Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:02:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: pending  (Read 10332 times)
htspringer

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 03:46:13 PM

Here is a little guidance on price.....

A redeemed 1000 BTC bar sold for $8600, at the moment somewhere around 10 BTC. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Casascius-2011-Gold-Plated-Bitcoin-Bar-1000-BTC-Redeemed-/171207044206?pt=US_World_Coins&hash=item27dcbc2c6e

Thanks for the information.
That is still much higher than I expected for a redeemed token.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1241

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 06:31:23 AM

Here is a little guidance on price.....

A redeemed 1000 BTC bar sold for $8600, at the moment somewhere around 10 BTC. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Casascius-2011-Gold-Plated-Bitcoin-Bar-1000-BTC-Redeemed-/171207044206?pt=US_World_Coins&hash=item27dcbc2c6e

Thanks for the information.
That is still much higher than I expected for a redeemed token.

Thank you very much Littleshop! If you have a dogecoin wallet I would sure tip you Cheesy

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
steelboy

Activity: 756
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:14:47 AM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171207044206

Not as rare but still a decent price. Based on this (remember this was auctioned for charity so would make a higher price), i would say the 500 redeemed is maybe worth 10k. 1100BTC (or anything close to it), is insane

Looks like you must have missed it when I linked to it. Wink
BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 08:40:36 AM

Not as rare but still a decent price. Based on this (remember this was auctioned for charity so would make a higher price), i would say the 500 redeemed is maybe worth 10k. 1100BTC (or anything close to it), is insane

Rofl my bad! Same goes to you Wink

Thank you very much.  I am totally stoked to have a opportunity to broker a couple of these coins.

Trying to work out how best to deliver the coin and honestly I'm kind of drawing a bit of a blank.  Is there any members that are very trusted who would be interested in insuring the value of the BTC bar during transportation?  This can totally be through JohnK.

Here is what I am worried about:

If buyer A escrows the money with escrow agent B and seller C issues the bar to myself.  I get on my Delta flight and the fucking plane crashes with the bar and I on it.  I am worried about how the escrow agent would handle this....  I am going to call Lloyds of London (www.lloyds.com) as soon as I can, but I figured I would ask here first. I'm sure there are a million different bull shit regulations that has to do with this and I am not interested in reading it Smiley

Thanks guys Smiley

Edit:
Best thought I have had is to get a life insurance plan naming the seller the beneficiary... but I really would rather pay someone some BTC on a successful trip rather than fucking get poked with a needle! (But I will if need be I guess)  

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
steelboy

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:43:12 AM

Thank you very much.  I am totally stoked to have a opportunity to broker a couple of these coins.

Trying to work out how best to deliver the coin and honestly I'm kind of drawing a bit of a blank.  Is there any members that are very trusted who would be interested in insuring the value of the BTC bar during transportation?  This can totally be through JohnK.

If buyer A escrows the money with escrow agent B and seller C issues the bar to myself.  I get on my Delta flight and the fucking plane crashes with the bar and I on it.  I am worried about how the escrow agent would handle this....  I am going to call Lloyds of London (www.lloyds.com) as soon as I can, but I figured I would ask here first. I'm sure there are a million different bull shit regulations that has to do with this and I am not interested in reading it Smiley

Thanks guys Smiley

Edit:
Best thought I have had is to get a life insurance plan naming the seller the beneficiary... but I really would rather pay someone some BTC on a successful trip rather than fucking get poked with a needle! (But I will if need be I guess)  

I would suggest that if someone is going to pay that much money they would probably come to you. I would anyway
BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 11:41:55 AM

Thanks guys Smiley

Edit:

I would suggest that if someone is going to pay that much money they would probably come to you. I would anyway

For sure, but lets say Vladimir Putin wants to buy it for his teenage son (I don't know if he has a son.)  I am sure he could pay someone to fly out to America, get the bar and then fly home to Russia.  What if the son doesn't like it? Now he has to pay for someone to do it all over again!  With me taking the bar as long as the funds are in a safe place for my client to receive the fund then if the buyer sees the bar and decides they don't want it I can happily issue a refund minus expenses.

I would much rather the person comes to us because then I can pick them up from the Airport knowing that TSA has already checked out the dicks and everything Smiley

I am actually happy to do the deal on the inside of the security! This means I would have to by a plane ticket and go through security at the airport.  It is totally fine to take large sums of cash on domestic flights. It is just on international flights you have to declare what you have.

I charge $60 a hour counting the cash you bring.  The first hour is free though of course  Wink  

Edit:
Bitcoins are obviously preferred.

htspringer

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:03:09 PM

The 500BTC bar has been redeemed.

who in their right minds would pay $1m for an empty bar?

Kinda like saying who would pay for rare art is only paint and canvas.  There is only one other 500BTC bar out there besides this one.  Cool
Your prices are laughable.
A redeemed Casascius bar is not "rare art".

By the numbers most people would consider this rare.  1 of 2.  While I find the price high I can not argue with the rareness. 
Rareness alone does not determine that value of a collectible.  That is only one element.  For example, The 10 bitcoin Casascius silver rounds... The gold plated ones are more rare than the all-silver ones, but are fetching less money (by what I've been hearing).
BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 08:52:45 PM

Kinda like saying who would pay for rare art is only paint and canvas.  There is only one other 500BTC bar out there besides this one.  Cool

By the numbers most people would consider this rare.  1 of 2.  While I find the price high I can not argue with the rareness. 
Rareness alone does not determine that value of a collectible.  That is only one element.  For example, The 10 bitcoin Casascius silver rounds... The gold plated ones are more rare than the all-silver ones, but are fetching less money (by what I've been hearing).

I don't know how to say this without sounding like a dick, but the price of this item is 100% based on what my client wants for it Smiley seeing that he is the only one in the whole world with this item!  There is only one 500BTC redeemed gold bar.  If it doesn't sell I imagine he is totally happy keeping it in the secure locations that it is in and passing it as a family treasure.

calim

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:33:38 PM

I'm confused by some of the replies in this thread.  Wouldn't most of you, particularly the guy, not BAC, who's a coin seller WANT this to sell for as much as possible as it would help his business out too?  Wouldn't that not only set a market price but help further legitimize the collectibles market?
steelboy

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:01:07 PM

I don't know how to say this without sounding like a dick, but the price of this item is 100% based on what my client wants for it Smiley seeing that he is the only one in the whole world with this item!  There is only one 500BTC redeemed gold bar.  If it doesn't sell I imagine he is totally happy keeping it in the secure locations that it is in and passing it as a family treasure.

Which is what will happen as no-one is going to pay 1100BTC for it. Nice thing to own though, hope he/she enjoys it Smiley
htspringer

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:12:16 PM

As I've explained before, rarity is not the only thing that makes something valuable. You've been offered  2 Klyecascius Sparklecoins for your bars... those are rare too. 
ocean59

Activity: 103

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:08:32 AM

It is totally fine to take large sums of cash on domestic flights. It is just on international flights you have to declare what you have.

This isn't entirely true, you may want to do some research. While it is in theory legal to do so, there have been several reports over the last 5 years of money being confiscated on domestic flights from businessmen, gamblers, etc. and then they have to go through a very long and uncomfortable process to get it back.
Gatekeeper

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:16:37 AM

1,100 btc for an empty 500btc bar is absurd, no one in their right mind would buy that.

So an empty 1000 bar sold for about 10btc and your client wants 1,100btc for a 500 bar, lmao what a joke, tell the guy to wake up.

(1470) <KLYE> But I was far too drunk to fuck a midget
(1470) <KLYE> I will fuck a chicken for 250 btc
Hfleer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 09:12:10 PM

Are they asking 10 or 100 times what some think it's worth?  I'm sure some here would love to get it if it was super cheap, but then again it's supply and demand.  All silver ones sound good since plated things often regarded as cheap I think.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
htspringer

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 09:32:07 PM

Are they asking 10 or 100 times what some think it's worth?  I'm sure some here would love to get it if it was super cheap, but then again it's supply and demand.  All silver ones sound good since plated things often regarded as cheap I think.
IMO, 10 BTC is a hugely inflated price for an empty bar.  However, that is approximately what a 1,000 BTC empty bar sold on ebay.... so I guess that's the going rate.  Yes, this guy is trying to say that an empty, gold plated bar is worth 100 times that.

It's common for collectors to over-value their goods. 
camolist

Activity: 896

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 09:34:07 PM

IMO, 10 BTC is a hugely inflated price for an empty bar.  However, that is approximately what a 1,000 BTC empty bar sold on ebay.... so I guess that's the going rate.  Yes, this guy is trying to say that an empty, gold plated bar is worth 100 times that.

i imagine it only sold for that value as it was a tax write off / donation....unless i am mixing two auctions up Tongue

steelboy

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 09:39:28 PM

i imagine it only sold for that value as it was a tax write off / donation....unless i am mixing two auctions up Tongue

No, it was the same auction. I agree, i think that it would have been a lot less if it wasn't going to charity and coming directly from Mike himself
willphase

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 07:01:52 AM

100 BTC redeemed bar went for around 1000 USD on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/271333093833

so the 100 loaded bar can't be worth more than around 101 or 102 BTC.  At that price, I might be interested.  PM me if you want to discuss further.

Will

Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:57:59 PM

I'll take the funded 100 btc bar for 102.5 BTC
htspringer

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 04:25:03 PM

A 100 bitcoin bar would have a face value of ~$95,000.  Given that much money at stake, I would require proof that the hologram sticker hadn't been tampered with...  I don't understand why anyone would have that level of confidence in such flimsey security.  It has been demonstrated that Casascius holograms, while tamper-resistent, are not tamper-proof.  $95,000 is a pretty big incentive for a lot of thieves.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: