Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:23:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit for Legendaries and Mods  (Read 443 times)
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 01:01:31 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2018, 02:07:23 PM by mu_enrico

Yeah, some members got their merit just for being around for a long time, and don't particularly contribute high quality posts to the forum. However, that's fine you can't expect everyone to contribute solid ideas or information. But, these people will be highlighted because they aren't earning any merit points. Merit points only really effect those who want to earn from the forum. A newbie can contribute equally as much as a legendary.

Sorry, English isn't my native language so perhaps you get me wrong. I mean their post quality is good, but I just hate to admit it for some reason.

It's a major feature, and is still new. Years back you could get your rank merely by posting, and activity wasn't a thing. When theymos implemented the activity feature there were many threads. Especially, because a few people that were Hero Member got demoted. This is expected with any new feature that severely impacts the members of the forum. Unfortunately, such a feature limits the account farmers, and signature campaigns spammers so there will naturally be more people complaining, and pushing their ideas out.

Yeah, I know. This story kind of repeats itself in history. Niche forum becomes mainstream, then spam attack, then reputation point introduced, then illegal trade or abuse of reputation occurred, and finally lose to a dedicated platform. In this case, a dedicated bounty platform. It's similar to early days of e-commerce. This situation might be good for the discussion forum, but who knows? As you said, a newbie can contribute equally as much as a legendary in a discussion. So, I don't think merit point is a problem for a good discussion.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1585

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:03:31 PM

I think merit nowadays is really hard to obtain, I've been posting informative post before but still doesn't get merit from anyone who has to give. I don't really understand how it works, maybe you need to post a quality novel about crypto so that they can see your post, and at least they will give merit to you. I think helping people to rank up is more glorious than collecting all merits with your quality post. How about those people that do not know how to construct English, is there any way they can get a merit?

Look at my merit page. You will see that I give plenty of merit to non-English speakers.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: