Bitcoin Forum
August 31, 2024, 06:20:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help! ASICMiner Cube randomly restarts  (Read 814 times)
Kadreal (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:02:44 AM

If this has already been solved, please direct me to the correct thread, I've spent the past 2 hours looking for a solution with no real luck.

I recently acquired a ASICMiner (Block Erupter) Cube. I managed to set it up fairly easily using Dogie's Guide on this very Forum. It's happily mining away except for one problem.

It seems to reset itself every 1-2 minutes. This is reducing the effective hash rate to about 40% of what it is rated, since it seems to take about a minute for it to come back online.

At first I thought it might be thermal related, so I pulled the cards out and tightened down the heat sinks, still restarts.

Next, I thought it might be that the power supply might be overwhelmed. It's using a Rosewill 450W capstone. I took out my multi-meter and monitored the voltage and it seemed like a steady 12.18 volts. No under voltage that I can see, that and the fact that it can run on the high clock settings for about the same amount of time makes me think it's not a voltage problem. If it can source 280 watts for a minute, 200 watts should be no problem.

Anyone had any luck with this problem? I read in another thread that people saw the clock rate resetting to low, which I'm guessing is their cube resetting like mine does. My next step will be removing the cards one by one to see if perhaps one of the thermocouplers is faulty and shutting down the cube as a safe guard.

Thanks a head of time!
bittawm
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:00:30 PM

got the same problem, I think it is a faulty PCB board but Im not sure. is it possible that the blades are touching and that is causing the reset?Huh?

maybe we should try taking out any blades close to eachother I notice some are VERY CLOSE

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators
Kadreal (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:33:27 AM

I fixed it, but frankly, I'm not sure how. I unplugged my laptop from the router and USB cable, and directed the cube to my proxy on my desktop, and now it's been running fine all day long. I even set it up to high clock rate and it ran all day without resetting back to low.

Current speculation as to the cause of the problem:

1) It'll randomly reset while connected via usb. Try unplugging the usb cable? It doesn't seem to do anything at this time anyways/

2) There may have been an IP collision. Since the box uses a static IP, it's possible there was an IP collision that was messing stuff up.

3) Paperclip keeping PSU on may not of had a good connection. The PSU flickering on and off could certainly cause a reset.... Might have been too short to notice with the Multi-meter.

4) It'll randomly reset when proxying against certainly computers. No idea what could cause it, maybe it doesn't like the nic in my laptop.

5) It doesn't like having more then one other computer on the network. This seems unlikely, but now I only have one as opposed to two.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: