Bitcoin Forum
August 31, 2024, 04:20:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how to buy BTC with PayPal.....  (Read 988 times)
bitcoinideas (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:02:24 PM

Hey guys! A question I get asked a lot is how to buy bitcoin with paypal.... OK OK We all know this is practically impossible to do.. BUT (and it's a big but...) You CAN buy GHS on eBay for the website CEX.io and then convert them to BItcoins and cash out.....

Ok you're paying slightly over their value but always good to know a way around the system..

Keen to hear your thoughts?? Thanks guys - go easy please I'm new to bitcointalk

Cool Cool Cool Cool
Horrux

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:59:55 PM

So what's GHS?
jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:22:03 PM

If you gain trust and find a trusted seller you can still make successful PayPal trades - just be careful  Wink
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:44:51 PM

Use ebay if you want to use PP. Offering it on here is only going to get people thinking and calling you a scammer.
Frosty

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:56:33 PM

I've used https://www.virwox.com/ to input money by Paypal and then trade the currencies available there for BTC; although it's not a very economical option since you will lose quite a percentage in the end.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:01:27 PM

Go on, take a chance. It's a free country. But don't cry if paypal locks the account.
PayPal is the worst way to get bitcoins.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:18:16 PM

Hey guys! A question I get asked a lot is how to buy bitcoin with paypal.... OK OK We all know this is practically impossible to do.. BUT (and it's a big but...) You CAN buy GHS on eBay for the website CEX.io and then convert them to BItcoins and cash out.....

Ok you're paying slightly over their value but always good to know a way around the system..

Keen to hear your thoughts?? Thanks guys - go easy please I'm new to bitcointalk

Cool Cool Cool Cool

Are options like localbitcoins or Bittylicious not available for you? Or do you not have Internet Banking set up? I wouldn't risk using PayPal for buying crypto, or using a series of websites (unless it was at market rates), but that's just me.

I got my initial BTC from localbitcoins and Bittylicious, the transactions were very smooth.

Elchimpos

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:14:01 AM

Virwox is one of the few that accept PP payments for BTC (you need to buy Linden dollars first and then buy BTC with your Linden dollars).  The fees are astronomical but if you need BTC quick then this is by far the best way to get them with CC payments and Paypal.  There are a number of daily and monhtly restictions on using PP or any other method, and they will hold you BTC up to 48 hours on your first trade for verification reasons.

Best way to buy bulk and quickly is set up a Neteller account and load up with credit cards / debti card and what ever you can until you hit your max daily limits ($2500 USD for each cc, and you can have 5 for each type ie Visa, Mastercard etc) and then make a mass deposit into Virwox as Neteller to Virwox transfers are unlimited.  Then trade your fiat to Linden Dollars, then Linden Dollars to BTC, then withdraw!
KingDiamond

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:34:09 AM

I used Virwox to pay with paypal once. After all the fees (USD to SLL, SLL to BTC) my ending balance in BTC was about 20% less than had there been no fees. Transactions were confirmed within 30 minutes. It is a quick and very easy way to get BTC, but you pay the price for convenience.

Also, this thing about paypal locking accounts for buy BTC is news to me, but definitely something to consider!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: