Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:42:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 [535] 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 ... 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946562 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:20:41 PM

I've gone through lots of N changes with YAC and until the coin goes past n factor 12, gpu miners will rape since it's easy to setup.
Once we get past that threshold, it'll get harder and harder to tweak and better for the small guy.

I think that's a big selling point, n factor changes alone introduce better coin distribution, avoiding multipool dumps, big centralization of coins in small groups, and gradually equalize the mining power of cpu and gpus, even within high and low end gpu owners.

That in itself is huge, say you have an R7 240 2gb like I do, and you want to mine YAC right now. You'll get 2.5kh/s out of it if you know how to tweak it, while some guy with an R9 270 2gb will only get 2.7kh/s out of it, and a guy with a GTX 780 will get 7kh/s.

Compare the cost of those cards, and the coins mined per day, it makes the coin way GREENER and easily distributable amongst people of varying wallet sizes :p, no need to own a farm to mine some UTC after N 12. Anyone can, and it'll be way more efficient if you use lower end gear like an integrated gpu inside your AMD apu or an R7 240 2gb or similar card that draws only 25w whilst mining.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Protagonus

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:28:37 PM

Ah, still it's there.  You can easily tell a miner from a holder.

The miners, seem concerned about dropping reward to 10 and they should be.   Dropping that dramatically, one single aspect, is likely to forever drive miners away.  
The traders, seem excited about dropping reward to 10 and they should be.   Everyone whom held X amount of coins based on current mint rate / would "hypothetically" have 5 times more "weight".

I had posted on the UTC forum;  a hopeful compromise to accomplish nearly the same thing without such a large miner shock.  In the end, it's rather semantics as to which method would be preferred.
 I had suggested:
-Shortening the Time for POS to 6 or 3 months,
-Increasing the time between N targets by 2 at minimum,
-Increasing block time to 45 seconds
-Dropping reward to  25 slowly in 5 coin increments over a few days each.

This could all be done in one single fork and changed in a systematic fashion for subtle adjustment.  If POS, N factor and block time were all changed at once to start (while coding coin drop) there would be no need to fork again later.  As well,  lengthening the N targets and shortening stake reward will help to attract miners / holders;  offsetting some of the "shock" from the change.   In a few days to week, the coin per block could drop at set intervals, allowing the market to adjust.  There are tangible, viable reasons to extend block time slightly which were provided on the forum.   UTC is not currently the fastest, nor would it be over a longer period of time;  this should not be held onto as some "unique" concept to UTC.

I only point this out here, so possibly those who don't see the forum can give their take on this.  Personally I would have a very hard time mining if it was 10 per block.  There is almost no chance I would mine after next N change in less than 2 weeks.  There's a snowball chance in heck, that I (nor most) would mine after December when reward would go to 5.

If both variations of these suggestions were released as a new coin;  I doubt there would be much question which people would mine.

Coin A:
-100 million total coins  
-Fast N targeting scrypt-jane
-POS 20% in 12 months
-10 coin reward
-Halving in 11 months
-30 second blocks

Coin B:
-100 Million total coins
-Slow N targeting scrypt-chacha
-POS 5% in 3 months
-25 coin reward
-Halving in 11 months
-45 second blocks

With the multipool Idea,  I'm completely against it in any forms.  (though I may be the only one)

There are 2 main precepts for "what makes a crypto, crypto".
1.  A decentralized network of peers with no connection or trust to each other.
2.  A system of verifying and validating transactions, safely and securely.

Ancillary to this, is the coin reward.  Satoshi understood and commented that there has to be a reason / incentive for the network to get support and security without any underlying current value.  The coin reward is the way he accomplished this.  The reason block rewards drop when they do;  is because the network was intended be large enough by each drop to warrant continued mining.  When rewards stop, the only way people would still mine;  is if there was large / global adoption and transaction fees (by that time) would nearly equal (or be greater to) the rewards from the last blocks.  If BTC is not used in any great degree nor has any great value by the time coin reward ends;  then BTC would be dead, as 1. and 2. above cannot occur.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=48.msg329#msg329
Right.  Otherwise we couldn't have a finite limit of 21 million coins, because there would always need to be some minimum reward for generating.  In a few decades when the reward gets too small, the transaction fee will become the main compensation for nodes.  I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.

The main point here, is that you are essentially bypassing the core aspects of crypto entirely (1 and 2 above) and could never have security.   In fact, the multipool is quite detrimental to a coin;  as if it ever gains any "real" value, it would cost almost nothing to break with such low hash rate.  Also, the mulitpool does not solve our low difficutly / miners currently; nor would it have any affect on it.  Whenever you stop the multipool, then you are stuck back at the same place we are now;  and thus would "solve" nothing.  Well, I guess, most technically you would have helped the security and value of whatever coins you mined instead of UTC.

The only reason BC has gotten away with it, is because there are no more miners and it would be dead otherwise.  However, again this just serves the traders / stake holders and they would be happy to run this as long as there are fools greater to keep it going.  Again though;  there can be NO long term viability for the coin as it does not promote, encourage, or have the core crypto concepts.

These are just thoughts and I'm not saying "it must be this way".

Whatever is chosen,  please, first consider that you are trying to Encourage network size (strength) for long-term growth and viability.  This should be the most important aspect, if we truly want the coin to survive many years to come.
ultrasmart

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:49:34 PM

Decreasing reward only benefits the people who mined/bought UTC before the fork.
It does not really benefit the coin itself nor for the new miners / investors.
Don't just think that reducing the block reward is the answer. It's not.
Doesn't matter what the block reward is, if people want it, demand will increase.

Ultracoin is in a situation like many other generic altcoins.
It needs something to make it really stand out from the crowd.
Speed is great but it's not enough to create any buzz.

We need bigger scale (expensive unfortunately) marketing technique that creates global news headlines.
Something of a very big scale.

Some wild examples:
1. Ultracoin ATMs (buy Ultracoins using BTC/LTC/FIAT, withdraw only cash)
2. Major partnership with a global payment processing company. (e.g. Paypal)
3. Creation of an Ultracoin payment processing company. (ala Bitpay)
4. Celebrity endorsement. Send them like 20000+ Ultracoins. =p
5. Multipool that mines Scrypt and exchanges for BTC to but UTC. (Like Blackcoin)

But yeah, Ultracoin still needs a stronger foundation of apps/services around it.
More mobile apps, games, sites, better desktop app, p2p pools etc etc etc.

My 2 cents...

You guys need to listen to this advice.

1.  Great job on the charts btw dcgirl.

2.  UTC already has a bad rep because of premine, dev using btc-e to promote, blah blah blah, etc.  While this reputation is associated with the ignorant, why would we fuel the fire by altering to the coin to benefit current holders?  This is such a bad idea its not even funny.  Just imagine the BS that would be spammed in the forums and the trollboxes. 

3.  Just want to say that NOTHING demonstrates the community's confidence in UTC and the dev team like voting to make serious changes to the coin itself.  Ultracoin is Ultracoin.  If you want it to be something different, go make your own coin! ...or invest elsewhere. 

4.  Can we agree that Promotion (marketing) is the key here.  All of the "good idea fairies" flapping around on the forum are much appreciated but "we need to promote" has been said again and again -and people continue to try and come up with other ideas second class.  Promote. Stop thinking and start "doing". 

5.  And get off of the UTC prices already.  Holy crap.  If the prices was .00035, everyone would be wishing they bought at .00020.  The price is where you want it to be! Stop complaining and buy it up.  If your not confident enough to do that, then what are you doing here?...   Unless you are already all in UTC or have a tremendous desire to keep buying crypto at the top Smiley

Bonus:  UTC has to be promoted where our target traffic is present.  The people that don't know about it are the target audience.  So, searchable UTC anything is irrelevant.  Try bitcoin, litecoin videos with UTC hype, etc.  Promote where the ignorant are sure to see it, grab their attention, appeal to their curiosity, fuel their greed if need be.  Introduce UTC to crypto newbies.  Let them get a taste of transaction speeds.  UTC is coming.  Hide your kids, hide your wife.

"Sound and prudent judgment based on a simple perception of the situation or facts," (Merriam-Webster).
rglinvest

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:35:43 PM

News like to have very extreme information like, someone commited suicide because of loosing 1 000 000 utc or something xd but making fake news will not bring fame
agx.io

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:05:42 PM

UTC/BTC is LIVE on agx.io!

- The Austin Global Team

Find us at:
agx.io
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=507474
bitcointalk handles: "agx.io," "AustinGlobal"
twitter.com/AustinGlobalX
austinglobal.tumblr.com
dcgirl

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:38:11 PM

@bumface - could you please delete the spam from the forum? It's really getting ridiculous there.
Tyke
Legendary

Activity: 1435
Merit: 1160

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:50:15 PM

Ultracoin will feature two pages in the book called Cryptocurrency "The Alt-ernative" the Beginner's Reference

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483187.new#new

Please donate to the below Ultracoin wallet address in order to help fund this project:

UTuUJcMk68gyafa4w3hTpm2vBYo3DHdRnv

It will have 2 pages similar to this:

If you spot any spelling or grammar errors, these are easily sorted.  I do have a full time job as well as trying to get this project completed too.
dcgirl

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:45:47 PM

Please comment here about bounties - we need to make a decision about what bounties should be offered:

http://forum.ultracoin.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=485&p=1163#p1163
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:51:05 PM

This book thing that keeps appearing. . . I don't get it?  They write about 5-10 lines about ultracoin. Then they want US to spell check it and then donate to them?
If this were a proper book the publishers would do all this and fund it.
Which leads to my next question. Do they have a publishers lined up & a distributor? And what are the sale forecasts for the book in the first quarter.

These are all fair questions any investor would want answers to.
ultrasmart

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:53:24 PM

UTC already has a bad rep because of premine, dev using btc-e to promote, blah blah blah, etc.  While this reputation is associated with the ignorant, why would we fuel the fire by altering to the coin to benefit current holders?  This is such a bad idea its not even funny.  Just imagine the BS that would be spammed in the forums and the trollboxes.  

decreasing the block reward will increase the longevity of the coin.
this will help the coin in the long term and help current holders and future holders too. then when the coin is 0.001 btc each then coins mined per day will only take 28.8 btc to buy also not all people will sell so it will take less.

also why shouldn't a coin benifit holders? that is what deflation is.  why other coins allowed to rise while utc holders being fisted by 144k utc being mined each day?

i say block reward should be decreased to match similar coins like litecoin and vertcoin.

Great idea!  Why didn't anyone else here think of that... we could be just like Litecoin and Vertcoin!

"Sound and prudent judgment based on a simple perception of the situation or facts," (Merriam-Webster).
funsponge

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:54:29 PM

I'd go with the majority, but I'm not a miner so don't know much about all this. Perhaps staying with it as it is otherwise ain't we changing ultracoin to a new coin! Let ultracoin be ultracoin?
solarflareq

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:30:23 PM

Say what you will but the only people this coin has benefited so far are the dumper/miners .. all the holders have seen is a steady decrease in value from release to now.

perhaps the pre-miners have some gains but tbh even they aren't seeing huge gains anymore.

I have been holding and buying since the start and so far the only thing my utc investment has done is dwindle away aka loose value if this continues i will most likely sell my bag the next time i see a half decent bump unless something changes with the mine/dumping of this coin.
fabietech

Activity: 298

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:39:40 PM

what is going on with https://utc.pool.pm/

website doenst work but my miners are still on! anybody knows something?

mizultra

Activity: 76

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:10:32 PM

I pitched the following idea to Bumface earlier this month and he liked the idea but thought it might be too expensive. Now that Dodgecoin has announced their NASCAR sponsorship I think it might be worth posting to the community. The Indy 500 is coming up and teams are always looking for sponsors up until race day, but the race circuit continues just like NASCAR. Either way..there are other routes might go besides race cars.

-----------------------------------

Now that Ultracoin is moving along and climbing the charts because of the great community behind it I started thinking about additional promotions we could do outside the traditional giveaways on the forums or social media. I was wondering how we could tie Ultracoin to the essence of extreme speed, and see if we can’t market UTC in a way that it basically owns that space or concept when it comes to cryptos. We can certainly talk it up all day long, but in the end we need some heavier PR to break thru the mainstream and rebrand Ultracoin as the Red Bull or XGames of coins….Which got me thinking.

How better to identify UTC as lightning fast than to associate it high profile people and events that are lightning fast?. To get right to the point, what if we established a group thru the community to sponsor an Olympic Athlete (s)...say a well-known track and field athlete or a sprinter?. What about sponsoring some crazy x-Games athlete or a whole team of them. The fact is, we could get more respect and more press by sponsoring a financially struggling 2016 Olympic hopeful than giving away UTC on Facebook and begging news sites to come write about UTC. If we played our cards right it could go along way in equating UTC the notion of speed and with doing good things.

This is a very rough overview of the idea, but as far as I know, no other crypto is using this kind of ongoing sponsorship. Even if the athlete didn’t perform well in the end the PR we could get on the front-end of a campaign like this would be worth every penny.

I’m from Indianapolis In, Home of the Indianapolis 500 and the NASCAR Brickyard 400, just think how insane it would be to see an Indycar racing around the track with a big U on the side of it? Indycar teams are always looking for sponsors ….always.

This is really the tip of the iceberg of what we could do in that regard. We could sponsor anything from skate and snowboarders, to those nutty guys that fly down the sides of mountains in their little wingsuits.

I’d be interested to know what you think about this idea, we could get ahead of the curve on this kind of approach.

http://ultracoin.net/ - Ultracoin Website  |   http://ultracoinpool.info/ - Ultracoin Pool
nesic1

Activity: 636
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:29:24 PM

utc.pool.pm
site is offline?
jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:41:23 PM

Please comment here about bounties - we need to make a decision about what bounties should be offered:

http://forum.ultracoin.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=485&p=1163#p1163

+1

This bounty will have many benefits once it becomes public knowledge.

1. Pre-funding - For example, if someone has an awesome idea and know he can pull it off but he needs the funds first, maybe the fund can be made in advance. Obviously there is a trust issue so it'll need to be done in a way that the person cannot run off with the coins. Either that or the idea can be executed by a trusted member or bumface himself using the bounty wallet fund. (if there is enough of it to fund it)

2. Advertisement - We can create a new thread in BCT to advertise that we are looking for more devs. Also we can tweet it etc more publicly to entice some new developers hopefully. We need more devs to work on more things in parallel. They should advertise what they are developing so that we can mention it on the bounty list. This allows for other devs to know which is currently being developed and by how many devs. We can double up on items as more the merrier and someone may make something much more unique and innovative than the other. Competition leads to innovation.

3. Open Development Plan - New and existing members will all know what is being developed and what is in the horizon of things to come. This can also allow investors to make a good decision when investing on the coin instead of hoping time will resolve everything. For people to put their money on the line, they want to know what they are getting into and how long it may take before they see some good return. Heck, they might even invest to assist the developers to speed things up.  

Fluffy words and overly optimistic I know. But I really think it's better than NOT having one.  Smiley

sakr

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:45:17 PM

I pitched the following idea to Bumface earlier this month and he liked the idea but thought it might be too expensive. Now that Dodgecoin has announced their NASCAR sponsorship I think it might be worth posting to the community. The Indy 500 is coming up and teams are always looking for sponsors up until race day, but the race circuit continues just like NASCAR. Either way..there are other routes might go besides race cars.

Now that Ultracoin is moving along and climbing the charts because of the great community behind it I started thinking about additional promotions we could do outside the traditional giveaways on the forums or social media. I was wondering how we could tie Ultracoin to the essence of extreme speed, and see if we can’t market UTC in a way that it basically owns that space or concept when it comes to cryptos. We can certainly talk it up all day long, but in the end we need some heavier PR to break thru the mainstream and rebrand Ultracoin as the Red Bull or XGames of coins….Which got me thinking.

How better to identify UTC as lightning fast than to associate it high profile people and events that are lightning fast?. To get right to the point, what if we established a group thru the community to sponsor an Olympic Athlete (s)...say a well-known track and field athlete or a sprinter?. What about sponsoring some crazy x-Games athlete or a whole team of them. The fact is, we could get more respect and more press by sponsoring a financially struggling 2016 Olympic hopeful than giving away UTC on Facebook and begging news sites to come write about UTC. If we played our cards right it could go along way in equating UTC the notion of speed and with doing good things.

This is a very rough overview of the idea, but as far as I know, no other crypto is using this kind of ongoing sponsorship. Even if the athlete didn’t perform well in the end the PR we could get on the front-end of a campaign like this would be worth every penny.

I’m from Indianapolis In, Home of the Indianapolis 500 and the NASCAR Brickyard 400, just think how insane it would be to see an Indycar racing around the track with a big U on the side of it? Indycar teams are always looking for sponsors ….always.

This is really the tip of the iceberg of what we could do in that regard. We could sponsor anything from skate and snowboarders, to those nutty guys that fly down the sides of mountains in their little wingsuits.

I’d be interested to know what you think about this idea, we could get ahead of the curve on this kind of approach.

Agreed, that's the kind of marketing that this coin needs!
jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:53:00 PM

Yes, marketing attempts of such scale would do wonders. So things like this is OK.
But it's all about the money at the end. How much would we need? $5000? $50000?

funsponge

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:58:43 PM

please all remember to tweet a few times a day or week or when you have time about #ultracoin.

Only myself and 4 others in the world have mentioned #ultracoin in the last 2 days :-(

Im targeting @moolah_io at the moment to try and accept Ultracoin as a way of payment. They accept many other popular cryptos and we need to keep up with them and find more sites that accept crypto to accept Ultracoin! :-)
noobyonekenobi

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:02:24 AM

Got my 25utc from nitro2 promo

Thank you!

PS4 Funds for my brother. Help me get it. Thanks! Smiley
BTC: 1MqhiNvDfSBRzFuXLkdvUfve4zavoFw2f8       UTC: UdGz8AS2tzTnf5qZ59uYbCRbVqEQJZrQC2
LTC: LTUMKwRAkqtvbyA5s8TeNHduvWk9t3DvkN    WDC: WjMWs8GUAyJXXtPJRXQXzJ9yjkda1GBbYs
Pages: « 1 ... 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 [535] 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 ... 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: