Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:29:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Confirmed Bad News Sources Thread - No FUD, Just Facts!!!1  (Read 43540 times)
proudhon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:30:52 PM

Please use this thread to only post confirmed news from confirmed sources to help everyone understand what is obvious - bitcoin is in a downtrend to oblivion.  

My latest find comes, of course, from official sources in China and details how the Chinese government is planning a massive 99% attack on the blockchain.  I'll put the main points below, but anyone can check the facts from the source:

1.  Chinese offials delcare bitcoin a global financial virus
2.  Officials from other nations are in agreement with china China, including the US
3.  The Chinese government has millions of petahashes ready to deploy on the blockchain to destroy the protocol
4.  In addition to attacking the blockchian, China will sell all their mined bitcoins on MtGox

It's obvious bitcoin has gone as far as it can go, but any other thoughts about this devastating news?

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 03:33:22 PM

Really?

Do you actually *know* Chinese?

I thought you'd stopped trying to "short" Bitcoins way back - the recent news in China has brought back out your "uber inner Bear"?

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
freet0pian

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:34:32 PM

Maybe a serious thread on this subject would be in order?

And CIYAM Open you forgot your /sarc detector somewhere?

░▒▓█ welcome to freet0pia █▓▒░
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:36:31 PM

Is this satire?

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Kungfucheez

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:36:50 PM

Please use this thread to only post confirmed news from confirmed sources to help everyone understand what is obvious - bitcoin is in a downtrend to oblivion.  

My latest find comes, of course, from official sources in China and details how the Chinese government is planning a massive 99% attack on the blockchain.  I'll put the main points below, but anyone can check the facts from the source:

2.  Officials from other nations are in agreement with china China, including the US
3.  The Chinese government has millions of petahashes ready to deploy on the blockchain to destroy the protocol
4.  In addition to attacking the blockchian, China will sell all their mined bitcoins on MtGox

It's obvious bitcoin has gone as far as it can go, but any other thoughts about this devastating news?

I think China is intending to send assassins across the world to steal peoples hard drives and get everyone addicted to Ping Pong again
F-bernanke

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:37:19 PM

HHAHAHA, good luck with that
freet0pian

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:38:08 PM

What's up with all these people thinking Proudhon is serious? You might want to try use that excessive growth between your shoulders...

CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 03:38:38 PM

You missed the "uber inner Bear" comment.  Grin

(should have used a smiley - my bad)

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:39:39 PM

A day in the life of a Bitcoin short trader...  Cheesy

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
freet0pian

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:39:57 PM

You missed the "uber inner Bear" comment.  Grin

Yeah, wasn't 100% sure about your comment, good one Tongue

YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 03:53:06 PM

Yup, I've heard from some well placed friends in HK that there are mentions of PLA Unit 61398 already working on ways to cripple bitcoin. They'll likely attack the network aspect of BTC instead of attempting double spend. A vast chunk of btc's value would vaporise on the basis of it being vulnerable to delay even though it wasn't breached. The attack will begin any day now, I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't sold yet.
proudhon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:57:00 PM

Here's some terrible English language bad news.  Summary below:

1.  Overstock.com started accepting bitcoin
2.  They did $100,000+ sales in 24hours

The bad news is that despite this, the bitstamp price is below $1000.  This just demonstrates that bitcoin has reached its saturation point.  Even without governments planning large scale attacks on bitcoin, it would likely die this year anyway.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
proudhon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:03:51 PM

Why would China invest in destroying Bitcoin, when they can (or have) banned it?

Millions of petahashes? LOL have you put that into perspective ?!?!

For one million petahashes you need 40000000000 25 GH/s BFL Miners.
For one million petahashes you need 4347000000 230 GH/s Rack Mount Bitcoin Miners from BFL which don't exist yet.
For one million petahashes you need 1667000000 600 GH/s Mining cards from BFL which don't exist yet.

Or in the range of 999810000000 videocards Smiley

LOL stop with the FUD!

@anyone: Correct me if my calculations are off.

Calculations don't matter when we can check the facts from the confirmed sources.  Just read the link I provided.  It's all there in plain Chinese.

Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:04:54 PM

Since US companies and wallstreet are investing in Bitcoin would a chinese attack on bitcoin protocol be an act of war against the US?

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
Wilhelm
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:06:32 PM

Why would China invest in destroying Bitcoin, when they can (or have) banned it?

Millions of petahashes? LOL have you put that into perspective ?!?!

For one million petahashes you need 40000000000 25 GH/s BFL Miners.
For one million petahashes you need 4347000000 230 GH/s Rack Mount Bitcoin Miners from BFL which don't exist yet.
For one million petahashes you need 1667000000 600 GH/s Mining cards from BFL which don't exist yet.

Or in the range of 999810000000 videocards Smiley

LOL stop with the FUD!

@anyone: Correct me if my calculations are off.

Calculations don't matter when we can check the facts from the confirmed sources.  Just read the link I provided.  It's all there in plain Chinese.

I took back my post since someone said they we're attacking the network and not gaining >51% of the mining rate network.
Anyway millions of petahashes is rediculous.

NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:06:54 PM

Proudhon knows what he is talking about. Heed his warnings and be saved.
proudhon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:08:51 PM

In case anyone questions my authority on these matters, you can check out an endorsement here.

Wilhelm
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:09:35 PM

When I click the link from the OP I get this.... Bitcoin isn't even mentioned....

Notice of the General Office of the People's Bank of China 2014 payment and settlement system operation and maintenance arrangements

Source: communication   2014-01-06 17:23:08

China PBOC Shanghai headquarters, branches, business management department, the provincial capital (capital) city center Branch, Shenzhen Central Sub-branch; national development banks, policy banks, state-owned commercial banks, joint-stock commercial banks, China Postal Savings Bank; China Foreign Exchange Trading Center, Central Depository Clearing Company Limited, China UnionPay Co., Ltd., the inter-bank market Clearing Corporation, clearing center city commercial bank funds:

Now in 2014 the People's Bank payment and settlement system operation and maintenance notice of the matter as follows:

First, for the good operation of payment and settlement systems and institutions involved in the maintenance of front-end, with good promotion of second-generation payment system and central bank data centralized accounting system, payment and settlement system in 2014 will total 13 maintenance window opens , respectively, on January 18, February 15, February 22, March 22, April 26, May 24, June 28, July 26, August 23, September 20, October 25, November 22, beginning at 00:00 on December 13, 08:00 before the end. During the maintenance window opens, micro-payment systems, online payment interbank clearing system and the national check image exchange system to stop receiving business.

Second, during the 2014 Spring Festival arrange payment and settlement system outage 1, specific time: at 16:00 on January 30 to at 18:30 on February 2, suspended running micro-payment systems, online payment interbank check clearing system and the national image exchange system; at 20:00 on January 30 at 20:00 on February 2 to suspend the operation of the electronic commercial draft system.

Third, please arrange banking financial institutions whereby each system operation and maintenance plan in advance to inform customers and make relevant explanation.

Please People's Bank branches will be forwarded to the notice within the jurisdiction of the payment and settlement system of each participant and to urge them to make proper arrangements for payment and settlement systems and related maintenance windows open during business processing outage.

Payment and settlement system maintenance outage windows open and the implementation of case problems, please contact with the total liquidation of the People's Bank Center, Tel :400 -920-0988.

T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:09:40 PM

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:14:21 PM

Here's some terrible English language bad news.  Summary below:

1.  Overstock.com started accepting bitcoin
2.  They did $100,000+ sales in 24hours

The bad news is that despite this, the bitstamp price is below $1000.  This just demonstrates that bitcoin has reached its saturation point.  Even without governments planning large scale attacks on bitcoin, it would likely die this year anyway.

Actually Peter Schiff said exactly that!  That overstock accepting bitcoin as payment is bad news for the price because HODLERS  ( he didnt use that word) will spend their coins and will flood the market... Wink

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: