Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 03:39:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A confession  (Read 2329 times)
bitteriest (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 07:39:18 AM

Well, my point was people are not using their bitcoins.
I see it from the side of a site that sells well with traditional money. The fact that over a year + people are not buying with bitcoin says it all.
cz_miner

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:40:57 PM

Bitcoin still sounds too complicated for the majority of people, who never had a deal with cryptos.
But you should recall your first experience with bitcoin. I bet it was unusual at first to see those wallet addresses, transaction confirmations, QR codes.
People, who get used to paypal find it complicated unfortunately.
msc

Activity: 282
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:57:41 PM

Well, my point was people are not using their bitcoins.
I see it from the side of a site that sells well with traditional money. The fact that over a year + people are not buying with bitcoin says it all.
There's very little motivation to spend bitcoins at this point.  It's a better investment than it is a payment method, so far.  That can change, but we need greater adoption, and better software.

But also, I don't see the word Bitcoin on your home page.  People buying magnets and ornaments won't have any interest in Bitcoin, whereas people who are interested in spending Bitcoin won't know that you accept it.
zerokwel

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:27:46 PM

one Big thing I would say is update this in the faq

WHAT METHODS OF PAYMENT DO WE ACCEPT?
We accept PayPal and international credit cards.

I mean looking at the site.. Which is a really nice site I must say. I cannot see anyway just from first glance that would make me think you accepted BTC.

and I am a semi active forum member. Sometimes I don't post for months but I do read most the forums.
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 01:43:46 AM

Hi
I would like to make a small confession.
I work in a company that decided to add bitcoin payment to it's cart over a year ago.
I posted a few notes about it in the forum and other forums.
After a year+ we have it on line , the number of orders paid with bitcoin is ZERO !!! Yes. Zero.
And we have thousands of orders every year all paid with credit-cards/PayPal.

So this makes me think two things:
1) People are not really buying stuff with their bitcoin
2) The future of the bitcoin as real currency is gloom.

Please prove me wrong (as a person who hold a few coins....)

It depends if your company deals in products or services relevant to those who posses BTC that are willing to spend.

jenks

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:13:57 AM

So this makes me think two things:
1) People are not really buying stuff with their bitcoin
2) The future of the bitcoin as real currency is gloom.

Please prove me wrong (as a person who hold a few coins....)

According to Quantcast statistics Bitcoin users are

* 88% male
* 48% have annual income above $50k
* 35% have annual income over $100k
* 26% have annual income over $150k

It's no surprise that Bitcoin users also tend to be a bit more techy. You might give some thought about your company's clients, do they fit well into the typical Bitcoin user? Bitcoin will grow into different demographics but these are the current statistics.

As others mentioned also think about marketing and promotion. The people using Bitcoin are generally big advocates for the currency. Think about promoting a special, deal, or service just for them. They will likely create raving fans, tell their friends, and talk about your company on forums like this. Create a simple press release about your company accepting Bitcoin (and make it obvious on the home page of your website) and then share the press release with Bitcoin blogs and advocates. Just a couple of ideas, hang in there and good luck!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: