Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:39:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 [562] 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 ... 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946562 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
thcmakaveli

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 09:16:53 AM

Guys I just started spreading the word , that UTC is the future coin after all the gridseeds ( asic ) units and especially when KNC Titan appear on the market. All ppl with GPU have to farm something. Sha-256 ( impossible ) , Scrypt ( not profitable ), Jane ( perfect ). So I am jumping all in UTC and I will try to attract more and more ppl using GPU. If you guys help me, we could succeed.

P.s Don`t forget the troll boxes .... We can also write there

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fabietech

Activity: 298

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 09:29:06 AM

@Bumface

Bumface like you know Nu.nl is a big news site in the netherlands, meby you can contact them if they want to write a article that UTC is the first dutch coin that is better dan ultracoin!!

http://www.nu.nl/colofon.html

If you can get this to work.. where going to the moon Smiley

fabietech

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:44:47 PM

Do we know when the new N factor is kicking in?

Heard on the chatbox that it is delayed? somebody knows?

bumface (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 12:58:25 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 09:42:51 PM by bumface

a little bit sooner then announced, and i might edit it a bit or add things that i forgot but here it is:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi guys,

As you might have heard Jacoblight arranged for him and myself to go to the swedish bitcoin conference 2014 in Stockholm,and i can tell you that it was very fruitfull,and we will doing this more often since the benefits are numerous.

We have learned new thing things and consolidated old plans into a clear path and method of action.

I will make it clear what we are going to do,how we are going to do it , and why.

But let me summarise the event first....

There were many speakers,all with a different angle on bitcoin and crypto currency.It was very refressing to attend and i am very happy that Jacob contacted btcx on his own initiative and made me aware of it.

This is exactly the type of community member that i need and that i can rely on.That is why he has been appointed as event manager as of right now ( he has been rewarded 2500 UTC for making this conference happen and as a signing bonus,Xwebnetwork and Dcgirl have also recieved UTC ammounts))

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team UTC:

I am currently indexing and expanding the vital positions of Team UTC and the following are already clear.

Filled:

Bumface - founder/coordinator

Ziggy - secundairy coindev

Xwebnetwork - web dev.

Dcgirl - app dev

Jacoblight - Event manager

Not yet filled (recruiting)

-Primairy coindev (i wont let anybody mess with the code so this hase to be an experienced coindev with a proven trackrecord)

-Promotions manager (Invent new promotions and Team UTC will vote on it)

What were the benefits of attending the conference?

1:Coming out of anonimity as founder

i have chosen to go and be recorded and give up my anonimity for a very specific reason,proving the already existing credibility of Ultracoin.
While there are 100`s of coins only few people come foreward as the founder ,like Charles Lee.I believe that the time has come where UTC will evolve into
a credible coin for many.IN fact we did not encounter any negative reactions from speakers,delegates or visitors of the conference.
When you dont attend these things and contact the people by email that i have now spoken to face to face,you will be regarded as spam and you will achieve nothing.
We have now given a face to the world behind UTC, as well as prove that we have nothing to hide.

2:Make new relationships for the future.

As i have just mentioned people now know the person behind Ultracoin.I have handed out many buisnesscards with out informations such as the website,email and twitter,and i have
gotten the contact information from some important people,such as

-Btcx CEO   Christian Anderson
-btcx public relations - Thomas Larsson
-Kraken COO Michael gronager
-Bitcoin foundation Executive Director - Jon Matonis
-Ursium Founder,CEO Stephan Tual
-Pirate party founder - Rick Falkvinge
-Grecom - Gregor Knafelc
-yacuna - Stanislav Wolf

Many of these people were speakers and shed light on relevant angles regarding bitcoin and crypto currency,Jacob and i were delighted to attend and i was very gratefull that i could participate in the altcoin expert panel which was also filmed and can be found under this text.

Were there any things done or said at this time?

Yes.

-I had a chance to speak with Kraken COO Michael Gronager (who was also a panel member) and he told me one of their criteria for accepting new coins is becoming a member of the top 5 on http://coinmarketcap.com/.
I feel that exchanges of this quality and respectability can not afford to implement an unproven coin for it might damage their credibility and reputation,so this is understandable. However please note that he told me he would be keeping an eye on Ultracoin,and the future developements.

- Bitcoin foundation Executive Director Jon Matonis agreed with the strategy of Ultracoin as an arbitrage vessel because of the ultrafast confirmation time (i will  
  explain this strategy in detail below)

- Btcx CEO Christian Anderson was glad to see the person behind UTC,and got a good feeling from it.No deals have been made at this time but the chance of a future    
  partnership is realistic.
  We will maintain contact and a future partnership is a realistic possibility,however i should amphasize that their payment processor is a service for actual  
 brick&mortar retailers.Until the demand is sufficiant,it is futile to have actual physcal shops accepting UTC, since nobody knows what it is.There is a logical order of growth that every coin must abide by.

I can already hear the voices of critics saying "so you did not make a partnership with them for the payment processor"....correct and this is not a problem in fact this  
  is in our best interest at this specific point in time.
  Lets create an imaginairy situation where they did say we will implement UTC in the payment processor,and You could pay in Swedish stores with UTC.now people
  will say "what the hell is utc", and nobody would use it,discrediting btcx.
  This can not happen,so what im saying is if there was a proper knowledge base for UTC and a matching demand it would be another story,and this is why you must
  go to events to build and maintain relationships for the future..

The new Ultracoin roadmap will facilitate a renewed demand for the coin, expanding the userbase and making the value go up.

-Team UTC has been invited to the 2014-05-15 Bitcoin Foundation Bitcoin 2014 Amsterdam, Netherlands conference.
-Team UTC has been invited to the 2014-09-01 World Bitcoin Forum 2014 Bonn, Germany conference.

At this moment as visitors,and hopefully as a speaker again.

What is this new road map?

Strategy 1 : Arbitrage Vessel

As you all know Ultracoin is extremely fast,And we have created a new strategy as an arbitrage vessel.I will start contacting exchanges that currently carry UTC and i will request if they activate instant deposits and withdraws of UTC...
This will enable Ultracoin to become an arbitrage vessel for other coins.

For example:

litecoin is worth 10.3 USD on mintpal and 10 USD on crypto trade.(you choose which coinholding you want to expand and you have already placed LTC on the exchanges that have enabled instant UTC deposit and withdraw)

1: Sell LTC for UTC on Mintpal

2: Send This UTC as a value vessel From Mintpal to Crypto Trade.During this value transfer you have a 40 second window where UTC price could go up or down,this is an acceptable risk.

3: Sell the UTC for LTC (you are buying back LTC lower then your selling point and you have now gained the difference in LTC value,by expanding your LTC holdings).

To make this easyer we will create a page on www.ultracoin.net showing the arbitrage profit margins in % and dollar and btc,and arbitrage pathways between exchanges in the pair that you select
(as well as a compensation for inter-exchange UTC value)

This will all feature real time data,and an option to save your preferences.This is a multipahese operation

1: Show information
2: Create User profiles
3: Implement API`s from exchanges
4: Automate trading (browser or stand alone desktop client a.k.a bot)
5: 3rd party value vouchers (UTC secondairy block functionality ,like colored coins)

UTC as a arbitrage Value voucher (secondairy blockchain functionality)

1 - deposit BTC in the "bank", (a trusted and licenced money transmitter)

2 - recieve value vouchers built into the UTC blockchain for equivalent value of the deposit (2.0 functionalitys comparable to colored coins and so on)

3 - user places buy order for LTC on the exchange that has the cheapest LTC,Exchange A (Value voucher is instantly transferd to the exchange,its now an IOU)

4 - exchange A advances payment to the sell order from a Fund assigned to them by the 3rd party bank.

5 - User recieves an LTC value voucher and the sell order is removed from the orderbook of the exchange

6 - User BTC deposit is now transferd to the exchange,and purchased ltc is being transferd to the bank

7 - user now wants to sell the LTC on the exchange with the higher LTC price, so he sends the ltc ownership voucher to exchange B and the exchange sells ltc into the highest buy order.

8 - Now the actual LTC arrives in exchange B,a ccording to LTC transfer speed

9 - User sends BTC value voucher to the bank and recieves actual btc

this entire process takes just minutes, and is in time for an arbitrage opportunity, regardless of the coin species,The UTC acts as a value vessel.

No coin is fast enough for this,except Ultracoin and this will drasticly expand the userbase,since people like profit

This Arbitrage strategy will also bring a nice influx of users as well as extra revenue to the participating exchanges,and as i have mentioned before,Bitcoin foundation Executive Director Jon Matonis agreed with the strategy of Ultracoin as an arbitrage vessel.

Strategy 2 : In game purchace.

After the Arbitrage strategy has started and fase 1 is completed Team UTC will expand into the game community in the form of in game purchace (think of items and ranks)

The transfer speed of Ultracoin makes it possible to link an desktop wallet to the game plugin,that enables users to sell an itmen in game, and have the UTC in their desktop wallet within a minute.In game purchace is already possible but the payout

goes throug a central server,but decentralisation is one of the core ideologies of crypto currency.In a changing world the speed of things become more relevant.

The first game that we will initiate this strategy in is Minecraft,since the opensource nature of the Bukkit server software allows us to do this.So this will be an in game economy plugin directly linked to an UTC desktop wallet.

Examples:

-User A sells a minecraft sword on a survival server and the user B recieves payment withing 1 minute after selling.Now he can save UTC, sell it on an exchange, or buy new hardware on https://altoutlet.com/utc.

-A creative server sells a rank to a user for Ultracoin that has added functionality like world edit.

As some of you have already realised, this is also a strategy for expanding the userbase of UTC (like the arbitrage strategy).The minecraft community has  millions of users) For example Minecraft has just been downloaded 12 million times for xbox alone

This is also a multi fase plan:

1: Build & test the plugin

2: When this plugin is finished and stable we will create our own Minecraft server called "Ultracoin server", where we will showcase the functionality of this plugin by having a real economy around UTC.

3: Distribute the plugin to other servers (Server owners recieve a small fee from the transactions being conducted on their server as an incentive to implement the plugin)

In the best case scenario we will have this plugin ready and implemented on the Ultracoin server in time for the winter DreamHack Event. Our new Event manager Jacob is in communication with the management of this event and he is currently inquiring how we can participate as a deligate.

This is one of the largest PC and game related event in the world and will promote UTC.

After Minecraft,this strategy will be repeated in other games.

If you feel you are like Jacob , and you make something happen on your own innitiative , we welcome you into Team UTC with open arms,since this is exactly the type of community member that i like to call: The heroes of UTC.He has filmed the altcoin expert panel that i participated in as a speaker,and there was also a presence of swedish and russion television news crews (we have asked for the chanels where we can attain this footage).

I may be the founder of this coin,but without you guys UTC is nothing and worthless....

So please think about what you can do,

for example:

-Educate people about ultracoin in terms that they can understand and tell them how strong this community is.

-Show the transaction speed movie to everybody you know who knows something about bitcoin.

Next wallet update

The upcomming mandatory wallet update will feature:

-Blockreward to 20.(miners please note that if you hold for a bit and let the price rise you will make the same ammount as now and probably more)
-coincontrol (keep old coins, only spend new coins to increase users POS reward)
-N factor delay (at least 2 more years of GPU mining)

Event fund

Because of the numerous benefits of attending these things we need to keep doing this.This requires money for plane tickets, other travel expenses, sleeping arrangements and food and so on.

I will ask pools to raise their 1% fee to 2% and send the difference of 1% to an ultracoin event fund. New services will also have a 1% fee.I understand that it might seem strange to "tax" services but it simply takes money to make things happen.

UTC adress : UV65rd1p2D5TcAihXm4vdSWy89tTLajoEf

http://bitgo.pw:3731/address/UV65rd1p2D5TcAihXm4vdSWy89tTLajoEf

Another way to assist for this purpose is to  donate in BTC

BTC adress : 1H8rUGC3KMv7XnkJddD7XJRJQMDqmex7He

https://blockchain.info/address/1H8rUGC3KMv7XnkJddD7XJRJQMDqmex7He

When i have my asics i will use a large part of the gain for these funds,so Team UTC can attend more and more globally.

Now you can see why i said the trip to Stockholm has been very fruitfull,since we met alot of great people,got new ideas and have consolidated strategys as well as proven the legitimacy of Ultracoin by apearing in person.

This is the detailed roadmap for Ultracoin,and offcourse we will be doing more then this aswell (these other things can be found on the ultracoin.net bounty page)

Due to circumstances many of you are aware of,my workload became a bit bigger then originally anticipated,but as you can see i have now taken the time to adapt and renew my role as captain of this vessel.I have prepared myself to guide Team UTC for all the new developments and coordinate all efforts.

This and everything i have just stated above mean that there is absolutely no reason at all for this rediculusly low price....

As a sidenote, the name bumface has outlived its usefullness since i chose it to match the trollbox when i got into crypto.I will now be know as Michael or Michael_UTC.I will still be using the name bumface on various platforms,but not on conventions and official publications and such since this does not benefit the credibility of Ultracoin, that i have now proven.

This is the video of the Swedish bitcoin conference 2014 in Stockholm,i am the middle panel member in the altcoin expert panel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qMOcFzF2c4&feature=youtu.be

Michael

fabietech

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:14:16 PM

a little bit sooner then announced, and i might edit it a bit or add things that i forgot but here it is:

hi guys,

As you might have heard Jacoblight arranged for him and myself to go to the swedish bitcoin conference 2014 in Stockholm,and i can tell you that it was very fruitfull,and we will doing this more often since the benefits are numerous.

We have learned new thing things and consolidated old plans into a clear path and method of action.

I will make it clear what we are going to do,how we are going to do it , and why.

But let me summarise the event first....

There were many speakers,all with a different angle on bitcoin and crypto currency.It was very refressing to attend and i am very happy that Jacob contacted btcx on his own initiative and made me aware of it.

This is exactly the type of community member that i need and that i can rely on.That is why he has been appointed as event manager as of right now ( he has been rewarded 2500 UTC for making this conference happen and as a signing bonus,Xwebnetwork and Dcgirl have also recieved UTC ammounts))

Team UTC:

I am currently indexing and expanding the vital positions of Team UTC and the following are already clear.

Filled:

Bumface - founder/coordinator

Ziggy - secundairy coindev

Xwebnetwork - web dev.

Dcgirl - app dev

Jacoblight - Event manager

Not yet filled (recruiting)

-Primairy coindev (i wont let anybody mess with the code so this hase to be an experienced coindev with a proven trackrecord)

-Promotions manager (Invent new promotions and Team UTC will vote on it)

What were the benefits of attending the conference?

1:Coming out of anonimity as founder

i have chosen to go and be recorded and give up my anonimity for a very specific reason,proving the already existing credibility of Ultracoin.
While there are 100`s of coins only few people come foreward as the founder ,like Charles Lee.I believe that the time has come where UTC will evolve into
a credible coin for many.IN fact we did not encounter any negative reactions from speakers,delegates or visitors of the conference.
When you dont attend these things and contact the people by email that i have now spoken to face to face,you will be regarded as spam and you will achieve nothing.
We have now given a face to the world behind UTC, as well as prove that we have nothing to hide.

2:Make new relationships for the future.

As i have just mentioned people now know the person behind Ultracoin.I have handed out many buisnesscards with out informations such as the website,email and twitter,and i have
gotten the contact information from some important people,such as

-Btcx CEO   Christian Anderson
-btcx public relations - Thomas Larsson
-Kraken COO Michael gronager
-Bitcoin foundation Executive Director - Jon Matonis
-Ursium Founder,CEO Stephan Tual
-Pirate party founder - Rick Falkvinge
-Grecom - Gregor Knafelc
-yacuna - Stanislav Wolf

Many of these people were speakers and shed light on relevant angles regarding bitcoin and crypto currency,Jacob and i were delighted to attend and i was very gratefull that i could participate in the altcoin expert panel which was also filmed and can be found under this text.

Were there any things done or said at this time?

Yes.

-I had a chance to speak with Kraken COO Michael gronager (who was also a panel member) and he told me one of their criteria for accepting new coins is becoming a member of the top 5 on http://coinmarketcap.com/.
I feel that exchanges of this quality and respectability can not afford to implement an unproven coin for it might damage their credibility and reputation,so this is understandable. However please note that he told me he would be keeping an eye on Ultracoin,and the future developements.

- Bitcoin foundation Executive Director Jon Matonis agreed with the strategy of Ultracoin as an arbitrage vessel because of the ultrafast confirmation time (i will  
  explain this strategy in detail below)

- Btcx CEO Christian Anderson was glad to see the person behind UTC,and got a good feeling from it.No deals have been made at this time but the chance of a future    
  partnership is realistic.
  We will maintain contact and a future partnership is a realistic possibility,however i should amphasize that their payment processor is a service for actual  
 brick&mortar retailers.Until the demand is sufficiant,it is futile to have actual physcal shops accepting UTC, since nobody knows what it is.There is a logical order of growth that every coin must abide by.

I can already hear the voices of critics saying "so you did not make a partnership with them for the payment processor"....correct and this is not a problem in fact this  
  is in our best interest at this specific point in time.
  Lets create an imaginairy situation where they did say we will implement UTC in the payment processor,and You could pay in Swedish stores with UTC.now people
  will say "what the hell is utc", and nobody would use it,discrediting btcx.
  This can not happen,so what im saying is if there was a proper knowledge base for UTC and a matching demand it would be another story,and this is why you must
  go to events to build and maintain relationships for the future..

The new Ultracoin roadmap will facilitate a renewed demand for the coin, expanding the userbase and making the value go up.

-Team UTC has been invited to the 2014-05-15 Bitcoin Foundation Bitcoin 2014 Amsterdam, Netherlands conference.
-Team UTC has been invited to the 2014-09-01 World Bitcoin Forum 2014 Bonn, Germany conference.

At this moment as visitors,and hopefully as a speaker again.

What is this new road map?

Strategy 1 : Arbitrage Vessel

As you all know Ultracoin is extremely fast,And we have created a new strategy as an arbitrage vessel.I will start contacting exchanges that currently carry UTC and i will request if they activate instant deposits and withdraws of UTC...
This will enable Ultracoin to become an arbitrage vessel for other coins.

For example:

litecoin is worth 10.3 USD on mintpal and 10 USD on crypto trade.(you choose which coinholding you want to expand and you have already placed LTC on the exchanges that have enabled instant UTC deposit and withdraw)

1: Sell LTC for UTC on Mintpal

2: Send This UTC as a value vessel From Mintpal to Crypto Trade.During this value transfer you have a 40 second window where UTC price could go up or down,this is an acceptable risk.

3: Sell the UTC for LTC (you are buying back LTC lower then your selling point and you have now gained the difference in LTC value,by expanding your LTC holdings).

To make this easyer we will create a page on www.ultracoin.net showing the arbitrage profit margins in % and dollar and btc,and arbitrage pathways between exchanges in the pair that you select
(as well as a compensation for inter-exchange UTC value)

This will all feature real time data,and an option to save your preferences.This is a multipahese operation

1: Show information
2: Create User profiles
3: Implement API`s from exchanges
4: Automate trading (browser or stand alone desktop client a.k.a bot)

No coin is fast enough for this,except Ultracoin and this will drasticly expand the userbase,since people like profit

This Arbitrage strategy will also bring a nice influx of users as well as extra revenue to the participating exchanges,and as i have mentioned before,Bitcoin foundation Executive Director Jon Matonis agreed with the strategy of Ultracoin as an arbitrage vessel.

Strategy 2 : In game purchace.

After the Arbitrage strategy has started and fase 1 is completed Team UTC will expand into the game community in the form of in game purchace (think of items and ranks)

The transfer speed of Ultracoin makes it possible to link an desktop wallet to the game plugin,that enables users to sell an itmen in game, and have the UTC in their desktop wallet within a minute.In game purchace is already possible but the payout

goes throug a central server,but decentralisation is one of the core ideologies of crypto currency.In a changing world the speed of things become more relevant.

The first game that we will initiate this strategy in is Minecraft,since the opensource nature of the Bukkit server software allows us to do this.So this will be an in game economy plugin directly linked to an UTC desktop wallet.

Examples:

-User A sells a minecraft sword on a survival server and the user B recieves payment withing 1 minute after selling.Now he can save UTC, sell it on an exchange, or buy new hardware on https://altoutlet.com/utc.

-A creative server sells a rank to a user for Ultracoin that has added functionality like world edit.

As some of you have already realised, this is also a strategy for expanding the userbase of UTC (like the arbitrage strategy).The minecraft community has  millions of users) For example Minecraft has just been downloaded 12 million times for xbox alone

This is also a multi fase plan:

1: Build & test the plugin

2: When this plugin is finished and stable we will create our own Minecraft server called "Ultracoin server", where we will showcase the functionality of this plugin by having a real economy around UTC.

3: Distribute the plugin to other servers (Server owners recieve a small fee from the transactions being conducted on their server as an incentive to implement the plugin)

In the best case scenario we will have this plugin ready and implemented on the Ultracoin server in time for the winter DreamHack Event. Our new Event manager Jacob is in communication with the management of this event and he is currently inquiring how we can participate as a deligate.

This is one of the largest PC and game related event in the world and will promote UTC.

After Minecraft,this strategy will be repeated in other games.

If you feel you are like Jacob , and you make something happen on your own innitiative , we welcome you into Team UTC with open arms,since this is exactly the type of community member that i like to call: The heroes of UTC.He has filmed the altcoin expert panel that i participated in as a speaker,and there was also a presence of swedish and russion television news crews (we have asked for the chanels where we can attain this footage).

I may be the founder of this coin,but without you guys UTC is nothing and worthless....

So please think about what you can do,

for example:

-Educate people about ultracoin in terms that they can understand and tell them how strong this community is.

-Show the transaction speed movie to everybody you know who knows something about bitcoin.

Next wallet update

The upcomming mandatory wallet update will feature:

-Blockreward to 20.(miners please note that if you hold for a bit and let the price rise you will make the same ammount as now and probably more)
-coincontrol (keep old coins, only spend new coins to increase users POS reward)
-N factor delay (at least 2 more years of GPU mining)

Event fund

Because of the numerous benefits of attending these things we need to keep doing this.This requires money for plane tickets, other travel expenses, sleeping arrangements and food and so on.

I will ask pools to raise their 1% fee to 2% and send the difference of 1% to an ultracoin event fund. New services will also have a 1% fee.I understand that it might seem strange to "tax" services but it simply takes money to make things happen.

UTC adress : UV65rd1p2D5TcAihXm4vdSWy89tTLajoEf

http://bitgo.pw:3731/address/UV65rd1p2D5TcAihXm4vdSWy89tTLajoEf

Another way to assist for this purpose is to  donate in BTC

BTC adress : 1H8rUGC3KMv7XnkJddD7XJRJQMDqmex7He

https://blockchain.info/address/1H8rUGC3KMv7XnkJddD7XJRJQMDqmex7He

When i have my asics i will use a large part of the gain for these funds,so Team UTC can attend more and more globally.

Now you can see why i said the trip to Stockholm has been very fruitfull,since we met alot of great people,got new ideas and have consolidated strategys as well as proven the legitimacy of Ultracoin by apearing in person.

This is the detailed roadmap for Ultracoin,and offcourse we will be doing more then this aswell (these other things can be found on the ultracoin.net bounty page)

Due to circumstances many of you are aware of,my workload became a bit bigger then originally anticipated,but as you can see i have now taken the time to adapt and renew my role as captain of this vessel.I have prepared myself to guide Team UTC for all the new developments and coordinate all efforts.

This and everything i have just stated above mean that there is absolutely no reason at all for this rediculusly low price....

As a sidenote, the name bumface has outlived its usefullness since i chose it to match the trollbox when i got into crypto.I will now be know as Michael or Michael_UTC.I will still be using the name bumface on various platforms,but not on conventions and official publications and such since this does not benefit the credibility of Ultracoin, that i have now proven.

This is the video of the Swedish bitcoin conference 2014 in Stockholm,i am the middle panel member in the altcoin expert panel

Michael

Michael great job men! Smiley and vey nice to have a face behind the coin!! think where going to the right direction Smiley

weblog

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 01:17:56 PM

Great news for UTC community
SxC

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:31:54 PM

love the idea about the game's minecraft etc
nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:36:21 PM

hello im new to mining and just added a 2nd gpu.. my 1st gpu works fine. but now that i added a new one, both my gpu is OFF

using asus 280x v2 as 1st gpu, and 280x toxic as 2nd gpu

heres the settings on my miner

ultracoinminer -o stratum+tcp://ultra.nitro.org:3337 -u user.1 -p pass1 --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://ultra.leetpools.com:3333 -u user.1 -p pass1 --scrypt-jane --sj-nfmin 4 --sj-nfmax 30 --sj-time 1388361600 --failover-only --no-submit-stale --thread-concurrency 16384 --intensity 12 --lookup-gap 2 --worksize 256 -g 2 --gpu-engine 1180 --gpu-fan 80 --gpu-powertune 20 --gpu-memclock 1500 --temp-overheat 90 --temp-cutoff 90

does anybody know a fix?? thanks!
Add the highlighted part at the beginning of your bat file and remove the highlighted --failover-only and see if that helps. I also believe the correct term is fallover not failover.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.
bumface (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 01:41:34 PM

Please welcome http://www.cryptokk.com/ and https://www.europex.eu/ to the Ultracoin family!!

ivanlabrie

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:42:21 PM

Excellent news, except for this part: "-N factor delay (at least 2 more years of GPU mining)"

WHAT!?

What exactly does that mean? I can gpu mine coins well into n factor 15...come on!
nanoprobe
Legendary

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:49:40 PM

Excellent news, except for this part: "-N factor delay (at least 2 more years of GPU mining)"

WHAT!?

What exactly does that mean? I can gpu mine coins well into n factor 15...come on!
Where does it say 2 more years?

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
nanoprobe
Legendary

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:53:06 PM

no luck same hash rate

I have 4 asus R9 280x cards and i am getting tatal 8k/h with the following settings can some one help me with correct settings

ultracoinminer --scrypt-jane --sj-nfmin 4 --sj-nfmax 30 --sj-time 1388361600 -o stratum+tcp://pickaxe.pool.pm:3306 -u xxx -p xxx -w 256,256,256,256 -I 13,13,13,13 -g 2 --lookup-gap 2,2,2,2 --gpu-powertune -20,-20,-20,-20 --temp-overheat 85,85,85,85 --temp-cutoff 90,90,90,90 --gpu-memclock 1500,1500,1500,1500 --gpu-engine 1000,1000,1000,1000 --thread-concurrency 8191,8191,8191,8191

I 12 and thread-concurrency 16384
Try lookup-gap 0 and then restart your computer then restart the miner.

SxC

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 02:05:10 PM

WHAT!?

The nfactor changes was going to fast to early

We need to be able to take ppl in july that gpu mine

And the way UTC was going that would'nt happen.

So bumface is rolling back to an earlier nfactor or just increasing the time before the next changes happen
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 02:09:48 PM

WHAT!?

So bumface is rolling back to an earlier nfactor or just increasing the time before the next changes happen

That sounds pretty bad to me...rolling back n factor ugh.

Whatever, I hope it helps increase popularity but that kills it for me. I think it'll introduce a new generation of dumpers that won't give a dang for the coin, whereas higher n factors would keep dedicated miners onboard.
nanoprobe
Legendary

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 02:14:39 PM

WHAT!?

Whatever, I hope it helps increase popularity but that kills it for me. I think it'll introduce a new generation of dumpers that won't give a dang for the coin, whereas higher n factors would keep dedicated miners onboard.
Can't please everybody. How would higher n factors make any difference to "dedicated miners"?

TR8888

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 02:21:00 PM

Nice write up Michael Smiley

At what block will the reward change to 20?

Will the current nfactor stay for 2 years more? Or will it change tonight as planned and stay at nfactor 12 for 2 years instead of 49 days?
Protagonus

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 02:33:45 PM

Michael

Excellent work, meeting and update!!  Very nice to see all the plans moving forward.  Also it was nice to put a face to the bum;  as it were.

Sounds good bumface.

When the next nfactor hits, Can we expect cpu-mining to be a bit more realistic?

expect an N factor delay withing some time Smiley (extending the gpu era)

UTC being the only scrypt-chacha coin on its own schedule makes me sad.  I was looking forward to seeing how your momentum did when people had to figure out how to mine at N=13 and 14...

WHAT!?

The change was made to not follow the same fate as Yacoin.  There is absolutely no reason to increase N to such high levels so fast.  I guess thirtybird gave one "I was looking forward to seeing how your momentum did when people had to figure out how to mine at N=13 and 14"   not sure I would want to design a coin "just to see if you could mine it".  Higher N factors hurt network security more than a concern of miners dumping a few coins.  Also, keeping lower N's will allow a larger base instead of just "keep dedicated miners onboard."

UTC does not want to follow the detrimental path Yacoin is on and stuck with.  Verification of this can be seen here:  http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=alltime&resolution=day&pair=yac-btc&market=cryptsy

You guys seem to want UTC to:
-Drive away miners
-Perpetually loose value rather than increase
-Run N factors that are resistant to devices that won't be produced for years if not a decade. (n 14-15)
-have no long-term network security

If we wanted these aspects there is always Yac..........
gg234

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 02:34:34 PM

Tried no luck and thaks for your reply

no luck same hash rate

I have 4 asus R9 280x cards and i am getting tatal 8k/h with the following settings can some one help me with correct settings

ultracoinminer --scrypt-jane --sj-nfmin 4 --sj-nfmax 30 --sj-time 1388361600 -o stratum+tcp://pickaxe.pool.pm:3306 -u xxx -p xxx -w 256,256,256,256 -I 13,13,13,13 -g 2 --lookup-gap 2,2,2,2 --gpu-powertune -20,-20,-20,-20 --temp-overheat 85,85,85,85 --temp-cutoff 90,90,90,90 --gpu-memclock 1500,1500,1500,1500 --gpu-engine 1000,1000,1000,1000 --thread-concurrency 8191,8191,8191,8191

I 12 and thread-concurrency 16384
Try lookup-gap 0 and then restart your computer then restart the miner.
casacup

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 02:39:07 PM

do you know that the italian translation is a google translation?

Tip address: 1GYTY2pW98LWPtv5Zq5HmvZBRpZoadwetw
TheStuhlman
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

https://twitter.com/JStuhlman

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 02:46:32 PM

WHAT!?

Nfactor is not implemented to be GPU resistant but ASICS resistant, the way Nfactor is implemented in UTC is a bit too quick for the coin's long term popularity. Remember this coin as well as other anti ASICS coins are supposed to benefit from the migration of GPU miners quitting LTC and other Scrypt based coins. The benefit would come with increased hashrate without the ability of ASICS to control the mining process. However, there is no delay as far as I see for the next Nfactor as that hardfork is not ready yet. So I am afraid we still need the skills of Untalented on this upcoming Nfactor to give us the best settings  Grin
I am glad to hear about the new upcoming update, hopefully we won't have to deal the skewed hashrate we have now. I am also interested in knowing if the PoS implementation in UTC will be left as is? will there be an adjustment? as it stands now, UTC destroys fees for PoS which in reality can not be collected. I am not a fan of PoS, but this is a PoS coin, I think if you decide to fix PoS you need to account for that in the total coins generated, also there needs to be a coin control implemented. Maybe put the PoS time period on a community vote.

Pages: « 1 ... 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 [562] 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 ... 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: