Bitcoin Forum
December 05, 2016, 08:56:43 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to reduce commissions MTGox and TradeHill  (Read 1147 times)
makko

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 12:52:39 PM

Hi Guys,

Whats the best way to reduce your MtGox and TradeHill commissions?

I'm currently 0.6/.54 respectively.

Do I just need to get loads of referrals to reduce commission? Also, what's the lower limit on commissions?

Cheers in advance.

Too lazy for a fancy sig.. Tongue
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MiningBuddy
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 1058

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 12:54:52 PM

Here's the info for Mtgox: https://support.mtgox.com/entries/20388551-lowered-trade-fees-and-volume-discounts
Someone else will have to fill you in about Tradehill.

makko

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 12:56:10 PM

Uber quick reply Cheesy

Cheers, I forgot to mention about volume discounts too.

Thanks!

Stefanie Andrea

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 12:51:10 AM

I get .5 I think on CampBX
makko

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 12:45:43 PM

Hi, I see the volumes are quite low.

I want to do some simple scripted trading for arbitrage where I buy on exchange and sell on another. I need to have both orders filled or else i'm potentially a big loss.

I'm currently just working on a proof of concept where orders will only be for like one or two BTC. Would I be safe assuming that they would be filled instantly for the current quotes on any exchange?

Thanks.

kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 12:39:59 AM

I want to do some simple scripted trading for arbitrage where I buy on exchange and sell on another. I need to have both orders filled or else i'm potentially a big loss.

I'm currently just working on a proof of concept where orders will only be for like one or two BTC. Would I be safe assuming that they would be filled instantly for the current quotes on any exchange?

Thanks.

No.  The depth reports are showing the past, and your order will be in the future.  The gap in time means that it is not possible to do this without risk.

Also, mtgox and tradehill have been moving in total lockstep with each other for several weeks now.  If there is an arbitrage opportunity between either of them and a third exchange, it is because there isn't enough volume for anyone to care.

p2pcoin: a USB/CD/PXE p2pool miner - 1N8ZXx2cuMzqBYSK72X4DAy1UdDbZQNPLf - todo
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
nmat

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 01:40:22 AM

Thanks.

Like kjj said, there are always risks with arbitrage. There are already other people doing it and if your bot is not fast enough your order will end up pending.

Tradehill doesn't get any better than 0.54. CampBX stated somewhere that they have unbeatable discounts for volume so, if you care to arbitrage there, you should contact them to find out what they can offer.

You might also be interested in reading this.
jwzguy

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 01:52:32 AM

I've done some tests along these lines and there is a significant risk that your order will not go through in time and be left hanging on one side. If you try to do one side at a time, and wait to confirm on one side you'll almost definitely lose the other.

There are several bots already doing arbitrage and they take care of existing gaps very quickly.

19wXnWTeGuraN9g5UsMAi119sWzDCQcr7S
Bitcoin Logo shirts!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.