Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:04:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tyrannic Hypocrisy with Narrative (NRVE)  (Read 88 times)
orlans17 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:42:55 PM

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to express my recent experience with the first ever ICO I have invested in, Narrative (NRVE). Narrative's ICO took place on the NEO platform. It was very simple to participate in the ICO, you just needed to get whitelisted and you could send your NEO and you would be credited the NRVE almost immediately.Narrative is a social media network that rewards quality content posted by it's community, they also have a forum as well. I thought this project had a lot of potential, with a strong team. I made a mistake in the beginning when I had sent 2 NEO before getting whitelisted and I got support almost immediately to try and recover my NEO. I emailed the team and got a response and kept getting updated on getting the NEO returned to my account, and sure enough, it was there in no time. I really appreciated the effort they took to help me. The ICO raised around 90,000 NEO, by the way.

I started joining all their social media channels such as telegram and twitter, along with their website and participated in discussions. Once the ICO ended, their goal was to get on to an exchange approximately a month after the end of the ICO (March 29). A month rolls by and there's nothing, and no mention is the listing either. It is not until April 26th, their founder Ted mentions they have a deal with an exchange for a listing. And that exchange is.........BiteBTC. What is BiteBTC? I don't know and no one else knows. Apparently it is a new exchange with little trading volume. So finally, an exchange. But is it the right exchange? Narrative's alpha platform, Chaucer, is a platform where you suggest a "niche" and once it gets approved by the community, users can bid NRVE token for it. So an exchange is essential to bid on these niches (if you've ran out from the token sale). So a month after they targeted to be on an exchange mixed in with an unknown exchange where you need to get whitelisted to trade and no one has ever heard of, did not sit well with me, I consider it a red flag.

So I take my opinions in regards to the exchange news to telegram. I wasn't happy and questioned the decision making by the team as a concerned investor in their ICO. It just didn't make the token or the team look good and I let the telegram community know that. I was just expressing my opinions of a questionable business decision. One thing I have learned about a successful business is giving what your customers want. Now I'm not saying get on to Binance right away, I'm just saying, get on to an exchange that is recognizable and not forcing people to sign up on an exchange they have never heard of. How can we trust that exchange? I did not single anyone out or use profanity in regards to expressing my opinion on the matter.

As I went on, some of the NRVE community didn't like me posting about the topic of the exchange in the telegram chat and went to the admin, Michael. Michael proceeds to privately message me and tell me that he is going to put me in a "Time-out" because people have complained about me expressing my opinion. Michael's background is a teacher or educator, so I assume he used this phrase "time-out" a lot. So I thought this was a little insulting because I was just expressing my opinion on the exchange matter, so before he put me in my time-out, I made another post in the telegram group just saying "TIME OUT". He then proceeded to ban me from the telegram group, how nice and justified. I then expressed my frustrations with him in our private conversation and told him I would be making a post on the Narrative forum in regards to his decision to ban me from the telegram chat. Once I try to log into the narrative site, it says my account has been disabled.

At the time, Narrative was having an Airdrop for 200K worth of NRVE tokens to those who have participated in adding content and contributing to the conversations in the forum and you got a piece based on your Community Ranking. Well did you know that your ranking can be manipulated by the admins? If you post something negative or seeming to be negative even if it's opinionated, your ranking could be dropped. So I noticed my ranking go from #28 to #33 to #38 and once I got banned, #687. Perfect timing as I got nothing of that airdrop. Once I got banned I tried to reach out to the owner's Ted and Rosemary. I kept trying to find their emails so I could explain the situation. I tried messaging Ted on twitter and LinkedIn because I couldn't get an email anywhere and I was not getting any response from support on the narrative site. I got one of rosemary's emails from another website. I emailed her anticipating a response and I got nothing. Three weeks of trying to get a hold of an owner at narrative went by and it looked like they were all ignoring me. How nice to treat someone who invested in your ICO. Finally, I got a hold of rosemary on linkedin. I started asking why it took so long to reach out, she never answered that question. All i am being told to do is apologize to michael for my behaviour....what for? I did not do anything wrong except express my opinion. The only thing I am guilty of is posting a couple niche's on the chaucer platform saying how narrative and michael are a joke. And that was after they were ignoring my request to speak with them privately.

Does this look or sound like a team you want to be a part of? If your an ICO investor, do you think you have a right to express your opinions? It is up to interpretation on how you perceive my argument. I didn't think it was in the team's best interest to be listed on an unknown exchange, it could hurt their reputation as decision makers, and i explained that. But apparently, we are not allowed to do that (even though there are no rules against it). Then having their admin michael go on this rampage of putting me in the corner, sending me to time out and then banning me for no reason whatsoever. Content can be looked at in a positive or negative way, so does my rant warrant a banishment? Think twice if you want to get into this disaster of a project called Narrative and their token NRVE.

Corey

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
orlans17 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:23:37 AM

bump
david0ikari

Activity: 280
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:35:14 PM
Merited by dopecoindude (5)

I am feeling sorry for you... I did invest on the ICO early in January from a private sale... I put 100 NEO on it.... Guess what the project looks like the Titanic now....Basically I lost 90% of the value... They do not care at all about the exchange .  ...there are no buzz at all....and TELEGRAM channel looks like Vietnam... They banned 400 people apparently on Telegram Channel...  My worst investment And they want to disrupt social media.. The team is only family and friend...( all redneck)
Astrilian

Activity: 350
Merit: 112

Ecosystem for Fundraising DAOs — ICOs 2.0

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:19:19 AM

That is a terrible story, I am quite surprised how some projects are ignoring their own customers and investors. If someone raises understandable questions regarding certain decisions you need to discuss it in an open way instead of removing these conversations and banning people. I am not surprised anymore the project never took off, write the investment off and move on.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: