Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:49:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy a car now or invest and buy later?  (Read 3897 times)
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:01:46 PM

Get your car financed. Put the cash into btc. Vey easy to Pay back the loan.

Cry

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:15:34 PM

Sell everything. Take out all credit you can. Bitcoin is a sure source of free money. You will be a multimillionaire in 2 years. Source: log charts.

Please don't take this seriously.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:47:15 PM

This is an interesting question.  Given the inevitable collapse of the market under the weight of all the bad news and the fact that bitcoin reached saturation and its maximum usefulness in 2013, I'd say buy a care because the money you put into a care will be worth more than the same money put into bitcoin in the long term.

You must take this seriously!

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:11:24 AM

This is an interesting question.  Given the inevitable collapse of the market under the weight of all the bad news and the fact that bitcoin reached saturation and its maximum usefulness in 2013, I'd say buy a care because the money you put into a care will be worth more than the same money put into bitcoin in the long term.

You must take this seriously!

I heard you've already lost a few bets on the collapse/price of bitcoin in previous months/year Wink.
I personally think that bitcoin has a lot of potential and still hasn't reached it's max potential. What the price will be is the question but I  strongly believe it will be higher than the current price.

Note for stoopid peeps:
IT IS NOT A SURE SHOT! DO NOT TAKE OUT A LOAN TO INVEST!

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:46:27 AM

Hi,

I have a decision to make and am not sure what to do. So I already invested 50% of my cash into BTC for long term. Now I have about $20K and I need/want a car for 3 years now. I found three nice cars but am not sure if I should buy one of them now? Or better invest those $20K in BTC and speculate?

Maybe when I invest, I will lose it or if things goes well it will double in a few months and I could get the car for free. I need and want this car, there is no discussion about if it makes sense to buy a car or not.

So, what would you do? Go full (90%) BTC and speculate? Or get the car now and enjoy the ride?

Considering the timing, right about now I would go full BTC. BTC could be over $100,000 by the end of this year and you'll be stuck with a car? GET SOME BTC. It's just a goddamn car.
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:48:04 AM

You can do what you want with your cash but one thing I am telling to everybody. Keep one bitcoin at all times and never sell it (at this time). One bitcoin is enough to be rich in few years and risk of losing it is slim.

It depends on how you define rich but 1 BTC is enough for most people to retire possibly by the end of this year and certainly within the next few years. 10 Bitcoins and you've got enough that you'll probably be rich if you hold long enough.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 03:01:49 AM

you're asking if you should speculate with the money you NEED, really? reeeeaallllllyyy?

Cubic Earth
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:45:21 AM

you're asking if you should speculate with the money you NEED, really? reeeeaallllllyyy?

I agree it would be pretty dumb to speculate with money you need.  But did you see the picture of that ugly car?  No one needs such a hideous thing.  The OP said he has a 14 year old VW, which is 6 years newer than the Camry I drive around.

In general, if you can suppress you material desires and live frugally and simply, saving and investing all you can, I think it is a sure path to personal wealth and financial freedom.  Most people would rather have the stuff, and have it now.

OP - good job saving so far.  There are other investments out there beside bitcoin.  A car obviously isn't an appreciating asset, but consider precious metals, saving for a down payment on property, or even just a boring index fund.
uyo

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:45:24 AM

no, he's asking if he should enjoy the money he can speculate with

The car thing is, I know I dont need it. But why should I always live worse? Why not give you some nice present after all that hard work you´ve done? What if you die next year? ...l
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: