Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:33:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Developing a decentralized distributed CryptoGovernment!  (Read 1060 times)
Snax (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:00:07 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 08:04:36 AM by Snax

The invention of the internet marked the first time in history that information could flow frictionlessly. The internet is the democratization of information. The invention of Bitcoin marked the first time in history that currency could flow frictionlessly. Bitcoin is the democratization of currency. The Online Nation will mark the first time in history that power can flow frictionlessly. The Online Nation is the democratization of power.

Me and a few friends are working to develop a model based on the threads here - http://www.scienceforums.com/topic/27197-the-online-nation/
We will use bitcoin (or some altcoin) code to make this system work. Also, yes, it's a government system that's decentralized and ran without a hierarchy of rulers. It's a strong form of Pure Democracy. The voting will be like transactions on the bitcoin network, but with votes so you can't double-vote on a law. The way the government system works is outlined in much more depth in the thread, I'm here to ask about integration and implementation problems, not the political aspects of this system.

I was going to start a kickstarter or indiegogo project to help pay programmers to develop this (me and my friends don't know half as much programming as needed for this) but then I realized there are developers that use this very forum that might be interested in taking a crack at this with us. It'd have just the same (well probably a lot more) potential for great profit as creating any other form of altcoin except this one will have a government attached to it.

I have a few questions, like how difficult would it be to have a single wallet host two different kinds of coinage? I haven't seen many reliable wallets that store multiple kinds of coins. On top of that, how difficult will it be to have these two separate kinds of coin to be hosted on the same blockchain? Is it relatively easy to integrate both into the same block feed? Almost all other cryptocurrencies have a hard cap, but that seems to be a big problem down the road much like commodity based economies run into. The Online Nation will need a cryptocurrency that is elastic, inflating and deflating directly in proportion with the number of citizens (wallet owners) it has. For example, there could be an initial 1 million coin cap, but if someone seeds a wallet (which will be explained later if interest grows) then the cap is increased by 1,000 coins. If someone destroys a wallet (destroying their citizenship) then the cap will go down 800 coins. There needs to be coin-sinks built in to facilitate the destruction of coins that aren't in a citizens' wallet. I know this can be done but I don't know how.

Another potential problem I see is the one Bitcoin is already experiencing. Bitcoin's blockchain is getting enormous. It's a massive file to download from a peer-to-peer network. I know optimizations are coming and people are dealing with this by suggesting different possible fixes, but tacking a law-suggestion and voting system onto this will make the blockchain a much bigger filesize since there will be more "transactions" happening.

The initial cap of 1 million (or whatever amount it ends up being) will probably need to be mostly pre-mined in order to seed the existence of the government when it opens up to citizenship so citizens with registered wallets will have a small percentage of the initial cap given to them upon joining. The after-cap will be shifting according to the number of citizens joined as said earlier. This brings me to my next development question about how easy it would be to develop a registration system into the client to verify that they are a real person with a place of residency. Is this too hard to do without humans physically reviewing the information at some point? We might have to create a government-job where citizens manage this type of information. If human eyes are required to validate that a human is registering and not a bot at any point during the process, then that will become part of the discussion on the other board, but not here. I just need to know if there's a fully-automated system like this already that can't be easily tricked (I spoof residency and personal information all the time).

So let me know if my questions have answers, if any of the suggested problems have fixes, and if anyone reading this is willing to participate in any way. If you want to discuss the political aspects of this system you can post on scienceforums, or private message me here, or I guess we'll start a thread in the political board here but whatevs. =p

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Polycoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:20:14 PM

The dialogue subdues the Online Nation Coin to respigatoral chaos. It is the epilogue of definity resulting in quantam collaboration between the higher powers at stake in the peritonitis mechanism. Only the registered members can effectively and whoely eliminate the contaneous boralactive cospaction of this. Thank you.

Polycoin Troopers, Assemble!
Snax (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 08:22:34 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 05:09:03 AM by Snax

The dialogue subdues the Online Nation Coin to respigatoral chaos. It is the epilogue of definity resulting in quantam collaboration between the higher powers at stake in the peritonitis mechanism. Only the registered members can effectively and whoely eliminate the contaneous boralactive cospaction of this. Thank you.

So you're saying that through the power of friendship, I can accomplish anything?

Seriously though, if having another altcoin is that big of a deal, is there a way to tack it onto the bitcoin network, similar to how mastercoin does?
Raxe.io

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 10:18:51 AM

We can develop this here is our portfolio so far:

Here is an example of our web design: http://epawncoin.com

Here is an example of our android wallet or epawncoin: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.epawncoin.wallet

Here is an example of our online wallet: http://wallet.epawncoin.com/

Here is an example of an exchange we have developed: http://coinpod.net

There are a few more varieties of the android wallets and web wallets:

Kimdotcoin Android Wallet: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.raxe.kimdotcoin

Kimdotcoin Online Wallet: http://kimdotcoin.co.nz/index.html#/

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us:

https://twitter.com/RaxeSoftware
contact@raxe.io

Raxe.io / Example wallet: http://wallet.raxe.io
benlinwall

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:15:59 AM

Good idea . But how ? Maybe we can get it hundreds of year later.
Snax (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:51:29 PM

Good idea . But how ? Maybe we can get it hundreds of year later.
Lol no, that's like saying maybe we can get the internet hundreds of years later. We can make this kind of truly free government right now, it's been outlined in several places, one of them being the thread I linked in the original post. I see no reason for society to have to take hundreds of years to catch up to technology. We have a platform for this purely democratic world-scalable government to exist, why not start using it as soon as possible?
Polycoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:54:13 PM

So you're saying that through the power of friendship, I can accomplish anything?

Seriously though, if having another altcoin is that big of a deal, is there a way to tack it onto the bitcoin network, similar to how mastercoin does?

Yes there's a way to tack it on similar to the adreasnous theorem, where the nodes are complectively applied via the sargogate theyo. The sargogate theyo is the corresponding ledgesty of the entire node perlifannery..

Polycoin Troopers, Assemble!
marine4u

Activity: 673
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:50:09 PM

Marinecoin being the first online digital global nation concept, that we have been operating the past 4 months

I would like say, that things don't work that way,

Marinecoin as digital nation is a fun project based on the desire to create such an online nation
once enough footing is reached it will form itself lead by the founding fathers of the digital nation who have contributed the most
who mined or acquired 2000 MTC,

To take the subject dead seriously at an early stage is a fools errand and will result in heart break,
the problem arises from the fact that majority of the people in crypto are here to make money and care less about anything else

Just my thoughts based on experience

Marinecoin Dev
Snax (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:54:42 PM

You sound like either you're afraid of competition or you don't understand the fundamental differences between our systems.

There's countries-full of money to be made of off this system, and even if there wasn't, too bad, because it's the next logical step in advancing human society. Currency has gone through commodity based systems (gold), to political based systems (fiat), to math bath systems (crypto). Governance systems have to advance the same way, as does the rest of society, or their evolution will be stale in the dust as technology indefinitely outpaces it.

We need a system that keeps up with technology, or society will fail. I'm offering one system that can keep up, money is of no consequence to it.
cryptopaths

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 11:20:38 PM

Marinecoin being the first online digital global nation concept, that we have been operating the past 4 months

I would like say, that things don't work that way,

Marinecoin as digital nation is a fun project based on the desire to create such an online nation
once enough footing is reached it will form itself lead by the founding fathers of the digital nation who have contributed the most
who mined or acquired 2000 MTC,

To take the subject dead seriously at an early stage is a fools errand and will result in heart break,
the problem arises from the fact that majority of the people in crypto are here to make money and care less about anything else

Just my thoughts based on experience

Marinecoin Dev

Like I said before fuck off with your shit Marinecoin.
Snax (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 11:43:54 PM

lol cryptopaths, no need for hostility, marinecoin seems like an interesting concept, but it has no affect on how the concept I've proposed is supposed to function.

I think he just didn't read the linked forum threads and assumed my proposed idea was the same as his (it's not though, it's very, VERY different).
marine4u

Activity: 673
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:05:39 PM

what's the status of this project?
Snax (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:27:34 AM

Well if you checked your private messages every once in a while you would know that I've been trying to talk to you about it lol.

I had a team pick up the project only to have them put it down right after when they started finding out what this could possibly do and how angry some governments might be about it.

This is not something I decided to talk about a week ago, I have about 52ish pages written on this over the past few years. I've bounced this idea around science forums, political forums, I've talked to Comparativists with PhD's in their field, there is a lot of work that went into making this idea. I haven't uploaded much of the whole thing on the bct forums yet because I'm testing the waters and getting people's opinions on things, but when you're ready to check your pm's I'm down to talk about anything you have in mind.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: