Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:59:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmit - Bitcoin shopping mall - Bitcoin market place - Bitcoin auction house  (Read 142470 times)
tosaki (OP)

Activity: 401
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 09:33:17 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2013, 09:52:02 PM by tosaki

What's Bitmits policy on no-show items?

On most of my items, I offer free unregistered shipping, and registered shipping for an extra fee of $2. The "free" option is of course not free to me, but I find it's very much worth the small cost to make it easier for the customers to make the decision to go ahead and buy my items.

Many customers chose the free option, without tracking. Sometimes, it takes quite some time before the item arrives with the customer. Should an item never show up at all, would Bitmit release the escrowed payment back to the customer?

I think this is an interesting discussion. I, as a seller, has no blame in the item never showing up in the customers mailbox (as long as I have actually sent the item). Still, should it be my loss if the item is lost in transit? Or is it the customers fault for choosing an unregistered shipping option?

When someone has lots of good feedback like you e.g. and one (probably new) buyer claims that he has not received the good we will likely release the Coins to you (especially on unregistered world wide orders). It depends from case to case but mostly escrow problems can be solved very quickly and so far there was no single case we had to left the Bitcoins stuck in escrow. I hope we can continue with such "squishy" escrow rules because it works very well how we handle it. But this question must be answered by our lawyer now.

However, you can also deactivate escrow but then you might get less orders. I have thought about that and one solution can be to introduce a "certified bitmit merchant" status in order to build trust. Such a status can ensure that the seller is a legally registered vendor and has already build good reputation on Bitmit. Another benefit of such a status is that users could have the option to only browse offers from these merchants (like a button that switches from bitmit "ebay" to bitmit "amazon")

I'm thinking about approaching small shops offering them some extra sales if they handle the shipping for me. I put their stuff online on bitmit. They tell me prices, stocks, shipping costs and shipping times and I generate sales for them.

I don't want to mix shops though. I don't want to have several logins neither. Any thoughts on how to enable shops within an account?
So user/Giszmo could have sub-pages user/Giszmo/shop/ElectronicsFrankfurt and user/Giszmo/shop/DeliciousFoodBerlin.
Users browsing my FoodBerlin stuff should see FoodBerlin stuff first and then be linked to ElectronicsFrankfurt if they are interested in what else I'm selling.

Do you have a problem with the multi-login-approach?

Thx for your contribution! I hope you enjoyed your vacation Wink Currently users dont have an option to create shops. I first want to give regular users some more freedom to modify the user page. I will take this into account but personally I like it more when one user account can only be applied to one person/business entity.

Good news: We are currently preparing our business start. Our incorporation should be completed in about 4 weeks and I am looking forward to our first press release and introduction to the community.

Site update:
CSV export is already online. Import function will follow Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toffoo

Activity: 408
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 12:41:21 AM

Apologies if this is not the support thread, but couldn't find any other:

I cannot sign up.

I fill in all the sign up details, click "Sign Up", and it just returns the main page.  (With me not signed in.)  Try to Log In, user/pw not recognized.  No emails or verification sent to my address.

Help, I want to buy something.

Thanks!

arsenische
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 01:28:11 AM

I cannot sign up.

I fill in all the sign up details, click "Sign Up", and it just returns the main page.  (With me not signed in.)  Try to Log In, user/pw not recognized.  No emails or verification sent to my address.

Thanks!

I have similar problem when I try to test the affiliate link (registered for my company). When I try to sign up to bitmit, I fill the form and press "Register now", it just refreshes the page without any notice. When I do it again, it shows an error: Sorry, registration is currently disabled. Please try again later (User not allowed).

It's rather frustrating. My company invested ~1 btc in advertising Bitmit to earn via referral program, but I can't test it and probably many users we refer have the same problem Sad

giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 01:48:04 AM

What's Bitmits policy on no-show items?

On most of my items, I offer free unregistered shipping, and registered shipping for an extra fee of $2. The "free" option is of course not free to me, but I find it's very much worth the small cost to make it easier for the customers to make the decision to go ahead and buy my items.

Many customers chose the free option, without tracking. Sometimes, it takes quite some time before the item arrives with the customer. Should an item never show up at all, would Bitmit release the escrowed payment back to the customer?

I think this is an interesting discussion. I, as a seller, has no blame in the item never showing up in the customers mailbox (as long as I have actually sent the item). Still, should it be my loss if the item is lost in transit? Or is it the customers fault for choosing an unregistered shipping option?

When someone has lots of good feedback like you e.g. and one (probably new) buyer claims that he has not received the good we will likely release the Coins to you (especially on unregistered world wide orders). It depends from case to case but mostly escrow problems can be solved very quickly and so far there was no single case we had to left the Bitcoins stuck in escrow. I hope we can continue with such "squishy" escrow rules because it works very well how we handle it. But this question must be answered by our lawyer now.

However, you can also deactivate escrow but then you might get less orders. I have thought about that and one solution can be to introduce a "certified bitmit merchant" status in order to build trust. Such a status can ensure that the seller is a legally registered vendor and has already build good reputation on Bitmit. Another benefit of such a status is that users could have the option to only browse offers from these merchants (like a button that switches from bitmit "ebay" to bitmit "amazon")

How about users being allowed to take non-escrow (aka immediately charged to the merchants account) to the extent of x% of all their prior turn-over from the start? This x could be as low as 1% but after some time, this 1% could mean most of a users sales but would also make scammers very very unlikely. Some offer free post cards now, which gives them many good ratings for essentially nothing which could fool users (and you) into trusting them. Scammers only profit if they get more out of the scam than they would get out of regular business the next 2 months. With 1% you could even "insure" your clients against fraud through your normal fees assuming only a small fraction takes the scammer-exit.

Edit: Make sure you take the $$ value and not the ɃɃ value for this as else some early one book seller might get tempted to snap a million $ later on Wink

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
HeavySteel

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 01:59:58 AM

Hello,

I cannot locate the link that allows one to export to a CSV file.  Is it live?  Looking forward to the import feature...

Best regards.
globalvillage

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:59:48 AM

It is a cool site but I  trust it is not "the worlds biggest Bitcoin market place" as it is stated there.
And instead of making the need to exchange smaller, let us work on making btc top conventional currency :-)

tosaki (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 07:16:38 AM

I cannot sign up.

I fill in all the sign up details, click "Sign Up", and it just returns the main page.  (With me not signed in.)  Try to Log In, user/pw not recognized.  No emails or verification sent to my address.

Thanks!

I have similar problem when I try to test the affiliate link (registered for my company). When I try to sign up to bitmit, I fill the form and press "Register now", it just refreshes the page without any notice. When I do it again, it shows an error: Sorry, registration is currently disabled. Please try again later (User not allowed).

It's rather frustrating. My company invested ~1 btc in advertising Bitmit to earn via referral program, but I can't test it and probably many users we refer have the same problem Sad

Please clear your cache and cookies and try again. This is really the exception because we block banned users to re-register on our site. Another reason you mgiht get banned is when you try to register more then 4 accounts within a short timeframe. Sometimes banned users public proxies like TOR and so other might users get banned as well. The banned ip table is flushed from time to time so please try it again now. You don't have to worry that we block out users and your advertising becomes unprofitable.

Hello,

I cannot locate the link that allows one to export to a CSV file.  Is it live?  Looking forward to the import feature...

Best regards.
Hi. Yes, go to your sell area. Now you can see checkboxes next to your items (when you are in "sold" you have to expand orders with multiply items by clicking the "+" left next to the order name). Then click the gear on the right and click "Export to CSV"
Global BTC

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 11:23:06 AM

Is there a set limit to how many items can be exported to CSV in one go? I'm trying to export all of my items, but I get an empty response. If I export just a few items it works fine.

toffoo

Activity: 408
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:00:04 PM

Please clear your cache and cookies and try again. This is really the exception because we block banned users to re-register on our site. Another reason you mgiht get banned is when you try to register more then 4 accounts within a short timeframe. Sometimes banned users public proxies like TOR and so other might users get banned as well. The banned ip table is flushed from time to time so please try it again now. You don't have to worry that we block out users and your advertising becomes unprofitable.

Hi, I tried your suggestions and still the exact same thing for me.  Reloads main page like nothing ever happened when I try to register.

As far as I can remember, I've never registered an account before at bitmit, and am not using a proxy or TOR.

Any other ideas for me?  I'd really like to try to buy something!

arsenische
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 07:51:54 PM

Hi, I tried your suggestions and still the exact same thing for me.  Reloads main page like nothing ever happened when I try to register.

As far as I can remember, I've never registered an account before at bitmit, and am not using a proxy or TOR.

Same here.

tosaki (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 08:54:28 PM

Same here.

Either your ip or email address is banned. Please pm your username, mail and ip and I will investigate and let you know.

Is there a set limit to how many items can be exported to CSV in one go? I'm trying to export all of my items, but I get an empty response. If I export just a few items it works fine.

No more, there was a problem with the script. Please clear your cache and try again. I tested it with your items and it worked fine now Smiley A user manual for the csv import/export feature will follow.
Global BTC

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 07:12:35 AM

No more, there was a problem with the script. Please clear your cache and try again. I tested it with your items and it worked fine now Smiley A user manual for the csv import/export feature will follow.
Great, it's working now!

You have a slight price problem, and I've been seeing it for a while now.
Take this listing as an example: https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/18432-silver-cuff-links-1131
The price I have set for that listing is 6.99 USD, but it's displayed as 7.00 USD on the item page (and in search results). It's saved as 7.00 USD if I export it as a CSV as well. I assume there's some price conversion going on that's causing this problem.

tosaki (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 08:08:34 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2013, 08:41:38 AM by tosaki

You have a slight price problem, and I've been seeing it for a while now.
Take this listing as an example: https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/18432-silver-cuff-links-1131
The price I have set for that listing is 6.99 USD, but it's displayed as 7.00 USD on the item page (and in search results). It's saved as 7.00 USD if I export it as a CSV as well. I assume there's some price conversion going on that's causing this problem.

Yes, currently the main currency of Bm is Bitcoin. Therefore, if the price is given in a fiat currency, it will be converted to Bitcoin (rounded to 3 decimals) and from this value we calculate the displayed fiat price (eventually back to the original currency) in users default fiat currency. If the current value of 0.111 BTC is 7.01 USD but we show 6.99 it would be wrong of course.

In near future this will be changed so prices are displayed in the default selling currency of the seller by default and we may raise the bitcoin decimals to 4.

Of course this rounded price should not be used for the csv export. This has to be fixed. Fixed. Thx for the hint.
tosaki (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 11:50:56 AM

New:
CSV Import & Export
https://www.bitmit.net/en/api/csvDoc.php

You may need to export your items again because we did some changes.
tosaki (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 08:43:10 PM

New:
Redesigned item sell form
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2013, 10:10:46 PM

New:
Broken:
item sell form

At the first try it didn't work. The spinner stopped spinning and no link worked anymore. Guess some JS ran amok. I closed the window, started my JS dev console and opened it again. This time it worked sort of. It was slow and the console complained about a missing
Code:
https://www.bitmit.net/en/scripts/jwysiwyg/jquery.wysiwyg.bg.png

Default non-BTC! Very good Smiley

(Please allow me to pick the shipping costs I used on prior sales. I is the spot where I end up loosing the most pointless time usually.

Opening the category "money" failed silently:
Code:
Failed to load resource https://www.bitmit.net/en/item_sell_categories.php?cat1=23&cat2=0&cat3=0&cat4=0&catdeep=cat2&val=23
(2nd try it was super slow but worked Sad )

It's irritating to sometimes have it spin to open a sub-cat which fails silently (slow) and sometimes have it wait for the server to tell it there is no sup cat. Maybe you should let the client know if the cat is a leaf or a node in your cat tree.

The use as thumbnail in the image upload overlaps with images and … well, look for yourself:

You might have the payment options in as a teaser but having an option group with just one option is weird.

Now saving fails with an internal server error:
Code:
POST https://www.bitmit.net/en/item_sell_save.php 500 (Internal Server Error) jquery.min.js:2
send jquery.min.js:2
p.extend.ajax jquery.min.js:2
p.(anonymous function) jquery.min.js:2
(anonymous function)
p.event.dispatch jquery.min.js:2
g.handle.h jquery.min.js:2
I unchecked the payment option, so maybe this was me messing around with your code.

Edit:
And again an internal server error. This time I uploaded 4 photos and clicked submit. The photos included one too big photo and one corrupt jpg.
The client should enable the submit button on a timeout, shouldn't it?

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
tosaki (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 10:46:30 PM

New:
Broken:
item sell form

At the first try it didn't work. The spinner stopped spinning and no link worked anymore. Guess some JS ran amok. I closed the window, started my JS dev console and opened it again. This time it worked sort of. It was slow and the console complained about a missing
Code:
https://www.bitmit.net/en/scripts/jwysiwyg/jquery.wysiwyg.bg.png

Default non-BTC! Very good Smiley

(Please allow me to pick the shipping costs I used on prior sales. I is the spot where I end up loosing the most pointless time usually.

Opening the category "money" failed silently:
Code:
Failed to load resource https://www.bitmit.net/en/item_sell_categories.php?cat1=23&cat2=0&cat3=0&cat4=0&catdeep=cat2&val=23
(2nd try it was super slow but worked Sad )

It's irritating to sometimes have it spin to open a sub-cat which fails silently (slow) and sometimes have it wait for the server to tell it there is no sup cat. Maybe you should let the client know if the cat is a leaf or a node in your cat tree.

The use as thumbnail in the image upload overlaps with images and … well, look for yourself:

You might have the payment options in as a teaser but having an option group with just one option is weird.

Now saving fails with an internal server error:
Code:
POST https://www.bitmit.net/en/item_sell_save.php 500 (Internal Server Error) jquery.min.js:2
send jquery.min.js:2
p.extend.ajax jquery.min.js:2
p.(anonymous function) jquery.min.js:2
(anonymous function)
p.event.dispatch jquery.min.js:2
g.handle.h jquery.min.js:2
I unchecked the payment option, so maybe this was me messing around with your code.

Edit:
And again an internal server error. This time I uploaded 4 photos and clicked submit. The photos included one too big photo and one corrupt jpg.
The client should enable the submit button on a timeout, shouldn't it?

Please try again. I were uploading new files which might have caused the error at your side. Overlapping fixed.
WikileaksDude

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 07:48:19 PM

Site is very slow today..
tosaki (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 09:19:11 PM

Site is very slow today..

Yes sorry should be better now. We are going to migrate to a way better server and hoster shortly so these nasty downtimes etc will be a thing of the past.
Global BTC

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 01:30:23 PM

Yup, very slow indeed. My experience today is that the site works nicely for 3 minutes, and then doesn't respond at all for three minutes. After that, it comes back again. Rinse and repeat. Migrating to better servers will help.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: