Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 11:57:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can someone convince me why the Scrypt "ASICs" would make much difference?  (Read 2122 times)
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 11:31:54 AM

Heaviest FUD i've read all month long.  I have no issues calling you out on this one, mudshark79.

ROI is outstanding right now.  It was horrible months ago with btc price in the crapper and ltc the same.   That is the truth.

I am ROIing GPUs at the rate of just about 1 a week currently.

I have completely paid off 7k of hardware, most of that in the last month alone.
(shhhhh....)

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
kalnas

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:47:19 PM

Thank you. I feel relieved, since I am a fairly recent miner myself, have not reached my ROI point yet, and I intend to keep adding GPUs for a while.

ROI with Scrypt/GPU is hard to achieve if not impossible, there were some good times about 2 months ago when Litecoin went up but since then it's decreasing and only a unpredictable rise of crypto in general can make your ROI reality. Simply adding more GPUs now is surely not the way to go: while you can get MORE Scrypt-Based-Coin whatsoever for the same amount of fiat at the given moment to make a speculation on future prices.... just my two cents (also learned it the "hard way" but it was fun and so i won't complain)..... in less than 3 months i guess it's : HD7950s anyone?  Grin

Roll Eyes  

Heaviest FUD i've read all month long.  I have no issues calling you out on this one, mudshark79.

ROI is outstanding right now.  It was horrible months ago with btc price in the crapper and ltc the same.   That is the truth.

I am ROIing GPUs at the rate of just about 1 a week currently.

I have completely paid off 7k of hardware, most of that in the last month alone.

But then also only with no powercosts at all and spending half of your time reconfiguring your miners to some new whatsoever Altcoin-Just-Released and spending the other half on selling them to BTC or whatever... no option if you have other things to do. With the typical LTC or WTC rates at the moment and leaving your hashpower pointed at one of these Coins for example , i'm pretty sure you don't get 40% of ROI in one month, maybe 20% at best.

If you have a not so time consuming strategy let us know, please  Roll Eyes.

There were some very good times during November, when LTC was even higher then today and difficulty and hashpower still lower when in general still a good deal , of course ROI was harder to achieve when prices were like they have been half a year ago or even earlier.

I began early December and my ROI-Calc just had to be stretched some time in the future with the numbers given at the moment, that's all. I'm not FUDing anyone (Who is listening top me on this one anyhow ? :-) ), just telling my experience and come back to me on this one anytime you want.

If you want to get money, you need to put some effort in it. There is NO FREE MONEY.
mudshark79

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:05:36 PM

Glad I found out now   Grin

Enjoy!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: