Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:59:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So which blockchain is the best?  (Read 853 times)
DiaperedDynamo (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 01:31:59 AM

There's Bitcoin classic, Solidcoin, IXcoin, Namecoin, any coin you can think of. Which one is the most likely to gain widespread acceptance and which has the best distribution system and difficulty scaling?
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 01:38:28 AM

Bitcoin

DiaperedDynamo (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 01:43:04 AM

What makes it the best then.

Also, I didn't see the alternate currencies subforum until after I posted this, can it be moved there?
kgo

Activity: 548
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 01:54:11 AM

What makes it the best then.

Also, I didn't see the alternate currencies subforum until after I posted this, can it be moved there?

It's the best because this is bitcointalk.  On ixcointalk, IxCoin would be the best.  Etc.

More seriously, Bitcoin has the first-mover advantage, and I haven't seen any killer features on any of the other block chains that make them interesting to me.  NameCoin is a somewhat interesting, but has highly specific functionality that I don't care about.  The other blockchains just seem (to me) to be minor tweaks so that people can cash in, without providing any novel new benefits.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2011, 01:58:10 AM

It's the best because this is bitcointalk.  On ixcointalk, IxCoin would be the best.  Etc.

I don't see the mods doing anything to stifle discussion of alternate currencies on this forum.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
ALEX765

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

https://cryptassist.io/

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:51:33 PM

What do you think about the NEM In 2018 they are completely modify blockchain and give a name "catapult" read its benefits I think he can gain popularity

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER     》  CRYPTASSIST               |▌  [   ICO HAS STARTED    ▶  JOIN NOW!   ]
            THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD           ⚫  WIN A TESLA ROADSTER!   ))
Telegram   /  ANN   /  Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /  WhitePaper   /
shnyrutti

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:56:06 PM

There's Bitcoin classic, Solidcoin, IXcoin, Namecoin, any coin you can think of. Which one is the most likely to gain widespread acceptance and which has the best distribution system and difficulty scaling?

I don't think anyone can tell you which is the best BTC. Few days ago A might be the best but after a few days there is another BTC better than A which is B   that can out win A.

unsquidly

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:53:35 AM

Myetherwallet is the safest and secure as blockchain  Smiley
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:07:56 AM

I don't think you can compare them when they have different purposes. The nature of each blockchain has a lot to do with the nature of each coin. You can only really compare those that are direct competitors with one another.

biletskiy

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:52:11 PM

Man, it is almost impossible to answer your questions. Each blockchain has its advantages and disadvantages. Monitoring the market of crypto and blockchain technologies, I see that NEO has got brilliant future.
Maladaro

Activity: 81

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:46:53 PM

1. Transparency
2. Reduced transaction costs
3. Faster transaction settlements
4. Decentralization
5. User-controlled networks
 Shocked Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]