Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:27:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $42,000 dollars to buy Bitcoin and Litecoin - Time to buy?  (Read 12472 times)
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 01:55:58 AM

Don't buy all at once. I would buy in $5000 chunks on any small dips. If you buy and the price falls more, buy more. If you buy and the price goes back up, sell off a few and buy again on the next dip.

Don't wait too long though, the last two years bitcoin has done pretty good in January.

I'm grumpy!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
skivrmt

Activity: 994
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:01:24 AM

Don't buy all at once. I would buy in $5000 chunks on any small dips. If you buy and the price falls more, buy more. If you buy and the price goes back up, sell off a few and buy again on the next dip.

Don't wait too long though, the last two years bitcoin has done pretty good in January.

This all depends on how much you believe in Bitcoin and what direction it is heading.  It's really tough to predict any commodity, whether currency, stock, bond, or commodity.

So many people believe in dollar cost averaging.  2/3rd's of the time for stocks that's not the best way to invest.  Best way to invest is simple invest, buy now.  Why?  Simple.  Market goes up 2/3rd's of the time. Smiley

Bitcoin isn't a stock.  But it certainly acts like one.  Also acts like commodity.  If you believe it Bitcoin, I say buy.
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:01:36 AM

litecoin has already peaked, btc all-in or put some on peercoin as it will be the next litecoin
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 05:53:34 AM

If a currency isn't on BTC-e, I'd be very skeptical about investing a significant amount. You don't want to be left trading on Cryptsy...

Good luck though. I hope it shoots to the moon for you, but mostly for me. Smiley

samjtemp

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:27:10 AM

Perhaps diversify more widely for protection from flash crashes and unforseen growths of other assets.

This is a good time to buy crypto as the last price correction has already hit and now we are seeing sideway movement so the chances of you "buying at the top" is unlikely.

Litecoin has a lot of potential and has finally secured it's own independent payment processor(Something we've desperately needed for a long time now),
along with exchanges promising to pick it up soon(Coinbase, BTChina primarily) ... and technically MtGox - but F#$ them.

Would recommend against NXT. Most of the promised features have not made it in and the coins are too centralized in a mere 40 people who all know each other before it's launch.(As in 90% of the coins. Even worse than Bitcoin had during it's launch. There's no excuse for it now.)

Emunies on the other hand already has all the features, plus more, and as a Beta tester I can say it will be released fully functional. The coins are spread out widely amongst
the user base. The Dev is also a well known Google Engineer who has shown himself to be competent for the position. But that's just my biased opinion.

Protoshares are interesting as implanting some unique ideas not done in any other ult. This is a great time to buy as the value is down due to Angelshares absorbing a lot of the new money but that will change shortly.

CryptogenicBullion has not yet delivered their promise but is developing a blockchain to act as a database storage / function as a legal contract framework. Another unique idea not tried by anyone else. The value is very low as the MADEsparq Project is still in development but if the Dev releases it properly I see a game changing digital currency in the near future.

You should also consider some precious metals like Gold and Silver. It is generally agreed that the market has finally bottomed out and the slightest economic tremble from the US (such as when it is revealed that QE won't/can't be stopped) the value of digital currencies and precious metals will be sent into the stratosphere. Especially Silver.

It also gives you something shiny to play with when you are checking currency price charts and responding to the trolls that "bitcoin has no value".
Undefeatable

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:52:01 AM

Hello everyone, in January 18 I will finalize the selling of an apartment here in Brazil which I will receive R$ 100,000, about $42,000 dollars, which I will invest half in litecoins and half in bitcoins

In recent days the bitcoin and litecoin increased, can we expect a new "crash" ?

What is the better time to buy bitcoins and litecoins??

Opinions are welcome, I do no what I do, buy now or wait  Huh
Thanks to all

Buy immediately on Jan 18, but only 25% on Bitcoin and 25% on Litecoin, the other 50% use it for cost averaging in case it drop..

Lewis2

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:44:00 AM

Wouldn't invest in any altcoin, unless you are in it for day trading.

portalufonet (OP)

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:18:25 PM

Why everyone talking about January 18? What gonna happen January 18?  Huh
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:26:59 PM

That's when the OP's house sale goes through and they have access to the money? But it has been mentioned in unrelated threads too. I'm a bit stumped.
portalufonet (OP)

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:50:11 PM

Bitcoin gonna drop this month (january)? Do I need to wait to buy when It drop?  Probably gonna drop to Huh 500, 600 U$ Huh
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:50:24 PM

Why everyone talking about January 18? What gonna happen January 18?  Huh
January 18, 2013 was the day that Bitcoin hit $10 for the first time since the bubble in the Summer of 2011.

A lot of people looked at it as the day that Bitcoin started to head back up and was starting to go somewhere.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
Hashcesar84

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:10:01 PM

Eh, I wouldn't gamble too much with waiting for the next crash. You are still going to make more the triple in a few years if you invest right now (whether or not you are lucky and buy in at a crash). You might buy now, and next week it'll crash to $500. Yeah, you'll feel like crap, but in a few years, it's going to be well over $3,000.

It's not a matter of if you will make a profit, but rather how much of a profit. I wouldn't get greedy and take chances IMHO. Buy now!

that's what everyone here hope!
Hashcesar84

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:11:30 PM

Bitcoin gonna drop this month (january)? Do I need to wait to buy when It drop?  Probably gonna drop to Huh 500, 600 U$ Huh

I think so... Probably this month and February price could be around 700$
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:44:24 PM

This is not advice but what I would do. 50% bitcoin / 25%litecoin / 25% NXT on the first week of February. BTC and LTC will be down, NXT slightly up but very cheap and will be amazing long term. I would also keep an eye on ltc/btc during the year. Significant corrections will happen this year.

nxt is a scam , OP buy bitcoin and Litecoin stay away from crap coins that are not even minable

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
ThePatient

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:15:18 AM

Put half into peercoins..
st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:24:31 AM

buy litecoin and hold for a few months. scrypt/litecoin asics arriving soon price of ltc will skyrocket  Cool
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 10:56:56 AM

I would invest 50/50 in BTC and LTC This is my reasoning.

All it would take is for Coinbase to offer a direct LTC/USD exchange to cause a Litecoin boom in the USA. You would then see every business who accepts Bitcoin accepting Litecoin simply by association...

Think about it; If you operated a business who insta-sells all crypto for USD then as far as you're concerned Litecoin is no different from Bitcoin. Why would they choose not to accept it when the bottom line is still USD?

So the talk of Litecoin being silver to Bitcoin's gold will hold no water when the greater market with limited knowledge of either views them as equals. I think until businesses can buy product from distributors without first converting to USD there will be no distinguishing Litecoin from BTC in the eyes of a business and as such the greater market. Only after they are valued independently without that "common denominator" will they be viewed differently.

There are currently roughly 20 million Litecoins and 11 million Bitcoins in circulation. I expect that under the current situation the price of BTC will decrease by 1/2 and the value of 1 LTC will be about 1/4 of a BTC. Essentially the market would leverage as if there were 30 million Bitcoins floating around.

Of course the volume of trade is about to explode as growth and acceptance is on an exponential track even if the value decreases by 1/2 at any given time the boost in volume might cause the value of the currency to double, triple, ect... Also as the market share of BTC and LTC grows you open the doors to other investors who are dealing in much greater numbers. Think "offshore" accounts.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
madalo

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:18:31 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 07:27:42 PM by madalo

I would go 50% bitcoin, 50% bitbar
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:27:03 PM

I would go 50% bitcoin, 50% bitbar

Looking at the charts, bitbar is due to errupt in the coming months and could very well surpass the value of bitcoin due to it's scarcity.

Could we please stop with the silly 'scarcity' argument? Just because the final coin-count is a lower number, does not make the coin any more scarce. This argument only applies to physical items with limited divisibility, but crypto-currencies can be divided arbitrarily (the 8 decimal limit in Bitcoin / altcoins is just a technicality that can be changed if needed).

BitBar is no more or less scarce than Bitcoin, which is no more or less scarce than DogeCoin with its billions of coins. Utility and market acceptance drive value, not the total amount of coins.
FractalUniverse

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:38:19 PM

i would wait and try to buy below 600 gox not sure about LTC. but i am in on both with leveraged short (not big)

i believe you can get in at much better price  (i can be wrong of course, in that case i would lose on my trade) Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: