Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:56:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN's website and online store are open-promotion with limited 30 AntMiner  (Read 9465 times)
ineedit

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:28:58 PM

The need to pay within a hour is ridiculous. If the buyers BTC in in a paper wallet then it can take over 1 hour to get the coin to a paying wallet, and if confirmations are slow then it will take longer.

With respect, how is it Bitmain's problem that you don't have access to your funds in a timely fashion ?

I can understand your frustration, but feel you are barking up the wrong tree here.

+1

if I wanted to buy something at walmart on Boxing day, I would make sure my paycheck was fully cashed and in my banking account. I wouldnt go to walmart, pull my item off the shelf, and hang around the cash registers for hours/days until my paycheck deposited

*ps: if i had someone standing in front of me at walmart going 'uh, give it a minute, maybe my card will be accepted this time'...DECLINED....'oh, it will work any minute now, can you hold on another 5 minutes?'  I would sucker-punch them in the back of the head and ring my own shit through*

As my other posts explain, you do not find out it is an hour until you are in the checkout.

Using your scenario, you have gotten to the checkout and they have told you that the card system is down and ask for cash, what do you offer then, more violence?

This is bitcoin. there is one type of payment and one type only. Your cash example simply does not translate - it would be like the bitcoin checkout asking you to pay with paper wallets despite the obvious fact you are in a different county from the store

If you want to buy something priced in BTC, have your bitcoins ready. dont leave your wallet at home when you go to the store

And yet again you miss the point....

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jaakkop

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 07:24:24 PM

AntMiner U1
Speed:    1.6 GH/S
Price:      33 BTC

Umm, what?

That is For a quantity of 500

Oh that explains a lot, totally missed that Smiley

I'd buy that for a dollar bitcoin!
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:31:51 PM

The need to pay within a hour is ridiculous. If the buyers BTC in in a paper wallet then it can take over 1 hour to get the coin to a paying wallet, and if confirmations are slow then it will take longer.

With respect, how is it Bitmain's problem that you don't have access to your funds in a timely fashion ?

I can understand your frustration, but feel you are barking up the wrong tree here.

+1

if I wanted to buy something at walmart on Boxing day, I would make sure my paycheck was fully cashed and in my banking account. I wouldnt go to walmart, pull my item off the shelf, and hang around the cash registers for hours/days until my paycheck deposited

*ps: if i had someone standing in front of me at walmart going 'uh, give it a minute, maybe my card will be accepted this time'...DECLINED....'oh, it will work any minute now, can you hold on another 5 minutes?'  I would sucker-punch them in the back of the head and ring my own shit through*

As my other posts explain, you do not find out it is an hour until you are in the checkout.

Using your scenario, you have gotten to the checkout and they have told you that the card system is down and ask for cash, what do you offer then, more violence?

This is bitcoin. there is one type of payment and one type only. Your cash example simply does not translate - it would be like the bitcoin checkout asking you to pay with paper wallets despite the obvious fact you are in a different county from the store

If you want to buy something priced in BTC, have your bitcoins ready. dont leave your wallet at home when you go to the store

No I'm not. last time I'm responding on the issue, because its not that complicated:

I can accept the merits of having an offline wallet or online wallet that you don't want to send the actual payment tx from.

But seriously: The price and time was announced about 24hrs in advance, with the clear knowledge of limited availability. A smart person would make sure to transfer the 2.4BTC to their payment wallet/address well in advance so they could be the first to complete payment. That smart person would recognise that unless they can both put the item in thier cart AND pay for it quickly, it may be given to the next person who IS prepared.

You did not do this. You did not think it would be important to pay ASAP after purchase, and when you bought the item it told you that unless you pay within 1 hour your Antminer would be for-fitted back into available stock. Because you did not have your money available to give the store, they gave you 1 hour to prove you have the money. You couldn't and the store offered the item to someone who COULD.

not bitmain's fault at all

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
ineedit

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:41:30 PM

+1

No I'm not. last time I'm responding on the issue, because its not that complicated:

I can accept the merits of having an offline wallet or online wallet that you don't want to send the actual payment tx from.

But seriously: The price and time was announced about 24hrs in advance, with the clear knowledge of limited availability. A smart person would make sure to transfer the 2.4BTC to their payment wallet/address well in advance so they could be the first to complete payment. That smart person would recognise that unless they can both put the item in thier cart AND pay for it quickly, it may be given to the next person who IS prepared.

You did not do this. You did not think it would be important to pay ASAP after purchase, and when you bought the item it told you that unless you pay within 1 hour your Antminer would be for-fitted back into available stock. Because you did not have your money available to give the store, they gave you 1 hour to prove you have the money. You couldn't and the store offered the item to someone who COULD.

not bitmain's fault at all

Whatever.....

Oh look an ignore button

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
libertybuck

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:49:55 PM

It will be great if you allow us order asic chip from your web shop.

You can try http://www.ninjatech.org for ~10k chips

Sir, thanks for the information.

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:25:56 AM

Oh look an ignore button

Well, if you insist...
RenFarm

Activity: 865
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 06:05:56 AM

Can you send antminer to Russia by EMS if I order it? There is a lot of problems with receiving by another delivery.

Bce для GPU мaйнингa: paйзepы, блoки питaния, пepexoдники m.2-> pci e
Maгaзин для мaйнepoв: ETC24.RU
OTtAn

Activity: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:39:42 AM

Can you send antminer to Belarus by EMS?
bitbar

Activity: 262

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 10:35:41 AM

does anybody with an order (that they paid immediately for) which was placed after 15:16:44.0 (based on bitmain's timestamp) have their order status showing as "Valid"?

2.4 BTC   Pay:0 BTC
Confirm:2.4 BTC   Paied
Unshipped
Valid   2014-01-11 17:24:40.0

thanks for the confirmation.  over 2 hours after my order which still shows as "Expired".  i hope they resolve this quickly as I don't want to waste a bunch of time fighting for a unit or 2.4 BTC back.

Hi guys,

I want to claim my refund 2.4 BTC expired for not arriving on time on offer on Saturday, I am writing the email to webmaster@bitmaintech.com and info@bitmaintech.com but no answer.
someone else is in the same situation?

any recommendations please?

Thanks
BITMAIN (OP)

Activity: 741
Merit: 514

https://www.bitmain.com

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 01:49:00 PM

Hi all, we have sold out the testing batch. All the bought miners will be shipped no later than Wednesday, most likely Tuesday.

Now we only reserved some of the S1 only for testing antminer's mining pool. More Ants are being produced.

Thanks for your support, and we will open sales for another batch of miners in about 2~3 days, which will be shipped in 3~4 days from now.

Cloud Mining? Just Go to Hashnest.com          Best Liquidity   Lowest Price   100% Real Mining Back Up
goggles1200

Activity: 110

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:29:02 PM

NO!!! I missed out again.   Angry

When are you getting the next batch in?
AlexeyK

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:32:40 PM

so pleasure to be Bitmain customer

bought on 11.1 , receive tracking number now .

thanks a lot Bitmain and crew .

if you think that i deserve it
185h9KXxW2Efx6ynFM61ydUKsRNaVWUobs
or GLC -  GQjVzfk3k8gb3Cy65mBUf4ADkNNTRHgsx8
Jeffrey

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:36:45 PM

NO!!! I missed out again.   Angry

When are you getting the next batch in?

They are still available but the 2.4 sale is over, they cost 2.65 now
atadro

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:37:03 PM

does anybody with an order (that they paid immediately for) which was placed after 15:16:44.0 (based on bitmain's timestamp) have their order status showing as "Valid"?

2.4 BTC   Pay:0 BTC
Confirm:2.4 BTC   Paied
Unshipped
Valid   2014-01-11 17:24:40.0

thanks for the confirmation.  over 2 hours after my order which still shows as "Expired".  i hope they resolve this quickly as I don't want to waste a bunch of time fighting for a unit or 2.4 BTC back.

i just got a shipping notice, so it looks like they are making good on at least one of the very early orders that didn't flow properly thru their order system and showed as "Expired" yesterday.
Jeffrey

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:37:21 PM

Same here. Ordered 11-01 and also just received my shipping ID. According to the UPS site it will be delivered this wednesday.

Pro
ineedit

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:32:48 PM

Same here. Ordered 11-01 and also just received my shipping ID. According to the UPS site it will be delivered this wednesday.

Pro
And another with shipping notice and tracking ID

woobone

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:47:02 PM

Pro
And another with shipping notice and tracking ID

Same here  Smiley thanks Bitmain .
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:53:11 PM

just received shipment notice! woot woot, most reliable asic order from a supplier ever! ... too bad the 2.65btc is sold out now =(

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
Aexcu

Activity: 130

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 05:56:14 PM

Received a shipping number through email (having ordered within the 1st minute of the promotion sales, but also had the code 'Expired' with the 'Paid' code, so BITMAIN is indeed filling also these orders).

I don't think any other company responds as fast. I mean, come on, it was Sunday for them yesterday after all. Getting a tracking number on the next business day while placing an order on Saturday... what more can you ask? (Well, of course you can ask but you might not get!)

Well done, thank you BITMAIN.
elduce

Activity: 90

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:11:03 PM

placed an order in 4 minutes, received nothing, order status Unshipped
i hope it just wasnt changed in the system Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: