Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:23:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: which altcoins will become as popular as bitcoins?  (Read 1436 times)
jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:14:30 PM

'Gridcoin' - come on, you shouldn't be promoting ridiculous unheard of coins!

It's simple stick to BTC!!! if you must dabble in alts go for LTC, PPC and ANC.

Angry

If you read my post you will see that I used it as an example of something innovative, not promoting it. When you read a text you shouldn't think of something to write, you do that after you done reading. just a tip.. And if you haven't heard of Gridcoin you are still very new to this.

Fair enough - I would say using something as an example is the same as promoting it - Just gets a bit tiring when we are all here for BTC and there are so many coins out there purely to make a profit for the devs which goes against what BTC is all about. I agree competition is good but there are already some good coins out there, there is no need for coins used for a specific purpose. Of course this is my opinion so will not be agreed on by all  Smiley
johnangel

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 01:31:38 PM

I bet LTC will be big in the future. Even now its the 2nd most known coin after BTC.
wujor

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 01:44:38 PM

In my opinion, Dogecoin is more popular than Litecoin. Probably bitcoin will stay the most popular, but it has a 4 year head start.

i second that
nomoreheroes7

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

King of all the land

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 01:57:17 PM

Definitely LTC.
sol1dzer0

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:02:30 PM

Dogecoins will at somepoint ! We are on our way to the moon ! Smiley
bronsky666

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:09:39 PM

I'm quite new to the cryptocoin and mainly reading forums here and there ; on my side I see that some alt-coins have no real use apart from trading, whereas some other are both "coin + a real concrete project"

Getting more information on each 'innovative' coin is probably a first step in chosing an alt-coin :
- what is the project
- is the team really skilled or only here to do short term profit

then everybody has his own mind, there is not one answer ;-)
websmith

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:43:09 PM

At the moment all altcoins are in the btc shadow. btc rises so do altcoins and vice versa
rhN0m

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:59:46 PM

Dogecoins will at somepoint ! We are on our way to the moon ! Smiley

I find it hard to disagree with this, the dogecoin community does seem to be maturing and looking at how best to improve the use of the currency (for example, they're pushing for development of a client that won't need to download the entire blockchain, similar to electrum). Objectively speaking, the doge meme is somewhat endearing, and at the very least it's certainly one of the most well known altcoins besides LTC and perhaps a couple others such as namecoin.
testor123

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:02:28 PM

LTC, PPC
sniksen

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:38:34 PM

'Gridcoin' - come on, you shouldn't be promoting ridiculous unheard of coins!

It's simple stick to BTC!!! if you must dabble in alts go for LTC, PPC and ANC.

Angry

If you read my post you will see that I used it as an example of something innovative, not promoting it. When you read a text you shouldn't think of something to write, you do that after you done reading. just a tip.. And if you haven't heard of Gridcoin you are still very new to this.

Fair enough - I would say using something as an example is the same as promoting it - Just gets a bit tiring when we are all here for BTC and there are so many coins out there purely to make a profit for the devs which goes against what BTC is all about. I agree competition is good but there are already some good coins out there, there is no need for coins used for a specific purpose. Of course this is my opinion so will not be agreed on by all  Smiley

Listen. OP specifically asked about altcoins, so everyone isn't here solely for BTC. Don't join the conversation if you are tired of it. An example is not promotion, and it is really not a matter of opinion. The point behind coins with a specific purpose is to not waste the electricity it takes to run the network, which BTC does at this point. Then again, the electricity it takes to print money, run VISA/MASTERCARD, run ATMs ,etc. will never be less than what it takes to run the BTC network
amf

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:54:15 PM

Probably Litecoin.
Destrega

Activity: 60

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:20:44 PM

I'd bet on litecoin to. It the first and biggest scryptcoin
Blowmybarrel

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:43:54 PM

LTC
jerelimZ

Activity: 447

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:57:10 PM

I doubt any altcoin can be as much popular as Bitcoin. Almost all new users get into cryptocurency because of Bitcoin, most cryptocurency value and popularity is in number of users using it.

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

CoinExpertsDotOrg

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:23:38 PM

There are a lot of people getting into dogecoin, and there are a lot of valid psychological reasons for it. The sheer volume of coins is a big one - the brain naturally thinks 10,000 of something is more than 0.1 of something. Quantity is a lower level thought process, but value requires higher reasoning. We think this will make it more appealing than milli or micro Bitcoins, which sound smaller from a marketing standpoint.

Our team is betting that between that, and the relative steadiness of price that seems to be happening thanks to the multipools, will make it valuable to small home based businesses, and independent video game companies like the recent Zynga example.

We're betting on BTC, LTC and DOGE for this quarter, barring any major developments in any other coin. Smiley

Imnotsaying

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:02:50 PM

None will become as popular that is if bitcoin doesn't have any major technical flaws. They will all go up very slowing on the long term is my guess being bought by bitcoin millionaire wanting to diversify their cryptocoin wealth to protect themselves from a technical flaw or some kind of network faliure. That is my take on all this. Also one crypto could bring a major technical advancement and surpass bitcoin but I somewhat don't it looking at how things have been going.
949miner

Activity: 448

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:05:19 PM

+1 for litecoin

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-      
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_  
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██  
  ▐██▌                      
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:32:53 PM

I'd bet on litecoin to. It the first and biggest scryptcoin

Uh, memory's fuzzy but I think it's the second scrypt coin after tenebrix.

But yes, it's certainly the 'biggest' scrypt coin by most measures.

iamoverrated

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:58:40 PM

Dogecoin.

I know this sounds like a joke, but seriously, the community is great and it's being traded and used very frequently.  It reminds me of the old days of Bitcoin (when I should've listened to my friends and jumped into mining); people are using it on places like Reddit as a cheap way to show thanks or "+rep".   It isn't super valuable, doesn't take itself super seriously, and again, the community surrounding it is great, especially for those just getting into mining / cryptocurrency.  I look at it as a jumping off point to more valuable / widely accepted coins, such as BTC or LTC.  I see it outlasting the meme and possibly rivaling feathercoin in the near future.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: