Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:38:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: 420 GH where should I go and why?  (Read 2355 times)
georgeberz (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:20:35 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2014, 11:15:18 PM by georgeberz

I have been playing around with bitcoin here and there for over 1 year now, lost a wallet password and was devastated.
I found my password and could spend some of my $70 coins Smiley

I have 2 BFL 10 GH's now to play and 8 BFL 50 GH's coming in this week.

What pool should I go to and why?

And what protocol PPS etc.

I am not looking for a flame war or anything or being political, just want to help out make some coin Smiley and don't want to get screwed up in the process

And I am not looking for a FREE only pool, it takes time and money to set up a pool so I dont mind contributing to it 1-2%

I have read about ghost miners in pools sucking out a percentage etc I just want a fair split for fair work.

Thank you

George

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Guava

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 10:15:08 PM

If you want less variance, pick a big pool like BTCGuild, Ghash and Eligius. Especially when the diff is getting higher, its safer to mine in a bigger pool with only 420GH/s.
And mine on multiple pools to reduce variance.

1J1VmJKZbeEvNCxTtpcouini15RDkMchRP
_owowo_

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:22:25 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2014, 09:25:47 PM by _owowo_

Do not listen to those retards talking about "big pools are safe" because they are not safer than p2pool, and "mining on multiple pools to reduce variance" is bullshit, you lose Bitcoin because of pplns and other "hop proof" payout schemes, also, not mining on p2pool you lose Bitcoin paying fees. And anyway. Do you trust your pool op? Really?

Trust yourself by mining on p2pool, because p2pool is how Bitcoin is meant to be. Be a pool op yourself.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=18313.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=153232.0;all

And no, you do not get more on big pools.

EDIT: Typoo typo... tooo much ooo's Wink
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:12:13 AM

:mining on multiple pools to reduce variance" is bullshit, you loose Bitcoin because of pplns and other "hop proof" payout schemes

No hop proof method penalizes users for splitting hash rate or stopping mining.  The only one that comes even close to that is slush, where you are penalized if you stop mining before the end of a round.  But even in that case, you end up averaging out the same because while 95% of the time you get screwed, 5% of the time you're rewarded enough to make up for those other times.  For non-slush hop proof methods, there is ZERO penalty for intermittent mining/stopping mining/mining slowly.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 04:32:04 AM

Do not listen to those retards talking about "big pools are safe" because they are not safer than p2pool, and "mining on multiple pools to reduce variance" is bullshit, you loose Bitcoin because of pplns and other "hop proof" payout schemes, also, not mining on p2pool you loose Bitcoin paying fees. And anyway. Do you trust your pool op? Really?

Trust yourself by mining on p2pool, because p2pool is how Bitcoin is meant to be. Be a pool op yourself.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=18313.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=153232.0;all

And no, you do not get more on big pools.

p2Pool is PPLNS. Why are you encouraging its use when you just claimed PPLNS is a bitcoin loser?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
roy7

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:45:35 AM

Personally I'd stick with a pool that uses DGM. I believe bitparking does, and it does merge mining as well for a small extra profit.
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:46:11 AM

Yeah, and add the bother of running another machine to host the node, and hope that your mining hardware will work with p2pool (which seems to be less likely as time passes).
screenman

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:00:49 AM

You are welcome to join the sha-256 auto-coin-switch-pool @ www.megamultipool.com

Normaly 1% fee but first 50 users that send me a private message get 0% fees lifetime!

thx!
georgeberz (OP)

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:32:00 PM

My BFL units basically cam pre set up to mine with eclipse pool... They claim 0% fee on pps or dgm

The coin seems light, but it is possibly just me... rejects, errors? what would effect my coin production... im getting 22 gh normally but it seems my BTC payouts run about 60% of what I was expecting according to online calculators.

in 6 days 12 hrs of non stop mining I made .03852694 btc does that seem right for 22 GH mining?

Feelings about them?

PPS or DGM difference?

G

needbmw
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:53:45 PM

Choose small pools. You can try pool.itzod.ru, it is 0% fee RSMPPS, and it pays block fees to miners too.

NO PSAKING!
_owowo_

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:22:47 PM

p2Pool is PPLNS. Why are you encouraging its use when you just claimed PPLNS is a bitcoin loser?

I did not say PPLNS is a loser per se. But if you stop mining on PPLNS you lose since there is a window. Only shares inside that window are payed and the window moves on, old shares fall out of that window and will not get payed.

The basic method is this: Whenever a block is found, payment is given to shares in a window, starting with the last share submitted
and going backwards up to some number N of shares. Shares older than the window are not paid.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=39832
mtnminer

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:24:38 PM

I own and operate several butterfly labs miners at 100 gh/s +/-  I was an active member of EclipseMC until it lost connection with BFGminer for over 24 hours due to a pool issue!  I lost a lot of time and coin.  I moved to BTC-Guild and mine on PPLNS earning bitcoin and namecoin.  It takes about 24 hours of continuous mining for the shifts to build up momentum, I am very pleased with the payout.

I have 1 th/s + arriving in the next 7 days and look forward to even more profit on BTC-Guild.  The pool is reliable and pays out, that is what i desire!  The fee is very low and it pays PPLNS miners transaction fees too!

Supposedly soon they will be adding other alt coins too the merged mining, effective use of hashing power?

Mtnminer

I am a former victim of  50BTC, don't go there no matter what!
_owowo_

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:49:44 PM

The coin seems light, but it is possibly just me... rejects, errors? what would effect my coin production... im getting 22 gh normally but it seems my BTC payouts run about 60% of what I was expecting according to online calculators.

PPS or DGM difference?

G

60%?! So much for: Do you trust your pool op...

PPS is 1/Diff = share value which would be at current Diff 1/1789546951.05324054 = 558.800650305×10⁻¹² BTC/share. On PPS pool op takes the risk for long rounds.

DGM is much more text -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=39497  Wink

roy7

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:38:03 PM

PPS = pool will eventually go bankrupt.
Gogreen

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:28:55 AM

how about bitminter i think is qutie good.?

Bitcoin mining Antminer s7 4.7 TH Used in Good Condition Best Offer Prices @ ebay seller order directly here https://goo.gl/uaoh1r. Bitcoin payment optional.
Acejam

Activity: 124
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:05:03 PM

Join us @ http://p2pool.io ! We have zero fee's.

Everything on our backend uses P2Pool. Payments are processed by the network using PPLNS. All payments for P2Pool are also "Generation" transactions. This means you end up with coins on your address with "Mined", instead of "Received from <insert_pool_address_here>". Clean coins are awesome!
EndlessWin

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:26:58 PM

If it's not large enough, I doubt that BTCGuild will go bankrupt

tired of identical bitcoin forks? try out BCN - no ASICs, no transaction tracking https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512747.0
DStrange

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:30:40 PM

If it's not large enough, I doubt that BTCGuild will go bankrupt
indeed. pps definitely have future if pool is big

roy7

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:37:44 PM

In Meni's paper on pool payment methods, he has the algorithm you can calculate for the odds a pool goes broke in a given period of time given the various variables like amount it pays per share, reward per block found, "reserves" the pool has, etc. You can adjust the amount paid and the amount of reserves as much as you want to get the odds to where you can live with (as a pool owner). But there's always going to be a non-zero chance the pool hits an unlucky enough period of time to use up all of it's reserves.
roy7

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:38:59 PM

Everything on our backend uses P2Pool. Payments are processed by the network using PPLNS. All payments for P2Pool are also "Generation" transactions. This means you end up with coins on your address with "Mined", instead of "Received from <insert_pool_address_here>". Clean coins are awesome!

Is paying out mined coins in the coinbase a native feature of P2Pool or something you customized? My TRC pool does that, I rather like it.
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 09:42:13 PM

Where should you go? I've heard that Tahiti is a magical place.  Cheesy
Acejam

Activity: 124

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:38:33 AM

Is paying out mined coins in the coinbase a native feature of P2Pool or something you customized? My TRC pool does that, I rather like it.

Native feature of P2Pool Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: