Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:44:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Payment service provider to help us sell bitcoins  (Read 2939 times)
swinewine (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2011, 01:51:35 PM

Hi Guys,

My name is Brian and I am one of the founders of YouTipIt. We are looking for a European based alternative payment service provider that will let us sell bitcoins to our members. Currently we use paypal but we really would like to find someone else who we can take payments through. Recently we have been refused by EMS Card as they dont want anything to do with bitcoin.

Has anyone out there any suggestions on a PSP that might be willing to allows us to sell bitcoins? We are aware of the high risk of chargebacks but we are trying to implement a system that mitigates the chances of these happening.

Any ideas would be appreciated,

Brian

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gusti
Legendary

Activity: 1099
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2011, 02:14:39 PM

May I suggest you use Western Union ?
No risk of chargebacks.

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.
SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
February 22, 2011, 04:09:48 PM

Unfortunately, our community is also still looking for such a service.

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
AyKarsi

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2011, 12:00:03 PM

Has anybody used Global Digital Pay?(as a buyer or seller)

https://www.globaldigitalpay.com

Great benefit is the fact that as merchant you cannot be charged-back.
For the buyer it seems to a bit of jungle finding the right exchange partner to get funds on your account..
AyKarsi

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2011, 12:04:50 PM

No risk of chargebacks.

Chargeback part is nice. But their fees are attrocious. Especially when do international payments.
We need to be able to accept amounts between 5 - 50 USD/EUR/GBP
And they don't seem to have an API to automate the payment process
Mahkul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 01:18:34 AM

No risk of chargebacks.

Chargeback part is nice. But their fees are attrocious. Especially when do international payments.

What's wrong with Paypal (I know it's a silly question Smiley). Are you afraid of chargebacks or is there some other issue as well?
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2011, 04:51:20 AM

Years ago PayPal's terms of service pretty much ruled out currency exchanging.

Private individuals would tick off some other option than "this is me selling currency" or "this is a currency exchange", instead claiming it is a personal debt owed or the sale of a service. Because to say it was a currency exchange or sale of currency would in those days have been against PayPal's terms.

I am not aware of that part of their terms having changed since then. Has it?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 04:53:46 AM

I have no idea. But 99% of my PayPal usage is through API rather than by sending through the website, so I never see anything about "this is a currency exchange".

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
AyKarsi

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2011, 06:20:29 AM

No risk of chargebacks.

What's wrong with Paypal (I know it's a silly question Smiley). Are you afraid of chargebacks or is there some other issue as well?

PayPal ist working great from a technical perspective. But we fear that for some very strange reason, they might put our account on hold..
We want to offer at least a second payment option. So it's a bit of risk mitigation thing.
The other part is the 45day rule we had to implement because of the chargeback risk.

AyKarsi

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2011, 06:25:43 AM

Years ago PayPal's terms of service pretty much ruled out currency exchanging.

Private individuals would tick off some other option than "this is me selling currency" or "this is a currency exchange", instead claiming it is a personal debt owed or the sale of a service. Because to say it was a currency exchange or sale of currency would in those days have been against PayPal's terms.

I am not aware of that part of their terms having changed since then. Has it?

-MarkM-

We actually had gotten past this stage with paypal already. They do allow currency exchange under the condition that you are implement a closed system: Meaning that you use PayPal as your sole PSP for all money entering and leaving your system. But they do not allow any circumvention of their chargeback policy in this scenario.
For us it was too much of a risk being dependenct on one single PSP. There are too many stories of frustrated merchants out their, who do not understand why their account was put on hold or even canceled.
nanotube

Activity: 482
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2011, 07:53:23 AM

have you considered the following: dwolla, bank ach, check by mail?

Join #bitcoin-market on freenode for real-time market updates.
Join #bitcoin-otc - an over-the-counter trading market. http://bitcoin-otc.com
OTC web of trust: http://bitcoin-otc.com/trust.php
My trust rating: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=nanotube
goldmongler

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 10:05:50 PM

Ukash + Paysafecards to Bitcoin. There's already exchangers like xmlgold that do Ukash to Liberty Reserve
I'm also in need of somebody in Europe who can do Ukash to Paysafecards and vice versa, or other voucher or direct irrevokable methods

Wouldn't touch Paypal with an eleventy billion foot pole. I can show you at least 7 forums right now full-time vending stolen paypal accounts by the thousands. It's also probably against their TOS to trade it for other digital currency, they'll just seize the account at any given opportunity.

Plus if you're selling bitcoin to say, a gambler and they lose they'll want their money back and will simply phone up Paypal and claim their kid authorized the transaction while they were out of the room. Presto instant chargeback up to 180days later

jav

Activity: 249
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 02:12:52 PM

In the last days I haven been looking into the option of using a mobile payment processor like Zong, where people could pay with their mobile phone. It seemed like a good fit, because mobile phones are actually used a lot to buy various forms of (centralized) virtual currencies - like Facebook Credit for example.

I was in touch with somebody from Zong, but it didn't go anywhere. He immediately said it would be a problem that you can exchange Bitcoins back for USD and that the carriers would not like that. Apparently it needs to be a closed system where you can only pour money in and then have to spend it on things.

Maybe I'll go and talk to some other payment processors in the mobile space, but I guess I won't have much luck there either.

Hive, a beautiful wallet with an app platform for Mac OS X, Android and Mobile Web. Translators wanted! iOS and OS X devs see BitcoinKit. Tweets @hivewallet. Donations appreciated at 1HLRg9C1GsfEVH555hgcjzDeas14jen2Cn.
Prze_koles

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2011, 11:54:09 PM

What about Moneybookers?

1FzTJh1C58m1gqnNzxLTt2ryNYkuk1YdfN
AyKarsi

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2011, 11:01:35 AM

What about Moneybookers?

Moneybookers won't allow any kind of exhange system..
AyKarsi

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2011, 11:04:11 AM

In the last days I haven been looking into the option of using a mobile payment processor like Zong, where people could pay with their mobile phone. It seemed like a good fit, because mobile phones are actually used a lot to buy various forms of (centralized) virtual currencies - like Facebook Credit for example.

Zongs transaction costs were very high the last time I looked. Something like 25% on a 10$ purchase. Thats just daylight robbery..
Binford 6100

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

PGP OTC WOT: EB7FCE3D

View Profile
March 09, 2011, 12:37:57 PM

https://www.bitcoin.org/smf/index.php?topic=2732.0

have seen this forum? ^^
even on second reading it looked like a simple card processing service to accept payments

no idea how to service wires and cash

You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: