3Eb215Ee55f1B92c89420498aB832c53caBB9
ERC-20  0xFE4047353129ce0747632db8aFcfC2584391D824
Ubrfeh

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 08:14:05 PM

Well, now of course few people sell in such a market , as it was six months ago , the price of course was very high on Ethereum and the price was kept on tokens still well .
DamilolaB

Activity: 313

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 08:27:16 PM

There is no doubt that most bounty hunter are weak hands but those who are well experienced would not just sell tokens anyhow. Proper research would have been carried out to find out the potential of the tokens you are holding. Mind you, experienced hunter also sell if they know that the token has no future.
swetka

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 08:33:25 PM

There is no doubt that most bounty hunter are weak hands but those who are well experienced would not just sell tokens anyhow. Proper research would have been carried out to find out the potential of the tokens you are holding. Mind you, experienced hunter also sell if they know that the token has no future.
in fact, most Bounty Hunters try to get rid of coins immediately, which in their opinion will not have good prospects. of course, this situation is aggravated precisely today, when the market is in a very bad condition.
Mila52

Activity: 1022
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 08:52:57 PM

So many reasons behind this but the bottom line is that most bounty hunters don't believe in the project of such coin and also they don't believe in the team behind it. I think the best thing to be done by the team behind new projects is to reward bounty hunters with existing coin so as to protect their investors
For most bounty hunters, this is just an additional income. It's no secret that after ICO the price of the token falls almost 10 times. As a rule, most of the projects after ICO disappear, the team stops working on the project. I usually just sell a part of the coins if their price is good.
Grenin2

Activity: 77

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 08:59:45 PM

If it is a good one with good features, you can hold it till the price is higher and if not, they decide to sell our some also sell if they have financial need that needs to be attended to urgently and some sell to buy another stable coin.
bangjoe

Activity: 1400
Merit: 674

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 09:23:09 PM

In my opinion, they sell coins from the Bounty because they want to get money immediately.
I know that coin prices may not be as stable as their value, and while there is an opportunity to sell coins, they sell their coins to get money that is higher in value.
Yes, because not everyone already has money and is able to hold the coins they have, especially for paid hunters who are actually people who work on a project, unlike investors who basically have a lot of money so it's no wonder there are a lot of prize hunters who are in a hurry to sell their coins even though the coin has a chance to have a higher price

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Luckyji

Activity: 166
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:19:03 PM

There could be many reason for that it might be due to financial problem that will a bounty hunter sell the coin immediately he received it some may change  to BTC or ETH there are some of the reason some hunter do not hold their coin if they received it.
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »
  Print  

Jump to: