Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:05:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ASIC miners from KNC  (Read 768 times)
libitum (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 02:17:58 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2014, 06:28:38 PM by MiningBuddy

Anyone planning to buy a Neptune from KNC? It is pricier, but seems more reliable (KNC has delivered lots of ASIC hardware already with no more than 1 week delay from their offers). It is also using a 20nm processors (Cointerra is using 28nm, then electrisitywise, the KNC is the more future proof from both).

In the KNC Forum there is a thread for buying their 3TH/s Neptune and getting 500 bucks rebate. Hopefully it helps someone reaching ROI faster!

Mod note: removed affiliate link

Reviews of Bitcoin Miners. $500 Rebate KNC Neptune Miner (http://www.libtium.com/?page_id=88/)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 04:56:31 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2014, 06:28:48 PM by MiningBuddy

Anyone planning to buy a Neptune from KNC? It is pricier, but seems more reliable (KNC has delivered lots of ASIC hardware already with no more than 1 week delay from their offers).
This is a preorder, it will not ship within a week.

It is also using a 20nm processors (Cointerra is using 28nm, then electrisitywise, the KNC is the more future proof from both).
Semiconductor process is only one variable. KNC's prior 28nm product was exceeded in power efficiency by some 55nm devices. The actual power performance is matters, not the lithography.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 05:05:51 PM

Anyone planning to buy a Neptune from KNC? It is pricier, but seems more reliable (KNC has delivered lots of ASIC hardware already with no more than 1 week delay from their offers).
This is a preorder, it will not ship within a week.

It is also using a 20nm processors (Cointerra is using 28nm, then electrisitywise, the KNC is the more future proof from both).
Semiconductor process is only one variable. KNC's prior 28nm product was exceeded in power efficiency by some 55nm devices. The actual power performance is matters, not the lithography.

With all due respect, at the wall I'm not too sure they did. I tried to get to the bottom of that at the time of launch so there was a fair comparison and received a mixed bag of variable answers and little evidence to back up claims of sub 1W/Gh/s. The November boxes eat for sure, but the original October boxes were 1W/Gh/s at the wall. I even toyed with one at 0.85, they can be down clocked. I expect to see other manufacturers doing the same, it makes sense over the long term.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 05:25:07 PM

Those machines wont ever ROI, so only buy if you enjoy donating to KNC and Bitcoin network

Instead do us this favor, go buy some Bitcoins. You will save $, and our coins go up in price. So win-win, instead of loss-win
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:12:39 PM

With all due respect, at the wall I'm not too sure they did. I tried to get to the bottom of that at the time of launch so there was a fair comparison and received a mixed bag of variable answers and little evidence to back up claims of sub 1W/Gh/s. The November boxes eat for sure, but the original October boxes were 1W/Gh/s at the wall. I even toyed with one at 0.85, they can be down clocked. I expect to see other manufacturers doing the same, it makes sense over the long term.

gmaxwell is right. Bitfury systems regularly pull .9 at the wall for complete systems. And that's a 55nm chip!!!

Buy & Hold
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 08:08:44 PM

gmaxwell is right. Bitfury systems regularly pull .9 at the wall for complete systems. And that's a 55nm chip!!!

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 12:13:31 AM

Reported from their threads, a Bitfury 16 board rigs @ 500 GH and a power draw of 475watts, plus danger of overloading the pcie connectors if you go over that. Not sure if there is a linear correlation between overclocking efficiency and W/Gh, would be interested in seeing what an October Jupiter pulls @ 500 and 400Gh/s to compare.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: