Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:22:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin bubble won't last without Beijing's approval  (Read 4727 times)
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 07:00:32 PM

I read the first 5 words and concluded it was written by some guy that knows absolutely nothing about bitcoin.

Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:05:05 PM

I read the first 5 words and concluded it was written by some guy that knows absolutely nothing about bitcoin.

Or some kid too wrapped up in his own delusions to know what or who he's fuckin with. This so -called article is nothing but a pathetic attempt at trying to project wannabe-wishes of those chinos who think anyone really gives a shit about what they say.

Yes, article is not only poorly written - it's frankly pathetic. Almost like reading through a middle schooler's daily dairies or something.
Dodgers

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:05:55 PM

As mentioned in another post..

If you feel strongly about the article, feel free to critique the author's work directly on his Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/andy.xie.economist?fref=ts
kromer

Activity: 86
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:06:47 PM

Bitcoin is fucked in China. This means a massive sell-off is on the horizon......

A lot of people are waiting for this opportunity. We don't need China as much as we think.

Pump n Dump on international scale 'The Wall Street Whales' will weep. Sub $100 bitcoin is coming around the mountain.

I doubt we will ever see sub $500 again.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:16:08 PM

Heard all this before the December crashes, but we have indeed seen sub $500 coins. Even without some Huobi inspired catastrophe, I could see Bitcoin trending down to low $600s, but with an 'event', crashing to much lower.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
kromer

Activity: 86
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:22:06 PM

Heard all this before the December crashes, but we have indeed seen sub $500 coins. Even without some Huobi inspired catastrophe, I could see Bitcoin trending down to low $600s, but with an 'event', crashing to much lower.

Without a catastrophe, why do you think it will trend down? Since adoption is growing all around the world, surely it will trend up?
Dodgers

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:37:13 PM

You're both pathetic backwater scum. Now take it somewhere else.
who is "both"
Take a wild guess....
Not paying to much attention to non-relevant nonsense tbh..... however I hope their parents come home soon.
I can only speculate that their Playstations don't work so they cannot heckle people on Call Of Duty or BattleField.....hence they come here to vent the abundance of teenage testosterone.....

As soon as the boy can work up the balls crawl over to his daddy with his head and eyes hanging low and asking for handouts because he got himself into debt he can't repay Smiley

On topic, bitcoin doesn't need anyone's 'approval', definitely not chinese one. Why should bitcoin care since it has been having ups and downs since the beginning, slow and sure upward trend, increasing bubble amounts each year, and growing userbase?

The only thing chinese did is to speed up the schedule of the inevitable large bubble. Even if every single chinese withdrew from bitcoin, the schedule will continue and leave china in the dust.

Going back to the article in question, it seem to be a lot more "anti" than previous articles.... if we assume that it was state sponsored/sanctioned, then we have to speculate that the tide is indeed turning for the worse.
Whilst i don't believe that china will be a deal breaker, i have to admit that it would have been in the best interests of the bitcoin community if China had got behind it, or even tolerated it's existence within their borders.
Honeypot

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:39:36 PM

who is "both"
Take a wild guess....
Not paying to much attention to non-relevant nonsense tbh..... however I hope their parents come home soon.
I can only speculate that their Playstations don't work so they cannot heckle people on Call Of Duty or BattleField.....hence they come here to vent the abundance of teenage testosterone.....

As soon as the boy can work up the balls crawl over to his daddy with his head and eyes hanging low and asking for handouts because he got himself into debt he can't repay Smiley

On topic, bitcoin doesn't need anyone's 'approval', definitely not chinese one. Why should bitcoin care since it has been having ups and downs since the beginning, slow and sure upward trend, increasing bubble amounts each year, and growing userbase?

The only thing chinese did is to speed up the schedule of the inevitable large bubble. Even if every single chinese withdrew from bitcoin, the schedule will continue and leave china in the dust.

Going back to the article in question, it seem to be a lot more "anti" than previous articles.... if we assume that it was state sponsored/sanctioned, then we have to speculate that the tide is indeed turning for the worse.
Whilst i don't believe that china will be a deal breaker, i have to admit that it would have been in the best interests of the bitcoin community if China had got behind it, or even tolerated it's existence within their borders.

As I said, we don't need china for bitcoin. If you observed the trends, you can clearly see that this current bubble was an ahead-of schedule anomaly.

If the chinese quit, bitcoin will return to its original schedule, and reach each bubble slower. That's all. There's little stopping its rise unless serious regulations are placed by larger and more powerful governments.
Dodgers

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:40:41 PM

who is "both"
Take a wild guess....

As I said, we don't need china for bitcoin. If you observed the trends, you can clearly see that this current bubble was an ahead-of schedule anomaly.

If the chinese quit, bitcoin will return to its original schedule, and reach each bubble slower. That's all. There's little stopping its rise unless serious regulations are placed by larger and more powerful governments.

Regulation is a necessary evil for mass adoption.......whether people like it or not

(sub-note) at the exchanges... as this is all they can control
Honeypot

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:44:30 PM

who is "both"
Take a wild guess....

Regulation is a necessary evil for mass adoption.......whether people like it or not

That is right. Unfortunately, too many day dreamers and kids on this forum bitching about the US government has yet to realize this completely. Where was all the necessary hate towards the PRC? They were the ones to first really beat down on bitcoin.

The big factor is not regulation - it's an actual shutdown due to extremely strict regulations. Some regulations will help bitcoin by providing stable and safer way for general public to get into it.

In conclusion, chinos can go fuck themselves. Crypto will continue, and will not need their 'help'.
Dodgers

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:48:21 PM

who is "both"
Take a wild guess....

That is right. Unfortunately, too many day dreamers and kids on this forum bitching about the US government has yet to realize this completely. Where was all the necessary hate towards the PRC? They were the ones to first really beat down on bitcoin.

The big factor is not regulation - it's an actual shutdown due to extremely strict regulations. Some regulations will help bitcoin by providing stable and safer way for general public to get into it.

In conclusion, chinos can go fuck themselves. Crypto will continue, and will not need their 'help'.

An almost rational reply.......totally spoilt by a racist comment.....come on HP...no one will take you seriously if you continue this path.
Most "chinos" i know disagree with their government policies that same way that many americans and europeans do.... please don't judge a nation based on the policy dictated to them by the few....
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 10:13:53 PM

Actually, the Chinese government was concerned that some Chinese people might get wealthy without being in their loyalty network, under control.  They want to choke off bitcoin in order to keep the Chinese people as slaves.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Dodgers

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 10:17:48 PM

Actually, the Chinese government was concerned that some Chinese people might get wealthy without being in their loyalty network, under control.  They want to choke off bitcoin in order to keep the Chinese people as slaves.

But....The Chinese have the resources (whether it be in Gold or USD) to buy vast amounts of BTC and have some measure of control... considering the "semi-pro" US response to BTC i would have thought that they would try to buy it up in order to control... as they are doing with gold reserves.... this would offer them some future-proofing just in case.....
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 10:51:38 PM

Andreas sums up the issue rather eloquently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kfYQhdUNXg&list=PLbSdnuFOLV4nMiQG9gvPBX_VQUf6E4COM#t=125
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:21:13 AM

Forget Andreas, I declare Honeypothead as the new voice of bitcoin

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
exapted

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:45:36 AM

Speculators in China seem really irrational, and people who don't understand cryptocurrencies may think Bitcoin is yet another fad. That is the sentiment that the article seems to attempt to capitalize on, and a casual speculator in China may believe it and act on it. While Bitcoin could currently be in a bubble, cryptocurrencies are not a passing fad. They solve hard problems, regardless of whether Bitcoin is currently in a speculative bubble. And Bitcoin has first-mover advantage. So the premise of the article is bogus and so is the conclusion.

That being said, without the involvement of China the value of Bitcoin will be lower than if China is involved. Also, whatever the central government of China decides, other countries' governments may follow their lead. And maybe another cryptocurrency will beat Bitcoin.
sayaz

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 12:07:40 PM

China takes BTC to $1200+

"WE LOVE CHINA!! ARGENTINA WILL LEAD THE NEXT ONE TO $10,000 MEBE!?!??"

Bubble bursts = FUCK CHINA! CHINA DOESN'T NEED BITCOIN WE WILL CONTINUE ON WITHOUT THEM. CHINA DOESN'T UNDERSTAND HOW AMAZING BITCOIN IS ITS THEIR LOSS IF THEY SELL. WHATEVER CHINA, SELL, ILL HODL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All you hodl fuckers grind my gears.

Kaiji

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Hoist the Colours

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 12:48:33 PM

This is what I was worrying about when prices passed $1000. As long as it stays near that value then its all well and good. If it falls all they way back down to $100 then it will be a major blow to bitcoin as an idea and commodity. Too many people will lose their shirts and they won't forget it. When the bubbles went up to $260 then they damage caused by crashes were minimal. If we have this tsunami of a crash then bitcoin will be leaving behind a horde of angry losers who will turn their back on bitcoin. For how many major bubbles can we last before we've alienated everybody who was interested in bitcoins?

If the prices fall to pre oct. levels then I hope it never jumps up to ridiculous amounts in a short amount of time again. A steady rise as businesses adopt it then fine.

Then again maybe my subconscious is hoping it falls so I can get cheap coins.
semaforo

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 07:06:12 AM

I think the naming of the android bitcoin wallet "Mycellium" is very appropriate. If you were to map the bitcoin network nodes, it might look a lot like networks of mycellium. And these "bubbles" are similar in their growth patterns to mushrooms. There are these phases where the mycellium saturate a new growth medium, or strata of population, and then explode, releasing millions of spores in the next wave of people who find out about bitcoin...
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 06:51:16 PM

At this point, haven't we already heard from Beijing that they don't approve?  And yet BTC price seems reasonably stable.  Is this thread just too old?  (Yet the discussion continues ...)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: