Bitcoin Forum
August 31, 2024, 10:14:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 297 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s  (Read 346283 times)
CroverNo

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:01:47 AM

I think there will be a lot of unhappy people today when they find out the BTC they sent yesterday has not been confirmed, Not sure how it works but I'm sure once you send BTC it never comes back even if its unconfirmed by the network?

Just looking at Bitmains wallet and they have so many unconfirmed transactions due to lastnights blockchain error.

Not sure if what I am saying is right can anyone clarify or have I lost my BTC + my order ?

Thanks

Have now counted and can see 38 orders from yesterday that have not been confirmed: Anyone else stuck in the same boat ?
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:24:46 AM

I think there will be a lot of unhappy people today when they find out the BTC they sent yesterday has not been confirmed, Not sure how it works but I'm sure once you send BTC it never comes back even if its unconfirmed by the network?

Just looking at Bitmains wallet and they have so many unconfirmed transactions due to lastnights blockchain error.

Not sure if what I am saying is right can anyone clarify or have I lost my BTC + my order ?

Thanks

Have now counted and can see 38 orders from yesterday that have not been confirmed: Anyone else stuck in the same boat ?
My understanding is this: transactions are being confirmed on the blockchain as normal, however blockchain.info (a company which is not the Bitcoin blockchain, but which provides a convenient web interface to view the blockchain) is lagging behind the actual blockchain.  Since Bitmain use the blockchain.info API to check if payments have been made, we have a problem.  If Bitmain looked at the actual blockchain (they would have to run a Bitcoin node to do this... just the standard Bitcoin QT would do) they would see the payments.  Most companies don't bother to develop their own API to their own Bitcoin node, they just use blockchain.info instead.  

So yes, it is a problem for Bitmain customers, and I hope that Bitmain works it out.  I also hope that blockchain.info catches up soon.  But just to be pedantic - Bitcoin transactions are going through fine.  Another example of why we shouldn't rely on a centralised entity (blockchain.info) for information about Bitcoin transactions.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
n3xus

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:39:38 AM

I hope you all get it sorted out, but mine did go through ok.
Also to note about the coupons I received one for my order on the 21 but not for the one on the 16 and one arrived a day before the other. still happy for the coupon Smiley
BotwinBG

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:46:26 AM

BITMAIN - a local friend ordered two units. First of all there was the surprise VAT. Not very nice to sneak it up on your customers, but whatever.
The second issue is that one of the miners was broken on delivery. The fan did not turn on and it looks like the fan grill was hit and deformed. Then one of the capacitors was broken, looks like a bad soldering job.
My friend got the miners on Thursday last week and has since then sent two emails to info@bitmaintech.com and master@bitmaintech.com with the description of the problem and the pictures showing the damage. It is Tuesday today and my friend is yet to receive a reply regarding the broken unit and how to proceed with the replacement/warranty. Sorry to bring it to public attention but time is ticking and a few business days should be enough for a reply in a case like that.

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AMEPAY IEO
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AMEPAY LISTING
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
nzgrant

Activity: 97

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:52:20 AM

I had the problem of my btc payment to BITMAIN didn't confirm within the 1 hour time frame so that the order expired.  I sent them an email, the btc eventually arrived and they fixed the order up.  So thanks BITMAIN for the great service.  I was bloody nervous for a while,  I didnt have my btc and neither did they.
CroverNo

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:25:34 AM

Thanks

My understanding is this: transactions are being confirmed on the blockchain as normal, however blockchain.info (a company which is not the Bitcoin blockchain, but which provides a convenient web interface to view the blockchain) is lagging behind the actual blockchain.  Since Bitmain use the blockchain.info API to check if payments have been made, we have a problem.  If Bitmain looked at the actual blockchain (they would have to run a Bitcoin node to do this... just the standard Bitcoin QT would do) they would see the payments.  Most companies don't bother to develop their own API to their own Bitcoin node, they just use blockchain.info instead.  

So yes, it is a problem for Bitmain customers, and I hope that Bitmain works it out.  I also hope that blockchain.info catches up soon.  But just to be pedantic - Bitcoin transactions are going through fine.  Another example of why we shouldn't rely on a centralised entity (blockchain.info) for information about Bitcoin transactions.

Thanks for the reply, My order has expired and my BTC still not confirmed, have raised the issue with Bitmain but failed to get a response. Like you say we should not all rely on Blockchain.info also it would be a lot better if Bitmain has there own node and own API to move things forward a lot faster also a lot more secure in ways. Bitmain needs to read what customers post on here and respond as it may not seem like a big issue but really if you have say 200 customers sending BTC in it all adds up then orders expire. Hopefully Bitmain will update me or post on here for the orders that never got though during the blockchain.info problems
Bit-Tech

Activity: 226

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:23:53 PM

BITMAIN YOU STILL HAVE NOT RESOLVED THE PROBLEM THATS BEEN FOR 3 WEEKS. PLEASE RESPOND THE PM
BotwinBG

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:31:31 PM

Does anyone have experience with Bitmaintech warranty?

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AMEPAY IEO
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AMEPAY LISTING
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:38:51 PM

BITMAIN - a local friend ordered two units. First of all there was the surprise VAT. Not very nice to sneak it up on your customers, but whatever.
The second issue is that one of the miners was broken on delivery. The fan did not turn on and it looks like the fan grill was hit and deformed. Then one of the capacitors was broken, looks like a bad soldering job.
My friend got the miners on Thursday last week and has since then sent two emails to info@bitmaintech.com and master@bitmaintech.com with the description of the problem and the pictures showing the damage. It is Tuesday today and my friend is yet to receive a reply regarding the broken unit and how to proceed with the replacement/warranty. Sorry to bring it to public attention but time is ticking and a few business days should be enough for a reply in a case like that.

Of course you need to pay the import taxes, BITMAIN cannot do this for you.

And if the package is damaged you shouldn't accept it.

That said, don't expect too much from bitmaintech support.
CroverNo

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:44:25 PM

Bitmain has now updated the price but yet still to reply to me about my order.... fabulous
BotwinBG

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:59:33 PM

No, being forced parting with money is not a need of mine.
That issue was that Bitmain jacked the declared value w/o notifying the customer of the change. 250USD computer game gateway suddenly became more expensive. It was already brought up by several people here. Anyway, whatever, that was a minor point.
The package had no visible damage on the outside and the capacitor looked like a bad solder job that probably fell off due to vibrations during the transport. Would be hard to refuse the package once the UPS guy is miles away.
Understandably my friend is not very happy with his first purchase. Total silence from Bitmain does no help the situation.

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AMEPAY IEO
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AMEPAY LISTING
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CroverNo

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:11:13 PM

No, being forced parting with money is not a need of mine.
That issue was that Bitmain jacked the declared value w/o notifying the customer of the change. 250USD computer game gateway suddenly became more expensive. It was already brought up by several people here. Anyway, whatever, that was a minor point.
The package had no visible damage on the outside and the capacitor looked like a bad solder job that probably fell off due to vibrations during the transport. Would be hard to refuse the package once the UPS guy is miles away.
Understandably my friend is not very happy with his first purchase. Total silence from Bitmain does no help the situation.

Sent an email to webmaster@bitmaintech.com or the info and mark as Urgent, I hope Bitmain can soon implement the support ticket system I issued for them would honest save so much hassle and filling up there mailbox if tickets could be logged then chased up.

It's a real pain Bitmain upping the EU VAT for some reason Sad I had zero problems with customs paying £29 per miner now It's almost £100.

Price for the S1 would need to reflect an EU price. Also damages should be followed up with Bitmain right away taking photos of damages.

Still waiting for a reply back myself after yesterdays issues with payment Sad
loaded101

Activity: 73

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:13:03 PM

Mine has gone through eventually and Bitmain have accepted it thankfully.

Zelek - as well as the issue which you have reported, payments made from a blockchain account appear not to have been processed correctly whilst they were having an issue - I checked my transaction on alternate (fully up to date) block explorers and the transaction was not there.

loaded101

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:15:56 PM

I paid 102.55 VAT plus an admin fee of 11 when buying a miner at 1.45BTC. BTC exchange rate at the time was roughly £375 so the VAT is very close to 20% of this value.
CroverNo

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:23:26 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 02:43:34 PM by CroverNo

I paid 102.55 VAT plus an admin fee of 11 when buying a miner at 1.45BTC. BTC exchange rate at the time was roughly £375 so the VAT is very close to 20% of this value.

I hope Bitmain reads these comments from its customers, £102.55 per Ant is crazy for VAT

Bitmain Website has also now removed the about us page so all email address are gone

If you need to contact them please email:

info@bitmaintech.info
Or
webmaster@bitmaintech.info

For firmware updates see the support thread for link to the Github page

Hopefully Bitmain updates the page soon maybe they are getting ready for big update  Roll Eyes
btmtb

Activity: 291

Scam-Busting PSA: Beware of Black Arrow Software

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:28:45 PM

I hope Bitmain reads these comments from its customers, £102.55 per Ant is crazy for VAT - HRMC has now declared any Bitcoin related purchase WILL NOT have to be subject to VAT - So please Bitmain get this checked out and comply with laws and not get us smacked on custom charges.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. You've totally misinterpreted the ruling here, with your use of the word 'related'. VAT will not be applied to currency exchanges, hardware sales are as VATable as ever.

"However, HMRC's guidance issued on Monday, said VAT would not be levied, on the basis of EU rules that apply to currencies.

It said Bitcoin trading and other activities, like charges for verifying transactions, "are exempt because they fall within the definition of 'transactions, including negotiation, concerning deposit and current accounts, payments, transfers, debts, cheques and other negotiable instruments'".

But VAT will apply to suppliers of goods and services sold in exchange for Bitcoin, based on the sterling value of the virtual currency at the point of sale, HMRC said."

- source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-26426550
loaded101

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:32:20 PM

Crover - the HMRC declaration relates to sales / purchases / profits on bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies.

It does not relate to purchases of what at the end of the day is electronic hardware. This is no different than if you buy a PC or laptop whether from PC world (where the VAT is included in the price) or from abroad where HMRC require you to pay VAT on delivery.

Many ebay sellers undervalue / pretend they are sending a gift in order to avoid you having to pay VAT / duty on the product. Not only is this illegal, but you as the recipient are liable for any false declaration.

It may well be that due to the large quantity of Antminers being sent to the UK that HMRC have got wise to Bitmain undervaluing and told them to ensure the correct duty is charged or they will seize shipments, which I am afraid they are more than entitled to do.

I'm no fan of paying tax any more than anyone else but I'm afraid there's no easy way round it.
CroverNo

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:42:56 PM

Crover - the HMRC declaration relates to sales / purchases / profits on bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies.

It does not relate to purchases of what at the end of the day is electronic hardware. This is no different than if you buy a PC or laptop whether from PC world (where the VAT is included in the price) or from abroad where HMRC require you to pay VAT on delivery.

Many ebay sellers undervalue / pretend they are sending a gift in order to avoid you having to pay VAT / duty on the product. Not only is this illegal, but you as the recipient are liable for any false declaration.

It may well be that due to the large quantity of Antminers being sent to the UK that HMRC have got wise to Bitmain undervaluing and told them to ensure the correct duty is charged or they will seize shipments, which I am afraid they are more than entitled to do.

I'm no fan of paying tax any more than anyone else but I'm afraid there's no easy way round it.

I stand corrected, misread the title and the page I now read has been edited it previous said related eg me thinking anything we buy with Bitcoins but then you could buy a car then import and yeah still pay the value of its worth.

But still Bitmain should ease on the EU Charges Sad Yeah I agree but there is ways for but 250USD is a high value 150USD was I would say a good cost price for a antminer at the time. UPS never had a problems with customs in my view as when Bitmain says EU the there is not a central customs for EU.

wpgdeez

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:59:00 PM

I hope I get the tracking before the package this time. It's nice to be able to pay the duty in advance so they can just leave the package if no one is home.
Jeffrey

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:59:08 PM

Maybe I've missed it, but is Bitmain also lowering the value of the package (customs-wise) when their price in BTC goes down?

I mean, paying €140 for a miner which costs BTC1.45 or paying €140 for a miner which costs less than BTC1 is quite a difference.
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 297 »
  Print  

Jump to: