Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:05:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN's website and online store are open-promotion with limited 30 AntMiner  (Read 9465 times)
ineedit

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 06:51:05 PM

The need to pay within a hour is ridiculous. If the buyers BTC in in a paper wallet then it can take over 1 hour to get the coin to a paying wallet, and if confirmations are slow then it will take longer.

With respect, how is it Bitmain's problem that you don't have access to your funds in a timely fashion ?

I can understand your frustration, but feel you are barking up the wrong tree here.

Personally I am not frustrated, I had ample funds in my wallet and the status of my order is currently paying
I just find ridiculous the expectation that 1 hour is long enough when the payment system is itself cannot meet that timescale.

If there is a horrible block or an orphan that occurs that 6 x 10 minutes for a completed payment can take a whole lot longer.

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dikx

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 06:57:54 PM

Hey,

My status is:
Paied
Unshipped
Valid

Hope to have my machineeee!  Smiley

Regards
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 07:05:31 PM

Hey,

My status is:
Paied
Unshipped
Valid

Regards

Isn't the payback on these machines likely 90 days [and very little after], even excluding PSU and any taxes?

Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 07:06:13 PM

Mine is finally showing confirmed.  Although I have yet to get the email they said would be sent once confirmed.  Guess they are going through a website shakedown and we are test group.
It does appear that the 2.4 btc deal is still available.
atadro

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 07:07:27 PM

Anyone else have this issue?  I sent them a couple emails but have not heard back.

Not exactly that. For me it shows:

Pay
Pay: 0 BTC
Confirm: 2.4 BTC
Status
Paied
Unshipped
Expired

So I guess someone just got to 2nd order my AntMiner S1 because it shows expired as status..

same here.  i had to run out after watching it hit 10 confirms without it being marked as paid.  when i got back it was at 20 confirms, finally marked as paid, but also expired.  i think they are going to have to sell more than 30 units at that price or return a lot of BTC......

now i have justifiable frustration with their checkout process.  my brother placed an order at least 30 minutes after me and his shows as "Valid" not "Expired" like my earlier one still does  Huh
wickedsick

Activity: 467

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 07:14:21 PM

BITMAIN release website and online store to the public today.

www.bitmaintech.com

Thanks to the long-term attention and patient waiting from all loyal customers, and also test our online store, we hold a promotion with limited 30 AntMiners S1.

Each customer shall place an order with only one S1 at 2.4BTC, shipping cost included, shipping out within 2 days after full payment.

Bug reports are welcomed. The first one who reports a certain bug will be rewarded a U1 miner. Report bugs to: webmaster@bitmaintech.com

more units please  Grin
AlexeyK

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 07:14:52 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2014, 10:48:10 PM by AlexeyK

Hey,

My status is:
Paied
Unshipped
Valid

Hope to have my machineeee!  Smiley

Regards

Isn't the payback on these machines likely 90 days [and very little after], even excluding PSU and any taxes?

seems right , so ? it still one off best deals that we can find .

if you think that i deserve it
185h9KXxW2Efx6ynFM61ydUKsRNaVWUobs
or GLC -  GQjVzfk3k8gb3Cy65mBUf4ADkNNTRHgsx8
ineedit

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 07:17:03 PM

Hey,

My status is:
Paied
Unshipped
Valid

Regards

seems right , so ? it still on off best deals that we can find .

As always the ROI is difficulty rise and electricity cost dependent but I agree you, I haven't found a better deal.

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
hashblue

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 07:39:09 PM

My order just switched to 'Paied' as well Roll Eyes - pretty much right after the 6th confirmation came in. Since they seem to be waiting for all 6 confirmations the 60 minute limit is indeed quite tight. So far I have not received a (payment) confirmation email either.

It looks like they have already received payments for quite a few more than 30 orders, closer to 60. Payments are immediately forwarded to this address:

https://blockchain.info/de/address/1QB8Ds5KbGYBLQa5RyDQ2sVUeSKWf7qgkZ?offset=0&filter=0

I am wondering if the website is not enforcing the 30 unit limit, or if 30 or so of these payments are not considered to have been received in time (and will be refunded?).

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 07:51:09 PM

The need to pay within a hour is ridiculous. If the buyers BTC in in a paper wallet then it can take over 1 hour to get the coin to a paying wallet, and if confirmations are slow then it will take longer.

With respect, how is it Bitmain's problem that you don't have access to your funds in a timely fashion ?

I can understand your frustration, but feel you are barking up the wrong tree here.

+1

if I wanted to buy something at walmart on Boxing day, I would make sure my paycheck was fully cashed and in my banking account. I wouldnt go to walmart, pull my item off the shelf, and hang around the cash registers for hours/days until my paycheck deposited

*ps: if i had someone standing in front of me at walmart going 'uh, give it a minute, maybe my card will be accepted this time'...DECLINED....'oh, it will work any minute now, can you hold on another 5 minutes?'  I would sucker-punch them in the back of the head and ring my own shit through*

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
hashblue

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 07:52:43 PM

Looks like they have reached the 30 valid orders - the page is now showing 'Sold Out'.
GZCH

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:29:35 PM

Anyone received confirmation mail?
Aexcu

Activity: 130

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:34:10 PM

where you see this ?

my now
Paied
Unshipped
Valid

You're good, don't worry. Where some of see it is that we have Expired in place of your Valid.
Aexcu

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:40:49 PM

I agree with your assessment, with one exception: when making a BTC transfer can take surprisingly long before getting 6 confirmations (hence, over 1 hour). For example, we've seen 28 minute blocks today, IIRC. The aspiration for BTC blockchain is to get a block every 10 minutes, so in comparison to that 1 hour is somewhat ambitious - if 6 confirmations are required before acknowledged.

Then again, I think BITMAIN's website shop uses a similar software to what I've been using elsewhere where the software itself has defined 1 hour as the BTC payment window. So not exactly a fault of theirs... (Btw, I think you can re-configure that.)
atadro

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:44:25 PM

does anybody with an order (that they paid immediately for) which was placed after 15:16:44.0 (based on bitmain's timestamp) have their order status showing as "Valid"?
GZCH

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:47:12 PM

does anybody with an order (that they paid immediately for) which was placed after 15:16:44.0 (based on bitmain's timestamp) have their order status showing as "Valid"?

2.4 BTC   Pay:0 BTC
Confirm:2.4 BTC   Paied
Unshipped
Valid   2014-01-11 17:24:40.0
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:56:24 PM

2.4 BTC   Pay:0 BTC
Unshipped
Valid   2014-01-11 17:24:40.0

Pay:0 BTC
Unshipped
Valid   2014-01-11 15:00:13.0

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:58:07 PM

I agree with your assessment, with one exception: when making a BTC transfer can take surprisingly long before getting 6 confirmations (hence, over 1 hour). For example, we've seen 28 minute blocks today, IIRC. The aspiration for BTC blockchain is to get a block every 10 minutes, so in comparison to that 1 hour is somewhat ambitious - if 6 confirmations are required before acknowledged.

Then again, I think BITMAIN's website shop uses a similar software to what I've been using elsewhere where the software itself has defined 1 hour as the BTC payment window. So not exactly a fault of theirs... (Btw, I think you can re-configure that.)

I expect that the 1hr window is only searching for the first confirmation on the network - but wont mark your order 'PAIED' until 6 confirms.

as long as you send the transaction in a timely manner (lets say 30min), the system wont bump you from the line.

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 09:05:10 PM

FWIW, one of my transactions to purchase an S1 has been confirmed to the blockchain, yet still shows Unpaid in the "My Orders" section as well.

I would recommend some patience. We are helping test their store after all. It's super early in the morning in China right now, and i would imagine they'll get these issues ironed out in due time.
Aexcu

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 09:06:27 PM

as long as you send the transaction in a timely manner (lets say 30min), the system wont bump you from the line.

Personally I'm fine with any resolution, I was waiting for BITMAIN to respond to the info-text I included in the order asking for the situation with the vouchers (also sent it by other means) and thus paid it only later when I saw that they weren't going to respond for the night (auction started at 11pm in China).
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: