Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:24:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning: Huobi has closed their personal bank accounts system  (Read 5552 times)
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:08:19 PM

When did the change occur, middle of the night on a weekend, or?  Bizarre timing.

Well, just a few hours until Monday morning business hours in Beijing.

Will be interesting to see how the Huobi traders react. (interesting to those of us who have dissolved our Bitcoin positions, an absolutely nail biting anxiety trip for the HOLDERS, at least those of them who aren't too dumb to recognise the significance of this).

What am I missing?  Houbi was accepting deposits to the CEOs personal account and now they aren't. Is that was you are saying is going to create an impending market crash?
jrretirement

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:02:45 AM

Funny how all these chinese news always come at a critical point for the market.

Great observation.  And who made this news?
+1. The Chinese seem to be playing puppet master over everyone now not just their own sheep (I mean people)! I kinda wish they would just get out of btc as they're screwing up a good thing!

BTC price should be heading north on the current good news overstock, newegg, new atm's etc.......
emanymton

Activity: 219
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:29:17 AM

Funny how all these chinese news always come at a critical point for the market.

+1. The Chinese seem to be playing puppet master over everyone now not just their own sheep (I mean people)! I kinda wish they would just get out of btc as they're screwing up a good thing!

BTC price should be heading north on the current good news overstock, newegg, new atm's etc.......
Fortunately things are not as simplistic as you are suggesting.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 01:33:32 AM

what the newegg news?

traderCJ

Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:55:30 AM

China still has me pretty spooked.  My hunch is there will be more bad news out of China before the month is out.  On the positive side, it'll probably be the only source of downward price pressure for awhile.  Elsewhere, we see increased adoption and generally a positive regulatory climate.
hyphymikey

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:26:35 AM

Great observation.  And who made this news?

what the newegg news?

A friend of mine that frequents overclock.net forums told me he read Newegg was thinking of accepting BTC. They are even selling mining kits now, so this would not surprise me. Let me text him and see if he can link me to any news.
Siegfried

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:31:41 AM

It doesn't matter. If the Chinese situation is affecting the bitcoin price in a negative way, all that means is that the long-term rise in delayed and people have more time to acquire triple-digit bitcoins.
traderCJ

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:33:30 AM

what the newegg news?

A friend of mine that frequents overclock.net forums told me he read Newegg was thinking of accepting BTC. They are even selling mining kits now, so this would not surprise me. Let me text him and see if he can link me to any news.

Newegg mentioned that they might accept Bitcoin in a tweet a few months ago.  That's the only peep I've heard about it.
traderCJ

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:34:44 AM

It doesn't matter. If the Chinese situation is affecting the bitcoin price in a negative way, all that means is that the long-term rise in delayed and people have more time to acquire triple-digit bitcoins.

Short term, it most certainly matters.  This can make the difference between owning, say 100 XBT or 150 XBT.
yomofo (OP)

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:42:48 AM

So why doesn't BTCchina use a business account?

also Huobi used to have 2 deposit options: CEO's personal account AND business account. Today they have ONE deposit option, the business account. the number of deposit methods has now been reduced.

Usually exchanges have press releases and announcements on positive news. i.e. BTCchina adopting bitcoin vouchers. This Huobi news came out of the blue.

hyphymikey

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:03:30 AM

what the newegg news?

Newegg mentioned that they might accept Bitcoin in a tweet a few months ago.  That's the only peep I've heard about it.

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2014/01/10/newegg-teaser-suggests-the-us-online-retail-giant-may-begin-accepting-bitcoin-soon/
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:10:41 AM

I must be interpreting the guidelines set forth by the Chinese government, because I thought the fact that it was being operated off of a personal bank account was the whole reason the exchange has been able to run.  By it being switched to a business account (although it seems trivial), it seems like only a matter of time where deposits will stop being able to be made on that exchange?
Walsoraj

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Ultranode

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:21:22 AM

Immediately converting bitcoin through a payment processor is not "accepting bitcoin." It is accepting fiat, both functionally and literally.

Newegg and Overstock are irrelevant.

You idiots.
traderCJ

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:38:31 AM

Immediately converting bitcoin through a payment processor is not "accepting bitcoin." It is accepting fiat, both functionally and literally.

Newegg and Overstock are irrelevant.

You idiots.

There is a lag between the customer purchasing XBT, transferring XBT to a retailer, then the retailer liquidating XBT.  Alone, this will result in a price increase.  Basic economics.
outofservice

Activity: 70
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:40:29 AM

Is this FUD or true that it starts Tuesday?

EDIT:  this is what I'm talking about..

Reportedly, China's central bank will begin on Tuesday, prohibiting personal bank account through recharge (company account temporarily restricted) to the BTC trading platform. The amount of each stock trading platform will handle domestic liquidation before Chinese New Year.
traderCJ

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:44:51 AM

Reportedly, China's central bank will begin on Tuesday, prohibiting personal bank account through recharge (company account temporarily restricted) to the BTC trading platform. The amount of each stock trading platform will handle domestic liquidation before Chinese New Year.

Source?
outofservice

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:47:51 AM

Source?

That's what I want to know. I can't find this in any of the articles, I think it's BS and trying to verify.
traderCJ

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:03:36 AM

Source?

That's what I want to know. I can't find this in any of the articles, I think it's BS and trying to verify.

Ok.  Where did you hear it then?
outofservice

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:12:43 AM

Source?

Ok.  Where did you hear it then?

BTC-e
oakpacific

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:20:38 AM

i was under the impression that they only had a personal account. have they had the business account all along?

All along, they used both accounts for a while.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: