Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:50:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Miners Reporting Much Lower Hashrate on P2Pool  (Read 850 times)
theonewhowaskazu (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:21:32 AM

Hey guys,

Just like many of you I'd love to be mining on a safer pool, like P2Pool. Unfortunately, there seems to be some kind of problem with it. I am using a KNC miner & blades, both of which are reporting significantly lower hashrates (320-490, about) when mining in P2Pool. Switch over to BTCGuild, and it goes much higher, around 550. Any idea what might be causing this? I'm using newest firmware version.

Thanks.

You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
theonewhowaskazu (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:32:47 AM

Bumping this can somebody please help? I'm trying with BFGMiner, improved rate ever so slightly but nothing major.

U1TRA_L0RD

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

CAUTION: Angry Man with Attitude.

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:04:46 AM

Its probably not the pool, Its your miner perhaps?
otsaku

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:38:45 PM

Have you tried looking at your hashrate in a calculator and see if your are getting the expected income.

On bitminter my hashrate swings much more than it does in the mining software but I get the expected income.

theonewhowaskazu (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:31:37 AM

I didn't think it was the pool either, but I've tried everything. I switch back to eligius / btcguild, and instantly my hashrate goes up by 10% plus. I have newest firmware. Somehow I'm doing something wrong, no way all the people mining on p2pool are giving up 10% plus from their hashrate.

The hashrate isn't swinging a lot, its just stuck at about 10% lower than should be, which is sort of big deal. I get the expected amount for the reduced hashrate. I really want to mine on p2pool but this is a major roadblock. 

U1TRA_L0RD

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

CAUTION: Angry Man with Attitude.

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:01:12 AM

I didn't think it was the pool either, but I've tried everything. I switch back to eligius / btcguild, and instantly my hashrate goes up by 10% plus. I have newest firmware. Somehow I'm doing something wrong, no way all the people mining on p2pool are giving up 10% plus from their hashrate.

The hashrate isn't swinging a lot, its just stuck at about 10% lower than should be, which is sort of big deal. I get the expected amount for the reduced hashrate. I really want to mine on p2pool but this is a major roadblock. 
Although I never owned a miner in my life ecept a few block erupters last year, Have you treid to restore it to factory firmware? Is it possible then reflashing the newest one.

I don't know if you want to try that.
dynaweb

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 05:32:14 PM

I get the same thing, P2Pool reports 10% or so lower hashrate than a standard pool.  Honestly I do not understand that full technical reasons for this, but P2Pool is unique in that it makes many "very easy" sub-shares for you and those all go towards making a real share.  The network is just guessing your hashrate so it is not accurate.  What SHOULD be accurate is that P2Pool should deliver equal or more coin for you in the end.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: