Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:41:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Concerns about the fluctuation, even dramatic, of the price of Bitcoin...  (Read 5835 times)
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 03:12:07 PM

shitty foundation? Please, tell us more, you seem so knowledgeable...

Where have you been the last two months of rape and pillage?

Are you talking about how authentication on the Internet is broken?

Hackers May Have Nabbed Over 200 SSL Certificates
Dutch Government Revokes Diginotar Certificates
Rogue SSL Certs Issued For CIA, MI6, Mossad
(Possible) Diginotar Hacker Comes Forward

I personally think the shitty foundation is consumer computers designed to betray the user, but whatever.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 04:32:00 PM

Money is a false incentive.

Exactly. I am a developer. Money is not the issue.

I've started a big project, now it is on hold for several month already.

Reasons? Total mess and lack of clear leadership of BitCoin (not that I pretend), uncertain BitCoin fate with all the scandals, hacks, legal problems, scalability issues, and again - the general mess and the amount of morons, nobody can do anything about.

It's just a mess now. I guess we have to let it sort of die out, the price to drop to 1-2 dollars, morons get tired and move to new online "adventures" and then this project can quietly and slowly begin to evolve into something usable...

i too would like to know some about your "big project" and some details since you are a "developer".
Cryptoman

Activity: 726
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 04:44:35 PM

Here is a very recent IRC-log from just a few minutes ago, from the owner of Mt. Gox:

[14:23:25] <@free'MagicalTux> btw I see that most of the bitcoins we were watching (stolen coins) were sold today
[14:25:26] <@free'MagicalTux> TuxBlackEdo: no, stolen coins from other police reports
[14:25:38] <@free'MagicalTux> however we don't have enough proof to do anything
[14:25:43] <@free'MagicalTux> there is only reports from people

Timestamp is Finnish time. It's an interesting bit of information. Seems that thiefs have been accelerating the sell-off significantly.

This has been my theory for awhile, that these recent price slides are due to people selling stolen coins.  They want to liquidate their stolen assets at any cost.  They could sell at $1 and still "profit."  They don't care about the future of bitcoin, and they are not interested in all the great development news.  I see this as a buying opportunity for those of us who are here to stay.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." --Gandhi
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 05:11:11 PM

There is no mess going on with Bitcoin right now. Is someone still thinking about Bruce Wagner or the hacks? Who cares? The security in sites such as Mt. Gox has been improved very significantly, Tradehill has been secure from the start and is building the Bitcoin.com site which will include a site similar to Mybitcoin in functionality.

Nothing is wrong. Everything is great. We are all very happy here.

Reality check: It's only been 90 days since the Mt. Gox break in and crash.  Tradehill has only been operating for about 90 days.  In the last 90 days we've had the MyBitcoin collapse, the Global Standard Bank scam, the Dwolla reversals, the Bruce Wagner expose, and a steady decline of about 20% per month in the price of Bitcoins. There's still no outside audit to provide assurance that Mt. Gox has all the funds deposited with them.

Get real.
gusti
Legendary

Activity: 1099

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 05:22:45 PM

There is no mess going on with Bitcoin right now. Is someone still thinking about Bruce Wagner or the hacks? Who cares? The security in sites such as Mt. Gox has been improved very significantly, Tradehill has been secure from the start and is building the Bitcoin.com site which will include a site similar to Mybitcoin in functionality.

Reality check: It's only been 90 days since the Mt. Gox break in and crash.  Tradehill has only been operating for about 90 days.  In the last 90 days we've had the MyBitcoin collapse, the Global Standard Bank scam, the Dwolla reversals, the Bruce Wagner expose, and a steady decline of about 20% per month in the price of Bitcoins. There's still no outside audit to provide assurance that Mt. Gox has all the funds deposited with them.

Get real.

And what's the point with all that incidents ?
Bitcoin is still working flawlessly.

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.
bitconformist

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 05:47:07 PM

Get real.
And continuous inflation of bitcoins themselves as new ones are created.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 09:25:55 PM

It's failing because nobody is going to buy a solid house on a shitty foundation.

solid house-> bitcoin
shitty foundation -> internet.

Bitcoin doesn't need 'this' internet. All it needs is storage and communication. This internet is where our boat is parked right now, foundation analogy is not good.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
aq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 10:06:23 PM

Get real.

And what's the point with all that incidents ?
Bitcoin is still working flawlessly.

Lets face the truth. A lot of people out there think that the google search bar is the actual internet. Similar to this, there are people like Nagle out there that think that Bitcoin is Bruce Wagner and mybitcoin. Don't blame him for being simple minded.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 10:29:48 PM

Get real.

then if you're so "real" why don't you put your money where your mouth is.  i'll bet you 100 BTC to be held in escrow that the USD price per BTC will be higher one year from now than it is today.  you're a douche so i don't expect you to take the bet.
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 12:16:35 AM

then if you're so "real" why don't you put your money where your mouth is.  i'll bet you 100 BTC to be held in escrow that the USD price per BTC will be higher one year from now than it is today.  you're a douche so i don't expect you to take the bet.
You should do it in USD, else it’s an asymmetric bet where he wouldn’t really gain anything if he was right (as he is extremely bearish).
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2011, 12:24:55 AM

You should do it in USD, else it’s an asymmetric bet where he wouldn’t really gain anything if he was right (as he is extremely bearish).

It is an asymmetric bet in USD too. They should just agree to swap the other's preferred currency in the future at today's rate.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 12:29:55 AM

fine, i'll bet 100 BTC or $681 USD.  of course he'll NEVER take it cuz he's a paid shill.
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 12:34:10 AM

fine, i'll bet 100 BTC or $681 USD.  of course he'll NEVER take it cuz he's a paid shill.
Yeah, I wonder why noone of them has actually taken up such a bet yet, I’ve really seen many offers.
ThiagoCMC (OP)
Legendary

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 01:53:06 AM

Also, mtgox screwed mtgoxlive up. The graphs are not at all even close to accurate
actually greedy and /or naive miners did (and do ) have something to do with the price.
when you actually expect to sell @ 10$, 8$ , 6$ ... it is going to get ugly. Until someone with resources decides to buy it in just before the next bubble.
as for the tesla subject that someone mentioned.
i think that tesla was working with dc. global electricity is used with ac.

Tesla was the father of the Alternate Current. He invented the entire electrical system of the today's World... He just electrified our society, only he, alone. He win the War of The Currents easily... Almost all we have, we should thank Tesla, AC, radio, remote control. microwaves, radio-astronomy, star wars, wireless electricity, electric motor / generator used at hydroelectric / nuclear / termo power plants... Plus, Tesla optimized the Direct Current, promoted by the ugly Thomas Edson...

Best!
Thiago
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 03:14:15 AM

Yeah, I wonder why noone of them has actually taken up such a bet yet, I’ve really seen many offers.

b/c they're paid shills who are scared shitless that btc will go thru the roof which it will.  spineless trolls who are only here to try and knock the price down.  just wait i say and you're gonna see the explosion of a lifetime.
ThiagoCMC (OP)
Legendary

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 05:34:02 AM

Guys,

I'm a little disappointed here...  Cry

People fight for no reason, are sarcastic, scoff, make fun... Rather than talk and explain and more important, listen carefully...

I would LOVE to talk to evolve... Instead of fight for no reason...

I will not mention any name but, everybody on the Net, should look at the mirror before any post and ask to yourself:

Is this message that I'm about to post, something that I would like to receive?!

This is kind of well know Netiquette. Or simple, education...

We are about to change the future of man kind!!! So, we must live up to this challenge.

Cheers!
Thiago
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: