Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:19:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Introduction to DualMiner USB (could mine both BTC and LTC)  (Read 114580 times)
jajababamumu

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:31:18 AM

folks, the warranty is only one month .. 100 USD divided by 30 days = 3.3 USD per day

compare that to a graphics card of say 300 USD and 2 years warranty => 0.41 USD per day

that's off by a factor of about 10. and i didn't even look at the hashrate difference

too risky for me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:24:07 AM

folks, the warranty is only one month .. 100 USD divided by 30 days = 3.3 USD per day

compare that to a graphics card of say 300 USD and 2 years warranty => 0.41 USD per day

that's off by a factor of about 10. and i didn't even look at the hashrate difference

too risky for me.

Huh what does that even mean?  What the the price divided by number of warranty days even matter? 

TheRealSteve

Activity: 686

FUN > ROI

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:22:59 AM

this: 100 USD/1 month = 3.3 USD/day
gfx card: 300 USD/years warranty = 0.41 USD/day

Huh what does that even mean?  What the the price divided by number of warranty days even matter? 
That if the device dies 1 day after its end-of-warranty, with this you will have lost $3.3/day and with the hypothetical graphics card you'll have lost $0.41/day.  If this device dies on day 31 (Assuming a 30 day month), you'll be out the full $100, but if the graphics card dies on day 31 you'll have only lost ~$12.30 .. and even that isn't really lost, since you can try to claim warranty and get a new one.

Or something. Smells like "if everybody spent 5 minutes less in traffic we could save BILLIONS each year in our economy"-math to me Smiley

1 month warranty is ridiculously low, though, and in many jurisdictions wouldn't fly if not for the fact that these devices tend not to be regulation-spec in the first place.

jajababamumu

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:07:16 AM

you need to calculate your risk if you want to invest in hashing equipment (or in anything). you are guaranteed 1 month of operation with this USB miner, for $100. and that's it. after 1 month you're on your own.

i rather choose google if i want to feel lucky Smiley
jajababamumu

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:28:53 AM

DualMiner USB is a product developed to mine Bitcoin and Litecoin(Dual mode) or Litecoin only (mode). Using DualMiner USB to mine altcoin doesn't guarantee to work at this point.

this product is a joke Grin there is not only extremely high risk given the short time of guaranteed operation, but there is also low reward because apparently you can only mine litecoin. there are many other scrypt-based coins, that offer much better profitability than litecoin.

so... high risk, and, low reward .. Roll Eyes
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 11:01:56 AM

DualMiner USB is a product developed to mine Bitcoin and Litecoin(Dual mode) or Litecoin only (mode). Using DualMiner USB to mine altcoin doesn't guarantee to work at this point.

this product is a joke Grin there is not only extremely high risk given the short time of guaranteed operation, but there is also low reward because apparently you can only mine litecoin. there are many other scrypt-based coins, that offer much better profitability than litecoin.

These mine any type of Scrypt coin, not just Litecoin. The joke is how well researched your claims are.

fastcore

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:37:52 PM

Anyone else's run slower than spec'ed? Mine are running 25-35k at first and I have the dipswitch set to L.
Anddos

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:31:52 PM

So it is looking like these devices die to early, glad i didnt spend money on these, how is the guy doing that posted the 6 MH picture now?

jajababamumu

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:28:00 PM

These mine any type of Scrypt coin, not just Litecoin. The joke is how well researched your claims are.

i quoted the company from earlier in this thread who said "not guaranteed to work with altcoins" when a customer reported issues. dont just blaaablaaablaaaaaaaaaaa but provide futher info if you think it's missing Wink
i dont care. those who want to buy this need to evaluate the investment themselves. and those who already did may come up with irrational reasons to justify their purchase in order to resolve their cognitive dissonance.
brioche

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:48:27 PM

obviously a fresh account for trolling, registered yesterday and only have posts from this thread. Lets not feed him anymore please Lips sealed

i quoted the company from earlier in this thread who said "not guaranteed to work with altcoins" when a customer reported issues. dont just blaaablaaablaaaaaaaaaaa but provide futher info if you think it's missing Wink
i dont care. those who want to buy this need to evaluate the investment themselves. and those who already did may come up with irrational reasons to justify their purchase in order to resolve their cognitive dissonance.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
North Carolina ❖ First in Flight ❖ /   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
matrixdog

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:53:26 PM

OK i need some help here please. I got the dual miner last week and i haven got it to work. Am using the Dlink Dub 7 port powered hub on windows xp drives installed and cgminer and the dualminer GUI, With the dualminer GUI i get this when i start pool 0 JSON stratum auth failed: (null).

If i start CGminer with out the GUI it does not fix the miner. I have no clue what else to do

Any help Please PM me  Huh  Huh  Huh  Huh
MeGaDoOm

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:57:28 PM

hello y'all,
what are the best settings when starting the usb dualminer from a batch file ?!
i don't want to overclock with the 850/900 pll parameter, but are there other tweakable options?!

▄▄
  ▐████▌
  ██████
  ▐████▌
    ▀▀
█▄  ▐▌  ▄█
██  ▐▌  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██▄ ██ ▄██
 ▀▀████▀▀
   ▐██▌
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
   ▐██▌
   ▐██▌
   ▐██▌
   ████
   ████

|
                         ▄▄
                    ▄▄██████
               ▄▄███████████
          ▄▄████████████████
     ▄▄█████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████

██████████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████▀▀
█████████████████████ ▄▄███████████
████████████████████ ▐█▀  ▀████████
████████████████████ ▐█▄  ▄████████
█████████████████████ ▀▀███████████
██████████████████████▄▄
▀█████████████████████████████████▀

|

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
    █                █
    █  █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
    █                █
    █ ▄████████████▄
    █ ██████████████
    █ ██████████████
    █ ▀████████████▀
    █                █
    █ ▄▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▀▀▀▀▄ █
    █ █    █  █    █ █
    █  ▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  █
    █                █
     █              █
      █            █
       █          █
        █        █
         ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
           ▀██▀
            ▐▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
jajababamumu

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:33:05 PM

obviously a fresh account for trolling, registered yesterday and only have posts from this thread. Lets not feed him anymore please Lips sealed
oh, i see, my penis needs to be of a certain size before my reasoning is accepted. do you actually have a counter-argument? or do you so desperately need to look at my account stats to find something to throw back at me?

i think people should be aware of the very poor risk/reward ratio, that's why i registered. it makes me sad to see a company taking advantage of people's good intentions. 1 month warranty is very cheeky imo. unless somebody can show that i'm wrong or miss something based on facts, it is definitely not me who is the troll Wink
happy mining and good luck.
lajz99

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:09:26 PM

oh, i see, my penis needs to be of a certain size before my reasoning is accepted. do you actually have a counter-argument? or do you so desperately need to look at my account stats to find something to throw back at me?

i think people should be aware of the very poor risk/reward ratio, that's why i registered. it makes me sad to see a company taking advantage of people's good intentions. 1 month warranty is very cheeky imo. unless somebody can show that i'm wrong or miss something based on facts, it is definitely not me who is the troll Wink
happy mining and good luck.

You really should get your facts straight.  What is the "risk" here?  A USB might stop running...give me a break...  I've got 30 running with absolutely NO issues.  Maybe you're a little butthurt you can't afford some??  Go troll elsewhere.

jajababamumu

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:46:06 PM

You really should get your facts straight.  What is the "risk" here?  A USB might stop running...give me a break...  I've got 30 running with absolutely NO issues.  Maybe you're a little butthurt you can't afford some??  Go troll elsewhere.

it's funny that some people keep attacking me instead of my arguments. the risk is that the USB device might break indeed, and you're only covered for one month. what is so difficult to understand there? that's a clear risk to account for, isn't it? if the dualminer company would be confident enough that their product is quality and worth the investment, it'd be the usual 1 or 2 years. then it would be a whole lot less risky, would it not.

but i begin to sound like a broken record.

you act like the follower of a religion when an outsider steps in and starts questioning and spreading seeds of doubt. address the f** in issue instead of assuming i'm butthurt or "trolling" by having no interest in a reasonable discussion.

fyi, my penis size, since you keep insisting: i am running an altcoin mining system with 6 gfx cards and self-written software in C# that controls that thing as automatically as possible. we are an amazing team of 4 good friends with different technical and professional skills who can make things happen. we started to look into hardware alternatives as it turns out to be a profitable business which we see opportunities in. graphics cards are really clumsy and use a lot of electricity, so scrypt-based ASICs looked promising. just not yet, as it turned out, from our perspective.
CruzCoins

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:22:57 PM

So it is looking like these devices die to early, glad i didnt spend money on these, how is the guy doing that posted the 6 MH picture now?
I have added another 10-strip and am hashing at ~7mh/s with these. It has been a little tricky getting the whole setup stable but I seem to be close. There is still more software development to be done to increase stability. My dualminers are hashing away ;p
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:14:37 PM

When will these be back in stock?
brioche

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:08:45 PM

OK i need some help here please. I got the dual miner last week and i haven got it to work. Am using the Dlink Dub 7 port powered hub on windows xp drives installed and cgminer and the dualminer GUI, With the dualminer GUI i get this when i start pool 0 JSON stratum auth failed: (null).

If i start CGminer with out the GUI it does not fix the miner. I have no clue what else to do

Any help Please PM me  Huh  Huh  Huh  Huh

can you post your config? may be a typo in your settings.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
North Carolina ❖ First in Flight ❖ /   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
lajz99

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:11:37 PM

fyi, my penis size, since you keep insisting

You obviously have some "size" issues...maybe you should buy yourself a new red sports car.  Everyone, this is a prime example of when you should use the "ignore" functionality.

fastcore

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:01:27 PM

If this helps anyone, these work beautifully on my Win 7 box but my Win 2008 R2 box I installed the drivers manually and the devices kept dropping offline and coming back on both an Orico high powered hub and directly off a USB port from the machine. Didn't spend much time working with it because I just put them back on the other box.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: