Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:58:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Constant accusations of scam, eMunie public IPO cancelled.  (Read 10550 times)
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:01:18 PM

I see your points, but a lot of my time lately is just taken up dealing with endless FUD directed at me personally.

We all know the damage that FUD can create, especially if it goes un-managed and/or ignored, but by doing that, the flip side is that the development of the project and the time already ploughed into it suffers instead.

If eMunie was launched already and had a solid user base, then it wouldn't be an issue and could more readily be ignored.  That time has not come to pass yet, so to ensure the continued progress of the project, this seemed to me to be the best move at this moment in time.

Regardless of the FUD, I would like to see some form of pre-sale.

Also, I would like to point out that you would simply need to post a comprehensive article for all to reference in terms of the accusations.

There are certain limits to how much you can address the accusations, but consider that a nail in the coffin. I know it can be frustrating, but I urge you to display greater patience in dealing with these people.

This is a somewhat abrupt and unprofessional step.

As I said, consider some form of comprehensive article to debunk the accusations. Also devise the means to let people know you can't simply take off with the money. That way, when some other fool wanders in and starts bitching, others can simply point and link the article in question.

I look forward to the public pre-sale.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tonza

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:01:47 PM

I've been dignified here for months on end after constant attacks with much more insulting responses aimed at myself....plus these current events are personal attacks, not aimed at eMunie or its workings, so I think I'm perfectly just in loosening up my "professional etiquette" somewhat and calling a spade a spade.

Way to miss the point. Stop saying retarded
I too admit to using retarded as an insult at times so I am in no ways better but I try to.

Also, eye for an eye is not the best approach to conflicts.

WDC: WkJWjXjW5iyYT2t2wKYwuMtdHt7cRHS4ty
stas

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:03:16 PM

Emunie is a great protocol. We think this community has seen too many scams recently. We have tried using the emunie beta and it works very well, we have personally invested and it is no scam. That being said the prices are going to rocket due to the rarity increasing. People need to start doing research and stop being so paranoid. However, not creating a public offering will damage the reputation and the marketing of the protocol.

Kind Regards,

The Nexus Protocol Team.

Have you seen it?

Yes we have used the beta.

Kind Regards,

The Nexus Protocol Team.

May I see it, snapshots at least?!

Thanks

Sagefit

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 02:06:32 PM

As the person who takes care of Worldcoin's marketing I go through this same thing every single second of every single day. Every crypto goes through it and you have to hold you head up high and try to work around it or at least defend from it, never attack. This is a terrible move, sorry.

panonym

Activity: 266

Help and Love one another ♥

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:11:56 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2014, 02:22:31 PM by panonym

The main problem I see with eMunie right now is it's information disorganization.
You are completely overloaded with over/disinformation.
It also seems the core team view has changed pretty often too.

I read presell,
I read no fixed amount of coin,
I read coin will be generated once and for all with one IPO (the term presell becoming absurd)
I read more coin will be created later on to stabilize the price.
I read 600k$ have been invested by early betatester..
I read no sell nor prepresell have been done.
I read some have indeed already invested money
I read pretty much everything and it's contrary.

One important thing that you need now is: quality centralized information,
accessible to newcomer to get a real glimpse of what your project is and will be.

About your last move of cancelling the IPO, I don't judge.
I may even support it. IPO doesn't seem a reliable way to got in this cipherworld.

But about restricting investment to "individuals you do know and trust 100%", that is indeed a very unprofessional move.
Basically you announce that the original splitting will be amongst an elite of your choice.
Where you should seek the most fair and best wealth repartition (avoiding NXT-like at all cost).

All this probably takes you a lot of time.
'hope you will have read this message amongst other.
Really: don't rush your project. It's not a matter if it comes live only in 2-3 month.
Time need to be taken to improve information toward newcomer, and improving the original distribution ideas.

Many possibilities.
My personal wish: take time to consider proof of burn (lots of advantage).
Sole problem with it: original investment is from your pocket, making your reward too weak considering your work.
(That's XCP counterparty protocol style)
But this problem can be solved with additional idea build on top of your project.
Allowing you, the main dev, the other dev, and even the original betatester if you wish to have an additional reward on top of the main one.

Best of luck to your project.
Not ready to be lunch yet, please don't over-rush.
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 02:13:50 PM

As the person who takes care of Worldcoin's marketing I go through this same thing every single second of every single day. Every crypto goes through it and you have to hold you head up high and try to work around it or at least defend from it, never attack. This is a terrible move, sorry.

Granted, but there is a difference between the 2, WorldCoin has been around for a decent period of time, is cemented as a respectable currency.  

This move isn't an attack, it is a defense, which will allow me to concentrate 100% on what needs to be done RIGHT NOW as opposed to spending time tackling issues head on that are of no relevance to the project right now.

My thinking is that if I remove the call for investment, which is fueling these attacks, that is the best form of defense available to me right now.  At a later stage, and in a step to discard any doubts of scam, vapourware, or anything else of the sort, we can hold an open beta for a few week, THEN revisit the idea of a public IPO to achieve the distrubution and other goals that we had in mind here.

That way at least, everyone that is interested has the chance to test drive the system and make up their own mind.   At the moment it is a controlled beta, as that satisfies the development requirements currently, and that also is fueling this current round of FUD.

shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:18:02 PM

Granted, but there is a difference between the 2, WorldCoin has been around for a decent period of time, is cemented as a respectable currency.  

This move isn't an attack, it is a defense, which will allow me to concentrate 100% on what needs to be done RIGHT NOW as opposed to spending time tackling issues head on that are of no relevance to the project right now.

My thinking is that if I remove the call for investment, which is fueling these attacks, that is the best form of defense available to me right now.  At a later stage, and in a step to discard any doubts of scam, vapourware, or anything else of the sort, we can hold an open beta for a few week, THEN revisit the idea of a public IPO to achieve the distrubution and other goals that we had in mind here.

That way at least, everyone that is interested has the chance to test drive the system and make up their own mind.   At the moment it is a controlled beta, as that satisfies the development requirements currently, and that also is fueling this current round of FUD.

That sounds sensible.  Smiley
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:18:41 PM

Some trolls are trolling and you shut down the IPO?
The other 99% (no trolls) are sad now.
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 02:23:36 PM

That sounds sensible.  Smiley

Yeah probably the best move all round as its kills of the trolls and accusations, and would still allow the achievement of the goals originally intended.  It is one option I may consider.

Those that have lost confidence in myself or the project, I apologize, but when the amount of time you are spending on this kinda stuff has risen from 5% to 50% in the past 2 months alone, I had to do something.

The plan was the launch end of Jan/early Feb, but that is beginning to look unlikely purely due to spending so much time OFF the project....I had to do something.

Bill Bisco

Activity: 109

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:28:22 PM

Yeah,

I'm going to comment in here as someone on the fence of your idea.

Some people have doubts about your trustworthiness.  They post that you're not trustworthy, this currency is a scam, yada yada.  Well, if you're cancelling your IPO, you're only cementing the idea that you're untrustworthy because you're backtracking.  If you were trustworthy, then why would you need to cancel your IPO?  Cancelling your IPO makes you look like you were forced to backtrack from legitimate criticism.

TLDR: Cancelling your public IPO makes you look more guilty not less.  If you are a trustworthy person, then you should seriously reconsider cancelling this public IPO.

BTC: 1PVqE4eM8uBJ7Xb9rCsCLajp5YSi6p8oQ6
"Real Sharpness Comes Without Effort"
btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:28:34 PM

So if I get this right, you are essentially turning this into a premine? Because if you favoring those who invested over those that didn't, yet take that option away it is essentially akin to a premine, same as Nxt was.

I'm going to make the prediction there will be no public IPO, there was never any intention of being a public IPO, and that this whole saga is being orchestrated to build maximum interest in yet another scam coin.
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:34:25 PM

Yeah,

Some people have doubts about your trustworthiness.  They post that you're not trustworthy, this currency is a scam, yada yada.  Well, if you're cancelling your IPO, you're only cementing the idea that you're untrustworthy because you're backtracking.  If you were trustworthy, then why would you need to cancel your IPO?  Cancelling your IPO makes you look like you were forced to backtrack from legitimate criticism.

TLDR: Cancelling your public IPO makes you look more guilty not less.  If you are a trustworthy person, then you should seriously reconsider cancelling this public IPO.

Thats makes 0 sense. you want him to backtrack on his backtrack. Personally I think he made the correct choice
panonym

Activity: 266

Help and Love one another ♥

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:35:57 PM

my primary concern right now is system development, not investment.
Good.
My thinking is that if I remove the call for investment, which is fueling these attacks, that is the best form of defense available to me right now.
The way you did it with this post was far from perfect.

You best defense available right now is to announce any kind of investment is reported until ideas, development and public communication is improved.

Announce that investment form will have to be completely rethinked again.
(Switching from "sell", "presell", "IPO", "privateIPO", "no IPO" doesn't help.)

Yeah, simply officially announce that investment is reported until fundation are solidified.
No need to precise a date.
No need to precise right now that "it will be an IPO" or "it will not be an IPO".

From the glimpse of the mess I got today, you shouldn't plane a lunch before March.
Lots of work to do.
I'm happy to help with idea and discussion if that is wished.
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 02:37:18 PM

Yeah,

Its a valid point and I considered it before making the move.

But I would rather spend the large amount of time dealing with this stuff, actually getting the product ready and perfect, then revisit this whole idea later on when I DO have the time to tackle the FUD without ending up having to constantly delay stuff.

If people determine that I AM untrustworthy and dishonest from this move, so be it, that is up to you to decide and your own opinion which I respect.  I only hope that just around the corner when the redemption from that judgement arrives, you at least acknowledge it and hold me and my project in the regard which was initially intended.

fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:37:24 PM

So if I get this right, you are essentially turning this into a premine? Because if you favoring those who invested over those that didn't, yet take that option away it is essentially akin to a premine, same as Nxt was.

I'm going to make the prediction there will be no public IPO, there was never any intention of being a public IPO, and that this whole saga is being orchestrated to build maximum interest in yet another scam coin.
The plan is I believe to release a public beta before offering a new public sale which well dispel the rumors that a client / coin even exists (It does btw, I am in the beta)
Sagefit

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 02:39:01 PM

I think you're letting everyone get to you. The scam thing is not something that goes away. Heck even BTC still gets cries of scams, on a much larger scale than eMunie. You have to let it pass and sometimes it's better off being ignored.

Bill Bisco

Activity: 109

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:48:47 PM

Yeah,

But I would rather spend the large amount of time dealing with this stuff, actually getting the product ready and perfect, then revisit this whole idea later on when I DO have the time to tackle the FUD without ending up having to constantly delay stuff.

If people determine that I AM untrustworthy and dishonest from this move, so be it, that is up to you to decide and your own opinion which I respect.  I only hope that just around the corner when the redemption from that judgement arrives, you at least acknowledge it and hold me and my project in the regard which was initially intended.

I don't really understand why you need to be the one responding to all the criticism.  You're the developer.  You responded to it.  Now, it's up to your deputies and moderators to scour the forums and defend your system and reputation.  You should be beyond being the solo representative for your brand now.  You should not be even looking at the forums that much at this point, it takes too much time!  This should not be a reason to delay an IPO.

TLDR: Your allies should be responding to accusations and criticism, not you.  Your work time should be spend nearly 100% on development.  The time it takes to respond to criticism is not a valid reason to cancel your public IPO.

BTC: 1PVqE4eM8uBJ7Xb9rCsCLajp5YSi6p8oQ6
"Real Sharpness Comes Without Effort"
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 02:51:08 PM

Yeah,

I don't really understand why you need to be the one responding to all the criticism.  You're the developer.  You responded to it.  Now, it's up to your deputies and moderators to scour the forums and defend your system and reputation.  You should be beyond being the solo representative for your brand now.  You should not be even looking at the forums that much at this point, it takes too much time!  This should not be a reason to delay an IPO.

TLDR: Your allies should be responding to accusations and criticism, not you.  Your work time should be spend nearly 100% on development.  The time it takes to respond to criticism is not a valid reason to cancel your public IPO.

We tried that, and all that achieved was further accusations and escalation of the claims that I have something to hide because I was sending out my "minion" to deal with it.

Aside from dealing with this kind of thing, I don't post anywhere other than the eMunie forum, as correctly, I do not have the time.

maxidoge

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:55:17 PM

What the hell? Every big project has haters. Haters have 2 sides: negative one and positive(yeah) and positive side always win. Haters do "black" PR, promotion wins because every 1 man that emunie loose due to haters activity compensates with 2 mans that got info about emunie from haters and decided to risk or at least to follow news about it. So haters always help. Lol. But if you close public presale you will do damage to yourself. I wanted to invest. And now i am fucking angry, but reason are not haters but your decision. You reduce number of people who must create security pillow, destroying dreams of fair currency( nxt is shit) because number of owners of emunie at start must be as big as possible for creating stable currency. Also many people waited for this presale and now you with excuse of spending time on haters(why you even respond to them), now with this move of cancelling presale you just  said to your true followers: "Fuck you!" What the hell man.  I think you create bad situation. Haters win. Currency loose because of less presale. Thank you very much for your arrogance you just shit in our souls.
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 03:03:58 PM

OK let me share some info about how out of hand this is getting:

https://i.imgur.com/kyaWMfK.png

Also people purporting to blackmail me with this FUD (I'm guessing in an attempt to extract some of the investments from me)

https://i.imgur.com/hoBihIf.png

There is more, much more, and much worse.

This isn't your usual set of trolls, these are people with much more sinister agendas in hand.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: