Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:35:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitOfGlory.com - here's another one.  (Read 9470 times)
reikokuko (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:54:00 AM

WHOIS dates to the 4th and is private.  They are claiming to be under the company Dynastacks (a major hosting company).  Dynastacks has public registration information, been around since 2005 (at least their domain has), and has no mention, links or ties to BitOfGlory.

I was greeted right away with a chat at Bit Of Glory, didn't need to put in my name, or any information, and nonetheless, the chat agent did not have the professionalism I would expect  from a company as reputable and big as Dynastacks. And of course when I point that out, all of a sudden, the agent started using capitalizations, spelled out his words and proper punctuation.  No more 'lols' and emoticons.

My verdict: Stay away.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:23:55 AM

Roy H.How can I help with your hosting needs?

Client what hardware?

Roy H.Butterfly Labs Monarch

Client when start?

Roy H.no more than 24 hours

depends on our queue

Client monarch not exist yet

Roy H.yea it is does.. we have a direct partnership with them

we operate our own data center facilities

www.Dynastack.com

we have contracts with tons of hardware suppliers

just isnt available to the general public as of yet

but they started shipping early january

Client I will be free reviewer for you for bitcointalk.org

Roy H.ehh that site is full of liars

and competitors

getting over on companies

its ok Smiley

we have tons of real miners here.. who dont have time to sit on forums all day

the real whales - dont tell people their secrets or how they do things

it's the gossipers on bitcointalk.org who confuse people

we are as reputable in the hosting and cloud industry as any

if you do your due diligence

bitcoin miners all of a sudden start telling us how we are scammers

and that is as far from the truth as anything

8:16 am anyone who calls someone a scammer, is a scammer. Especially someone who hasn't even tried our servicee
https://bitcointalk.…k.org/index.php?topic=416688.0

like this guy

says we arnt owned by Dynastack

which is obviously untrue

if you go to Dynastack.com right now

our chat will pick up instantly

that's why we are considering keeping the miners we have

and closing our service

and continuing to sell cloud like we have been

we don't want any part of this business truly

haha

its no good man

90% of the customers in this industry

are scammers

they only want to pay by credit card

so they can chargeback after mining

its sad man

the miners will kill off their own industry

after we get out - data centers wont touch this industry with a ten foot pole

8:19 am we were the first to experiment

yes, we found some good customers

but 90% of them are cheaterswe were the first to experiment

yes, we found some good customers

but 90% of them are cheaters

they even hate companies like butterfly labs

and talk bad about them

not realizing that - the CEO of that company works hard to get those cards out

8:20 am and has a real business

but according to these "expert" miners..

he is a scam right?

very very sad

cloud customers dont act this way

hosting customers dont act this way

it's only these "special" bitcoin miners

lol

real linux admins laugh at this stuff

its childs play

railzand

Activity: 462

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:29:56 AM

We cut and pasted a chat with that site rather clumsily, so apologies.

I'm not qualified to comment further

aynstein

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

Fortune favors the bold, and sometimes the bald.

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:15:40 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 03:47:19 PM by aynstein

WHOIS dates to the 4th and is private.  They are claiming to be under the company Dynastacks (a major hosting company).  Dynastacks has public registration information, been around since 2005 (at least their domain has), and has no mention, links or ties to BitOfGlory.

I was greeted right away with a chat at Bit Of Glory, didn't need to put in my name, or any information, and nonetheless, the chat agent did not have the professionalism I would expect  from a company as reputable and big as Dynastacks. And of course when I point that out, all of a sudden, the agent started using capitalizations, spelled out his words and proper punctuation.  No more 'lols' and emoticons.

My verdict: Stay away.

Although slightly creeped out at how quickly you were able to poke holes in this I am feeling the same way. Something just felt off. I can't put my finger on it but I believe something isn't right. Going to investigate further. If any "liars, competitors etc" have any info please share. Dynastack is legit, so is this just a case of their sales chat being owned or something?

edit: for some reason I thought i recognized the name but no one seems to actually know them. May have recently went under or some other shenanigans, the 866hosting is a bit odd.

I felt manipulated, like someone was pushing me and I wasn't sure why. Kinda timeshare-presentation-dirty aftertaste. Person used several timeshare sales tactics that I was able to pick up but could have been just an overly ambitious kid trying to make a buck.

Also, should be noted, even if they deliver on a few small contracts, could be easily purchased off of ebay and then setup as a short term bait into a larger contract. I would consider going in on a small contract if someone wants to test the waters (after reaching out to parent company tomorrow during regular business hours).

AltaVista 4 Life!
reikokuko (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:33:50 PM

That whole chat thing can be pretty convincing that BOG is under Dynastack, but as that was the focal point of the sales rep's proof of relation to Dynastack, I'm starting to think maybe they did get owned.  There is absolutely no news about Dynastack opening up this child entity.

Also, the BOG website is hosted in Kansas somewhere and according to Dynastack's website, they don't have a datacenter there.  Also, Dynastack's SSL certificate's meta-data is thoroughly filled out, and BOG's is blank.  Probably beating a dead horse here but this one seems to be a bit more elaborate if it is a scam.
grimlock

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:13:16 PM

At this point, I'd like to know if anyone has been paid by a mining contract of theirs.  It says they pay out weekly, so if this company is legit, someone should be able to vouch for them really soon.
NineLives

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 12:58:57 AM

Just called dynastack.com (1-(866)-HOSTING).  Not a scam.

Bitcoin Mining Hardware:   www.mininghardware.co.uk
Dgdistrb

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 10:01:53 PM

Just called dynastack.com (1-(866)-HOSTING).  Not a scam.

I set up an account as of Friday with Bit of  Glory. So far I received excellent service. I have not yet tried to wire any profits back to my account. That will be the real test.
From what I understand they just started this site in Jan. of this year. Sounds like they have some bugs to iron out which is understandable.

Thank you,
Dgdistrb
krampus

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Village Idiot

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 08:51:19 PM

Scam?

Considering that they're claiming the have BFL Monarchs -- the ASICs for which are being bumped / sliced / packaged at this moment, and which have not shipped in any way, shape, or form -- I'd say it's a pretty good bet that this is a scam.

I pledge never to use this space for sleazy referrals, gambling spam, or to beg for handouts.
nytrolic

Activity: 165

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:30:36 PM

Quoted from BFL_Josh, TWO days ago:

"Test chips have arrived at the testing facility today, I'm told they are going to start testing tonight, but have no information on how long that process will take and whether I will have any further information tonight or tomorrow or how long that will take specifically. I will update again when I have more information, but the testing process is imminent and should answer all the lingering questions and doubt.'scuse me while I go pace the halls."

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
krampus

Village Idiot

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:40:55 PM

I set up an account as of Friday with Bit of  Glory. So far I received excellent service. I have not yet tried to wire any profits back to my account. That will be the real test.
From what I understand they just started this site in Jan. of this year. Sounds like they have some bugs to iron out which is understandable.

It's been over a week, and we haven't heard back from Dgdistrb on this.

I'm thinking that either (a) newbie got scammed, or (b) newbie was in on it. In both cases, newbie seems to have disappeared.

I pledge never to use this space for sleazy referrals, gambling spam, or to beg for handouts.
madmike2

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:32:27 AM

To anyone that wants to know the truth about bitofglory.com, masters of mining LLP, Dynastack Inc, Dynalayer Inc. Call me 214.326.7521. I am the CFO of Dynastack Inc. or I was until Jared Rice aka Thomas, John, Joe... you get the picture, stole control of the company and ran, yet to be located. The whole bit coin thing is a scam. Jared is trying to use the reputation of what was an honest hosting/IT company, that I funded to the tune of 1.5 mil.  I have started legal action against Jared and his minions. If you have yet to become involved, DONT!!! If you have and want to help stop these thieves, contact me.

madmike
Coldfire

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:10:02 AM

I signed up Tuesday of last week. I received excellent service and signed up for 5 TH/s. Their dashboard is really good the BTC earned in this week is consistent with what I would have with physical hardware. I have actually received a payout which is scheduled weekly. My first payout I requested earlier on that Sunday to see if it was legit. They told me that it took two days to process and I would receive through bitpay. I did in fact receive 6.6btc from them on Tuesday, two days after Sunday as stated.

So far so good!
krampus

Village Idiot

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:12:54 AM

kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 04:16:39 AM

love posts from peopel with 1-5 pots saying this is legit Wink

krampus

Village Idiot

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:19:56 AM

I signed up Tuesday of last week. I received excellent service and signed up for 5 TH/s. Their dashboard is really good the BTC earned in this week is consistent with what I would have with physical hardware. I have actually received a payout which is scheduled weekly. My first payout I requested earlier on that Sunday to see if it was legit. They told me that it took two days to process and I would receive through bitpay. I did in fact receive 6.6btc from them on Tuesday, two days after Sunday as stated.

Second sentence, essentially the same message. Are they working from a script?

Coldfire

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:43:06 AM

You guys are really a bunch of stupid group-think trolls lol its kind of funny actually! Could honestly give two shits whether or not you think its legit, absolutely your loss if you think that it is a scam! All I know is I have received a payout and so far from where I stand it doesn't seem or feel like a scam. Why would a scammer pay me out?

I am not an employee of Bit of Glory and am just letting you know my experience! I have been burned in the past. Stupidly signed up for bitcoincloudhashing which is the biggest fucking scam around. Lost $14,500. Signed up for bitofglory after verifying dynastack and checking them out. If you ask Dynastack they would be happy to give you a tour of the facility and meet face to face in Dallas.

Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:46:42 AM

Second sentence, essentially the same message. Are they working from a script?

Don't forget the two accounts are recently registered, and all of their posts are related to this site.  Wink
emmettoc

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:15:47 AM

I have never seen the Demo is working because of forever system maintenance.

I smell a SCAM.
nytrolic

Activity: 165

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:53:12 AM

You guys are really a bunch of stupid group-think trolls lol its kind of funny actually! Could honestly give two shits whether or not you think its legit, absolutely your loss if you think that it is a scam! All I know is I have received a payout and so far from where I stand it doesn't seem or feel like a scam. Why would a scammer pay me out?

I am not an employee of Bit of Glory and am just letting you know my experience! I have been burned in the past. Stupidly signed up for bitcoincloudhashing which is the biggest fucking scam around. Lost $14,500. Signed up for bitofglory after verifying dynastack and checking them out. If you ask Dynastack they would be happy to give you a tour of the facility and meet face to face in Dallas.

Could you provide us with some screenshots and a blockchain address maybe?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: